Create Account

Hunter Sharpe - The End of a Beginning

The S57 SMJHL Playoffs have come to a close and it has been a wild ride for St. Louis. After falling short to this season's Four Star Cup champions - The Anchorage Armada - the Scarecrows enter into the offseason with their heads held high. As they've picked up a lot of rookies, a lot of players got to step out on the ice for their first time and show their fans what they were capable of. One of these happens to be left-winger - Hunter Sharpe. Hunter finished the regular and playoff season with 13 points (7G, 6A) and is actually here with us today for a conversation and to look into his "dream come true" as he puts it. 

Good afternoon, Hunter. Thank you for taking the time to sit down with me today.

HS: Thank you, it's a pleasure. Thanks for having me. 

Talk to me. Are you satisfied with your performance this year? I know that you said you were looking to put up 20 points this season and you seem to have fallen just short. Where's your head at?

HS: Yeah, of course. In all honestly, I'm not satisfied with my performance this season. I'm always looking to improve and I've certainly been putting in the work on and off the ice in order to see the sort of improvement that I feel I'm working hard for. I went into this season with ambitious goals, I will admit that, and I did fall short. Instead of hanging my head low, this will only feed and fuel me to come out next season and really show what I can do. That's my mentality and it's something that my parents have instilled in me from the very beginning. My father used to always tell me this: "There's no shame in falling down, but there is shame in not getting back up." 

I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone when I say that we're glad you're keeping your head held high. Let's shift into your thoughts about your team. What was it like - from the very beginning up until now - in the St. Louis locker room?

HS: Dream. Come. True. It's been a fantastic experience and I've been so lucky to land in such a lovely locker room with a bunch of great guys. Overall, I've always felt welcomed. From the beginning when I set down my bag in the locker room, the guys have been there. After a rough period, we've always gone back into the locker room and assured each other that the team was there and that we could get back into it. We've picked up some guys along the way this season and it's always been easy to get to know them. Only the best in St. Louis.

Hunter, I have to ask you, what are your thoughts about the team's playoff performance? It's been a while since we've seen St. Louis in the quarter-finals. How did you find the victory over Kelowna in the first round?

HS: Determination and perseverance. We simply knew that we could do it. That's the best part about having a team full of new guys. Although we're still developing into the players we strive to become, our determination is through the roof. Every shift is a chance to prove our worth and every shift is played to the best of our abilities. When we were down 4-2 against Kelowna, we knew we needed a huge effort. When the buzzer sounded and ended Game 7 with us out on top, the excitement on the bench, in the locker room after the game, in the parking lot, and every second after was a complete celebration. Even though we found our exit in the next round, I - and all of St. Louis - am thrilled with how far we came. 

What now, Hunter? What do you intend to do with this offseason period? Are you looking to up to the big leagues right away?

HS: I'm going to take this offseason to kick my feet up and relax. I'm just kidding. It's important to work just as hard in the offseason as I do in the regular season. I'm only going to get stronger and come back and reach that 20 point goal that I've had since the very beginning. In terms of where I'm going, I'm not going anywhere. I'm sticking in St. Louis for as long as possible. We've got a lot of rookies on the team - lots of potential and we're not done yet. I could certainly see St. Louis finding a cup within the next few seasons and I'd be more than honored to be a part of that.

Any idea where you'll be ending up in terms of the SHL upcoming draft?

HS: I'm ready to play and give it my all regardless of who I'm playing for. Whoever picks me up will certainly be better off with me there - I can guarantee you that.

Anything else you'd like to say to those watching at home?

HS: While you're relaxing, someone is working hard. You're not the only person that wants your dream. You have to decide who wants and deserves it the most. If you're going to do something, give 110%.

Thank you, Hunter. Best of luck in the upcoming draft. This has been a 1 on 1 exclusive interview with the St. Louis Scarecrow's left-winger - Hunter Sharpe. Take care.

HS: Any time. Thanks.

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Sharpe's about to be a stud SHL player Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]