Create Account

S58 SHL Mock Draft (Pick 1-9)

Finals are either going on, or have just ended, depending on when I finish writing this, but either way we are getting closer and closer to the S58 SHL Draft. And that means its mock draft season! I needed some extra money to make sure I could get the equipment, so I thought I would start off the mock drafts, hopefully getting more people to write them, since in my opinion, mock drafts are my favorite media. Also, they are the best to right for someone that does not know a lot about the league, since there really is no wrong answers in a mock. Hope anyone is not too insulted that they aren’t on here / I did not put them as high as they wanted. When the SHL Finals finish, the draft order will finalize, and should hopefully be able to find enough time to write a part two for this. Note: All my information was from the SHL Budget Sheet 2.0, Player Analyze, and SHL/SMJHL Index, so I hope all of them have accurate information.

With the 1st pick, the Tampa Bay Barracuda pick Luc Blouin @DrunkenTeddy
66 GP, 6 G, 21 A, 27 P, -6, 124 SOG, 37 H, 39 SB

Called by some as the unanimous first overall pick, I have the Tampa Bay Barracuda taking Luc Blouin. Luckily winning the draft lottery, Barracuda have more of a chance to develop their already young team. Can say bye to the days of 0-50, mostly cause its 66 game seasons now, but also their team is improving at a great rate. Started around the Season 55 draft, Tampa Bay have collected lots of prospects, and with so many of them staying active, we are close to seeing their full potential. Blouin is the player from the user, DrunkenTeddy, who if you pay attention to the site, is the owner, and does a lot of things in the league. Their is no such thing as a surely active pick, but Blouin gets as close to surely active as possible. From what I noticed from the SMJHL Draft, teams love their recreates, and you can’t find anyone better here. Blouin sits at 320 TP, and 9th in the class, As well as just the quality of the pick, Tampa Bay is at a place where their defense is the weakest part of their team, and despite having 3-4 active defensive senddowns, I think adding a popular position in this draft class always helps.

With the 2nd pick, the San Francisco Pride pick Finn von Murphenstein @r0tzbua
66 GP, 6 G, 16 A, 22 P, -17, 86 SOG, 77 H, 59 SB

The first first gen off the board is none other than r0tzbua (Finn von Murphenstein). Known for the quality of his graphics, r0tz has already started making a lot of them, getting around 15 million in the bank, which is good for a first gen. This was a really tough choice at pick two, with all the quality players still available, but I ended up going with Finn just because his bank account was more than the other names I was looking at for this pick. San Francisco were not able to win the lottery this season, despite having the most balls, but I think they will not be too unhappy to be able to get R0tz at this pick. San Francisco are at the same spot as the Tampa Bay, as they are a very young team that is still very much developing. They have a few defensive prospects, one including the San Francisco GM himself, but they have so many wingers, and just forwards in general, that I think they will decide to take another defense.

With the 3rd pick, the Baltimore Platoon pick Friedensreich Hundertwasser @Asked Madden
66 GP, 6 G, 11 A, 17 P, -16, 94 SOG, 153 H, 55 SB

The first forward prospect off the board is noneother than TPE class leader, Friedensreich Hundertwasser. After winning fantasy this season at first place, Hundertwasser got a big boost to their TP, putting them miles ahead of everyone else in the class. But fantasy is not the only reason that they are at the top, with them getting good scores on the SMJHL Games ( 3 on 3, Primetime, Etc.), getting them ahead of class. Looking at the Baltimore Platoon, they are lacking on winger send-downs, which is where I think Hundertwasser will come in. Baltimore have also traded for the 4th overall pick, so have a chance to help their team a lot for the future. I assume they will be looking for one winger and one defender in their two picks, and though not sure on order, I will put Hundertwasser first since he has the most TP in class. Hundertwasser has been having  a great defensive season, with 153 hits and 55 shots blocked from winger.

With the 4th pick, the Baltimore Platoon (via HAM, via MIN) pick Ole Olson @Amidships
66 GP, 6 G, 22 A, 28 P, -15, 76 SOG, 98 H, 83 SB

As said before, Baltimore were able to trade for this pick, and the defender I see them taking is Ole Olson. High on many teams draft boards, Olson was a first round selection in the SMJHL Draft as well. He and Von Murphenstein have created a great defensive duo for the Carolina Kraken last season, and for the seasons to come. Baltimore has 2-3 active defensive send down prospects, but with how defensive heavy this draft’s talent is, I do not see them passing on Olson here at 4th. Olson is sitting comfortably at 6th in TP, not letting any opportunities go to waste this season. Fun Fact, 3 out of the 4 picks I have mocked so far, are all Birddogs, and all recruited by Kyamprac :eyes: . Olson looks to be in the running for rookie of the year, with a balanced 28 point season while hitting 80+ Hits and Shots Blocked.

