Create Account

S57 SMJHL Championship Week

Task #2 (2TPE)

For the item The Newfoundland berserkers will be giving out this year after a Disappointing last regular season but a decent post season against Maine we will be giving out towels for everyone who comes to our first game against them to show how the fans still had our back against one of the top teams where we were the under dogs in. The towel will be red with a black border around it with our mascot holding a wooden handled axe over his shoulder coming down on a tree that is about to fall over with big captions in the corners reading "Chop Chop".

Task #4  (3TPE)

As a professional hockey player who grew up in Canadas capital where every kid grew up wanting to be a superstar in hockey which can be very hard for some kids who's parents can't afford to send them to hockey or even have the time to teach them anything to do with the sport. Trudeau didn't have the easiest upbringing and for that he loves to give back to the kids who can't play in a league every winter so he partnered with Canadian Tire and has his own weekend games that run in select Canadian tire parking lots where any kid can come and learn skills as well as having a great fun weekend with other kids all enjoying the game that they love. Trudeau has also gone the extra mile by making sure there is a BBQ held where each kid can get a meal paid for out of his own pocket so no kid plays on an empty stomach.

Task #8 (2TPE)

After coming out of my very first season I feel like I let myself down a bit in milestones I was hoping to reach, I came into the league full of confidence in myself but found out that at this level of play the competition is much harder than I thought it would be. I was benched for a few games near the beginning of the year and went on to play 62 games with only 4 goals and 15 points on the season with very little to say in my other areas of work on the ice as well. During the post season though I was flying out there playing 11 games with 4 goals and 5 assists being just under a point for game in his first taste of the post season. Next year I hope to get a better start to the year and want to be more of a difference maker on the team with my speed and quick hands. 

Task #10 (3TPE)

The Newfoundland Berserkers were eliminated in the second round from the top team being Quebec after putting up a great fight against Maine in the first. I feel like Newfoundland doesn't actually have to change very much going into the new season, we had a lot of rookies come including me and as the year went on the rookies became more and more effective in the season and it really showed when the post season hit and we were getting points from the depth lines as well as the veterans. The rookies will be even better this season which should make for a better start to the season meaning more points for the post. We also have just found out we now own the first overall pick for next season which will hopefully bring in a star rookie to join in on our fast growing roster which should make for some fun games to watch and be a part of.

Task #11 (3TPE)

With the first season of Trudeaus SMJHL season being over and with a bit of disappointment from how I wish it would have went i'll be looking forward to working harder on my foot and stick speed for the next season to be a difference maker out on the ice. As for family and friends i'll be looking forward to actually being able to come home and spend time with them here in Ottawa after spending most of the season over in Newfoundland. I'll mostly be taking it easy and spending most of it just in and around the ice since there is a lockdown happening but can get most of my work done on the home gym I just had installed so I don't have to worry about going out and possibly getting me or my team sick for when the season starts back up. The only time I will really be going out will be to a local trail I love to take my dog on a walk on nice summer days while we still have them here.

Task #16 (3TPE)

Toasted

Total 16 TPE

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

Task #2 - 2 TPE
For the opener of the Scarecrows’ playoff series with Anchorage, make sure you pick up your scale sinking Titanic model with your ticket! This is a great chance to show the Armada what they are in for in this series! The boats will doubtlessly sink into obscurity, like their early 1900s counterpart, so this is a chance to get in their heads and help your team forward! After the exhausting 7 game series with the Knights, your team could benefit from a mental edge against the boats. Also, for one night only, the team will hit the ice to My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion, to further unsettle out maritime opposition!

113 words

Task #3 - 2 TPE
The St Louis Scarecrows vs Kelowna Knights playoff series provided plenty thrills for all across its 7 games. The battle of the Goaltenders was one of the interesting areas of the series. Coming into the playoffs, Kelowna had shared the time in the crease between its goaltending tandem of Vertigo and Ramsey pretty evenly. St Louis, however, laid the majority of the work at their J-veteran goaltender Antonescu, with back-up Kirkstone playing 15 games. During the teams’ playoff series, both leaned heavily on one goaltender, Vertigo for the Knoghts and Antonescu for the Scarecrows, with their other goalies playing once each. Vertigo’s numbers were lower than his regular season stats, with a SV% of .897 and GAA of 3.18, while Antonescu’s stats stayed similar to his regular season level, with a SV% for the playoff run of .902 and GAA of 2.84. This was a big reason for the Scarecrows squeaking past the Knights in 7 games.

157 words

Task #4 - 3 TPE
The St Louis Scarecrows may be out of the SMJHL Playoffs, but they are not resting on their laurels. The team decided, amongst themselves, that they wanted to give back to the community that has supported them through a monumentally difficult season. It was decided that the team would split up, allowing them to cover multiple charitable endeavours at the same time. The Captaincy Crew of Lambert, Doom and Hundertwasser led the way, attending the local children’s hospital to visit the young Scarecrow fans who were unable to attend games. They brought with them a load of Scarecrows merch, one thing they elected to leave behind was the teams mascot, Hayes. It was decided that he was far too scary to be bringing around a load of sick children. Even some of the players give him a wide berth when they see him on gameday. The rest of the forward corps helped out at some local food banks, packing and arranging items to go to the less-wealthy members of the community, while the defence and goaltenders set up a charity car wash, to raise money for a multitude of local charities. Unfortunately, the University of Missouri’s beach volleyball team had set up a car wash across the street from them, so in the end, they all just ended up donating their own money to the cause!

226 words

Task #5 - 3 TPE 
Goaltender: Chimkin Tendy (ANC) - as if this would ever be in doubt. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar! The giant Serbian netminder had an astonishing regular season, with the best GAA in the league at just 2.02 and a SV% of .920, proving he is an elite between the pipes.
Defence:Michael Withecheck (ANC) and Joorgustraad DuBolk (ANA) - 2 top class defencemen here! Point leading blueliners on their respective teams, as well as putting up excellent DGRs across the regular season. Both have also put up 8 points so far in the playoffs, a solid record for defencemen. They would provide a good combination of defence and offensive bite.
Forwards: ‘Long’ John Donair (ANA), Niccolo Livius (ANA) and Rui Jones (ANA) - with it being the playoffs, what you want is players on a hot streak, and these are 3 of the hottest! In fact, 5 of the top 6 point scorers for the Playoffs, coming into the finals, are Outlaws! These 3 have a staggering 47 points between them for just the playoffs! I think that is more than enough reason to have them on your team.

190 words

Task #6 - 3 TPE 
Round 1 of the playoffs was interesting, as 3 out of the 4 series were won resoundingly, only the St Louis v Kelowna tie making it past 5 games. Does this mean the Scarecrows would have struggled had the ties been different? Well if they were up against one of the other winners, those being Newfoundland, Anaheim and Vancouver, then quite possibly. Newfoundland were the big surprise initially, absolutely bossing the Maine Timber. Their regular season started so-so and collapsed at the end, which coincided with the rise of St Louis, to finish bottom of the conference, and indeed the league. But they definitely pulled it together for the playoffs. Vancouver also looked like a much stronger team than they had during the regular season. They were expected to perform well against the Battleborn, but it was expected to be closer. They were helped massively by current points leader for the playoffs, Kauppinen. I think under whatever order the ties were, Vancouver and cup finalists Anaheim would have made it through. St Louis would possibly have struggled somewhat against those teams, but Kelowna are no slouches, so the homer in me says they’d have qualified as well. Of the rest, if Newfoundland played like they did v Maine, they would probably get through as well.

