Create Account

(Graded) S56 Deep Dive #2- Nevada Who?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2020, 11:55 AM by StamkosFan.)

Just about when I wrote my first deep dive I already was thinking about writing a little something and dedicating an article to this franchise the Nevada battle Born.  One of two expansion teams last season, the other being the Quebec Citadels, but never mind them, we are here to discuss the recent success of the Battle Born.

Last season inaugural season was not a very pleasant one as most expansions teams experience some kind of growing pains whether it be for a season or sometimes even longer.  Last season Nevada went 10-36-4 for a total of 24 points and dead last in the overall standings by quite a margin as the second to last place team being the Detroit Falcons had accumulated 34 points.

General manager Jearim and Co-General manager Nokazoa had a plan and followed it through.  Looking at the roster make-up you can see their intentions of having any kind of success in season number one of their franchise was not as important as establishing a strong future for numerous seasons to come.  Now here today in their second season are thronging not only the western conference but the whole smjhl league standings with a whopping 9-2-1 record good for 19 points. Amidst all that they also managed to have a 6 game winning streak snapped just two games ago and have recently climbed back into the winning column  by smashing the Kelowna Knights 6-1.  

Their path to recent success although still early some might say, has the ingredients for better things to come and maybe, just maybe a couple years of smjhl dominance if i don't say so myself.  The Battle Born roster was/is built for long term success and let me show you why.  On their roster they have (4) season 57 rookies who all but one player are earning on a good and steady pace all within the 219 and 241 tpe range.  The (11) sophomores on the team from the s56 draft class are all earning at an incredible pace and already had the growing pains of a very long unsuccessful losing season under their belts.  Valuable experience gained and a step forward for the franchise.   An added bonus, 5 of the 11 season 56 players are defenseman and the benefits of having a strong core defense is already showing this season as they have one of the best defenses in the league.  They are second (27 goals against) only to Vancouver (25 goals against). They also have 2 very good and active goalies who are both closing in the 425 smjhl cap. 

I took the time to make and  show the Nevada Battle Born depth chart:

LEFT WING                                                  CENTER                                                          RIGHT WING
(S55) Zelma Zuntnere- 473 TPE                   (S56) Raivo Helminen- 399 TPE                     (S55) James Kimanje- 442 TPE
(S56) Chad Danger- 374 TPE                        (S53) Chris Cerullo- 269 TPE                         (S56) Alexis Vermette- 396 TPE
(S56) Kenji Sugimoto- 304                           (S57) Rob Wright- 236 TPE                             (S57) Noah Johns III- 187 TPE
 (S57) Jarmo Kekäläinen- 219 TPE               (S54) Gavin Wallace- 234 TPE

LEFT DEFENSE                                                                        RIGHT DEFENSE
                              (S56) Sachimo Zoidberg III- 419 TPE                                         (S55) Leonids Balzams- 529 TPE
                              (S56) Tanjiro Kamado- 401 TPE                                                 (S56) Bane- 385 TPE
                              (S56) Grandmaster Funk- 387 TPE                                             (S56) Vili Afalava- 341 TPE
                                                                                                                                    (S57) Rude Sniff- 241 TPE
                                                                                            GOALIES
                                                                                    (S56) Phillip Weaver- 397 TPE
                                                                                    (S56) C.K. Supernaw- 333 TPE
                                                                                    (S54) Carter Hart- 155 TPE
Going forward this team will undoubtedly have the best defensive core in the league and also backstopped by not only one 425 capped goalie but two.  How can I leave out the offense, they too will be a force to be reckoned with and all of this roster will be intact for a few more seasons.  Good Luck to the rest of the SMJHL!
Code:
2914 characters / 650 words

APPROVED +5 TPE @Demolish

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Great post. Nice to get some recognition. Our window is wide open for S57 and S58 if it isn't already.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 07:25 PM by Demolish.)

Thanks...so do I get a +1 TPE Towel

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]