Create Account

S58 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:33 PM by Nhamlet.)

Code:
Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?
I think going into the season, there were rumblings about the potential for Toronto to make it into the playoffs ahead of one team in Buffalo, Chicago or Hamilton. I don’t know how many people took it seriously, thinking that at best that it would be a close race for 3rd. While that did end up being the case in the end, maybe the most surprising is how comfortably Toronto held 2nd over Buffalo and Chicago. They simply were consistent where Buffalo and Chicago regularly dropped opportunities throughout the season and that was the difference in them securing a playoff spot for the first time in ages. Buffalo had possibly much lower lows and incredibly higher highs than Chicago. Even in the start of the season where they started off the season winless, they were still able to pick up a few overtime wins at the beginning. Unlike Chicago who lost in regulation more often than they should have and just enough that it mattered in the end as opposed to picking up a few overtime points.

Code:
Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?
It easily has to be the ability to play without any punishment from penalties/offsides/icing as the home team. While the extra man advantage would be a boon especially to either teams as deep as either Buffalo or Hamilton, the fact that they could play at their full potential and possibly even beyond as they would be allowed to make as many illegal plays as possible, gives an inevitable edge that all 5 players would have over their opposition even with an extra body. You’d almost be able to commit murder, absolutely smash the ever living soul out of them and continue to benefit if they were to make an illegal play.

Code:
Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
Every season for the J it seems that inevitably that the top bracket half is the topic of choice because of how the semifinals is the true finals, with the winner of the semis being the cup winner just about every single time. I’m going to go in a different and biased route with saying that Newfoundland was another best team not to make the finals. Going into the series, Anchorage seemed to have Newfoundland’s number all season and the playoffs were no different. While the Berserkers had a dominant defense in allowing the least amount of shots of any team, struggled to prevent Anchorage from scoring with those limited chances, and failing to score despite controlling possession the majority of the games.

Code:
Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.
a. While Buffalo did finish behind in points, much of it is due to their lack of consistency at the start of the season. After adding Dick Clapper who was recently on Hamilton last season as a bit of an irony, they may have the depth to make a difference in a shorter series. At least, they have heartbreaker Steve Harrington

b. I think I would have to ultimately lean with defense. There’s nothing quite like the frustration of being able to put up shot attempts one after another for one of the best goalies to stymie every seemingly guaranteed goal. Or on other nights where it doesn’t even seem like you can get anything going, is a relatively quiet game with no chances, only to fall behind.

c. Buffalo all the way, I think it does well in both making a play on its namesake as well as inspiring some color and interest whereas Hamilton does perfectly capture the dullness of Hamilton but not exactly something I care for. Otherwise both places are very much a toss up as not being particularly attractive as an option to live in I don’t think.

d. Aaron Wilson, Monkey D Luffy, Michael Scarn and Elizabeth Doyle. There isn’t a defenseman as part of this 3 person group but I believe that the two-way play of Wilson and Scarn are more than capable when needed but more than anything, is the raw talent and puck protection of this team to both create space as well as chances.

Code:
Code:
15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

+2 TPE

Code:
Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

Oh boy, I feel like I should shout out a few different folks this season.

@Sopath, I hugely appreciate you taking the effort and step forward in a lot of Zerk based initiatives from Zerk of the Game, to wanting to take over the Awards show. It’s not an easy task and trying to keep up with all that writing is a commitment but also making the experience better for everybody else.

@Patty, it’s crazy how you went from IA to being part of WJC, SHL HO and tampering connoisseur. I appreciate you and everybody in the management group for helping level out my crazy thoughts and intentions and repeatedly pulling me from the ledge I so desperately enjoy looking over.

@juke, I probably say it a lot but if anything I still don’t say it enough. This ride is still as fun and crazy as the day we both took the job. I’m also looking forward to being one of those old people like Tez and J and being able to look back at our picks and our history.

@bdu754, I knew that this job would be a tough one, and stepping into the big shoes of my predecessors would especially be a high bar to reach. Thanks to you it has been an absolute privilege and pleasure in growing into this role given what you bring to the team on and off the ice. If I could keep you down with us forever, I would but the beeg yoshi has become too beeg for the J. Go on and vibe on my friend.