215 words 

Task #7 - 2 TPE 
I am honestly quite neutral on the way the playoffs are formatted. Some teams can really up their game for the playoffs, see Newfoundland this season for example, or even Anaheim. I’m not sure many outside of California would have chosen them as Four Star Cup finalists this season! Not every cup final needs to be 1st seed vs 2nd seed, too often that is pretty predictable. The way the format is now allows for stronger teams to meet earlier and for perhaps some complacency to set in. I, along with many, expected QCC to continue to steamroller the opposition on the March to the final, but they were undone by the winners of the Western Conference, the Armada. At the same time, however, a QCC v Anchorage final would be just as exciting. It’s very much down to personal taste, in my opinion.

144 words

Task #8 - 2 TPE 
I was a late arrival to the St Louis roster, didn’t start my first game in the SMJHL til the Scarecrows’ 7th! But in the 60 games i played, I feel I accomplished more than was initially expected. I started the season mostly playing alongside either Zidane or Matty David and without any special teams work really. I initially set up as a more offensive defenceman, but found that I was possibly sacrificing some defensive solidity in attempting to help the forwards out. I finished the regular season with 15 points, 4 goals and 11 assists, which doesn’t sound an awful lot to some, certainly not when compared to fellow rookie d-man Zidane’s total of 29 points, but I felt I worked well defensively. My points total was also higher than some rookie forwards on the team, although I’ve had a much higher TOI. As the season has progressed, I’ve started to get time on the PK unit, which is great. Hopefully next season will see a move up to solidify the second line and more time on the PK and maybe the Powerplay too? Time will tell.

188 words

Task #9 - 2 TPE 
I’m going to sound like an absolute homer here, but the St Louis win over Kelowna was legitimately the most exciting series of the playoffs. It was a ding dong battle, perched on a knife edge. Kelowna took the opener, St Louis followed up with a pair of wins to take the lead. We were then humbled by Kelowna twice, and they looked on a roll, surely it’s all over for the Crows? But no, a huuuuuuuge win in game 6 took the series to a decider! The Locker Room after game 6 was full of some of the most emotionally tired people I’ve ever seen! But we had to shake it off and go again. St Louis shot into a solid lead, but Kelowna started to reel us back. This was something Scarecrows fans had seen too many times this season, their team throw away what seemed to be a big lead!
Not this time baby! The reactions in the locker room were visceral, emotional, such genuine joy from a team who had been no-hopers until the last part of the season. Unbelievable!

184 words

Task #10 - 3 TPE 
St Louis surprised everyone with their performance in the first round of the playoffs. They also surprised a lot of people in the first part of the season with how poor they were! The team had a solid draft, including the 1OA pick. The surge at the end of the season shows why Scarecrows fans should be excited for next season and shows other teams why to be afraid. The team was built around a combination of J league veterans and rookies, and it took the rookies time to bed in and get their TPE up. Once they reached the tipping point, suddenly St Louis we’re capable of seeing off the likes of Anchorage and QCC. With several of the veterans leaving for their SHL teams this coming season, the focus will be on some of the sophomores, like Zidane and Hundertwasser, to lead this team up the table and back to where they belong, in the Four Star Cup Finals!

161 word

Task #11 - 3 TPE 
Hailing from the Scottish highlands, my work ethic doesn’t allow me to sit back and relax, take stick of a crazy first year in the SMJHL. I have a draft to prepare for, as well as the WJC! I’m still filling my days with workouts and ice time, often by myself, but if the opportunity arises I’ve been working with fellow rookies like Hunter Sharpe or Friedensreich Hundertwasser, even though we will be opponents soon enough in the WJC! I’m already somewhat underrated for the draft, since I was a latecomer to the league, I wasn’t drafted in the J draft, I came in on FA 6 games into the season, so I feel I need to do more to be noticed in order to be drafted! The advantage of being underrated, of course, is that in a few years, if I fulfill my potential, I’ll be looked at as a draft steal, rather than a bust, which would be nice! I would like to be filling some time with draft interviews, but it’s not something that’s happened too often. I’ve been contacted by a couple of teams, which gives me hope, but a few more would be nice, just to calm the nerves a little!

206 words

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

verification word: bagels

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

I could support charities whose main theme is young children, charities that help people in distress, help so up in their lives that they do not have to sleep on the streets. I would very much like to take part in charity campaigns, the theme of which is to help young children, teenagers who have been diagnosed with a disease and who need help. I know that many players donate a sum of money to a charity by throwing a goal or doing something productive. That's exactly what I could do. For goals scored, assists, block throws, everything related to performance to help the winning team I could also help others by donating money. I like helping people, it makes me happy. Especially when I have big contracts from hockey leagues, from sponsors, from advertisements. why not let me help someone. I and my team could also take part in various events with the children to make them happier as well. 
Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Armada and Outlaws (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

G - Chimkin Tendy (ANC) - I think this goalkeeper is the best between the two teams, just because the save percentage is very good (0.920). On average, this goalkeeper scores 2 goals, which is a very good indicator. Of the 53 games played, this goalkeeper has won 33 games.
LW - "Long" John Donair (ANA) - This player has been a great scorer. Has scored 51 points during the season. The percentage of goals scored for throws that strike the goal is surprisingly high - almost 15%, which means that this player is a good sniper and would definitely be needed by every team.
C - Pablo Salvatici (ANC) - I don't know what faceoff % of this player is, but looking at the statistics, this would be a great player for this team. He has scored 19 goals and 31 assists in 66 games, which means that this player is able to create a good attack and let someone else throw and score. This player has scored 173 times and, accordingly, almost 11% of those shots have been a successful goal.
RW - Asclepius Perseus Flitter (ANA) - I chose to put this player looking at the offensive game rating, which is 68 for this player, which is a very good score.
LD - Igor Victory (ANC) - I would like to place this player in this line-up, because I noticed the statistics. This player's +/- is +39, which is incredibly good, so it means that this player works well on defense and is able to create a quality attack. 
RD - Joorgustraad DuBolk (ANA) - This player's defensive game rating is 70, so I chose. It would be very useful for a player to be shorthanded and defensive. Gave 27 assists, so this too would play a big role in attacks and majority when it comes to creating goal scoring opportunities.

Code:
Task #7 - 2 TPE
As I'm sure you've all noticed the postseason uses a 12-team playoff format, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  7th vs 9th. What is your opinion on the format? Good or bad?
Requirements: 100+ words.

At first I didn't understand this playoff format. I think the format is original and very amazing. but, in my opinion, the format must be as always, with the western conference and the east conference playing separately and meeting only in the grand final. Many are accustomed to this format and it is easier to understand than now. Because if it is played in a format like this season, then I don't really see the point in conferences, you can peacefully play all in one conference. Anyway, this is something new for me and unprecedented. You can get used to this format, but I personally want it what was before this format.

