Create Account

The SHL's Best - By Draft Number (30-25)

In todays instalment of looking over drafts, I have decided to create a list of the best players in the draft for each pick in the draft. This will be focused on the first 30 picks in the draft with a couple honorable mentions at the end. Without further ado, let's look at pick #30.

Pick #30 - Daniel Smeb (Season 46) - Chicago Syndicate

Smeb has been a fantastic addition to the Syndicate since being drafted 10 seasons ago. Smeb has proven his offensive ability with 426 points in 500 games. His 160 goals ranks 3rd in his class and his point totals put him 3rd despite playing the least amount of seasons of anyone in the top 5. While the Syndicate have not found team success, Smeb provides a good veteran presence to bring along their prospects in hopes of hoisting that Challenge Cup before calling it a career.

honourable mentions: Corey Bearss (675 points) & Jon Toner (453 points)

Pick #29 - Patrick Pelletier (Season 5) - West Kendall Platoon

The weed man himself is one of the very few decent picks at 29. Thankfully, Pelletier had a good enough career to warrant making this list anyways. Pelletier was another guy on this list known more for his defensive prowess rather than his offensive black hole. While Pelletier had only 171 points (6th) in 500 games, he did finish his career with 913 hits (2nd) and 603 blocked shots (2nd), one of the higher totals in league history at the time of his retirement. All and all a great defensive player and a good pick for the Platoon.

honourable mentions: Colin Gibbles (263 points) & Walter Hobbs (193 wins)

Pick #28 - Taylor McDavid (Season 8) - West Kendall Platoon

McDavid is one of the best players to ever play in the SHL and easily the best #28 pick ever. McDavid finished his career with 870 points (8th all-time), and was great at scoring goals while also being able to get other people on the board. McDavid is a 3 time challenge cup champion, 1 time MVP, 2 time Karpotsov winner and a 3 time Dar winner showing off his impressive two way game. It will be very hard to find a player in general as good as McDavid let alone at pick #28.

honourable mentions: Tom Corcoran (Went 38-2-3 in a season)

Pick #27 - Michael Scarn (Season 46) - Winnipeg Jets

Scarn has been fantastic in his time in Winnipeg and Buffalo as he transitions to a new life in Hamilton. Scarn ranks 2nd in Goals (140) and Points (343), while ranking 3rd in assists (203) at the #27 pick. Scarn has also played 10 less seasons than the #1 ranker in points at this pick (Big Manius) but is less than 200 points back of him. Scarn won the Cup this year and is poised for another big season after putting up a 60 point campaign. The sky is the limit for this kid.

Honourable Mention: Big Manius (1st in goals and points)

Pick #26 - Jordin FourFour (Season 14) - Hamilton Steelhawks

The man who was thought of to be the savior of the Hawks was anything but. He was traded away from the Hawks shortly into his career and was seen as a headcase. Thankfully for him he became one of the best goalies ever. FourFour has two challenge cups to his name, both with the Renegades. FourFour is also 17th all time in wins with with 249, while his 39 shutouts are good for 8th all-time. The playoffs paint a similar picture as well. He sits 7th in wins (47) and 3rd in shutouts (6). Finally, Jordin has two McBride awards, one Honcho trophy and one Razov. Another great player.

Honourable Mention: Teddy Cuddles (562 points)

Pick #25 - Tony Pepperoni (Season 43) - Edmonton Blizzard

Pepperoni is a great topping on a pizza and somehow an ever better hockey player making him the easy choice for this list. Pepperoni has 545 points in 550 games played making him one of the few to get close to a point per game player in the SHL and what's more impressive is he has done it for a sustained period of time. Pepperoni is first in points at this pick as well as goals (227). Pepperoni is a 2 time Challenge Cup Champion, 1 time MVP, 1 time Khan winner and a 1 time Karpotsov recipient. Pepperoni has the chance to retire as one of the all time greats in this league.

Honourable Mention: Logan Valentine

24-19 will be later this week.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Why'd you start so low Cry

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

pick 51 never gets any respect

I have late picks ill reveal when I am finished with this. Smile

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Pick 43 Undecided

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

I'm hoping Gibbles can go down as the best 29th pick by the time he retires

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Interesting I used to work with a patrick pelletier irl

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Teddy Cuddles >>>>>

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

09-16-2020, 08:32 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I'm hoping Gibbles can go down as the best 29th pick by the time he retires

Same thought, but for 28th. Let's do this.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

As someone drafted at 32. I am curious as to why you didn't start there since that would be two full rounds for the last 10 seasons.

But I guess 28 was two full rounds before than and it is now 36 so maybe that is abartary anyway.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page