Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

Right now the weakest point of our Timber team has been the conditioning. I know we have a lot of rookies but with a very tough start schedule with games on back to back nights we need to have all our guns firing. With a great mix of vets and rookies on the team we could have all done a little more to lose our quarantine 15lbs and help get the team in shape before the season started. Best bet for our Timber team right now is following the veterans lead and getting our asses to the gym and getting those workouts in. It will give our team the boost it needs on the ice and help us battle off this tough schedule. As a old coach of mine said “you don’t come to practice to get in shape. You get in shape to come to practice.” That one really hits home right now with the timber. But I am not worried as the guys/girls will figure it out and get their asses in gear to be ready for the rest of the season.
Timber
Word count: 186

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PBE +3

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 10:53 PM by Wawazat.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2919969
So @Ronniewalker  beat me to it .
I too feel the Texas Renegades could use a little change up. I disagree with the need to scrap the black . In fact, I think  I’d go with a basic Oakland/Vegas Raiders Thing and the Home and Road Jersey would be solid no stripes. Black for Home and White for the Road. The numbers would be Solid silver on the Black home and Solid Black on the road Whites. The logo with the Texas flag colored bandana is the one I’d use as the Primary. It pops on the solid jerseys. The pants stay all black both Home and Road. The socks on the Home are black with a thick single stripe of silver. And the Road socks are white with a thick black stripe.
The big change is I’d scrape the sad third jersey and create a NEW one ....What If.....For a third you take the Texas state flag and make that the base of the jersey so blue on the whole right side big white star on the right sleeve.. left chest and upper left sleeve white with lower left body and lower left sleeve in red. With this loud and proud Texan third you use the all black logo and solid black numbers. The sleeve number on the right sleeve is centered in the big white star. The black pants and you use white socks with NYIslander style double stripe red and blue.
There’s my simple “Fix It”. My Nevada GM @Jearim a Texas Renegade himself might even approve .

P.S. One more idea on the home black and road white jerseys put the lone star logo on the shoulders. (see image)

[Image: 1476191_589053954481741_1055062597_n.jpg...1598318101]

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

[Image: hdTnibK.png]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

One aspect of the Newfoundland Berserkers that will need immediate attention will be the succession plan in net and starting to groom a young goaltender to take over the reins from Cale Amundsen at the end of seasons fifty five. The goalie position is arguably one of if not the most important position on the ice and Cale has done an incredible job in net for the Berserkers since being drafted by Newfoundland back in season fifty three. Cale has carried the load in net winning goalie of the year, the most valuable player award and helped Newfoundland win the Four Star cup in season fifty five. The bluk of the starts have been given to Cale over the past four seasons and the Berserkers have tried to draft young netminder to learn from Cale to one day take over but none of them have really showed long term potential and without drafting a young goalie this year are going to be left with a rookie starter next year which will be a huge down grade from their 425tpe starter.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

For the Los Angeles Panthers, I think that currently their strengths as an organization are in their management and goaltending. Fuzz and TDZ have shown very good management since stepping in, and Knox Booth has been the reason the Panthers have been able to stay in so many of the games. I think the main weakness for LAP is the prospect pool. Already they have taken some steps to try and fix this issue and grow it more, but the only way to really fix it without giving up key young players they already have would be to draft well in the coming seasons. The Panthers have been accruing draft picks and seem to be positioning themselves to do just that. I think they just need to be careful they don't run into a problem like Tampa Bay who will have an abundance of draft picks and not enough money to pay all of them.

WC: 156

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Code:
160 words
The Kelowna Knights have many issues on their team, and need a lot of rebuilding. They are currently on the right track, but they need a lot more draft power. They are the 2nd worst team in the league currently in goals for and the 2nd worst in goals against. The team needs more players to develop quickly, and in a season that is pretty much lost for them for cup contention, they could sell for more draft picks in the next draft. Drafting offence or defence for Kelowna would be a good idea, as long as they are adding more prospects to their pool. They wouldn’t be selling off the youngsters they have now, but players who are a season or 2 off of being called up to the SHL full time, they could use more draft power. The more prospects the better, and if they get back into contention, they could start an easier transition for a re-tool.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

The Panthers have just gone to quite some turnover in their roster upon the departure of the previous GM duo. While the new management team is still making the team its own, there is still work to be done. Philipp Winter isn't getting younger and it would be nice to send him off with a cup in the end. In order to be able to compete for the cup, the defense still need to grow further. Currently the whole defence together in terms of tpe, might not even be the same amount as a top 2 line for the competitors. So work needs to be done there to also get our defence top notch. We already have a goalie we can count on and the offense of Fox, Winter and Atreides also provides a nice spark. But we need more pieces to complete the puzzle. Next to the defense, we will also need to see some more upgrades on offense. It's still the first season of the management team, so let's see where this goes as I'm sure this plan is already in motion on the background.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