Code:
Task #8 - 2 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

First of all, I am very happy to be able to get into this league and get right into the Vancouver Whalers team, because the players of this team gave me a lot, gave advice and are very responsive. My main goal was to first help the team get into the playoffs and then fight for the main title. We got in the playoffs, went hard, but all the hard work paid off. We reached the semi-finals, the goal was the finals, but it is also a lot. Another goal was to create a offense, throw in the goal, dont get a lot penalty minutes, so as not to leave the team in the shorthanded. Of course, I deceived myself, I deceived the team's head coach. At the beginning of the season, no penalty minutes were accumulated and I was disciplined, but by the end of the season they were already more than 30 minutes. Of course, I also created a lot of goal scoring opportunities by returning a productive pass, but not so much to be satisfied myself. Admittedly, I've trained to be a sniper who throws a lot on the goal, but I'm not happy with my performance in this regard, because I throws a lot, but very inaccurately. I'm very happy with my faceoff %, it's improved.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

The season has just ended, this off-season is definitely much different than usual. I have gone from America to my native home - Latvia, to be able to spend time with my family and relatives. I will spend the inter-season time in Latvia until the training camp, when I have to return to America. I will definitely spend a lot of time training. My goal is to improve speed and endurance, both by simply running around the city, on ice and with skates. In order to improve shape I will try to build mass in order to improve muscle shape. I am going to train in the capital of Latvia together with Latvian teams to improve the passes, slap and wrist shots and of course defense. Since this season will be followed by the SHL draft, in which I will also have to participate, I will try my best to prove to the SHL team agents that I can be a good center player and sniper. I will prove that the key is to win with the team and not to act alone. 

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S58 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Ako Zīle is 6'11ft tall and 198lbs heavy, which is normal as such a player can maintain speed for a longer period of time as well as start skating faster. Ako is a center player and he is trained as a sniper. At the beginning of the season, Ako's faceoff % was below 50%, but it must be admitted that it has now improved considerably and it is safe to say that it is close to 50% or even more. Ako is able to return several productive passes, as well as create opportunities to score goals, this was also proved by the 57 season statistics. Ako has great potential, because he has a great fighting spirit, will give everything to be able to win with the team and fight for the main title. This season, according to statistics, it was clear that the protection was still bad, because the efficiency was more than -10, which is a very poor indicator. But we all know that statistics are just numbers, you have to see who this player is on the ice, but I can say that this player has great potential.

16/16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 03:07 AM by inverted.)

Task #16  3 TPE
(Post in thread)

Task #13 4 TPE
A. The best name is one i passed over in my deep dive of cool names and let me tell you, he won't shut up about it. David S. Pumpkins is a reference to a totally funny and super famous recent Saturday Night Live sketch. Such a great name. so funny. very much haha
B. This one is easy to answer now that it is over but Anchorage is the favorite. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Defense upset the heavy favorited Icey Owl boys so what makes you think they can't beat the maskey rabbit boys. My homie David Pumpkins won't let any puck past him. The goalie will be able to take a nap or finish a book.
C. I think this is the much better of the two timelines. For the Whaley Shooty Boys all it would take is to play defensive mastermind and full on lunatic Zayne Rotzbua more. The guy had a game with a perfect defensive rating and didn't even get top 3 players of the game from his team. what's upo with that? For the owls they just needed less shit luck lol.
D. Look at this! we're back to talking about the young legend, Zayne Rotzbua! He was a monster and a force to be reckoned with,lighting up the opponents star forwards game after game. His name is whispered in fear throughout the SMJHL. Thia makes it ewasier for the rest of the team to do their jobs.

Task #10  3 TPE
Although The Vancouver Whalers will see a demolition to our offense due to them being freaking awesome and their SHL teams calling them up. However as we just saw with the west Canada dumb boats, defense wins Championships, and buddy let me tell you now. The Vancouver whalers will have one of the best defenses in the entire got dang league so all you other fancy wand waving, figure skating, goal scoring twiog teams better watch the hell out. The west coast coast bad boys, literally named after an international crime, are coming for your heads. We will throw a spear right into the heart of any attack you try to mount. Of course it starts with the madman, hitting, punching, KO machine you already know about, Zayne Rotzbua. Putting fear into the hearts of these children that other teams call professionals. Also there are other players on the team but I can't remember their names right now so you'll just have to trust me.

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Zayne Rotzbua is very aware of the struggles women can go through, even in the modern world. As such Zayne decided to give back to the women that will one day run the world by Creating the Women Who Are Smart and Learn Good and Will Do Good Things Program. Zayne prefers a hands on approach as he personally guides the brightest students local community colleges have to offer on a journey to success. Each semester he hand picks 5 students to join him on a private jet to some of the worlds best schools such as Fiji Technical college, University of Nevada Las Vegas, or Beach University of Southern France. Once there it is two weeks of intense, rough studying in both group sessions and one on one learning, This must be a great program considering the massive bills Rotzbua racks up twice a year for this tax free charitable work. God Bless you Zayne Rotzbua!

Task #11 - 3TPE
During the offseason Zayne will be training very, very hard and not spend any time drinking, partying, and doing illegal drugs with women who totally aren't hookers. He keeps his head in the game and maintains elite training and focus at all times throughout the offseason. He works out like so damn much and is constantly on the ice practicing sweet skills. He would never consider getting plastered and and starting bar room brawls as training for the new season. no sir. Running from the cops is not what he was doing when he tells his coaches that he focused on endurance this year. Zayne Rotzbua is the same upstanding, outstanding citizen off the ice that he is on the ice game after game. Anyone who questions that is probably just some dumb jealous nerd that doesn't do nothing for the community and can't party or play like him, so what do they even know about playing hockey good?

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

Task 2: For the opening game of the S58 season the St Louis Scarecrows will be handing out commemorative Hayes the Scarecrow talking dolls (in the style of a woody from toy story with the ring pull). Hayes will utter some classic lines such as "Heck Detroit" "let's go st Louis" and will make some fantastic "scarecrow Noises".
The doll itself will be stuffed with real life straw to give it that authentic scarecrow feel. It will be holding a metal (blunted) scythe to really keep it as close to real life of the Mascot as possible.
One lucky winner chosen at random on game day will get a life sized 7 foot tall Hayes the Scarecrow to keep in their garden (or field) to ensure no crows steal any of their crop. (131 words) (2TPE)

Task 3: In this week's featured matchup between the St Louis Scarecrows and the Carolina Kraken we see an all Austrian battle between St Louis Friedensreich Hundertwasser and Carolinas Finn von Murphenstein. These two players have grown up with each other in age group hockey but couldn't be more different from one another. Pre game von Murphenstein gets into the mood by listening to trash Austrian metal whereas Hundertwasser paints masterpieces listening to classical. FVM's pre game meal is a steak dinner with all the trimmings, whereas FH's is avocado on toast with a side salad. FVM's game is one of brutality and thuggery. FH's game is one of finesse and class. But no matter the outcome, this pair of players will share a pint and a laugh after the game. (128 words) (2TPE)

Task 4: With Friedensreich Hundertwasser going back to Austria in th offseason it felt only right to give back to the Austrian community and get some charity work done whilst he was back there.
As one of the recent Austrians to break into the SMJHL alongside Zayne Rotzbua and Finn von Murphenstein they decided to team up and help out before the start of the world junior championships where they would all be playing for DACH.
They were asked to live announce a period of the under 18s national championship game and complete an autograph signing after the game with all proceeds going to SOS Children's villages in Austria.
The game went well with all three showing the knack for announcing, the only slip up coming when Hundertwasser let out a swear word whilst complimenting a fantastic goal. The autograph signing went smoothly with each of the players bantering back and forth with each other and fans alike. A decent chunk of money was raised on that day. (166 Words) (3TPE)

