Create Account

A New Era in Minnesota
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 11:57 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Hello SHL, SpartanGibbles, Head GM of the Minnesota Chiefs here to announce some exciting news regarding my franchise. Many of you have probably seen this change coming for a while since I took over the franchise. If you have read my announcements, media, or even talked to me as a GM, you have probably heard me talk about a new era for Minnesota. After a few seasons of planning and working with Head Office, I am proud to announce that the Minnesota Chiefs will be rebranding as we approach Season 56.

I already know some will take issue with changing a team that has been the same since it joined the league in S5. I know this franchise has a long history and I have only personally experienced a fraction of it. I can completely understand the attachment many feel to the prior identity and branding. But with all that being said, after hearing opinions from the public, my team, and many people across the site; we decided that it was time for change. I know many do not like having a stereotypical Native American mascot in this league and I agree with them. I have been working with various people on my team and off to develop a new look for the franchise and I believe it will be a great change for the SHL. I wanted to make sure I took the time to do this the right way.

For those worried about the franchise moving, I can say that the team will remain in Minnesota. After much back and forth with HO about rebranding vs relocation the past few seasons we came to the agreement that keeping the franchise in the same location was the best decision. Minnesota is one of the biggest hockey states in the US and the location will continue to be the franchise’s home going forward. We are going to continue the tradition of SHL hockey being played in the land of a thousand lakes.

Now that I have rambled for a bit, I want to formally introduce the new identity of my team. The Minnesota Chiefs will now become…….

The Minnesota Monarchs

[Image: monarch-FINAL.png]

We had many differing contenders throughout the rebranding process but in the end, we fell in love with the Monarchs concept. I wanted the new identity moving forward to be a team decision that we could all rally behind. I will also address the fact that the Wisconsin Monarchs previously existed as an SHL team. That team’s lineage is part of the Tampa Bay Barracuda we have today. The previous Monarchs franchise existed from S1-2 before moving meaning that it has been 53 full seasons since their existence. We felt that the Monarch branding is the right step forward for the team.

The Logo for our rebrand was created by our recently drafted prospect @HanTheMan_. They have taken the main graphics lead on this and have been an absolute joy to work with as we have finalized our branding going forward.  Our logo is a strong new symbol that will carry this franchise for years to come and we are excited to share it with the rest of the league.

[Image: monarchs_brand_sheet.png]

Along with the change in branding we have chosen to to also change the color scheme implemented by the franchise. We will be keeping Green as the primary color, not only as an homage to the previous identity, but because it is a fan favorite. From here we have selected our secondary color of Purple. Our tertiary colors were chosen as White and Gold.  Purple & Gold have often been associated with royalty throughout the ages and we felt they were a good fit for the branding chosen. White was chosen to act as a neutral compliment for the other colors and we believe it compliments the others extremely well. 

Alternate Logo Contest

Along with this announcement I wanted to put my bank account to even better use and open up a contest for this off-season to design a secondary logo for the franchise. I know we have many talented artists in our community who can put their own personal flair on the Monarchs concept. I will be adding a link below when I officially open the contest in a day or two, but expect it to run roughly until the preseason, but the top prize will be 3 Million and a secondary prize of 1 Million for second place.

Link to Contest: Contest Live

With an alternate logo not yet selected we will be waiting until a later date for a team jersey reveal. I will also be adding our new graphics and branding sheet to our team information section while we get things changed over. I am beyond excited to share this with the rest of the SHL.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

nice to see that Minnesota finally got away from the chiefs logo

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 08:31 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

:thonk:

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Happy to be part of this new era!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 08:33 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Minnesota Kingus

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Good stuff !

[Image: lebbish.gif]

PROGRESS I LIKE IT

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 08:44 PM by .bojo.)

i'd hit it

Should have just went a season as "Minnesota Hockey Team" for a season first

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

09-14-2020, 08:44 PM.bojo Wrote: i'd hit it

Should have just went a season as "Minnesota Hockey Team" for a season first
Dan Snyder likes this.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

nice rebrand

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Was really rubbed the wrong way by the native American imagery, this is a fantastic change to see!

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

positive change for Minny, i love this

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Happy to see this change, good look !

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

I too like a Whopper every once in a while.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Lots of luck on this new era in Minnesota Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria