Create Account

S56 SMJHL Offseason Time-Waster

So you've now been drafted and are beginning in to settle into your new SMJHL home. As the time to finally hit the ice approaches, what is your player most looking forward to about their new city and/or team?

Written option: Talk about what is most exciting to you about the new location you are moving to, whether it's hockey-related or regarding the area itself (25+ words).

Reward
1 TPE for doing the thing.

Only S56 SMJHL Rookies (S57 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday, September 20th at 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Sniff is excited to play somewhere warm. He's also pretty sure that Las Vegas is nearby. He doesn't know what town he's in, but he can sense debauchery from a mile away.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

Quebec City is not like Finland, and that goes without saying. The cuisine is different, the culture is different, the language is different -- but maybe the best thing from Jari Heikkinen's perspective is that hockey has achieved a level of importance in Quebec that it really hasn't in Finland, popular though it certainly is. There's an energy in the air heading into the next season that's impossible not to find infectious as a member of the Citadelles, and that level of fan support (not to mention attention and expectation) is an incredible thing to a once little-known defender.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Im just very excited to join a locker room filled with people from all over the world. Lots of different backgrounds and personalities to learn from and talk to. Hell, just moving to a different state has me culture shocked. Maine is so different from Colorado. Ive always been landlocked, so this fresh seafood thing is pretty great!

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

The most interesting thing about Newfoundland is the puffins. They say it's a bird, but it could just as easily be a penguin. I do not have anything like that in the United States where I come from. It's almost as strange as there not being any squirrels in Australia.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 10:38 AM by spooked.)

The best part about Anaheim is the weather and the places to go. Beaches, Disney, and your moms house. Very nice places to go! Wonderful city to live in! No where else like it in the SMJHL, and much better than living in Maine or Newfoundland! Happy to be picked first overall and also getting to live in the best city in the SMJHL, only thing more I could ask for is some more French speakers. English is not so easy, but at least its warm here.

Vlastislav Malik is excited to make the move from Brno, Czech Republic to Kelowna, BC Canada. First thoughts? Weather seems pretty good. Seems like there's a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do, lots of lakes, forests, and parks to explore. Am I an outdoorsy person? Guess we'll find out real quick!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

One of the most exciting aspects of being in St. Louis is that it is a new adventure for me. Being from Russia I am not accustomed to the food or even just the way of life. I can not wait to learn more about the culture here!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Kyle is still settling down with the Carolina Kraken, and won’t be relaxed until he can get onto the ice for the first time. He’s not sure which Carolina he’s in, but he’s pretty convinced that North Carolina annexed South Carolina and now they’re just “Carolina”. Also he figured a Kraken would have been a northwest pacific animal as opposed to a southern Atlantic one.

Detroit, having been here before I mus say I'm pretty happy to be back. The city itself is a hell hole, but the franchise is awesome. Can't wait for the season to start and kick some ass.

The weather is way warmer in Colorado than in Quebec. I certainly won't miss the cold Canadian winter and I heard that the mountains and lakes are pretty great too. Looking forward to join the Club with an awesome group of helpful people.

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Best thing about St. John's Newfoundland is easily it's access to Guinness beer. Far greater than what it was in Vancouver. Should help me transition my game to the J. Guinness lads. Good stuff.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Getting off the plane and the cool fresh breeze hit me in the face, then I seem to chase my breath as the air was heavy to breath in. Guess it is true about the high altitude. Colorado is the place for me, oh I have waited for so long for this. I am so excited to jump on the ice for our first formal practice. taking shots and just chilling with the guys on the team.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

It is not every day you invited to go play hockey in the home state of Krispy Kreme donuts. It's so exciting to be playing in a location that comes with a location appropriate celebration treat!

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]

anchorage has a good locker room with a lot of supportive people. Alaska is an interesting place to take up residence, as its about as cold as Finalnd, where Lakkamaa is from.

[Image: izzy.PNG]