Task 7: I personally have mixed emotions on the 12 team playoff format. On the one hand it makes sure everyone is kept engaged longer as your team is guaranteed to be in the playoffs but it also has the adverse affect of essentially making the regular season all but pointless. If you're only playing for seeding in the playoffs a very good team could essentially coast throughout the season with minimal line changes knowing that the only time they really need to change anything up is playoffs. Yes the round 1 bye is there but that's little consolation. In my opinion there should never be a world where the last seed should be making playoffs. An 8 team playoff structure makes more sense with 2 from each conference missing out. (129 words) (2TPE)

9TPE to this point

Task 10: St. Louis had a very poor start to the season but came in very strong at the end. This was in no small part thanks to an extremely strong rookie class of players with the GMs drafting very well to find 5 active to very active players in the draft. Add to this a stat free agent pickup in Urquhart all of whom should be capping in the upcoming season if not before. This will give an extremely good backbone for the team for seasons to come with them even having Goalie of the future in Kit Kirkstone this class.
The team really built a rapport with one another over the season which they'll look to continue with going forward. They will unfortunately likely lose a few stalwart players in Antonescue, Lambert and Doom so these Rookies will have huge shoes to fill when they move up the lines. With the 6th overall pick in another string draft St. Louis are in a great position to add another couple of big pieces. (172 words) (3TPE)

Task 13 A: There are a number of players with good names in this series however the person with the best name is hands down David S. Pumpkins. Named after a beloved SNL skit pumpkins name was topical for the time he signed up (October) but has become a bit out of place in January. Like the user behind pumpkins the character is loveable zayny and a tad goofy. (66 words) (1TPE)

TRIVIA : Rumbledeethump (3TPE)

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Task 5:

It is not easy to make one complete unit out of these two great teams, but I am forced to do it anyways. First off, I want to pick the goalie. The tendy who fits my team best is Chimkin Tendy from Anchorage. Tendy was an easy pick due to his low GAA and high save percentage. On the back end I would have  Igor Victory from Anchorage and Kolja Kekkonen from Anaheim. These are two opposite defenders in which one focuses on their own end of the ice and the other likes to help out the offense. For forwards, things get tricky. Taking winger Theo Kondos from Anchorage, winger Thomas Rose and center Hurbert Roberts from Anaheim. That gives me a pretty solid unit that I believe could compete. The high scoring wingers will create all the offense needed with some great playmaking coming from Roberts and Kekkonen. Tendy is going to save every shot he sees while Victory keeps the lanes clear. 

[164]

Task 11:

Man I have been really looking forward to this upcoming draft. A lot of great players have progressed this season in different ways. I think I had a pretty successful rookie SMJHL season. I came into this league as a big defender who focused on defense first. I happily finished with 29 points and a whopping 178 hits. I did what I wanted plus added offense. Most of the scouting reports I have seen about me have said my defensive awareness is off the charts for my age but lack control over my slap shot. I’m still not worried about that, but do know it is going to hurt my draft stock. I’ve been training daily this off-season, in hopes to bring attention back to myself in the draft. Right now I’m being rated as an early second rounder and as far back as late third. That is hurting my ego a bit, as I went first overall in the SMJHL draft. To whatever team that picks me, just know you are getting a strong, big bodied, defenseman who will keep the puck out of the net.

[187]

Task 12:

Good morning and welcome to the NOLA Hockey Network official scouting report on the French defenseman, Jean-Locke Zidane. Zidane hails from Amiens, France where he made a name for himself in their junior leagues as a tough guy. Drafted first overall in the S57 SMJHL entry draft by the St Louis Scarecrows, Zidane has strong connections to New Orleans already. He has the same agency as Specters great, Nicholas Williams. Zidane has showed us why he was picked first overall having quite a rookie season. He was a defensive machine while producing 29 points. It just goes to show that playing defensively and making the right first pass is key to getting your offense going. The Specters have been scouting him since the beginning of the season and are seriously considering him in the second round. Why am I saying this out loud? It is no secret that most teams want goal scorers in the first round, something Zidane is not. That hurts his stock a bit. Also, Zidane isn’t afraid to be the agitator. The guy who gets under his opponents skins. Most players like this don’t go in the first. That is all we have today, thanks for watching the NOLA Hockey Network.

[205]

Task 13:

A. The player with the best name in this post season has to be Asclepius Perseus Flitter. The name sounds like a Greek God who has come to kick ass and take names. His stats show up on the board too which just proves my point more. APF, nah you have to say the full name. No abbreviating that one. (59)

B. My favorites were Anaheim. I believe that they had a very good team that could get the job done. Unfortunately Anchorage outplayed them in the way the set up their plays. Having a red hot goalie helps a ton too. All in all, it comes down to tactics and how you deploy your players against you opponents. Coaches played a big part in this one. [65]

C. For QCC to advance to the finals, they really needed their offense to step it up big time. They were the favorites after finishing first in the season. Them advancing solely depends on their offense taking over. Vancouver is interesting if they make it. They have a really good goalie in St Ark who is only going to get better. This is another team that could not get their secondary scoring going. Their primary scoring was there but that was it. [81]

D. Asclepius Perseus Flitter was Anaheim's best player this season. While he was traded there during the season, he did not stop his great play. You can argue that he carried this team to the finals, and he has the points to back that up. Anaheim’s threat level goes up whenever he was on the ice.  [55]

Task 16: Word: Spooky

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 03:10 PM by nyumbayangu.)

Task #2: 2 TPE

It was a great honour to be given the task of designing the commemorative item for the Whalers.  Narboza had given this a lot of thought and spent several days locked away in his ship, tinkering and designing what he felt would be the perfect thing to give out to the fans of the team.  While he had considered ideas such as mini-statuettes representing the mating between mating partners on the Whalers, select pieces of meat from rare animals from around the world, and neural implants that would allow humans to speak Sardangian, in the end he decided that the human race was not quite prepared for some of these ideas.  The team decided to give out the commemorative items during a skills competition that was to be held after the team was eliminated from the SMJHL playoffs.  It was a laid back and social affair, but it had the advantage of giving Narboza a little bit more time to create what he felt was the perfect item.  After the shootout competition was held, the ice minions were lined up all along the edge of the rink with their mini-cannons loaded with the goods.  At the sound of the buzzer they began to launch the items into the crowd - tiny missiles making their way towards the screaming hordes of fans.   This part was not as well thought out as Narboza would have liked.  The items were marble statuettes of Valtterri Kauppinen.  The statuettes had seven arms, with each arm holding a bloodied skull of a rival SMJHL mating partner, to celebrate his record setting seven point game.  Since the items were marble, they caused quite a bit of damage, not only to the building, but also to the screaming fans, who were now screaming in agony as they were pelted by the commemorative items that were being launched by the ice minions.  It is said that a class action law suit is being launched at this time.

