Create Account

Emerson for Everything

Every season I try and do a list of the most likely defenders to get a nomination for the Bojo. This season I started a new job and have seen my free time plummet while I get adjusted to it. To be honest the long lists are a thinly veiled attempt to hype up my player, Nat Emerson, and get paid some serious bank doing a little write up on a good number of, if not all, the defenders in the league. This season with my lack of free time I’m going to skip the act and just hype myself up because I had a really great season.

I know this is a hype piece but I’m not cocky enough to say I deserve to win awards but nominations? Yes.

Should Emerson get nominated for the Bojo?

Yes.

Emerson ended season 57 5th in the league in shot blocks with 233. He also placed 6th best among defenders in takeaways. Emerson had the second most ice time in the league at an average of 26:24 a night with the 5th most time on the PK among defenders.Once again, Emerson finished the season with the league lead in defensive game rating at 92. Admittedly, Emerson’s advanced stats are his weak point but he led the second to last in the league Platoon in goals against per 60 and corsi for % relative.

Should Emerson get nominated for the Stevens?

Yes.

Emerson did all the previously mentioned in the defensive zone and still put up 40 points. Only 21 defenders got 40 or more points this season. Every one of them was on a playoff team except for Emerson. Hitting 40 points while being top ten in shot blocks and takeaways is a feat in and of itself and more than shows Emerson being an excellent overall defender.

Should Emerson get nominated for the Mexico?

That depends how you view MVP. (this is stretch even for my grandstanding)

If you are of the mind that an MVP should be a player that can will his team into the playoffs then obviously Emerson does not fit the bill. If you are measuring it by which player has the greatest effect on his team then Emerson is up there. Emerson was involved in almost 36% of Baltimore’s goals and with some quick math prevented somewhere in the ballpark of 24 goals based off of his shot blocks and takeaways. Also, of note is that no other team’s lead scorer this season was a defenseman. The closest was Seattle’s Cassius Darrow who ranked third in points for the Argonauts. Emerson has been one of the leaders for the Platoon for the past few seasons and this season he put them on his back.

I hope this didn’t come off the wrong way. Emerson had a monster year and I want to talk about it. Maybe I get some noms maybe I don’t but hopefully I will get some “damn what a season”s.

(499 words)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Emerson4Honcho

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

#VoteNAT Platoon

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Emerson 4 Karpotsov

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

beast B)

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]