With the 5th pick, the Seattle Argonauts pick Mew Two @zeagle1
66 GP, 7 G, 11 A, 18 P, 7, 61 SOG, 28 H, 32 SB

So from what I understand, Seattle’s Main GM pick, Tig Murphy is auto drafted to the Argonauts so they will still be able to pick someone with this pick. I really hope I am right, because it will mess up the whole draft if I am wrong. But with Tig Murphy being a defender, I see them taking a winger, and who else to take than Quebec City extrordainare, Mew Two. Another person high on GMs draft boards, Mew Two has not let anyone down this season, providing a good supporting role for the Citadelles this season. Having more of an offensive focused build, he managed 18 points this season. Right now, the Argonauts do not have too much active winger send-downs so Mew Two fits their team perfectly.

With the 6th pick, the Toronto North Stars pick Gregory Goode @Keenan
66 GP, 7 G, 32 A, 39 P, 36, 181 SOG, 22 H, 24 SB

All I can confidently tell you about the North Stars is that they will not need any wingers at this pick. With both Ryu Jones and Liam Slate coming up next season, they best focus themselves in the defensive area of the team. I see them picking up Gregory Goode with this pick. Recreate defender, so is a known quantity. One of the favorites for the rookie of the year, with a great season, Goode was only good enough to go ahead and make the SMJHL Finals with the Anchorage Armada. The only defensive send down they have is an Season 54 player, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they went with another defender with their next pick as well. Goode sits at third in TP in the class, and is pushing to become the number 1 defender in class.

With the 7th pick, the Tampa Bay Barracuda pick Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple
66 GP, 10 G, 10 A, 20 P, 0, 89 SOG, 46 H, 47 SB

Could be the #1 prospect in the draft, there is no way that you are paying attention to the SMJHL and not know Dogwood. He writes a lot of articles, most recently doing his Twitter Requested Media series. Tampa Bay have already tooken Luc Blouin with their first pick this draft, and now they can take a center in Dogwood. They only have one center send-down so Dogwood fills in the position of need and is a great prospect. Dogwood sits at 14th in TP in his class, and 311 TPE currently. Dogwood has played with a pretty balanced build, of 10 goals, and 10 assists. While also having 45 + of Shots Blocked and Hits. Dogwood is the number 1 Center prospect in the draft class, so it makes sense for him to go 7th overall.

With the 8th pick, the Buffalo Stampede (via NOLA) pick Billy Brooks @supertardis101
66 GP, 2 G, 9 A, 11 P, -40, 62 SOG, 91 H, 37 SB

Maybe dropped a little bit too much, but the second in TP, and the best defenseman in TPE, finally goes off the board. Brooks did not have too good of a season, with a -40 plus / minus and 11 points. But it was a decent start, and rookie stats don’t really say anything about a player. Another defender going into the first round, Stampede are a team that needs defenders as well. With this pick that they traded from the Specters, they can help fill up their send down pile. So far looks really weak, with only 1-2 active send downs. I believe they have another first rounder, where they could potentially get another defender for their team.

With the 9th pick, the Atlanta Inferno (via LAP) pick Danny C @DannyC
66 GP, 3 G, 14 A, 17 P, 6, 54 SOG, 51 H, 63 SB

One of the two newer expansion teams, the Inferno have traded for a pick. I do not know too much about the user, DannyC, but so far he has been close to the top of his class. A winger prospect, can fit right into the Inferno team. The Inferno only has one capped winger on the team, who is from Season 55 and is inactive. Inferno have had a good season, upsetting the Calgary Dragons in round 1, if this index is correct, and will be looking to build on that in the future. Danny C was drafted by Kelowna last season, and got 17 points for them, adding in 50 + in hits and shots blocked. [/b]

Words: 1828 + a research bonus? again dont really know how stuff works.

Nice article and thank you for the shout out! I'm actually planning a mock too, so we'll have at least two, just waiting to see if there's gonna be a double draft media closer to the date Laughing

And you are correct about Murphy being auto-drafted to Seattle. Similarly, the two co-GMs in our class (Zidane and Izzy) will get drafted to their team using their earliest 2nd round pick.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

One thing to note about my player is that it's actually my old player that was Tig Murphy the defenseman, my new player is a centre Smile nice list!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I agree with this list, aside from pick 9. For reasons.

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 07:44 PM by Zoone16.)

Love it.
We need more mock draft articles and more power ranking articles. Don't let SHN be the only ones to do these.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]