Task #3: 2 TPE

Before the start of the SMJHL playoffs there was some doubt as to whether the Vancouver Whalers could even make it out of the first round, as they had had a regular season to forget for the most part.  One of the key reasons why the team did so well was because of the excellent net defending of Jon St Ark.  Some may wonder what it is that sets St Ark apart from other goaltenders, but a quick comparison between St Ark, and the Timber's starting goaltender in Round 1, Yanno Rosejac, sheds some light on this.  To begin with, one only needs to look at the size of their calf muscles.  Though Sardangian physiology is quite a bit different than human physiology, calf measurements have often been performed on potential farm workers to gauge their chances of surviving for a long time.  Using a newly developed laser targeting system, Narboza was able to measure the calves of both goaltenders, and found that St Ark's calves were 22% firmer, and had a 17% higher muscle fibre density than Rosejac.  It was clear that this would give a sizeable advantage to the Whalers netminder, particularly if the series went a long time.  The second, and perhaps more subtle factor, was pain tolerance.  On the night before Game 1, Narboza drugged both goaltenders and performed a quick experiment on them.  Using cranial stimulation he was able to slowly, but steadily, increase the feeling of pain within their bodies, and write down how long it was until they started screaming. Of course, he needed to wipe their memories after performing the experiment, but the results were fascinating.  St Ark managed to go quite a bit longer before he shrieked in agony than Rosejac. It was because of these two main factors that Narboza believes St Ark held a hefty advantage in net over the Timber's starter.

Task #4: 3 TPE

Coming from a cut throat society where the weak are culled and those who straggle are cut and left behind to be mocked, the idea of charity was completely foreign to Narboza. Many of his mating partners had spent time in hospitals with kids who had cancer, serving food to the homeless at shelters in Vancouver, or perhaps spent some time down on East Hastings, picking up needles.  While these were certainly worthy activities according to human traditions, Narboza decided to take things in a slightly different direction, and set up an event that would only be for the weakest of the weak.  He had been told of these most pathetic creatures, and while he was incapable of experiencing human emotions, there was some tiny part of him that felt as if, even on Sardang, these individuals would be given pity and assistance.  So it was, with great excitement, that Narboza setup the 'Fans of the San Francisco Pride' rehabilitation event. Using electroshock therapy, a cocktail of drugs that were not approved by Health Canada, and some proprietary techniques only known to the Sardangians, Narboza hoped to try and cure as many of these poor souls of their afflictions as quickly as possible.  While few attended the event (which Narboza could only assume was due to the crushing depression that left them unable to leave their homes), the ones that did show up seemed to have had a great amount of success with the program.  While true that most individuals were left as soulless husks, devoid of any emotion or purpose in life, it was also true that this was much preferred to the overwhelming sense of doom that came with being a fan of the San Francisco Pride.  If Narboza could have experienced joy, perhaps he would have shed a tear or two for the work that was done that day.

Task #11: 3 TPE

With the playoff run now behind me, I will be diving deep into my research on creating the genetically perfect superplayer.  I have exciting plans to create a player who will be a combination of all of the best traits of the players in the SHL. Eventually this player will be unleashed on the league, and in the process I will have learned much about the human race, their culture, and their physiology.  There are a few players around the league that I have not yet had the chance to sample their DNA, so I will be setting up innocuous looking appointments to lure them and eventually experiment on them.  The work I am doing now should go a long way towards giving my people all of the information they truly need once they arrive here far into the future.  Next season my role on the team should somewhat increase, and hopefully, as I am exposed to a larger collection of mating partners, I will be able to expand my DNA samples that way as well.

Task #13: 4 TPE

A)I believe that Paul Binder of the Anchorage Armada has the best name on either of the two final teams.  Since bonding as a mating pair with your mating partners is the most important thing that can happen during a season, and most certainly during a long playoff run, it is only fitting that having a last name which represents the importance of this binding process be exalted in its importance.  Also, the name Paul means humble, or humility according to my research of the English language.  A fitting tribute.
B) Well, this is a little silly to try and say now that the series is over, but I definitely believed that Anaheim was going to complete the magical run to a Championship, even though I only believe in science and think that the belief in magic is one of the cornerstones of a failed society. In hindsight I should have known that offense is less reliable than a solid defense and goaltending.  I feel shame and hope that I do better in the future.
C)  In the bizarro world where Quebec faces Vancouver in the final we would have seen Quebec not stay up so late watching Cosmos (the 1980s version with Carl Sagan of course) and instead getting the sleep they need so that the can be well rested and defeat an Anchorage team that they were clearly far superior to.  For Vancouver they would have relied on back to back record setting 8 point games by Sarah Burke.  Reasonable I am sure.
D) While it is certainly important for the star players to be the stars on a team, just like the tiny neothermal lizards on Hasp IX achieve much behind the scenes on their planet, the team first mentality of Sammy Blaze from Anaheim really set the tone for the team during the regular season, and showed what was required in the playoffs. A plus player, with 111 shot blocks, and 29 points, he appeared to be a swiss army knife of a player for the team and exemplified what it took to drag them kicking and screaming into the Finals.

Task #16: 3 TPE

Completed.  Confirmation word is neural.

Total TPE: 17 -> Rounded down to 16.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 01:40 PM by Kierkan.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)

We were actually having a conversation amongst some of the boys about if we were going to do anything special for the fans next season. #A-Rye keeps suggesting we give the fans venezuelans to blow during our games. We kept trying to tell him it's vuvuzela, but he insists that's a country. I think he may have been concussed at some point during the season. We're going to be giving the fans there on opening night a foam sword and shield set with our logo on the shield....and free hotdogs and a beer. Getting the fans involved in the game makes everything for us, the players, that much more fun. We might also start a GoFundMe for an atlas for Izzy.

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.

We begin this weeks edition of Flow in the Snow by looking at two rookies in the opening round of the playoffs between the Kelowna Knights and the St. Louis Scarecrows. Richard LaFleur and Jean-Locke Zidane are both Right Defensemen, let's see how their flow affected how far they'd go. LaFleur was growing his hair out and came into the series with a respectable blast back hairstyle. We're getting reports that he did put water in it before combing it back before he came out for warmups. With an aggressive foundation, LaFleur was ready to face all challengers. Zidane came forward with a bold strategy. A slightly receeded hairline to start, but combed and neat on the side. Some said that he had no chance whatsoever, LaFleur had the flow in the bag. Zidane shocked everyone however when the flow betrayed LaFleur and the Knights lost in a decisive game 7. We're still crunching the data to determine if this information has any relevancy whatsoever to hockey.

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.

Richard LaFleur was a contributor and participant for a Timbits Hockey branch here in Kelowna. Making a monetary donation to the program, and spending a day on the ice with some of the kids. LaFleur was seen toe-dragging five year old children, and going down bar down on the goaltender who had fallen down and was struggling to stand back up. There were some complaints from parents when he started blasting howitzers from the slot. We reached out for LaFleur for a comment: "Supporting the development of young hockey players is extremely important to me. Hockey is very expensive, and not all families have the means to get their children involved. I'm just glad I'm in a position where I can give back to the program that was there for me when I was young." He declined to comment on any of his wildly inappropriate on-ice behavior, and was last seen snow showering his own goalie.

Task #8 - 2 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

I didn't really know what to expect coming into the season. My only real focus was just making sure I was doing everything I could to try to help the team. Usually that involved a disciplined approach to my development and training. Making sure I wasn't skipping practices, and I was playing hard in scrims. Leaving it all out there and seeing what happened. I was pretty happy ending the season with 30 points and +24. I had some anxiety about being a defensive liability until I was more experienced. My performance in the first round against St. Louis left lots to be desired, and I'm going to shift even more of my attention onto the defensive side of my game. Once that's solidified, I'm going to expand my offense. The experience in a whole was just fantastic. Hanging out with the boys, gearing up of the playoffs, going through the ups and downs; it was all a very positive experience and I've very excited to get the next season started.

Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.

Would it be too much of a cop out to pick the only series that had my team in it? Being my first experience with the playoffs since joining the SHL, it was definitely the highlight of my season. When we went down 2-1 against St. Louis, then won two straight to have the series at 3-2, we were on cloud nine. Losing game 7 the way we did with so many goals near the end of the game really gutted us. But I know how hard everyone in Kelowna worked during the season, and we have great things coming our way in the future. It was a fantastic series.

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

When we get eliminated in round one, the atmosphere in the Kelowna locker room was a gloomy one. We had high expectations for ourselves going into the year, and we were disappointed we couldn't live up to them the way we wanted to. We are not without hope, however. While we do lose a few key pieces of our roster for next season, the young up and coming core of the team is stronger than ever. Everyone on the team worked hard all year, and will continue to do so. With all hands on deck working hard, we have nowhere to go but up. One of the main positives about the team is how we all support each other. We're all active and joking around, enjoying the season and working hard. Holding each other accountable, and ensuring we're all doing what we can to help the team. A deeper playoff run is in our future if we just stay the course.

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. Anchorage managed to stun heavy favourites Quebec City backstopped by some excellent work on defense, as well as goaltending from Chimkin Tendy. As for Anaheim, their offense has been red hot all playoffs, with their defeated opponents still hearing Conga in their nightmares. Who are the favourites in this classic battle of offense vs defense?
C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but regular season performance is a key factor in laying the foundation for a solid playoff run. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A. How do you not say TURG TURG? I don't know if you guys have him followed on twitter, but you need to get on that immediately. Guy is hilarious. What an absolute beauty. He's got 13 points in 15 playoff games too(at the time of writing), so he's ripping it up when it counts the most. Good luck to him in the rest of the series.
B. They say that defense wins championships. Quebec was an offensive juggernaut literally the entire season. They imposed their will on the ice and looked completely invincible. Almost all of their skaters are in the top 25 for plus/minus, meaning they've just been overwhelming teams with their production. Anchorage managed to shut them down and seal the deal. Anaheim has cranked the power to 11 for this playoff run and is looking eerily similar to QCC during the regular season. Will Anchorage seal the deal? (At time of writing, they did.)
C. It would be too easy to say 'just score more scores'. Quebec lost their aura of invincibility vs Anchorage. Most of their success during the regular season depended on an absolute unbelievable amount of point production from every skater on the roster. They just strong-armed every team during the season. What happens if you underperform for a few games in the playoffs? We saw the results. If Quebec stayed hot and played their game in the series, I believe they would just overwhelm Anchorage just like they did all year.
D. The Anaheim Outlaws right winger Asclepius Perseus Flitter was 5th in the league in points during the regular season. It wasn't an absolute dominant performance, much like the QCC skaters who had ridiculous plus minus'. Flitter ended the regular season as a -12. But there were warning signs of the deadly offensive potential with his league leading 237 shots on goal.

16 TPE

Task #2 - 2 TPE
Fan appreciation day is always a fun day in Colorado for fans of all ages. It is typically held on the final home weekend game and features all sorts of festivities including a complimentary chunk of amber for every fan in attendance. In an attempt to build a relationship with Universal Pictures in a similar manner to Disney and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, the Colorado Raptors top brass wanted to connect audiences of the beloved children’s film, Jurassic Park, to the Raptors home games. This year, a small chunk of amber was given out with a small Raptors logo impressed into it with the words Raptors Park printed in the iconic film typeface. While not officially sanctioned by Universal yet, Raptors spokespeople agree this is the first step to a long and fruitful relationship. Universal Studios have declined to comment based on the advice of their legal team.

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Basil Sivart | Defence | Right-Hand Shot | 6’4” | 215 lbs – Sivart is your classic old-school defenceman, his first concern is his own end and punctuates his sound positional game with memorable hits. Basil has shown incredible dedication off the ice as he continues to take advantage of almost every opportunity to improve his game. On the attack, he is no slouch either - with silky hands, crisp passing, and an ability to create space from those defending him, Basil is an excellent lynchpin at the point to facilitate potent offence – just don’t expect him to pull the trigger himself too often. The weakest part of his game, aside from faceoffs and fighting, is definitely his shot. In the locker room, Sivart is a more reserved personality but is known to get more active as time goes on and during more important moments – but don’t expect a domineering presence. While not as well known as the Luc’s of the draft, this is a high ranking prospect that will be a great addition to any team – GMs will just be watching with bated breath to see if they can snag young Basil Sivart.

Task #13 - 4 TPE
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
My winner for the best name in the series is going to go to "Long" John Donair of the Anaheim Outlaws. While John Donair is nothing particularly inspiring, the “Long” addition is what really makes this name pop. A swashbuckler of a winger, ol’ Long John Donair will but the fear of davie jones’ locker into his opponents, freezing goalies with the glint of shiny doubloons.

B. Anchorage managed to stun heavy favourites Quebec City backstopped by some excellent work on defense, as well as goaltending from Chimkin Tendy. As for Anaheim, their offense has been red hot all playoffs, with their defeated opponents still hearing Conga in their nightmares. Who are the favourites in this classic battle of offense vs defense?
I am a big believer of the defence win championships mantra, and this is no exception. Coming into the playoffs, Quebec had the most potent offence scoring over 50 goals more than the next highest goals-for team – which just so happens to be Anchorage. If that kindof offence can’t get it done, Anaheim will have an even harder time. Anchorage has a the leagues best defence and second best offence- that’s a mix for a championship.

C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
The Quebec versus Anchorage series was tightly fought in both realities, but instead of the overtime loss for QCC in game 6, in this alternate timeline the Citadels were able to score the winning goal in OT and move into the finals! The alternate path for Vancouver was much more difficult than a single OT win, instead they had a stellar goaltending performance in games 1 and 2 that put them up 2 games on the series. While the rest of the series was tough, that two game lead was enough to push them into the Finals.

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but regular season performance is a key factor in laying the foundation for a solid playoff run. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
Anaheim was led in scoring by Asclepius Perseus Flitter who finished 2nd in the year’s scoring race to Quebec’s Zdenko Beranek. A potent goal scorer, Flitter carried his team to a 199 goals for and a 32-28 season. On Ancorage, Chimkin Tendy backstopped their team to an impressive .920 save percentage and league leading 2.02 goals against average. This performance from your goalie will help any team have a dangerous playoff run.

Task #15: Podcast – 4 TPE
https://anchor.fm/sivart/episodes/SHL-Ch.../a-a4ei389

PBE Affiliation - 3 TPE
http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=269022

= 16 TPE

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 06:18 PM by Leppish.)