@Naosu ily too thanks for being there

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Code:
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

I definitely feel like there were quite a few big surprises this season. To list a few there was Toronto's emergence into the top-3 teams in the great lakes. It's now the super division we all knew it could be. Another big surprise was BAP making big jumps up the standings and into a playoff spot. A lot of people expected Texas to improve but I don't know how many expected them to have the best record in the league. My final and I think most significant surprise was how close some of the more "predictable" series were in the playoffs. Each round (except the finals) was full of intrigue when a lot of people felt like all the series were foregone conclusions. SFP taking Toronto to 7 in the wild-card round was huge. Edmonton was one goal away from beating Hamilton in the conference semi-finals. Texas came back from 3-0 down to force a game 7 against Hamilton, and Toronto was one goal away from the finals as well. In the end, things were pretty much how we expected them but no one expected the journey we took.

[189 words] 3 total

Code:
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

I'm choosing B because too many men on the ice is a penalty so if I can just ignore it then I can put 15 guys out on the ice for all I care. Think about it, you get a couple strong guys to hold down all the opponents including the other teams goalie and you just keep scoring goals. It would actually end up being pretty boring being able to beat up on the other team so badly. Assuming this means you have to put out 5 skaters, I think I'm still going with that option. You can haul down your opponents, piss them off and maybe even get into fights to get your opponent 1 man for 5 minutes while you don't take a penalty.

[127 words] 5 total

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

Gotta toot my own horn and say I'm definitely making the hall when my career is all said in done. One of a few players to be over a point per game at this stage of their career, 6-time all-star and MVP winner. I think I make a pretty good case. Players I see joining me are Luke Thomason who's had outstanding career consistency and is one of the best players I've played against. Rex Kirkby who's been a staple defenseman in the league for my entire career. Tor Tuck. I think there's a good argument to be made he deserved my MVP in S49 because he put up 61 points in a 50 game season as a defenseman. Tuck's probably the 2nd or 3rd best defenseman of all-time. Andreas Kvalheim from Texas is almost definitely getting in with his Dar wins. I'm sure there's some other great players out there but that's what I have off the top of my head.

[162 words] 8 total

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Best team in the league would be the closest one to beating Hamilton, right? Well if that's the case then the argument has to be made that the Blizzard were the best team not to make the finals in S58. Blizzard lost by 1 goal in game 7 against the Steelhawks which is becoming all to familiar (we lost to Hamilton in game 7 of the S56 playoffs as well). Our 12.5m cap hit really hurt us this season but we were able to make the most of it and ice a really good team. Would 12.5m more worth of players on the team had helped us take out Hamilton? I sure think so. We'll never really know.

[118 words] 10 total

Code:
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 - Milestones 13 total

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

Love all the Blizzard new and old! You all know that though cause you guys are the best and in LR all the time. Love it!

16 total!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 06:39 PM by Tomasnz.)

Code:
13. Procrastination special, league MVP.

The league MVP should be a joint prize between Luke and Nour, the league's commissioner. I think I am probably just coming from a basically IA point of view here and have no real idea who should win (Elizabeth Wilson looks great from a goalie for MVP perspective). But I think the truth of the matter is that most people in the league under appreciate how much work it requires to be commissioner and Head office in general to be fair. These are super important roles that ensure that the Sims run on time each day. The off-season happens as expected and that the future health of the league is maintained and considered in all decisions. Do they get it right 100%? Nope. But who does. These two in particular do a great job and we are lucky to have them both working for us. Congrats to like and Nour. My most valuable users.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3012195

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit

Going to have a little bit of a shout out to the crew in the Manhattan locker room as well as the alumni network of anchorage. Both of these locker rooms are very much the reason I have become a fixture of these sim league's. They both provided a great group of people to ask questions of, but also to interact with in a friendly way that enabled me to connect with the room and identify as being park of the team. Jaywhy was definitely a big part of that for me, being present in both rooms and being my goalie mentor early on. Thanks everyone that is part of those rooms but especially to Jaywhy.

