Create Account

S58 PT #5 New Award

If I were to create a new award for the Simulation Hockey League, I would create a two part award that awards the player with the best plus minus in the league, and the player with the most plus minus in the league. I chose this stat specifically because it is basically the most useless stat I could find on the index that isn't really dumb to write about, plus it'll give more awards to players. The player with the highest plus minus in the league will receive a plaque with a massive plus in the middle of it that has their name engraved on it, and the player with the lowest plus minus in the league will receive a plaque with a massive minus in the middle that has their name engraved on it. In the SMJHL, the current leaders in the plus category are Kappa Kappa with +46, Yuuto Kira Cloudera Jr. with +45, and Tres Sombreros with +39. The leaders in the minus category are Lucas Kaiser with -38, Janne Virtanen who also has -38, and Shirakai Fubuki who has -33. They would be the current finalists for their respective "awards" and we look forward for the league to actually implement this useless award.

207 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

The award I would propose is the best 350 capped SMJHL player. Honestly, I am probably in contention for MVP since Flex's build he gave me is so OP and QCC is so amazing, but there are so many fantastic 350 capped second year players who deserve recognition. Rookies have the rookie of the year award, but second year players tend to get lost in the shuffle of things. I'm sure this award would be a pain for the committee to sort through, as they would have to check to see who was 350 capped and who was not, but hey, this is a PT response. Maybe call it the rising star award or something to emphasize that it's not as important as MVP or any of the other major awards, but it is still something that should be considered. I know Mew Two would like some recognition for the hard work he has done, so make it happen please!

Code:
160 words

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

PT Pass

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

The SHL award I would make would be biggest bust and I would give it to myself preemptively. Everyone just wait, I peaked in my SMJHL rookie year winning most underrated and now I'm gonna be the worst high-earning goalie of all time, sorry Chicago. As for my other finalists, well I don't want to name names but you asked for it. First finalist would be Elizabeth Doyle, who's only awards and honours in the SHL are making the all-rookie team and 1st all-star team, and winning the Jesster, Honcho (twice), McBride, Razov, the president's trophy (twice), the Chouinard, and the Challenge Cup. The other finalist would be Zdenko Beranek, because he is the self-proclaimed worst 1st overall pick in the Quebec City Citadelles' history. Now that I think about it, if these two are my biggest competition then I'm gonna win every season and it isn't even gonna be close because they're both kinda good I guess.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I'm going to create the William Hartmann award for the player who is deemed to be the worst defensive forward in the league. This season, I'm making a pretty good case for it myself, as I have somehow managed to put up 51 points this season with 25 goals. However, Hartmann is tied for tenth in the league and second on his own team for the unwanted title of Most Giveaways with 48. He got the point total by skating on the same line as peak centre Jon Forty-One and scoring race candidate Barrett Blackwood. After all, the aim of the game is to score more goals than the opponent in each game, and all of that defensive utility just gets in the way. There's nothing quite like watching a player put up gobs of points being carried by higher TPE linemates while contributing absolutely nothing when he isn't on defense, other than standing in the way and having pucks hit him sometimes, which Hartmann has done a mere 35 times this season.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I'm not just creating one award, I'm creating many. These awards aren't handed out on a yearly basis but are rather re-evaluated when a player who is eligible for the award reaches the end of their SMJHL career. This array of awards recognizes the best overall player drafted at any given position in their respective draft class. Of course, this means that Kev Kevens would win the trophy of best ever 79th overall draft pick. With the large number of players drafted into the league each and every season, there will be fierce competition for each of these awards and the best 79th pick is no exception. To earn this coveted award I'll have to prove myself worthy over my legendary competitors Cam Nosreh and Mike Kokkinju, but in the end I strongly believe that Kev Kevens will be crowned the winner. These awards give each and every player in the SMJHL a guaranteed nomination for at least one award in their career and for some players, a very strong chance of winning an award where there otherwise wouldn't be a suitable individual award for them to win.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

My award would be called the "Emojii Master" award which would be given out to the most Emojji's used in a discord locker room. The Emoji master is someone who communicates mostly through emoji and can express their thoughts easily using them. Liam Slate would win this award easily because Slate happens to be an Emoji king from the pepe's to current memes. Liam Slate is known in Newfoundland for his amazing use of emoji's to bring discussion to the team. Liam Slate happens to be the best emoji user in the league easily. He has flawless uses of pepe's and has one for every occasion. Liam Slate even had his own emote that is for his signature "Sad" commentary which is a emoji of his well known profile picture holding a "Sad" sign. Liam Slate is an elite emoji poster and there is little anyone can do to stop him. There may be some challengers, but at the end of the day Liam is the Emoji Master of discord.

