Create Account

S56 PT #5 - Halloween Party

At the Toronto Halloween party there were at least 3 of us dressed up as various emperors throughout history. This is of course a poke of fun at ML who insists that he is the God Emperor of the team. So we had Carpy dressed up as Julius Caesar, Squally was dressed as Emperor Augustus, and Ursin was dressed up as Marcus Aurelius. It was pretty funny to see the emperor theme going all out at the party. Mika dressed up as a very old man. Honkers came as a giant goose which was very fitting. The party was a pretty big rager and the team was in high spirits coming off a pretty decent season for Toronto. At one point Dex decided he wanted to try stuffing as many tootsie rolls into his mouth as he could fit. Surprisingly he fit about 78 in there before spitting it all out. There was a pretty funny moment where Rich broke a tooth trying to eat a jawbreaker. The chirps were flowing about him never getting injured on the ice, but loses a tooth eating Halloween candy. All in all it was a good time and a good bonding experience for the team after a pretty decent season.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

The Calgary Dragons usually host a Halloween party at the big parm for all the local kids. They always have a blast where Parmborg dresses up like some Star Trekish version of a parm sammich and Kata Vilde breaks out his dad's old Macho Man outfit and drops alot of oh yeaaaahhhhhssss. Due to covid this year unfortunately the party had to be cancelled. The Dragons decided to get together to pool some money and make candy bags for the kids that they could pick up safely outside the stadium. Joseph Weston was in charge of buying all the candy and he came back with an entire back of a pickup full of candy and treats. Then came the fun part, he had to browbeat everyone into bagging all that shit up. There was quite alot of grumbling but since it was for the kids the team all pitched in. The funniest part was when rookie goalie Cale Admunsen challenged the Parmborg to a candy eating contest to see who could eat the most bags in 10 minutes. There was some strategy involved as of course Parmborg went for all the chocolate but Admundsen decided to go for the licorice and fruit based candies. Parmborg was off like a madman, face covered in chocolate but after about 3 bags the chocolate definitely had a green tinge to the face underneath it. Admundsen was stready mowing down the licorice and was only about a half bag behind with a couple minutes to go. Next thing we knew Parmborg made a run for the garbage can and started heaving his guts out. Young Admunsen kept his steady pace up and was able to best the Borg by about 1/4 of a bag. The kids all loved their treats and a good time was had by the team giving Parmborg grief about being beaten by a rook.

@ACapitalChicago @Steelhead77 @Wally

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

The halloween party in Edmonton was its normal rager. Lots of booze and no political costumes. Julio dressed as the grumpy old neighbor that hoses kids down when they walk on his lawn/egg his house. (unofficial) captain Jean Pierre Boivin hosted the party, so Julio plugged his hose into the front door hose bib and then dragged it inside in order to host his own wet t-shirt contest and spray people who double-dipped or didn't use coasters.

Tanner dressed as Blake Lively, Tony Pepperoni dressed as Penis DeMilo (if you've seen the sketch, you know), and Jon Forty-One dressed up as John Wick. Everyone else dressed as Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn [I wrote this a few days ago, but didnt hit submit yet, but I hear that "Hubie Halloween" on Netflix makes the same joke].

A few of the team legends (Rockefeller, Cuddles, Tuck, Tuck, Knouse, McIntyre) stopped by the super spreader event for a little, as well. They were dressed like gigolos [first time i've ever written that word] with different ways to get TPE decorating their outfits.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

The Rage are taking it pretty chill this year. For Halloween they decided to get all together and dress up like Luke Thomason. Luke who has been a driving part of the team can be a little full of himself sometimes even when he is trying to go out there to assist Ola. So the team analyzed what he normally wears and everyone became some version of Luke. I think the best costume actually ended up going to Ola who dressed up as a hockey puck going into a net. I think he was a little salty and we could all tell, but still awarded him that best costume of the year. Otherwise there was a lot of make Luke drink this and eat that. And then we lost Luke. It was not a pretty night. So we spent a lot of the early morning hours looking for him only to find him sleeping on our bench. We were all so impressed by his dedication to the game that we almost did not take embarrassing photos of him.... almost.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

This year’s Anchorage Armada Halloween party was held at Captain Ahab’s fine fish and seafood restaurant at the Anchorage marina. As customary, the whole team was there dressed in different marine-themed costumes, recognizable to a varying degree, some posing as dead dread pirates, some as one-legged fishboat captains, some as ghastly creatures of the sea and some as those that fly above it. Team captain Bork Lazer decided to truly fuel everyone’s nightmares by dressing up as a mermaid no less, all 6 feet 3 inches and 286 pounds of him in a grotesque combination of clams, fishnets, a fishtail and red wig that put together would make Sir Terry Gilliam proud! And then there was also whatever in Poseidon’s name TURG TURG finally showed up as. Himself hardly even visible from under all the clutter that he had assembled into a costume of sorts, it turned out that he had taken up his linemate Lemo Pihl’s old joke about what his name meant in Lemo’s native estonian language and decided to pose as a one-man market... or maybe even two markets, considering the amount of marine goods that he was lugging along trying to peddle.

Code:
205 words.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Magnus was a bit confused about Halloween, given that it is not a holiday celebrated in Sweden. Having spent a few years in the SMJHL, he at least understood the basics of the concept of dressing up celebrate. Being that he's not exactly the most creative costumer in the world, he decided that he would come dressed as a hockey player - he already had all the gear after all, so why not use what he had and save buying or making another costume? Sheer genius! The rest of the team seemed to show a bit more creativity, as Prince Devitt showed up as a wrestler, and oiled up himself to make his muscles look shiny and big, and Muerto showed up as the Night King, which was a great costume and must have taken a lot of time to put on all the make up required. Nick Brain and Slip McScruff showing up as the Hanson Brothers was pretty good as well, though the brogue mixed with a faux Canadian accent made them even more impossible to understand than usual.

As long as there was candy, Magnus was happy!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

This year’s halloween party was very wild and very spooky. It was held at Kaarlo’s house, and his place was insanely decorated. He went all out and there was some pretty realistic severed body parts and blood scattered all through the rooms. Kaarlo himself was dressed as a football player, so he didn’t look too scary, but his place was NUTS. I came dressed as a mummy, and I know it’s a very basic costume, but I’d never dressed as one before so I just went with it. Lots of the guys showed up... I remember seeing Andreas, Ivan, Slatt, Noah, Eric, Burlok, Adam, Mikkel, and Joseph. Everyone’s costume was pretty good, but Burlok came dressed as someone’s mom which caused a little scuffle. Besides that, the party was super chill. I’m not much of a Halloween person (more of a Christmas guy) but it was a blast. 

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

So the Los Angeles Panther's Halloween this party was a tough choice for theme but in the end we finally came up with one we all agreed on that fit us. We decided a hollywood celebrity theme would be fitting since we are in Los Angeles and that each of us could choose a different Hollywood themed outfit for some fun. I being a big wrestling fan had to no doubt go as Hollywood Hulk Hogan from his NWO days, even hitting that NWO music on my way into the party flexing my pythons. Jimmy Slothface went as the maniacal Steve Buscemi because who else would have eyes so crazy that they could be believed as a sloth. Our top line forward and one of our star's Michael Fox decided to go as a stormtrooper from Star Wars. Not exactly a hollywood celeb but we let it slide since it fit so well. You know with them both shooting every chance they get and not hitting a single thing.

169 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Unfortunately due to social distancing orders the Chicago Syndicate were unable to celebrate Halloween with their typical large scale party at the United Center. Instead they hosted an online costume and murder mystery party night on Zoom. Every member of the team was given an assigned role and costume for the event. The night began eventfully with everyone admiring each other’s costumes well except Parker Smeb who didn’t end up dressing up in his assigned role and instead dressed up as some Esports pro named “Shoemaker”. Everyone except the rest of the Smebs were very confused by this. Shortly into the night the murder took place and the rookie Ryuuji Minamino was the murder victim! He would have to play the rest of the night as the ghost. The rest of the team frantically tried to figure out who the murderer was. At the end of the night everyone cast their votes for who they thought the murderer was. It ended up being Akira Ren who was dressed up as a surgeon but was actually a thief!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

ISFL Welfare (Username: Thor)

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

The Minnesota Monarchs got together for the Halloween season and for his first team party, Jack Klompus knew that he had to go big to make sure he impressed all of his teammates.

Klompus showed up to the party a little late because he wanted to make a big entrance and get the praise of the full team for how fantastic his costume is. It was about an hour into the party when Klompus finally made his appearance, struggling to even get through the front door because he was in a huge piece of bread costume.

The party was taking place at Gallagher's place and immediately everyone stopped to see what Klompus was dressed up as. The awkward silence kind of faded as people went back to what they were doing leaving the poor Minnesota rookie without the attention that he thought he was deserving. When later asked why he chose to dress up as bread Klompus said "it just felt right."

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

This year I was invited to the Atlanta Inferno Halloween party. It was the first one ever, and I‘m a rookie not even playing on the team, so I was a bit nervous. But I had the perfect costume, and if you have that, there is no reason to be nervous.
Full of self-confidence I came to the party, I was perfectly on time. I know, on time at a party is a bit risky, but I didn‘t want to miss out on anything. Well, I was the second one to arrive at the party, only one other guy was there already. And he had the same costume as me. Hmmm.
Ok, this kind of stuff happens, and we started talking and making fun of it. After a while, the next ones arrived, but the situation stayed the same. All of us were wearing the same costume, all of us were looking the same. It was a party full of Micool132 (Nathan Explosion btw) and all you could hear throughout the party was "Hey, I‘m Nathan Explosion btw".

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

This year, our team got together dressed up as various creatures and monsters. Jax Aittokalio’s zombie costume really took the cake, he about gave everyone a heart attack when he showed up. He really outdid himself with the makeup and the fake blood, he looked like something off the Walking Dead. I showed up in a simple Grim Reaper costume, just the hood and the scythe. And the one outlier from the monster theme was probably Peter Larson showing up in a pirate costume. Pretty much everyone was there and costumed though, and we all decided to watch a scary movie and drink. The cops got called on us for a noise complaint after all of the screaming coming from the apartment this was hosted in. Nobody got arrested but we really should keep the noise down next year, there’s grumpy neighbors everywhere. It was pretty funny to see Luke Thomason crawling on the floor and spilling his guts by the end of the night though; I guess he’s a lightweight!

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

I mean, did we forget there's still a pandemic going on? Come on now, going out to a party is not my normal style as is, at least not on Halloween when everyone is wearing a mask and you can't tell who the drunk guy being a jackass is. Halloween is for the kids, and so I didn't go to any parties this year. I took the kids out trick or treating, and we had our own party at home sitting on the floor with the candy on the coffee table and watching Hocus Pocus.

Truly, that's the best party I could think of, hanging out and enjoying time with the family. It did get the kids all hopped up on that sugar, which is horrible usually, but this is the one day a year for that. So in spite of the wife saying only to have one piece tonight, I let them have two. Okay okay, twist my arm, three. It was difficult getting them to bed, but it was a laugh for us.

I don't think there's any better way to spend a holiday.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE