Create Account

A Prospect You Won't Want To Miss , SMJHL S58 Draft Edition Part 2 (double media)

[Image: h1Ym52c]
(was told to re-post the article to be eligible for double media)

With the SMJHL draft coming this Sunday the scouting departments of every SMJHL team will be bouncing off the walls! With so many prospects both very new and somewhat older, tpe totals are not the number one thing to consider when it come to the SMJHL draft. I feel you're buying into the personality of someone, rather then the current tpe number associated with them. When it comes to great personalities, local American prospect   Shaq O'Neal @aidenmiz comes to mind. Currently at 166 tpe and very busy with his scouting combines, we got lucky and found a time Shaq could join us for a Skype draft interview.

Interview Hey Shaq, thanks again for joining us, we are excited to have you! Your college hockey fans on Twitter and the SMJHL scouts have a ton of questions for you, so we're going to dive right into it. Twitter user "TakeOffYourJacket" asks "With the draft just a few weeks away, have any SMJHL teams reached out to you? If so what are your thoughts about these teams."

Quote:The Berserkers and Scarecrows reached out to me about possible recruitment. Since I am new to this league, there’s not much I know about them. I had some good conversations with their recruiters.

Interview Well it seems like Newfoundland is wasting no time and is getting data on all the hot prospects for this draft! With the trade they made earlier in the season with Quebec and the trade they made with Anaheim, The Berserkers do have extra picks for the S58 draft. Looks like there's a chance we see Shaq taken with one of them.  Next question comes from Twitter user "NeverHot" and he asks if there a specific team that you want to pick you?

Quote:Well a friend of mine, @ImYolo (Hunter Sharp) is a left wing for the Scarecrows. I am also registered as a right wing, so we could possibly make a great scoring duo. So the St. Louis Scarecrows are my ideal destination in the draft.

Interview If St. Louis is to select you, coaches might consider this duo as the chemistry boost could really work some magic. Plus playing with the bros is always a more fun experience. NCB Hockey analyst Mike Babcock wanted us to ask about your draft predictions and personal motivation. "What round do you think you’ll get drafted in? Why should teams draft you above other prospects? What makes you different? "

Quote:I’m expecting to be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round, I think I have plenty of potential and a lot of saved up TPE, but at the moment there are probably many better prospects. Teams should draft me because of my potential. I am an extremely aggressive and determined scorer. Everyday I take opportunities to get TPE to use in the future, and I can save that to upgrade whatever will help my team win. I don’t care about my individual stats, I just want to do anything I can to make my team win, which makes me different from others.

Interview Who doesn't love a team first mentality! Getting those W's requires a lot of work and it is great to hear that you are ready to hit the ground running once training camp opens up. Going back to twitter, "TheRealShaq" wants to know how do you think your first SMJHL season is going to go? what kind of predictions do you have?

Quote:For my rookie season I predict I’ll get a decent amount of goals. I don’t think I’ll have a huge breakout season, I think I’ll be a decent contributor to whichever team is lucky enough to have me. Once I get used to the site, using TPE, and training, my player is only going to get better and better. I expect my stats to gradually improve as the year goes on.

Interview Like a tea kettle gets hotter and hotter until it's blowing all its vapor, constant growth is definitely a very attractive prediction that might even increase your draft stock. That's all the time we have on todays episode, but before we go, Shaq, leave us with some words of wisdom please.

Quote:Don’t sleep on Big Shaq
*clicks end call button*

Code:
700 words, please split profits 50/50 with aidenmiz for his contributions to this article

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

@aidenmiz WHAT A BEAST

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows