Create Account

State of the Union Follow Up

As a follow up to last week's post to gauge opinions on some certain ideas that we were discussing in HO we are posting a follow up to those topics.

Milestones

Milestones are getting restructured. The main purpose of milestones to begin with was to be a bonus for players who got milestones to skip a week or two of PT’s, as they all came up to the 40 TPE from the PT Cap. With the elimination of the PT Cap a couple seasons ago, milestones then became a system of good teams getting more TPE than worse teams, creating a system where the rich got richer.

While the inception of milestones was the right way for it, we have to restructure it. So beginning of S58 we are adding Milestones to the Championship Week and shifting the TPE earned to training camp.

So Starting S58 we are adding an extra day(3 TPE) to training camp. To pair with this we are shifting milestones into Championship Week to where you can earn up to 3 TPE towards the 16 TPE maximum for Championship Week. With this change we are reverting back to the initial purpose of milestones which makes it a bonus towards good sim play, but not a detriment for players that miss out.

Forum Reformatting/Removal of Forum Locker Rooms

To follow up on this, we are doing an opt in system of keeping Forum Locker Rooms. The main purpose of Forum Locker Rooms was to be a place where you can discuss the sim and the team as well as the main system of communication between players. It was where GMs posted SXX discussion threads and let the team know who started and how the team is going. But then things changed when Discord became the main use of communication, Forum Locker Rooms became something that wasn't being used at all. So in order to trim up the site more, we are doing an Opt In system where all the Forum Locker Rooms will be put into the archives, but you can Opt in where your Locker Room can stay if you still use it for Communications.

This is also a broader system of trimming the website up and making it a lot less cluttered. It's not a big secret that forums are not the easiest to navigate, as it is more like navigating through your computer's Folders than something that is easy to navigate.

Rulebook Location Changes
So this is something that had been a recent addition to the list of what we have done. With the addition of the rulebook to google docs for both the SHL and SMJHL Rulebook, it does not make sense to host the rulebook on the site itself, where the format of the rulebook is very complex and at times can be a pain to work with. Instead what we are doing is imbedding the google doc into the site itself.

You can find the location where it normally is
https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22

But you click on the subforum and it will redirect you to these individual links
https://simulationhockey.com/shlrulebook.php
https://simulationhockey.com/smjhlrulebook.php

Goalie Solutions
First of all I would like to thank the goalies for their patience and their feedback from the previous season that we have been working on the solution to the goalie logjam. Like many, the active backup is meant to be one part of the bigger piece of solving the issue of a goalie logjam. Now in most seasons it wouldn't be an issue, as you can have backup goalies now that can help in cases like Calgary and Manhattan where they have a regressing goalie that won't be ready to retire for a couple seasons, but have an active goalie that can replace him. But you can also see it on other teams, as we saw different teams take advantage of it, allowing semi active goalies a chance to play meaningful games.

So what we are doing is 2 things
We are offering a 1 time position switch for any goalies S56+.
Going forward, any goalie can swap positions before their SHL Draft. The swap has to be done in time of the SMJHL Finals being done, and the SHL Entry Draft.

For the goalies that want to position switch, post it in This Thread
For the goalies that are S56-S57 that are switching, for the S58 season you will still be a goalie and then the next season you'll change to the position for the S59 season. The reason why we are doing this is to not screw over SMJHL teams and allow them to plan for the S59 season when they won't have a goalie, as well as SHL teams so they have a season to plan as well.

For the goalies that are S58 onward they are allowed to have the free position change before the draft and swap positions before the start of the S58 season.

For any goalie that is below S56 and want to swap positions please message HO about it and we can work it out. We put the cutoff at S56 because most players that are S56+ are still send downs and wont impact the team for a couple of seasons. As well as when we gave the poll out the people who were open to switching positions were all S56+.

Thank you for your time and patience on this one, this was not an easy decision to make, but we feel like it is the best one to make at this time.

Expansion HomeTown Discount
With the recent cap changes, and with the cap getting tighter in a push to increase parity, home town discounts are getting utilized on all teams, except for the expansion teams since they havent been in the league for 6 seasons. This is a problem when trying to get more competitive, especially when the HTD helps with paying players and getting a roster. After talking about this subject for the season we have come up with these rules that will get followed.

Expansion teams will be able to use Home Town Discounts on a player that meets the following criteria:

- The player in question was selected by the expansion team in the expansion draft
- The player has accrued 6 consecutive seasons with 1 team. Accrued seasons carry over to the expansion team if selected in the expansion draft
- The player has not changed teams via FA or a trade in the past 6 seasons

For example: A player who has accrued 4 consecutive seasons with Team A prior to the expansion draft is selected by Expansion Team X. The player will be eligible for a HTD after completing their 2nd full season with Expansion Team X.

Index Update

The big update on the index is that the backend work from @grok and @DrunkenTeddy  is almost complete. The big thing that they did which has an impact on the user base is that they fixed the scouting bias issue, where sometimes you get a +/- 1 of a certain stat. Other stuff they did involved backend stuff that made their lives easier for automating and flow of information.

So what's left for the index is the front end work as well as playoff data. @kenvald has been great at helping out when he can, mostly with the schedule view for the index, as well as starting with other pages on the index. For the playoff data we had the algorithm written in Java, but with integration we need to convert that algorithm to bash, but we have a way to view playoff brackets in a way where it will not break.

Discord Bot
The final announcement is more of a formal announcement,  but @aaronwilson created a discord bot that is taking over what Evans discord bot plus more. If you don't have the bot in your discord I recommend getting it in your discord. The invite link is here
https://discordapp.com/api/oauth2/author...&scope=bot

Type !help to get all of the bots stats

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Can I switch from skater to GM

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Nice followup!

ha ha hey that's me

Neat

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

MILESTONES GONE

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

e

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

TLDR?

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

I was made aware of @aaronwilson 's bot just recently and immediately brought it into the Winnipeg discord. Once I get a final wrangle on how it works for some things, maybe I can finally drop my IFTTT hooks.

Top notch update!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 01:08 PM by .bojo.)

super nitpicky, but is there a reason the rulebook is in an iframe

edit: nm, i'm assuming something to do with the googs

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

01-28-2021, 01:07 PM.bojo Wrote: super nitpicky, but is there a reason the rulebook is in an iframe

Google only allows you to publish in iframe. :(

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

!help

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

01-28-2021, 01:09 PMluketd Wrote:
01-28-2021, 01:07 PM.bojo Wrote: super nitpicky, but is there a reason the rulebook is in an iframe

Google only allows you to publish in iframe. :(

Thanks, I hate it.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Appreciate the update on the index, I know some of those words! I'm looking forward to seeing the results of all the hard work, I definitely appreciate everyone donating their time it seems like a monumental task.

01-28-2021, 12:50 PMzaynzk Wrote: TLDR?

milestones replace some CW TPE if you earn them, meaning no real gain, just time saved

forum locker rooms removed unless you say you want to keep it.

S56+ goalies can swap positions. Every new goalie can swap before their SHL draft.

Index complete, needs a shiney front-end to go on the site

rulebook is good now instead of bad, in terms of where it is and how it looks

expansion teams get home town discount for expansion-drafted players who would have normally earned it with their previous team

discord bot

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]