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Detroit Falcons have decided to hold fan appreciation night during their first homegame of the upcoming season, and after debate between management they have decided to create a beer stein, designed by cheap beer drinker Pavel Jeziak. His stein is made of stainless steel, and holds 1,5 liters of beer. Now Pavel is not the greatest designer, so it's basically just a Black, heavy, barely useable beer stein with Detroit Falcons written around it and 2 pictures of the Falcons logo on 2 sides of the stein and the handle is shaped like a falcons wing, which makes it fairly uncomfortable to hold. For the lid part of it, they decided to use lighter aluminium as during testings, some people chipped their teeth or hurt their lips with the heavy lid coming down.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

Pavel Jeziaks rookie performance was good, even though i did miss out on my personal expectations by a small number, my personal goal was hitting 15 goals scored, and around 15-20 assists on top of that for a total of 30-35 points. I ended up finishing the season with 12 goals scored and 15 assists for a total of 27 points. Which obviously is not bad for a rookie forward. Other categories i had 110 shots on goal, which is actually pretty solid, leading to a shooting percentage of almost 11%. 18 hits is not great though, as i felt pretty bad defensively already, but 41 shots blocked is still decent. For next season i definitely want to improve consistency, too many times last season i went scoreless for several games at a time, i would love to hit 45-50 points in my 2nd season. Physicality also needs improvement, if i want to be an effective scorer i need to be able to take the body and fight for the puck.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

The Detroit Falcons unfortunately failed to win a single game after doing well enough in the preseason to get themselves a Bye week, only to get swept. But the Detroit Falcons should not be worried about that, it is a very young and promising team that many did not even expect to make the playoffs this season, with the impressive squad of S57 draftees, Luc Blouin, Kermit Murphy, Yan Dolff and Pavel Jeziak taking big steps this offseason, it should be a very heavily improved team heading into the season 58 of SMJHL hockey. The Falcons will still have their big gun veterans Anton Mihailov, Evangelos Giannopoulos, Daedalus James and others on the roster in addition to all that. And the excellent starting goalie Valtteri Aalto will be holding down the fort in net again, so the team performance has nowhere to go but up for the next seasons and the possibility of being an SMJHL Powerhouse is very high.

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.

A. I think i will have to go with Chimkin Tendy of the Anchorage Armada for this name. This name both sounds funny to me but it also sounds delicious like a chicken tendy. And it's also a goaltender, so it's the perfect name. It's also something that i imagine would be fun to hear commentators try to say throughout a game without cracking up.

B. I think i might go with Anaheim on this one, they are a red hot team from a red hot city, they also have a good record in playoffs so far, winning 2 cups already in their fairly short stint of existing. A good defense can always be cracked, but it's harder to stop a powerhouse offense unless you have powerhouse defense. Even then, goalies can have bad games if they get shelled with shots all the time, defense can have lapses. I'd trust an incredible offense like Anaheim to win it.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 150+ word

I have basically had the same offseason routines since playing in the meaningless junior leagues, i like to take some time off, to completely forget about hockey and just enjoy stuff that i love, like movies, good drinks, eating good food and spending time with friends and family, even though that has been a bit hard to do recently due to the Covid pandemic. So this offseason it has been a lot of watching netflix and drinking -redacted- drinks by myself and occasionally having socially distanced meetups with teammates from the Falcons. After a period of relaxation and just enjoying the time off, its time to get back into hockey. Start skating either alone or with junior teammates, begin the process answering scouting calls and messages from SHL teams and hope that you don't choke during the interview. After that just prepare yourself for both the draft, training camps and the season by working out and skating on a daily basis.

Task 16. Verification: Blebbo

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Task 1: 
[Image: k7FKKoa.png]

Task 2: 
[Image: tA9JTPX.png]

Task 4: 
[Image: ukwi3X1.png]

Task #7:
I think that the post-season format that has 12 team format is good. It is something that is different and gives more teams an opportunity. When something can mix it up from the norm every season is probably a good thing. If the results were going to be the same every season then it would get dull and boring but at least with this current format, there is some change and some spice if you will. While I can understand why some people may not like it because of how “unstructured” it is – I think they will get used to it in time.

101 words

Task #16: beans

ISFL PBE

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

https://simulationhockey.com/banktransac...p?id=58489#

Task completed!

Task #2 – 2 TPE
The Raptors will hold their fan appreciation day some time mid season as something to keep fan engagement up during a time where that engagement sometimes dips. Currently the plan is to give out a T-Shirt to all fans who purchase tickets on gameday. There are t-shirts for every player, and fans can pick a t-shirt of their choice (until stocks for certain players run out of course, who wouldn’t want a Dolphin, McOooh or Rosejac shirt?). Following the game, season ticket holders and their families will be invited to join the team in a free skate at the arena, with a meet & greet and autograph session to follow.

Task #4 – 3 TPE
Back in Noel Blanchet’s homeland of France, rugby is an immensely popular sport. Having grown up in the city of Lyon, a town with a popular team that plays in the French professional league, Noel grew an interest in the sport from a young age. He grew up going to games with both his friends and his dad, and eventually took up playing the sport at the age of 10. He continued playing for years and was a top player in his age group during this time, but eventually decided his actual passion was hockey. In order to stay involved with Rugby, Noel has volunteered his time to help coach mini-rugby for kids, both in Colorado and also New Brunswick, where he spent time at boarding school before being drafted to the SMJHL. With not being able to play the sport due to his hockey commitment, coaching has been the next best thing, and it’s been a pleasure for him to help grow the game in North America.

Task #5 – 3 TPE
F: Pablo Salvatici – Everything you want in a #1 center. He can play at both ends of the ice and is very physical to boot. Salvatici had a fantastic regular season and brought that success into the post season as well, playing heavy minutes.
F: Theo Kondos – The man scores goals. What more can you say? The yin to Salvaticis yang.
F: ‘Long’ John Donair – I think an ANA forward inclusion is warranted here, and felt it was between APF and Donair, but opted for Donair as APF’s playoff performance left me a little underwhelmed.
D: Igor Victory – Commenting on the D together here, these two were just absolute rocks for Anchorage throughout the season at both ends of the ice and were in my opinion, one of the main reasons they ended up winning a championship. Honorable mention to Gregory Goode for his outstanding rookie season.
D: Michael Withecheck
G: Chimkin Tendy – It’s a no brainer to pick Tendy for the starting goalie spot, and that’s nothing against the very solid Mietitore. Tendy was superb both in regular season as well as the playoffs and 100% deserves the nod here.

Task #8 – 2 TPE
Overall I am quite happy with Blanchet’s rookie season in the SMJHL. He was lucky to be in a position where he could step in and play a solid role on what ended up being a solid yet unspectacular Raptors team. He put up about 0.5PPG while also being fairly responsible defensively, winning the majority of his faceoffs, and playing a physical game. Obviously the season ended with disappointment in the playoffs but there is a lot to build off and plenty of room for improvement for Blanchet. During the offseason he will be working on his offensive game as well as his skating and fitness.

Task #10 – 3 TPE
Entering the season Colorado was not slated to be a top team, most projections had the Raptors in the bottom third or quarter of the standings. However the Raptors came in trying to prove everyone wrong and had a stellar start. While this didn’t last in the long run, the Raptors proved they could hang with most teams in the SMJHL. Entering the offseason, the Raptors have a solid core to build around. The top 6 forwards appear to be set, with players like Dolphin, Kekalainen, Blanchet, Schweingruber, Makinen, and Diamante. There is a clear top 3 D in place with McOoooh, RESO and Sivart, and a starting goalie in Rosejac. The Raptors then have 3 1st round picks to use to fill out the remaining roster and bring in players who will eventually grow into top roles. While this season ended in disappointment for Colorado, there is a lot to be optimistic about heading into next season.

