Create Account

S57 mPT #3 - All Star* Team
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 01:23 AM by hotdog.)

Crossing the halfway mark of the season this week, I think it's time to reflect on who's excelling this season - the typical way to do that is to have midseason all star teams! Hence:
Option A: Present your S57 all-star teams for the SHL (conferences or divisions) or SMJHL (conferences or divisions)
A: You must list at least 2 teams of 6 players, or 1 team with an explanation of why they deserve the spots.
But m'PT should be an avenue for creativity so I also present:
Option B: Present your S57 All-*something* Team
*The something can be anything you want - a team of the best animal themed players in the league, a team of the best names in the league, a team of the hottest (sexy) players in the league, a team of the oldest geezers in the league, etc.*
B: You must list 6 players and explain the theme of your team.
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements; several users who go above and beyond will be selected as participation+ members and receive an additional 1 TPE.
This PT will close Sunday, December 20th at 11:59pm ET.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2020, 12:52 AM by hockeyiscool.)

All Strong screening team, in this team we'll be all up in the goalies grill. Players on this team include

Starting at Center we have the man the myth the legend of chicago syndicate , it's Martijn Westbroek. 
At left wing we would have one on the coming up from Manhatten Rage , it's Phineas Gold
Starting at Right wing another star of the Atlantic Division Inferno , it's Elijah Jones
Starting at Left defense we have our youngest player on the team, It's from San Francisco pride  ...It's Fleetway Supersonic.
Starting at Right defensemen we have another player show up from Manhatten Rage , It's Reginald MacIntyre.

In goal, we'll the golden king in defending. It's "Fort" Knox Booth Panthers .

The Junior All-Strong Screening team is one that is headed by the "Long" Jon Donair. This Outlaws Anaheim forward was a runner up for SMJHL league MVP last season. 

Centering the All-Strong Screening team- From Nevada Battleborn Battleborn , It's Rob Wright. 

Playing Right Wing for the All-Strong Screening team is St. Louis Scarecrows Legend, it's Pavel Kharlamov.

Playing LD is Vancouver Whalers Young gun, it's Zayne Rotzbua

Anchoring the defense it's Citadelles Quebec City Citadels', It's Boris Petrov.  

There is no goalie, they only play in the offensive zone.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 06:30 PM by sve7en.)

I present, the All Jimmy All Time Team, capable of out-Jimmying any other team with 7 total Jimmys, 2 Jimmy Wagners, and players from 3 different decades of the SHL:

F - Jimmy Slothface - 2134 TPE (peak)
F - Jimmy Wagner - 1200 TPE
F - @Jimmysmo27 (Kyle Murray) - 249 TPE
D - Jimmy Cahill - 456 TPE (retired)
D - Jimmy Jimmy - 302 TPE
G - Jimmy Wagner - 413 TPE (the other one)

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 01:12 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
Option A: Present your S57 all-star teams for the SHL (conferences or divisions) or SMJHL (conferences or divisions)

For the first half of the S57 season there has been a surprising amount of new stars showcasing their talents! If I were to present a S57 all-star team this would be my starting lineup:

F - Julio Tokolosh  Blizzard
F - Jon Forty-One  Blizzard
F - James Truong  Blizzard
D - Augustus Wang  Stampede
D - FR Finn-Rhys  Blizzard
G - A Jobin  Steelhawks

Edmonton  Blizzard players have exploded in offensive production this season especially with their top line of J's (Julio, Jon and James), Augustus Wang has been tearing it up for Buffalo, FR Finn-Rhys has emerged as a top defencemen in the league and A Jobin has racked up the most wins of any goalie in the league.

(115 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2020, 12:48 AM by Dextaria.)

My All-Star team (regardless of conferences or divisions) for the SHL would be:

F - Michael Scarn Steelhawks
F - Esa Parmborg Dragons
F - Jon Forty-One Blizzard
D - Augustus Wang Stampede
D - Cassius Darrow Argonauts
G - Knox Booth Panthers

Michael Scarn
I think it is a no brainer to take the current leading point man in the SHL. Michael Scarn can do it all from score goals, pass and hit. He leads the league in goals and is 3 assists back of first for assists. Scarn I believe is also in the top 30 for hits for forwards with 90. The only thing I can say is that he could have more shots blocked, but you aren't blocking shots if you're always in the offensive zone!

Esa Parmborg
With an elite goalscorer in Michael Scarn, we need an elite passer to go alongside of him. This is why I have none other than Esa Parmborg who currently leads the league in assists with 45. This is not even mentioning that he is also 3rd in points, as well as 60 shots blocked for a forward. Parmborg is willing to put his body on the line for his team and that's the type of player that deserves to be an All-Star.

Jon Forty-One
What is better than one elite passer? That is two elite passers. Jon Forty-One really has come up big this season for the Blizzard putting up 43 assists, enough for 2nd in assists just behind Parmborg. What Forty-One brings to the table that the rest of the forward squad does not is his takeaway ability. He has a takeaway to giveaway ratio of 3-1 which is All-Star caliber to me! No one else in the league has this many takeaways with this kind of takeaway to giveaway ratio.