Code:
174 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

What is the award called? Well, I have no idea what the award would be called, but I think it's going to be for the best Written Point tasks. This will be awarded to the person that does the most interesting posts during that season of Point Tasks. It would be so annoying to do the grading, so it's not really like anyone does any research before voting anyway, so this would be no different. I mean, you could look at all the pretty graphics and read some of the point tasks. I am guessing someone should do that anyway, so it is not necessarily that much more work. I feel like it'd be a cool way to see what people are writing about and interested in. I think you could look at grammar, creativity, and just fun. I think this would be a cool award that would be worth giving something for. Hell, I think this one would win. Gib trophy.

Words: 165

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

The award I am adding for myself is the "Best Player On A Team That Is Stacked But Hasn't Won An Award Since Juniors Hockey Award" because give me some recognition please. There's plenty of players on stacked teams like me who have done really well but haven't won anything since juniors, or maybe nothing at all. For example, Rhys Pritchard on Toronto hasn't won anything since Rookie of the Year in junior hockey. Alexander Wachter may have won a Four Star bur he was never individually decorated whilst playing for the Carolina Kraken. These two are both having great seasons for the Toronto North Stars and Texas Renegades respectively but have no real silverware individually to show for their Simulation Hockey League efforts so far. I'm not just thinking of myself here; I am thinking for other players who may not get the appreciation they deserve on a big stacked team.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 01:05 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Written task: The end of the SHL season is just about upon us. I guess afterwards there's something called the playoffs, but after that is awards time! It's such an exciting time, however the downside is there's only like 12 awards and based on the number of responses to PTs we have like 200 players hoping to earn one. Those numbers seem a bit skewed to me... So create an award that even your bum-ass player can win (and if you're a good player, your bum-ass recreate). What is the award called and what is it awarded for? Why are you the recipient?(150+ words)

Graphic task: What does this new award look like? List the three finalists and some sort of stats to compare them in whatever categories this award is awarded for.

graphic task:

[Image: vbJkukj.jpg]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Wow when you think about the award that I could win its going to be hard since I am a 4th line center. I could do like most bum player in the league I would maybe win that - or like the best player who has his GM put in updates for him, that would be an award I could win. I'm basically a glorified GM bot for the Inferno lol. Anyways the award that I know I would win is the most slm player in the league. iam slm after all and no one comes close to be in that category and it is who I am so definitely saying the most slm player in the league would be me. Now the question would be why the hell would SHL have an award for just me? Great question and I got nothing for ya. That being said who cares. This is a great PT prompt and here I am to talk about being the most slm player in the league.

This is a carry over from a one, @Frick_Nasty, from a couple seasons back. This Award would go to the player that would make The Lady Byng roll in her grave,
“This player adjudged to have exhibited the absolute worst type of sportsmanship and ungentlemanly conduct combined with the hard hitting standard of playing ability.”
This awards would be named after the holiest of the Saints... Saint Chad. The CHAD Trophy would be awarded to the player that is exhibits the greatest of CHAD tendancies while skating the great skate. Obviously, I, DeMaricus Smyth, would win this award this season as I lead the league in Penalties, Fights, and Hits. Obviously penalties already has the Turd Furgeson award, so in this situation Minor penalties that draw a PowerPlay/PK would be a negative factor in the CHAD Trophy, but the semantics are for the numbers guys. The numbers guy, Joey Numbers.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

[Image: pvevOFn.png]

The North Star Award, given to the best team to miss the Playoffs based on wins and goal differential. So named for the Toronto North Stars, who have been sparking this discussion for the last couple of seasons.

S57 Nominations for the North Star Award

Toronto North Stars: 34-26-6, +11 Goal Diff.
Seattle Argonauts: 22-42-2, -81 Goal Diff.
Minnesota Monarchs: 21-42-3, -71 Goal Diff.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

You know one of the first thing they tell you when you're a kid in PE? The most important thing is to participate. Kaapo Kampainen doesn't necessarily play to be flashy and he surely doesn't play to wow the fans with dirty dangles and highlights reel plays. It keeps things simple and sticks to the fundamentals and his hockey IQ. However, he always gives his 100% every night, even in a losing season, which makes him one of the hardest workers in the entire SMJHL. He may not win any scoring title, nor will he get noticed by the casual fans, but those who appreciate good hockey know Kampainen is one to watch. I think he would certainly win an award given to the most reliable player, who gives his 100% every night. His progression since he started is phenomenal, even making it to the All-Star Game this year. He surely came a long way from his disastrous first season with the Outlaws.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

My new award will be the good season award. This is for guys that had a pretty insane season, but didn't get and MVP nom or win the MVP. Like for example I had a good season last season, but didn't win MVP or get nominated. Guys like Theo Morgan, Luffy, Ola Wagstrom, you know, guys that went nuts but didn't go super duper nuts. I think its a good idea. Maybe a lowest PDO award officially recognizing the most unlucky players in the league, I could've won that in the J I think. Sadge. Too many awards showing off good players, how about the bad players? Oh maybe a Sophomore of the year award. Plenty of guys could've won last season but I kinda went nuts and made it impossible to compete really? So maybe Mats Marner or another guy that also did really well can have recognition. Maybe an all class team every season? Like the S54 all SHL team so on and so forth.

[Image: rotti.gif]