+IsFL affiliate
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid448968

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

I guess this is a bit of a trick question for me! I was in the Four Star Cup Finals, where the Quebec City Citadelles lifted the trophy at season’s end. Of course, this was also my final season in the SMJHL before joining the Seattle Argonauts, so there is nothing I can really do to continue the team’s success!

However, I hope that the success we enjoyed at Quebec can carry to Seattle, especially with a couple of fellow Cities joining me on the trip. Obviously, they are both teams that were born out of expansion around the time I joined the league. Naturally, the expansion journey is a longer one at the SHL level, but coming away with the Four Star Cup in just four seasons – the first one I’ve won with any of my three players – is an incredible encouragement moving forward. Now it’s time to take that effort to the SHL level.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

As always, you have to keep an eye on the US and Canada in the IIHF tournament. I feel like I say this every year, but the switch to FHM has had an incredible impact on balance in the IIHF, really turning the tables in favor of the larger nations. There are some other key players, like Norway, but the path to a gold medal will include the larger nations.

I’d love to say Zdenko Beranek will be a player to watch, but he’s still some time away from making the IIHF roster. However, I do think he’ll be a name to watch in the WJC tournament as part of USA Blue. Hopefully he can conclude WJC as he did his SMJHL career, with another championship to his resume. It’s probably not likely, but I can dream, at least until I get enough TPE to join the proper USA international team.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

a. Buffalo’s strength is in its defense and goaltending, allowing just 134 goals in 66 regular season games. Hamilton will be its toughest test to that, but that defensive strength will be needed to slow down an explosive Steelhawk offense. Going into a gunfight won’t be the ticket – it will be a matter of relying on their defensive streak and capitalizing on opportunities.

b. Okay, so everything I said in a? I don’t think it’s going to happen, and the great offense in this case will prevail. The Hamilton offense is incredibly explosive, and it will be difficult for Buffalo to slow them down. I expect the Stampede to put up a valiant fight, but ultimately Hamilton will come away with the title.

c. Hamilton’s colors have always been nice to me, as a UNC fan. Obviously, it’s not the same shade of light blue. With that said, Buffalo has an A-Tier logo, one of my favorites in the league, and a pretty solid color scheme in its own right. I’m usually not a fan of team nicknames that don’t end in S, but Stampede works really well. And both are in frozen hells I’d never want to live in, so location is a wash. I have to give Buffalo the edge.

d. From Buffalo, you want Bobby Sharp and Monkey D. Luffy. You’d be insane not to include two of the top three offensive players in the SHL this season. After that, I want to make damn sure the other team hesitates before even thinking about scoring, so I’d grab Hugh Jazz and Bork Lazer. TRY ME.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3012194

16. Written, 3 TPE

I can’t say enough about all of my Quebec City Citadelles teammates, and the team @Evok and @Faelax have put together. It’s truly been one of the most enjoyable experiences I’ve had in any sim league, and it’s bittersweet to leave on the highest note possible, my first ever Four Star Cup. HOOT HOOT.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

An easy one for me to speculate on seeing as these guys are all in the same draft class as I am. I think that while season 43 started out as a crazy draft class for the time over the last two and a half years we have fallen off hard so that at the beginning of next season less than ten of us will remain. For the hall of fame I think that Tony Pepperoni is a sure fire lock in once he retires. One of if not the best forward in Edmonton's history. Luke thomason is a another good shout and while he hasnt had any truly epic seasons he has consistently been a good quality player for a long time for both San Francisco and Manhattan. A possible left field pick is Aleister Cain as while he may not have had the greatest stats of all time he certainly left his mark on the goaltending world and managed to secure a maiden cup for new Orleans in the process.