Augustus Wang
On the defensive side of things, there's always that All-Star offensive defenseman who helps his team in the offensive zone without being a defensive liability. This season I think that offensive defenseman is none other than Augustus Wang of the Buffalo Stampede. Wang leads all defenseman in points being a point-per-game. However, this is not to say that he can't play defense because he still has 45 hits, 23 takeaways to 26 giveaways, and 66 shots blocked. These aren't amazing defensive numbers, but for that offensive capability, I think it's good.

Cassius Darrow
With an offensive defenseman in Augustus Wang, Cassius Darrow rounds out the defensive core being more of a two-way defenseman that can do it all on both ends of the ice. Darrow leads the league in shots blocked with 203 and takeaways with 46. He isn't afraid to be a bit physical with 96 hits and he also is able to hold his own in the offensive zone with 21 points. I'd say that Darrow is my ideal type of defenseman which is why he makes the All-Star team.

Knox Booth
Knox Booth is back at it again with a 0.930 save percentage even after facing an incredible 1348 shots. I would say Booth is carrying his team with his 2.62 goals against average and is a no brainer pick for the goalie of the All-Star team. The closest second goalies would be Elizabeth Doyle of the Buffalo Stampede or Luca Del Vecchio of the Baltimore Platoon.

Bonus "I Like to Take Pucks to the Face" Team

F - Henrik Lekberg Osterman pride (128 SB)
F - Karl Krashwagen Platoon (106 SB)
F - Matthew Forrester Barracuda (98 SB)
D - Cassius Darrow Argonauts (203 SB)
D - Satoshi Zizagooney Argonauts (199 SB)
G - Luca Del Vecchio Platoon (1798 SHA)

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 06:50 PM by Faelax.)

My all-star team picks for S57:

F- Michael Scarn  Steelhawks

F- Julio Tokolosh  Blizzard

F- Jon Forty-One  Blizzard

D- Augustus Wang  Stampede

D- Rex Kirkby  Inferno

G- Knox Booth  Panthers

This team is stacked with talent on both ends of the ice and would be really tough to play against.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

i would make the "all barracuda team" in which the players would be tom fiddler michael fitted james ronlain jakub hamr and ambacas cuddles

this team would beat any team ever

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 01:30 AM by goldenglutes.)

who puts a ph for a 25 word post

all otter team:
william hartmann - eko van otter - gabe johnson (pretty much a forward anyway)
simon leblanc - guy zheng
samat beibitzhanov

i think this team would have great synergy since every one here is really on the same wavelength with all of our otter pics

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

12-14-2020, 01:17 AMtrella Wrote: i would make the "all barracuda team" in which the players would be tom fiddler michael fitted james ronlain jakub hamr and ambacas cuddles

+1 for creativity on this one!  Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 01:32 AM by 5ympathies.)

12-14-2020, 01:18 AMgoldenglutes Wrote: who puts a ph for a 25 word post

nice

I'm presenting the All Traded from New England in a single off-season Team. This consists of me (Dick Clapper), Guy Zheng, Rex Kirby, Ola Wagstrom, Boris "The Beast" Proshenko and Benjamin Blue. All 6 of us were traded from New England in the span of 2 weeks.

3F
2D
1G

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

S57 All-Spredapart Team

:NEW: RW - (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn
:CHI: RW - Ryuuji Minamino
:BUF RW - Steve Harrington
:ATL: RW - Patric Twist
:MAN: D - Jukka Timonen
:MIN: D - Jack Klompus

Is about a team that hav win it all like a reel family and then SHL split them apart is sad

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

12-14-2020, 01:22 AMhotdog Wrote:
12-14-2020, 01:17 AMtrella Wrote: i would make the "all barracuda team" in which the players would be tom fiddler michael fitted james ronlain jakub hamr and ambacas cuddles

thank you hot dog!

12-14-2020, 01:22 AMhotdog Wrote:

by the way just wanted to say i am a HUGE infernos fan!!! Inferno Inferno Inferno

S57 SMJHL Eastern Conference All Stars
LW - Scarecrows Adrian Ayers
C - Citadelles Zdenko Beranek
RW - Timber Jesse Seppanen
LD -  Falcons Evangelos Giannopoulos
RD -  Berserkers Matty Sandeen
G -  Kraken Blunt Man

S57 SMJHL Western Conference All Stars
LW - Raptors Jarmo Kekalainen
C -  Battleborn Rock Strongo
RW -  Whalers KnockedOut byOvechkin
LD -  Armada Michael Withecheck
RD -  Knights Chris Goodname
G -  Outlaws Vincent Mietitore

Not only are these my proposed all star teams, but they are also the league-wide representation teams where one player from every team must be selected.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 11:05 AM by _Blitz_.)

The All Stars Team!

LW: Ruslan Zaporozhets
C: Mika Kandinsky
RW: Taylor Johansson
LD: Ursin Zimmerman
RD: Axel Meszaros
G: Harry Carpet

Hopefully there will be a few official All-Star teams that look more like All Stars teams in seasons to come.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!