Create Account

S56 PT #5 - Halloween Party

Happy Halloween (week) everyone!

Written task: Describe your team's Halloween party this year! Who dressed up as what? Who had the best costume? What shenanigans occurred at the party? (150+ words)

Graphic task: same thing but in graphic form ya sillys Smile

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, November 1st at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 09:02 PM by Faelax.)

We took a nice little break from our preparations for the playoff series versus the Los Angeles Panthers to have a Halloween party in Buffalo! There were certainly some interesting costumes to be seen. Luffy showed up in full cosplay of some anime character, I had no idea who he was supposed to be but it was very well done. Hair was dressed as a lime for some reason, no one could quite figure out why and no one bothered to ask either. Wang said he was running for office and just kept shouting "Wang 2020!" at any chance he got. We all just assumed that he had pre-gamed the party.  Speaking of drinking, all of us here in Buffalo are quite good at it, everyone had more than their fill of booze. We all got out onto the ice while being just completely drunk, and tried to have a race in our costumes. Overall, it was a great time, and I hope we are able to get together for more parties like this!

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Sad

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 02:13 AM by Dextaria.)

What a crazy night at the Vancouver Whalers Halloween party. It might've been because of all the booze rookie goaltender Jon St. Ark brought, but Sato could barely remember a thing. The night started out like any other night. Everyone was coming to the party with their outfits. Name Redacted was in a hand sanitizer costume... or maybe it was a hazmat suit, Sato's memory was very foggy. Then there was Luffy Richard who had "Boats Bad" as the theme of his costume before quickly running off yelling "I got a shit." Sato turned up in a Borat costume to which he was embarrassed to see a couple of his fellow teammates wearing the same costume too! Flustered, Ryosuke thankfully brought a backup costume because Luffy told him something about dressing up as a Canadian historical figure in Canada. Now rocking a Stan Rogers costume, singing "Northwest Passage" loud and proud, Sato and the boys began to drink away.

Being 5'7", 150lbs, Ryosuke was a lightweight... like a SUPER lightweight. Regardless though he went hard on the liquor and this is where his memory got a little spotty. Just faint memories of what happened that night include his teammates changing costumes a couple times, their GM showing up in an elf costume (?), and singing "Northwest Passage" loud and proud all night on the karaoke machine (thankfully the team made their Halloween visit to the BC Children's Hospital BEFORE he got hammered). It didn't take long before Sato was just about ready to pass out, but before he did, he managed to call in to the Toronto North Stars Halloween party. From what his teammates told him the following day, Ryosuke just spoke a bunch a gibberish and wished them all a "Happy Halloween" before dropping the phone on the ground.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 07:51 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Michael Fitted hosted this years Halloween party and this year was wild. Fitted dressed up like Mario Lemieux, the stacked mullet version. Jakob Hamr showed up in a tank with his shirt off ready to party, he was carrying two handles of a nameless vodka. Ambacas Cuddles showed up as a teddy bear with a shirt on that said "free hugs". Fiddler showed up dressed up as a lumberjack because he was told it would be a hit with the ladies and he wasn't disappointed. Wibbly McButternuts showed up as his favorite mexican folk hero Èl Mantaquilla. Igor Victory stopped by as the bear from super troopers. Zoltan Topalo showed up in his usual attire of bubble wrap over black boxers and undershirt. but those who aren't around him all of the time thought that his "costume" was great. Dwight showed up as the red teletubbie. Panda Panico showed up as you guessed it, a polar bear. Everyone shared festivities and the best visualization I can give you is it looked like the Halloween party from Mean Girls.

The Hamilton Steelhawks halloween party was quite the hoot this year! I, Rotticus Scott, dressed up as notorious inventor and innovator of the Slapshot, Boom Boom Geoffrion. The party was held in our home arena, out on the ice, and everyone brought their families out to party. It was quite the event, and we even had a best costume event! @Gooney Jason Desreauleaux won best dressed, when he showed up in his Jason Derulo outfit! He even put on a little show for the crowd, doing some nice singing and dropping some sick dance moves. The whole team had some skill challenges, where Theo Morgan ended up jumping in front of everyone's shots towards the net and tapping them in himself. What a crazy guy! The partying couldn't go too hard, as the Steelhawks still have to get ready for their playoff series coming up soon. A Halloween no one could forget, what a great time!