There is not a lot to fix about how Quebec City Citadelles plays at the moment in SMJHL. Even though we are fifth in our conference with 10 points in 16 games, those results have been mainly bad luck. I guess we have lost about seven games with a one goal margin. Of course loss is a loss but there is no reason to panic. We just need to make some minor adjustments. I am not a coach or part of management staff so I can not exactly say what those changes could be but I trust fully to our leaders that they can solve issues before playoffs begin. I prefer to lose now and win the right games later. We have conceded 45 goals so far which means about three goals per game against. That is not bad. However, we have only scored 36 so if there is an area of improvement, maybe we just need to find better shooting positions on ice and not shoot from every location, I don't know. Of course 16 games is still a very short of time to make too big conclusions because puck luck affects so much when number of games is so small yet. I trust that those one goal games will turn in our favour pretty soon if we just continue believing in our process.

Words: 232

[Image: salming.png]

I think the league knows that there is a culture in Hamilton that is widely known. The culture I am talking about is the simp culture. Bork Lazer signed with the Hamilton Steelhawks just because Bork knew the team was good. Bork Lazer sees that he can take the Hamilton Steelhawks to the next level by eliminating the simp culture and bringing in the Chad culture. Doing this, Bork Lazer would start by whooping @Gwdjohnsonass and taking over as general manager. This guy is certified sim and big daddy chad bork lazer would eliminate him to improve the culture. Bork Lazer would then teach the ways of the Chad to all of the Hamilton players which would be the start of the newest dynasty in the Simulation Hockey League. Gabe if you are reading this you can still be saved if you follow in the footsteps of Bork Lazer and stop simping and starting taking life by the balls on and off the ice.

[Image: lazer2.png]

The Whalers are having a strong start, going 9-4 to start the season. They are first in goals against, and second in goals for. So how do they improve when they are so good? Well they could be first in scoring, and that means the centers, especially past the first line, need to start putting the puck in the net more. The centers have 6 total goals, and 5 of them belong to first-liner Nikiforov.  The team's defense has 5 players with at least 1 goal, 3 of them with more combined the rest of the centers! They need to start listening to when the crowd yells "SHOOT!" more. Two of the centers are dead last on the team shots among players.

In fairness, the centers do take up the majority of the assists on the team. Somebody needs to set up the other players to score.

Also, the team needs to get its shit together during the powerplay.  The percentage of goals scored should be higher and the team has allowed the most shorthanded goals in the league at 3 while scoring only 5.  They also need to figure out a way to draw more penalties. 

As for being shorthanded, the team could do better there as well.  The vaunted defense and stout goaltending that has allowed the fewest goals against in the league is decidedly average when shorthanded.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

Look there's some great things to be said about the San Francisco Pride. They've gone to the finals somewhat recently, and are relatively well known. That being said, my gosh are they well known for the wrong reasons. The San Francisco Pride made such an egregious error in trading a boatload of resources for a goalie that they then proceeded to not use at all. I'm not sure how you can justify that, so to catch these kinds of things I would suggest the Same Francisco Pride work on creating a set of objectives to be completed each season much like the general GM tasks. They aren't in the best spot roster wise, but with huge cap hits coming off the books soon they should be able to turn things around. They just need to make the best of the things they've been given and to work out deals with the strengths they'll soon have.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 09:02 AM by takethehorizon.)

It has been a tough couple of seasons for the San Francisco Pride. The GM fiasco. The starting their starter, Kavanagh every game of the season (which I don't necessarily mind). And now under new management and a look into a much brighter future. I've been toying with the possible idea of rebranding which could build excitement throughout the SHL and perhaps attract more young talent to the organization. SFP has taken quite a few blows as a team recently but look to rebound under new management. Rebuild has to be on everyone's mind right now as SFP should be trading away more established, older talent and look to snag younger weapons both in forwards and on the blue line. Having a lower user activity level than most other teams in the league, it is paramount to find players that will be around for the long haul. I would be a bit bias but also truthful when I say goaltending is a bright spot. Kavanagh just about to reach 1100 TPE, Kryyst regressing but still over 1100 and Nicolae Antonescu waiting in the wings with just under 600 TPE. TLDR: focus on drafting solid players that will remain active (easier said than done, eh?), trade for prospects, build for seasons to come.

Word Count: 212

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

The only weak spot for the Nevada Battleborn this season is their location!

Playing in the city of Las Vegas has meant that the players are spending a lot of time doing things that they shouldn’t be and even though the team is winning a lot of games there is a lot to be concerned about.

There has been stories in the news about players being caught out past their curfew drinking and gambling and the team owners have warned the players that if they do not behave themselves then they will be forced to move the team to a smaller town in Nevada. Nobody wants for this to happen but it might be the only choice with all the temptation that there is.

Everything else with the team is perfect and they are winning a lot of games so if the teams location is the only complaint then they are doing something good!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

PBE PT Affiliate