Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #3 - Adversary Analysis

There's always that one team that you can't seem to beat, and it seems like no matter what you do they just have you figured out. Likewise, every season there is always a team that your squad is just well-suited to play against so it ends up being a fun encounter. Who are those teams for you so far? Feel free to ask your GMs if you need any information!

Written Option: Write about teams that your SMJHL team or player have either performed especially well or poorly against so far this season. What do you think are the reasons for the results going like they did? (150+ words)

Graphic Option:  Create an infographic comparing your team and a team you did especially well or poorly against. Include 3+ stats from games between each other.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S58 SMJHL Rookies (S59 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline  Sunday, February 28th @ 11:59 pm Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I was definitely drafted to the right team. The Quebec City Citadelles are pretty much the best team in the SMJHL. They lead everyone in points, and also goal differential. The team is, in my opinion as I'm not well versed in hockey stats, by centre Brian Davenport and right wing Mew Two. Davenport is currently leading the league in goals with 12. His shooting percentage is solid at 20% and is near the top of the league in points as well. Mew Two is also tied with Davenport in points with 20. The goalie duo tandem, Mat Smith and Tyler Ward are at the top of league in terms of goals against average, averaging under 2 goals. Plus, they combine for a total of 4 shutouts. The defense is also great lead by right defense Boris Petrov and left defense Jari Heikkinen. Petrov leads the league in hits by a HUGE margin with already 100+ in his name and both are near the top in terms of defensive game rating. Overall, the team is propelled by solid starters all across the ice. The backups are also no slouch with their constant TPE earnings. At this rate, there is no doubt that QCC will be first in their conference, and will definitely be a force in the playoffs.

Code:
218 words

ISFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 04:03 AM by yonggarius.)

ISFL PT

ISFL PT

ISFL Affiliate  (Username is Punter715 in the ISFL)

ISFL PT (username is SamTwoSix)

[Image: eandrews.png]

While the Berserkers have had success against most of the SMJHL so far this season, it seems we’ve found most of our success so far against the Anaheim Outlaws. We have played them 4 times this season and are 4-0 against them, including three wins in a row in Anaheim. All 4 games have been high scoring, and it seems the main reason we’ve been able to come out ahead is due to our stamina. We have had a lot of 3rd period goals against Anaheim, and with them being a younger team in the SMJHL it seems their stamina is not as good as ours, allowing us to be aggressive in the 3rd to take advantage of their tired players. In reference to their players being younger, they are a team in a rebuild while we are pushing for the Cup, so the differences in where our two teams are is also a factor in why we’ve been successful against Anaheim.

162 words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Vancouver has ended up being the team I have been the most effective against. We have played them in 3 different games and I have a point in each game, 2 from goals and 1 on an assist. I feel like Lebron just has a nose for scoring against them. I think part of it is due to the fact the other wing who lines up with me, Hunter Sharpe, also seems to have good games against them so he is able to feed me the puck when I am open and able to knock in some very difficult shots. I also think some of it can be due to the fact Lebron Brady doesn't like how cold it is in Canada so he takes his anger out on Vancouver. I am not for sure on that one but it seems like a fair guess, I don't like the cold myself. I hope I can continue my great performances against them and let them know I own Canada (please no get mad :D).

175 Total Words

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 11:28 AM by ValorX77.)

The Anaheim outlaws have been struggling as of late, well, it doesn’t help that the team mainly consists of 3 or 4 send downs, and the rest being made up of rookie players like myself. We’ve done extremely well against the St Louis Scarecrows, despite the recent loss against them in St Louis, the scoring has been quite solid, the only real issue about the team is they consistently blow short leads or give up a goal on the first or second shot in the game. I literally scored my first ever goal against St Louis, I’ve put up a goal and 2 assists against them. Against other teams however, the weakness has been exposed, as the team’s defense is literally not good, leaving the young goaltenders out for the wolves, which explains why teams such as Quebec, Anchorage, and Newfoundland, udder crush Anaheim by their scoring depth alone, and only need an ok defense to silence Anaheim.

162 words

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 04:27 PM by steveoiscool.)

The team Sven can't stand is the Nevada Battleborn, and it's easy to see why. The Battleborn have seem to had the Whaler's number lately, with the Battleborn taking all three contests to date between the two. But no, the reason is even more simple than that. Sven hates losing, but the only thing that can possibly make that worse is losing to another Sven. Sven Gunnar is a prolific Center for the Nevada Battleborn, and he had an outstanding game the last meeting between the two, notching 2 goals and an assist. Svech has taken that personally, and has started using that game specifically as motivation for the upcoming stretch until the next meeting with the Battleborn, where hopefully Svech will be able to enact his revenge on Gunnar first, then the rest of the Svens in the league. No Sven is safe from the fury of Svech and he will not stop until all other Svens acknowledge his dominance.

(161 words)

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Um the team that we can't seem to beat is definitely Quebec City. I think that the reason we can't beat them is because of the fact that they have a very potent powerplay and can play any time to any line and beat us. I feel that if ours rookies do our tasks and stay focused at the task at hand maybe we can beat them. I think that we can beat them and we have the team to do that I feel as if we can be the team to beat eventually and beat all the teams we can't beat. I feel as if all we need help at is the penalty kill we should be good and little bit more offense then we should be able to beat these teams that we can't beat and start to beat them eventually it's not going to happen over night it's going to take time to beat these teams but I feel as if we can do it in the coming seasons. Well if we get swept by these guys it maybe open to some changes to make sure that we get the things that we need in order to beat these guys and eventually we will do that and hopefully soon. I wish that this can happen now but it can't happen some teams are better at ither things that we can't beat those teams at it's going to take time but eventually it will happen. At this point we can work on the stuff we need to work on and eventually upgrade the penalty kill later and upgrade offense now. I hope that this is just the beginning of things turning around for this team and here's to beating those teams we can't beat. So that we can have a better future for other future players in the league. Let's go Scarecrows
326 words

ISFL PT Affiliate

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

ISFL affiliate PT

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

My team, the Maine Timber, has been having a tough going this season so far. We've been struggling a lot, but instead of complaining, I'm working on making Shaq O'Neal the best player possible to help my team as much as possible. Out of our many tough losses, the worst was against Quebec City,  in a 7-0 loss. I played awful that game, with an overall game of 52. After some upgrades, we went against Quebec City again and Shaq's grade jumped to a career-best 62. But we lost 6-1 regardless, so it is evident that the whole team needs to play better. But on a struggling team, I hope Shaq can get some more playing time to continue to develop his player in his inconsistent rookie year so far. Hopefully next season, once the rest of the rookies and I get into our groove, and everyone's players get improved, we can bounce back, unless we turn things around this season.

[Image: TPPfR7m.png]
credit to @Carpy48!