Create Account

SMJHL All-Star Committee Head End-of-Season Presser
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 02:03 AM by JURT.)

Hello there,

I have just concluded my first season as SMJHL All-Star Committee Head. Lots of things were learned, lots of ideas are coming.

Ask any question you might have about this season's All-Star and All-Rookie teams, or about anything related to the whole SMJHL All-Star world!

02-11-2021, 09:31 AMJumbobone19 Wrote: Congrats on first year completed.

Was there any one player that just stood out above the rest when looking at the teams?

Was anything completely different than what you thought or expected?

Whats your favorite award?

I think Jasper Maximov from Québec is the one that stood out the most for people on the committee, myself included. He had great stats all-around and really stood out amongst defensemen. The only place "weak" stat he had was his Takeaways/Giveaways ratio, and that might just be because it's hard to take the puck away when your team is always in control of it.

There isn't a forward or goalie who had as many first-place votes. Forwards were very split between Zdenko Beranek, Josh Dolphin and Jarmo Kekalainen. The top two goalies were very close, and you could take every goalie not named Bigga Foryu or Chimkin Tendy, add their votes, and still not get remotely close to the amount of votes either of Foryu and Tendy got.

A lot was as expected, but I think what surprised me most in the results was how every team but one had a player on either All-Star Teams OR the All-Rookie one.

My favorite Award is the Onoprienko. I almost said the Holmes, but I think the Onoprienko one for most underrated can have more of an impact (having been nominated for it thrice and never winning it has nothing to do with that). We heard all those great stories for the Onoprienko nominations that Trips read during the Awards Show (on which I am very glad to have contributed with the All-SMJHL Teams reveal) and it truly embodies what this league really is about. I personnally remember it being the first nomination I had, in my first season (obviously I didn't win) but just that nomination really motivated me to go above and beyond after that and I hope it continues to have this effect on people.

Code:
[398 Words, Ready for grading]

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Congrats on first year completed.

Was there any one player that just stood out above the rest when looking at the teams?

Was anything completely different than what you thought or expected?

Whats your favorite award?

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs