Create Account

Krišs ''Krish'' Dārziņš offseason press conference
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 06:03 AM by lilstifler.)

Hi, it's me Krish Darzinsh

This was my 2nd season in big league [S56 50GP, 10G, 22A, 32P] [S57 66GP, 8G, 21A, 29P]
So for you to know, I'm from Latvia. I'm right winger in Seattle Argonauts. I'm not very active at media and it's been a long time ago since I posted something here.  Argonauts Towel

And I will be very happy to get some questions from you.

So lets's go !

@hhh81 guestions:

What are you most excited about heading into your third season in the SHL?

Actually, I'm excited about everything. We have new teammates and they aren't rookie level players they are really good pro players. I'll be glad to play with them and I hope that I will help them to play the best hockey as they can. First two seasons wasn't the best for us but also wasn't that bad at all. We are a new team with a lot of young players so I think that this will be our year. 

@The__Y-man__100 questions:

When can we expect the Seattle Argonauts to make the playoffs?

As I said before I think that S58 will be our year. That means I think we will reach play-offs this season. We are ready for that. We have great defenders, great goalie, forwards also aren't that bad. We can do big things next season. 

Do you see them signing a free agent to speed up the building process? if so who do they sign?

It's hard question and it's our GM work to do that. We as players don't think about that. We need to focus on our play so yea. And now, we have a very good team and I don't think that we need new players. Maybe next season to upgrade our forward line.

Were you surprised to see that Cassius Darrow did not re-sign long term with the team?

I am not surprised at all. That's his decision. Short term contracts doesn't mean that he don't want to play here. It's just his decision. That's it. 

Who is Seattle's biggest rival and why?

Atlanta Inferno, why? Because our team and thems established same time. Yes, they were better than us last 2 seasons but wait until we will put our game to the fifth gear.

@TheSparkyDee guestions:

Why is Tig your GM?

Because he is the best man to do that job here in Seattle. I like him as GM, he do the right things to upgrade team and reach highest results from season to season.

@reid questions:

Favourite thing about Seattle the city?

I like city at all. Of course I haven't that really seen it cause when I joined team, covid-19 was around us. Then all lockdowns started and we needed to be safety if we want to play. But that what I see is very good. This is my 2nd home after Latvia of course. People around me is very kind and thats what I respect in people.

Favourite thing about Seattle the team?

The team has a very fun and responsive collective that will help at any moment. There is no level sorting, everyone is like one healthy and no one is marginalized. I certainly like our collective.

You seem to have found a home in seattle after a couple trades... what about it made it that way?

It was a coincidence of different circumstances that I was involved in different transactions. From Hamilton to Wolfpack, then again to San Francisco. It was a tough time. I remember not even moving out of some of my belongings because I suspected I would be changed again. I actually left San Francisco myself, asked the coach not to protect me for wanting a new team. And here I am. Happy exactly Seattle.

Super excited to have you as a new teammate! Argonauts

I'm super excited, too. This will be a good season for us !  Argonauts

@notorioustig questions:

Any personal goals for this next season?

I want to reach big things with the team, so let's say I want the team to reach the Play-Off games first. Secondly, I want to beat my success record in the big league. I want to finally be really noticed in the context of the whole league. And I would also like to extend the contract with this team during the season, if there is such an offer. I'm here for a long time.

@bdu754 questions: 

How do u get the beeg yoshi?

Haha.. This is hard question because there are things that I don't understand after that long time here.. American humor is a little hard for me.. But that doesn't mean that it's bad. I just don't understand.

Favorite part about being an Argo?

The favorite thing is certainly to be a teammate, to be one big community. There are no individuals, there is only a team, and that is the most important thing. And, of course, food in this city is also at the level. It's for humor.

@Nhamlet questions:

What kind of advice do you have for the many Latvian prospects coming into the SHL?

Definitely asking for help if needed. The beginning is difficult, but the man can cope with everything. I can also recommend being active, performing all tasks and improving my game. Communication, too, is important for anyone to see you at all. You need to be actively involved in team life. Maybe there will ever be a team in the league from the Latvian side. It would be fantastic.

ready for grading

What are you most excited about heading into your third season in the SHL?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM by The__Y-man__100.)

- When can we expect the Seattle Argonauts to make the playoffs?

- Do you see them signing a free agent to speed up the building process? if so who do they sign?

- were you surprised to see that Cassius Darrow did not re-sign long term with the team?

- who is Seattle's biggest rival and why?

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Why is Tig your GM?

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Favourite thing about Seattle the city?

Favourite thing about Seattle the team?

You seem to have found a home in seattle after a couple trades... what about it made it that way?

Super excited to have you as a new teammate! Argonauts

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Any personal goals for this next season?

Argonauts

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

1: How do u get the beeg yoshi?

2: Favorite part about being an Argo?

Argonauts

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

What kind of advice do you have for the many Latvian prospects coming into the SHL?

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]