[Image: rotti.gif]

So the anchorage Armada celebrating one last Halloween before we all s54 class get called up. So we all decided to go as the hottest costume of 2020. The entire team is going as Pitbull. Yes that is right, dale. Mr world wide himself will be at the big simulation major junior hockey league Halloween bash. The entire team will be taking over the request booth and forcing the disc jockey to only be playing the biggest Pitbull hits. If the disc jockey tries to deny us Bork Lazer will take him out back and beat his ass. So obviously there is going to be a tie for best costume. The winners will be the entire anchorage Armada as they are all the best costume as Pitbull. I would like to say it will be the most lit Halloween ever when this happens. None of the other teams will have a better costume ideas for sure.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Down in Texas, the Renegades had a simply smashing Halloween party. The food was catered in by a local BBQ joint called Parker Johns, one of the classiest establishments in the state. Noah could be found at the buffet line most of the night while he was filling up on sandwich after sandwich. While everyone in attendance wore a mask to take proper COVID precautions, some donned an additional mask to go along with their costume. Perhaps one of the best yet most expected and unsurprising costume of the night was when Ivan Maximus, AKA the thief of cheese, arrived at the party while wearing a hamburglar-esque costume but wearing a tie with wheels of cheese on it as opposed to the typical hamburgers. He also was walking around with a sampler platter of various different cheese, one might have almost mistaken him for one of the servers at the party with the way he was dishing out cheese to all the party-goers.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 10:37 PM by 5ympathies.)

This Halloween was a bit of a weird one. I didn't get to see any of the boys in person but none the less we still managed to make an event out of it and have a good time. For my costume this year, I dressed up Kumar, from the hit movie Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. My friend Ferda, although not being a Steelhawk (he is still a major locker room presence though) dressed up as Harold, also from the hit movie Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. Although we did not escape from Guantanamo Bay, we attempted to escape from the steelhawks locker room, as they are known to persecute minorities and I no longer wanted to be a part of it. Known racist, Nour Harrak, at one point in the night started to impersonate an Indian man, and pretended he was (as the kids say) a Surrey Jack. JSS then asked me if I was a surrey jack. The answer is and always will be a fat "NO".

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:
Written task: Describe your team's Halloween party this year! Who dressed up as what? Who had the best costume? What shenanigans occurred at the party? (150+ words)

For the Edmonton  Blizzard 2020 halloween party things have gone virtual with the COVID 19 pandemic. However, the team got together for a Discord video call to share drinks and play some games together. People were encouraged to dress up with a mask themed costume and there were people who dawned batman, iron man, captain america, spiderman and black panther masks. I decided to fulfill my fantasy of being a K-pop star by trying to dazzle myself up as a K-pop idol by styling my hair and applying makeup to look flawless. My makeover took over a few hours and I do not envy the k-pop stars who need to go through this every time they perform. 

We decided to play "Among Us" for the halloween party and it was interesting to see how people would lie and deceive each one another. I was fortunate enough to have played Among Us before while some other teammates had no clue what they were doing. But it was a blast to chill with the  Blizzard teammates while trying to lie and murder each other.

Hopefully in 2021 the Edmonton  Blizzard can get together at someone's house and celebrate together when the global pandemic is over, but for now we will need to do things virtually until it is safe to gather in person again.

(222 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 02:01 AM by DELIRIVM.)

The Vancouver Whalers decided to have a socially distanced Halloween Party this season. As the team has gotten through the season without a Covid-19 infection thus far, they are preparing to head into the bubble for the SMJHL Playoffs. So deciding to have a party with just the players and their significant other proved to be a large success. Name Redacted showed up as a giant bottle of hand sanitizer and kept asking players if they wanted "a squirt". Luffy Richard must have had something bad to eat earlier in the day because not long after arriving he ran off yelling, "I got a shit". Sarah Burke, Zebulon Leavitt, Johnny Shuffleboard, and Ryosuke Sato all showed up to the party wearing the exact same Borat costume. St. Ark didn't wear a costume but showed up just for the free booze. But most disrespectful of all young Valtterri Kauppinen showed up wearing a t-shirt that said, "Daniil Nikiforov" on it and wore extremely thick glasses. He found it hilarious to walk around the party and saying, in his best Russian accent, "have anyone seen the goal?"

