Create Account

Replanting the Maine Forest [Draft Media x2]

At the end of Maine’s playoff run, the team saw eight Trees leave its mighty forest. Three veteran defensemen, and five forwards to be exact. The team had been slashed and burned with few saplings left to hold the soil together. This draft was paramount to refill the holes left behind. Thankfully we had a deep draft class to help out with a lot of our late picks.
Going into this draft, not only did the head office have their work cut out for them. But it was also a brand new head office doing the replanting.
Without further adieu, let’s look at who our new GM, Toast @Toast and Krash took.

#5OA
Miguel Hefeweizen - Center - 212 TPE @ZootTX
With Maine’s first pick we went with a smaller than average Timber. Standing at 6’-2” he is tall amongst most people but in this forest he is on the smaller side. Coming out of Vienna Austria we are happy to add the incredibly quick Hefeweizen. Explosive right out of the gate he will get past most defenders with ease. Happy to call Miguel a fellow Tree

#22OA
Julian Kazarine  174 TPE @tcookie
Maine’s second pick went even smaller, but much faster. This right winger out of Geneve Switzerland is fast, agile, and has solid hockey IQ on both sides of the puck. Easily seeing plays develop is going to be a boon for this young man. Welcome to the Forest Julian!

#34OA
Maxime Allard 175 TPE @iRockstar
Coming in at 6’-4” and 205lbs Main is back to form in their third pick from Gatineau Canada. We have a fast skating, accurate passer. With Maine losing the likes of Walton Stomberg and Calvin Hobbes we are in need of skilled players in the Center position. Maxime looks like he might fill that nicely after a bit of training. Happy to have this Canadian on the team. 

#37OA
Bloody Oath  208 TPE @dasboot
With our number 4 pick, Maine decided to take a mountain of a man to help out our first mountain in net. This 6’-5”, 210 lb goalie out of Australia will be a nice addition for our starting goalie Bigga. Bigga will take this giant under his wing and teach him the way of the samurai and goalie, turning him into our second Samurai Goalie.

#46OA
Shaq O’Neal  180 TPE @aidenmiz
Before the draft I thought we had some large men on the team, but then I took a look at our fifth pick and realized he dwarfs the entire team. At 6’-11” this tower will be well over 7’ when he is laced up. Tukums Latvia has produced this specimen that is jaw dropping. While we have him in our wings, he looks to play just as hard defensively as he does on the offense. I feel bad for anyone that takes an open ice hit from this 300lb behemoth. He is a Lodgepole in a forest of standard pine.

#48OA
Janne Virtanen 212 TPE @Deng
Pick six brings the height back down to the realm of normalcy. Janne Virtanen comes in from Helsinki to fill in some holes on the Defense. This well rounded defensive rookie seems to be a Jack Of All Trades, and a master of accuracy while shooting. Hopefully he can provide some offensive power to the blue line. 

#55OA
Steven Thomas 184 TPE @LightningDragon
A second Lodgepole joins the team, coming in at 6’-7” from Ireland this Winger looks like he would be clumsy with the puck, but he can deke with the best of them. With a little work on his agility and balance, he will be flying past defensemen with grace. Can 6’-7” be graceful? We like to think so. And if that doesn’t work, then he will lay down crushing blows on the forecheck. We gladly welcome this Irish Tree.

#58OA
Kaito Bouchard 163 TPE @rjc_bouchard
With Maine’s 8th and final pick, we went back to Japan to bring in this 6’-4” defensman to Maine. While he isn’t much for shooting or being offensive. This pure wrecking ball of a man lays down hit after hit. Whether it be on the open ice or in the corner protecting his goalie, this man knows how to get physical. Maine will have its work cut out for them to make him more well rounded, but there is one thing we know for sure, we dont have to tell him how to play defense.

So with 8 new trees added to our very proud forest, I want to say WELCOME TO MAINE BOYS. Glad to have you with us and excited to watch you all grow into very sturdy trees.

WC - 782

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Welcome trees!  Timber Timber Timber

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Excited to see how our new trees develop! Timber Timber Timber

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Timber Excited to be one of the Forest!  Timber

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Welcome new Trees!  Timber Timber Timber Timber

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Ah, Maine has turned over a new leaf. They are really branching out with these new players. I hope they can stick it out and win it all.

Good luck new trees! Maine was awesome to me and I know it'll be great for you folks too. Smile

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

is this anti-deforestation?

02-02-2021, 05:40 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: is this anti-deforestation?
Its professional gardening.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

02-02-2021, 06:09 PMSewingWithNancy Wrote:
02-02-2021, 05:40 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: is this anti-deforestation?
Its professional gardening.

tree farmers... i see