Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 Vancouver overlook
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 04:24 PM by leafs1997.)

Alright it’s time for my second Deep Dive. I want the TPE and I’m running out of time. So this time we’re gonna focus on Vancouver and my, self appointed, rival Jon St Ark. Now of course St Ark has played many more games than I have. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t say that we’re equal. Even if we’re not. 

Jon St Ark had an amazing season for a rookie back up. Playing in twenty four games and winning nineteen of them. He’s definitely a player that people are going to be watching for the next few seasons. Having played only three games less than Name Redacted. It’s safe to say that St Ark is more of a goalie 1B instead of a back up. 

With a steller 1.62 Goals against average. St Ark led the league in GGA by a solid .63. The second closest was of course Name Redacted as the pairing as a great season. Three shutouts and a .930 SV% isn’t anything to ignore either. Besides just being a great player, Ark is a great person. He’s super friendly and is helpful. Knowing him from another league makes it more fun to joke around and consider him my rival. 

As long as this goalie paring is together, I am sure that Vancouver will be in good hands in net. But no goalie pare is complete without a solid defense in front of them. And Vancouver has a solid defensive group. With Slimey Snail and Zebulon Leavitt not being afraid to play the body. Both with over one hundred hits. These defensemen aren’t shy about getting in front of the puck either. With three players having over 50 blocked shots of the season. Every goalie loves to see it. But not only are these players throwing around the body. They’re also helping when it comes to scoring. With Leavitt and O’Donoghue having a +/- rating of thirty or more. They seem to gel well with their offense to further aid their goalies. 

Next we’re gonna head into the offense. The team leader in goals, assists and points, Daniil Nikiforov is a very talented player. With twenty three goals, tying him for second play with Zuntnere of the Battleborn. And thirty one assists, which gives him possession of third place. All of which adds up to his solid fifty four point season. Which leads the league.   One would argue that he might rival a player like Ovechkin or Stamkos. If those players existed in another league or something. Who knows the NHL is obviously fake. Not to say that the rest of the players don’t have their place. Both Rotticus Scott and Bryce McMahon have twenty five assists and have obviously helped with Vancouver's goal scoring performances. Nikiforov isn’t the only performer however. Jason Desrouleaux has only three less goals then Nikiforov with twenty on the year. So they are not solely reliant on one person. However, I can see Vancouver looking for one of the players in the middle of the pack to take that next step up. Players like Basher, Scott, Richard and Kauppinen, are all sitting pretty with thirteen to fifteen goals a piece. If I had to put my money down on one of them stepping up. It would either be Basher or Scott as the two have over twenty assists a piece. 

However Vancouver is a solid team and I could see them not only winning this season. But pushing for a repeat with ease next season.

Code:
586 Words

Approved, +5 TPE @Hordle

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles