Create Account

S58 PT #5 New Award

Written task: The end of the SHL season is just about upon us. I guess afterwards there's something called the playoffs, but after that is awards time! It's such an exciting time, however the downside is there's only like 12 awards and based on the number of responses to PTs we have like 200 players hoping to earn one. Those numbers seem a bit skewed to me... So create an award that even your bum-ass player can win (and if you're a good player, your bum-ass recreate). What is the award called and what is it awarded for? Why are you the recipient?(150+ words)
Graphic task: What does this new award look like? List the three finalists and some sort of stats to compare them in whatever categories this award is awarded for.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Monday, March 15th at 11:59PM ET (sorry for the late post, I'll be extended this PT an extra day)

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2021, 12:15 AM by Faelax.)

ISFL PT

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 08:22 PM by hockeyiscool.)

[Image: unknown.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 07:24 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

J'utilise ma passe pour les tâches de point

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 02:01 PM by sve7en.)

The award Jimmy Wagner would win is the Most Exciting Player award. This award would generally be awarded to players who create a lot of game actions, have dynamic playstyles, and are fun to watch as a neutral fan. Wagner was all of those, especially this season as he and Keith Lee led the league in total corsi events due to the former's athleticism and speed combining with a lack of defensive coverage and a relatively weak defensive core in Los Angeles. Wagner would be a neutral fan's biggest name brand, making everyone at least pay attention to the game when he's on the ice for one reason or another because something would happen for either LAP or their opponents, and since it was close to a tossup with his 3.1 to 3.2 goals per 60 for and against, those corsi events aren't even reliant on being a bad player.

156 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

The award that Sean Gatez would win would be the Golden Bruise award. This player is out on the ice skating around and participating in the game, but is sacrificing their body to the hockey gods and throwing all of their body parts in front of the puck, as well as into other players. Goalies are nicely padded up and ready to take a 100mph slapshot, but the Golden Bruise player is diving face first in front of that frozen rubber disk. Gatez is just one giant bruise at this point. We keep offering him heavy pads since he refuses to not not be a wall, but he says they will just slow him down. Last season Gatez was a producing offensive player, this year he has really decided to lay off on a good chunk of offense and really focus on becoming a second goalie for the Maine Timber. And in doing so, he is a prime candidate for the Golden Bruise.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

PBE Affiliate - Username Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 07:37 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written task: The end of the SHL season is just about upon us. I guess afterwards there's something called the playoffs, but after that is awards time! It's such an exciting time, however the downside is there's only like 12 awards and based on the number of responses to PTs we have like 200 players hoping to earn one. Those numbers seem a bit skewed to me... So create an award that even your bum-ass player can win (and if you're a good player, your bum-ass recreate). What is the award called and what is it awarded for? Why are you the recipient?(150+ words)

My player is unlikely to ever win a current SHL award and I am nearing the end of my career. However there is a brand new SHL award that is being created and I believe that I have a legitimate shot at winning it.

The new award is the "Best Locker-Room presence" aka the "Dank Memer Award" The Locker room chatter and shenanigan's is one of the most vital parts of forming team relationships and is often overlooked. However there is no real way to award individuals who provide good locker room morale so this award will go to people who provide a good time whenever they are in the locker room. The  Blizzard LR is always a good time and memey time as well. Hopefully I will win this award as I am unlikely to win another SHL award  Sad My emote game is strong within our LR due to being a Discord nitro user and having access to global and gif emotes. Also me and muford trade dad jokes almost everyday whenever we see each other in the discord as well. 

(183 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 07:01 PM by Dextaria.)

The award that Ryosuke Sato would win this season is the Ryosuke "I can't get the puck past the goalie for the life of me" Sato Award for the player with over 100 shots on the season and the worst shooting percentage. As you can see, Sato takes the cake this season with 123 shots on net and only 2 goals to show for it. That's a 1.63 shooting percentage on the season. Only 7 players had fewer goals than Sato. 5 of them had fewer time on ice compared to Sato and the remaining 2 had less than 70 shots on the season. It really is no competition for this award as it will certainly be given to Ryosuke Sato this season. The next runner up would be his fellow Toronto North Stars teammate Ursin Zimmermann with 134 shots and only 3 goals for a shooting percentage of 2.24% on the season. Also, Poopity Scoop had 3 goals on 112 shots for a shooting percentage of 2.68%. However, his time on ice of over 23 minutes could put him in the discussions as well.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

[Image: 9800c050cb2225521c1def7b62759d5f.jpg.png]

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

The award that I am adding is not for me, but it is for a few of my friends who have been hoping to secure an award for a long time. I call it the Teddy Park award and its for most fights lost. Whoever loses the most fights will get this award, not for success or intimidation but for trying his best to stick up for his teammates. Some players are simply not good at fighting but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try, which is why I have invented an award that gives players a chance to get an award just like the big boys even though they are small and bad. This award will need some clarification, though, because people who are good at fighting might just lose a lot because they fight a lot and still win a respectable number. For this reason, a panel of judges must decide on a year by year basis whether a player has shown an exemplary lack of fighting skills, and also if that person has fought enough to deserve the award. Someone who fights one dude, loses badly, and never fights again doesn't deserve an award. But if someone takes 50 fights and loses 40 with the remaining 10 being ties, that person should consider themselves eligible for the least prestigious award in SHL history.

[Image: pub?w=620&h=349]
[Image: pub?w=1816&h=100]