Create Account

Young Renegades Improving, But Not Quite There Yet

Quote:456 words, ready for grading

The young Texas Renegades seem to be on the cusp of greatness, but the last few games proved that they are not quite there yet.  While they have a few impressive wins this season over the likes of New Orleans, Chicago, and Manhattan, they are not quite ready for the firepower that was on display by the Minnesota Monarchs and San Francisco Pride.

Their road trip got off to a promising start in San Francisco where they amassed no goals, but an impressive 63 shots on goal.  All were denied by Cillian Kavanagh.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take,” veteran forward Josef Kubinec said after the game.  “But sometimes you miss 100% of the shots you do take, too.  So yea, all in all we did well.”

The Pride managed to only get 12 shots on goal, but there was a goalie in net for only 11 of those.  Of those 11, veteran goaltender Patrick Niederreiter managed to save 10, which was good enough for a .909 save percentage.  “That’s an A in college,” remarked Slatt Potts.

“Honestly, it was nice to test ourselves against one of the stronger teams in the league,” said team captain Andreas Kvalheim, who was responsible for 14 of the Renegades’ 63 shots.  “It was a tough matchup but we learned a lot.  I think the game will be a lot closer next time.”

San Francisco’s stalwart defense and goaltending have only allowed 113 goals through 23 games, which is good enough for 18th best in the league.  But they are closing in on the dominant Barracuda and could soon move up to 17th if they continue to perform at this level.

Texas then got to test themselves against a slightly weaker opponent in Minnesota but still came up short.  White Goodman replaced Niederreiter in goal as the Renegades have yet to name a starting goaltender nearing the midway point of the season.  “I just tried to emulate what Patrick did in San Francisco,” said Goodman after the game.  “He’s like Neo from the Matrix.  Hopefully I can be at that level some day.”  Goodman allowed six goals against Minnesota so he is well on his way to being at the level of Niederreiter.

“Goodman definitely did enough to earn the starting job tonight,” said the coach after the game.

Center Ivan Maximus managed to score a goal in the game though and it was a huge moral victory for the Renegades.  He was actually carried off the ice after the game.  “I just kept shooting like coach told me to.  One of them has to go in eventually.”

There will be a parade in Dallas for the Renegades once they return home from this successful road trip.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Love it