Task #16 – 3 TPE
Verification: Trivia

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Task #2 - 2TPE
It's Game 1 of the Finals the Anchorage is looking to make it a memorable one for the fans; ALL fans in attendance will be given one free authentic 25 pound boat anchor, crudely painted with the Anchorage Armada logo. While we can't confirm, it's heavily rumored that Anchorage's own TURG TURG had a hand in painting the insignias. It's a shame no one scored a hat trick during Game 1, otherwise we would have seen the infamous Anchorage Anchor toss onto the ice, where hundreds of fans hurl their 25 pound anchors onto the ice. You just love to hear that racket and screams of pain from those that couldn't quite make it the distance.
Code:
Word Count: 116

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Any Anchorage resident is familiar with the Anchorage Ahoy!, the local pirate reenactment company that does live shows, birthday parties, and even weddings! Most people don't necessarily think of pirates on their first trip to Anchorage, but the Armada certainly has something to say about that. Every year before the playoff season kicks off, the Armada are volunteers for a live reenactment off the coast of Fire Island. This event is always a blast for all involved, both players and fans, and brings in enough revenue to keep the company going for 10 years now. Rumor has it that the Armada team doesn't actually have any training or practice in preparation for this event, but just reenacts drinking rum and singing shanties until the canons start exploding and then just go with the flow. Following the reenactment, all cast members of the Anchorage Ahoy! are given prime seating against the glass for the first home playoff game.
Code:
Word Count: 157

Task #5 - 3 TPE
LW - "Long" John Donair - "Long" John Donair scored 17 points in 21 games played, leaving him to be one of the most impactful forwards for the Anaheim Outlaws in the playoffs. He certainly has an offensive air about him, but finishing the playoffs as a +1 overall does leave some room for improvement with the proper defense behind him. 
C - Pablo Salvatici - I don't think there was a single game where Pablo's name wasn't popping up on the highlight reel. Easily one of the best centers in the juniors. 16 points in 16 games, this guy is going to be a stud in a few years. He already is and I would gladly have him as my 1C on any team.
RW - TURG TURG - Just look at the name. Who wouldn't choose this guy?
LD - Arsene Leclerc - Arsene Leclerc has 14 points in 21 games played which is pretty solid for a defenseman.
RD - Bean Beanman - Yet another fantastic name. I've been behind Bean Beanman's back since we were drafted together and feel confident on the ice whenever he's out there. He doesn't have an enormous amount of points or anything, but he knows how to help keep the puck out of the net. This, plus he has a 100% Championship per Season rate.
G - Chimken Tendy - There are no words to describe this goaltender (no pun intended). 1.86 GAA and a .926 save percentage for the entirety of the playoffs. This man is a brick freaking wall.
Code:
Word Count: 258

Task #7 - 2 TPE
This is my first time ever seeing a playoff format like this. I wouldn't necessarily say "I'm not a fan", but it definitely could be better. I don't think there was a single person that wouldn't have figured it would be ANC v QCC in the finals. The fact that these two teams had no possible way to see each other in the finals was a bit silly. No disrespect to ANA, but after we managed to finish QCC, it felt like the playoffs were over at that point. That was THE team we were trying to beat all season so it was a little bit underwhelming to have a much less lethal team await us in the finals.
Code:
Word Count: 119

Task #8 - 2 TPE
I'm pretty happy with my performance in my rookie year. I unfortunately wasn't quite as much of an offensive threat as I was hoping to be, but I am very happy with my final +/- rating and am glad I was able to fill my role as a two-way forward. I believe later in the season and some in the playoffs I was played on the penalty kill which was nice to see. Looking forward to the new season, I think I'm going to focus more on offensive read and passing to try and rack in some more assists, while keeping my core defensive read and stickchecking up there to continue the strong defensive play. Looking through media, I see that others have been complimenting Binder's hitting as well. While hitting wasn't something I was really going for being a smaller player, I do like the idea of building a "Gerbe-like" player that's just small as shit but will hit people like a brick wall.'
Code:
Word Count: 165

Task #9 - 2 TPE
I do not think anyone on Anchorage Armada could say the series against Quebec City Citadelles wasn't their favorite of the series. The vast majority of us had them coming out on top in the mock playoff bracket and Quebec almost swept us in the regular season. I hate so much that I missed the Game 6 stream because that was apparently one of the best comebacks the team has ever seen. From what I've heard, we made a huge comeback in the third and then went to score in OT to force a Game 7. During Game 7, Binder scored a breakaway goal, his only of the playoffs, in arguably the most important game of the entire playoffs.
Code:
Word Count: 119

Task #11 - 3 TPE
After a very long weekend of partying and drinking in the cold Alaskan winter with his newfound team mates and brothers, Paul Binder plans on heading back to the motherland of Vienna, Austria. Hockey is not over for the young kid yet though. Paul Binder was chosen to represent DACH in the WJC. He's really looking forward to it and is more than honored that he has the chance to represent his country's colors while still being a rookie in the Juniors. Not really sure what to expect on the national ice as this has been, and continues to be, a year of firsts for Binder. As long as he can play hockey, it doesn't matter where it is, Binder is going to lay it all on the line. Assuming things go well in the tourney, he plans on bringing the cup on its tour back home for a visit to his uncle, the person that originally turned Binder into a hockey player.
Code:
Word Count: 163

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Binder's not going to be making any highlight reels or be the talk of the league anytime soon. He's not going to be a first overall pick, and honestly isn't looking likely to go in the first round. But what Paul Binder is, is a humble player that has a work ethic like no other. Whether he's on the first line or the fourth line, power play or penalty kill, he goes where he's needed most and wears his heart on his sleeve and gives it his all. He already has a very strong defensive game and was on a hot streak during midway through the regular season, mainly when Dee Centerman IV was brought over in a trade. When given the right linemates, Binder knows how to turn on that offensive playmaking ability and can feed others goals left and right. A few more years in the Juniors focusing on perfecting his offensive play will make him a very solid presence on the ice.
Code:
Word Count: 165

Task #13 - 3 TPE
A. Bean Beanman. Hands down. It would have been a 100% winrate year if we were able to keep a hold onto the long lost goalie, Bean Gamble (whatever happened to that guy?). Regardless, Bean Beanman is a man's man and I am heavily thinking of naming my firstborn Bean Bean-Beanman Beanman. - 51 Words
B. Well, now that the finals are over... you tell me! I've always been in the thought that the best offense is a good defense. When we have a good defense combined with the out of this world play of Chimkin Tendy, there's no offensive force that can stop Anchorage Armada. - 50 Words
D. Chimkin Tendy was by far my personal player of the year for Anchorage Armada. The guy was a brick wall all season long and only once or twice had a rough game. I'm so happy that my first season with the SHL I was able to be on a championship team and play in front of a goalie like this guy. I don't know where I'm going in the SHL draft just yet, but I really am not looking forward to trying to score on this guy in a few years when he has even more growth under his belt. - 100 Words

Task #14 - 2 TPE
I know everyone loves to joke on him, "Fuck Gabe" they all shout at the top of their lungs. "Oust Gabe we need a new GM" they say. But Gabe as GM is one of the biggest reasons why we were able to come away with a Cup this year. He put together one of the most deep teams I've seen in the Juniors so far next to QCC. All lines throughout the entire year (minus the pre-season) did a fantastic job and contributed to this team becoming the champion team. This plus we have a handful of players that have a 100% championship per season rate. Can't argue with the facts on this one.
Code:
Word Count: 115

Task #16 - Completed
Champions

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]