Overall it was a wonderful night.

[194 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Quebec City Citadelles' halloween party was organised right after the regular season ended on Saturday. Playoffs begin on Tuesday so the team management decided to let players breath a little bit and spend some spare time before heading to playoff bubble. Team management had also bought some costumes beforehand and they shared them based on regular season stats. Best scorer Stan Q. Next (38 points in 50 games) got a golden costume and he wear it with a huge proud during a whole night. Second best scorer Zdenko Beranek (37 points in 50 games) got a silver costume and he wear it too with a happy smile on his face during whole night. Management wanted to have a party which reminded also a little bit award ceremony and with special costumes they gave some respect to the players who were successful and important for the team during regular season. There was also a third special costume which was a bronze one. Third best scorer and best goalscorer Ryan Rieley (20 goals in 50 games) got that one. He also got a brown cigarette to match his outfit thanks to his goals in regular season.

Words: 197

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 04:55 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Because of COVID-19, the the Cal Labovitch seasonal halloween party was scaled down a bit, compared to previous editions. Where last season Cal had invited all of his old Falcon buddies as well as his Monarch (then still the Chiefs) mates to his house in Minnesota for a huge party, he was now limited to the people in his own bubble. Lucky for him, his bubble includes the full sorority of Kappa Kappa Gamma (long story, maybe some other time). Instead of hosting a party of his own like previous seasons, Cal Labovitch called his current Monarch, as well as former Falcon, buddy @JMacNCheese to invite him to an all nighter at the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority house. For shits and gibbles, Cal and Jmac decided to dress up as eachother. Jmac attended the party dressed in hiking boots, wearing a cup over his shorts and Cal's old Falcons jersey, while holding a block of emmentaler cheese, offering every girl a bite of it. Cal got to the house on rollerblades, dressed as a huge box of kraft dinner.

The two dubbed it 'the cheesiest halloween ever', got blackout drunk and sneaked out the door the morning after when the girls were all in line to get a shower and fix their makeup.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Being based in the great state of Texas, and having a vaguely rodeo themed team brand it was only natural that the Texas Renegades had a cowboy based halloween party. Everyone on the team had to dress up in a cowboy outfit which lead to some fun costumes on the team. As the team has a first round bye in the playoffs they were able to really cut loose and go all out on having a fun time which was appreciated by all, and it made for some pretty memorable times. Known party animal SLATT Potts lead the charge and took the team into a debauched night that quickly got out of hand, and before long, things happened that no one could have expected. Everyone at the party was forced to take a vow of silence about everything that happened that night due to just how debauched it became, but it's understood that the team member who had volunteered to host it was left with a pretty incredible bill of damages to repair everything afterward. Definitely a Halloween party to remember but one that probably won't be repeated again.

Code:
189 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 06:24 PM by _Blitz_.)

Some teams have their ballroom parties, others are keggers in swanky apartments. The Toronto North Stars Halloween Costume Party was a covered dish barbecue for the team and prospects as well as family or close friends. All in all, it was a laidback, small get together at GM Mikhail Lokitonov's house in the Toronto suburbs.

Danny and line mate Rhys Pritchard coordinated outfits for the occasion. As a joking nod to his first career fight, Danny dressed as Wayne from "Letterkenny", and Rhys dressed as Darry. Zapo dressed up as the Swedish Chef. Axel Meszaros got a few chuckles with his traffic cone costume. Our Luffy (the best Luffy) came in wearing a fancy turtle costume. Scoochie "Mr. Worldwide" Stratton came dressed as Pitbull, and spent the night yelling Pitbull before he said anything in a conversation. 

It might seem odd that the Star Gang chose to do a covered dish barbecue, but there's method in the madness. With Pritchard, Stratton, and Zaporozhets posting pictures of their creations in the group chat, we're constantly talking about food in our locker room. Forget catering, the team decided that Halloween was a chance to see whose barbecue was the best. There were more smokers and grills laid out on the back patio than tables for guests to eat at. And that's not counting the other dishes on the table; the chocolate cake that Last-Name brought, or Carpy's spaghetti bolognese, or Danny's queso. 

The team spent the evening telling stories, playing games (who'd have thought that air hockey and charades could be so competitive?), and eating. It was a great time for all.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!