3/16

4. I am not sure there is anything that Rex Kirkby can personally do as a player to make Atlanta into cup contenders by the end of next season. However I can help to continue and maintain the incredible locker room atmosphere that makes players want to come back after they retire and join if they aren't part of the group. This comraderie and mateship helps to maintain a healthy and active locker room environment that keeps the newer and older players alike engaged in the team and the league. I am confident that hotdog and glutes can manage us to success eventually and my role is merely to make sure that people feel as welcome and included as possible. Kirkby is in the twilight of his career and probably can't put the team on his old back anymore but if I play my cards right hopefully I'll still be there clinging on for dear life when Atlanta is finally in a position to take a run at the cup.

6/16

6. I feel like every season we have a question like this and every season just about every person bangs on about how successful Canada or the United States of America will be. Or maybe they talk up one of the upstarts like Switzerland, Japan or Norway. No one ever gives the time of day to Great Britain. And yet at the end of the tournament, every tournament, here we are crushing the hopes and dreams of someone or other. We've won medals in something like nine of the last ten seasons. Kirkby alone has five silvers, a bronze and three golds. The end of this season will not be any different and I fully expect that we will be there in the finals with either the United States or the old foe Canada again. Everyone else at this point is just a pretender and if I was honest they may as well have their own tournament separate from the real big boys of international hockey.

9/16

15. Milestone claim

12/16

12 ©. I think buffalo's branding hands down blows Hamilton's out of the water. Firstly the name stampede is on brand with being in buffalo while a steelhawk isn't anything. The colours green and gold are wildly less boring than steel grey and powder blue and Hamilton in real life is just a giant shit heap that no one wants to live in and it really surprises me that it was even considered as a location considering all the great north American cities not represented in the shl.

13/16

16. Usually I'd carp on about Anchorage and all the fantastic people that have come through that team and still remain active in the locker room making it more or less the best place on this site by a country mile. However I feel like it's a good time to break the mould. Atlanta has become to me in the shl what Anchorage is to me in the smjhl. The entire locker room is a constant give of activity of the best people on the site. Hotdog and glutes have done a fantastic job of recruiting like minded people so special thanks to: caltroit, blast, leppy, micool, jepox, duff, Geck, slm, patty, bilbo, Simon, camel, sakro, z-whiz, sombreros and the rest for making my time in the league a great one.

16/16

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 06:52 PM by FlappyGiraffe.)

16 TPE earned total

1. (3 TPE)

i think in my opinion that i am about to make known to the entire population of the simulation hockey league site and members of the simulation hockey league teams and simulation major junior hockey league teams that the biggest surpise of the last simulation hockey league season was the simulation hockey league franchise known as the tampa bay barracuda doing so well this season in the simulation hockey league. tampa bay barracuda shattered expecations challenging fro a playoff spot, and are no longer a contender for the first overall pick. tampa is only getting better and it wont be long until they are perrenial cup favourites and feared throughout the enitre simulation hockey leauge. no one will be able to go toe to toe with how absolutely JACKED this lineup will be. there is tom fiddler the captain, star center leading the way, along with rookie sensation weaver who is blocking all the pucks fired at him in net.

2. (2 TPE)

if i am given one of these two choices of either having 6 skaters on the ice at time or be immune from penalties icing or offiside, its gonna be immune from penalties all day long. this is because you can do some dirty plays and injure all of the other teams players, so they have to call up rookies from smjhl who will suck even with a man advantage. then it is easy breeze right through the finals and win the cup no problem, cause the other team is all hurt and have to sit out from the dirty plays hahahahaha easy choice in my opinion

3. (3 TPE)

a player that i see as a lock to make the simulation hockey league hall of fame after a fantastic simulation hockey league career is probably gonna have to be the simulation hockey league player known as brady mctinyre. brady has been playing in the leauge since he was drafted in s39 by the simulation hockey league franchise known as the edmonton blizzard, and has been playing out his twilight years over in the simulation hockey league franchise known as the atlanta inferno. brady has been a beast his whole career, winning cups over in edmonton blizzard and being a steady presence for nearly 20 straight seasons now. i have no idea when he will reitre as he is a tpe earning machine and may play for many more seaosn. beacuse of this performance and because of this longevity he is showing i feel like he is probably gonna make it into the hall of fame on way or another.

4. (3 TPE)

to reach the promised land for next season i plan on doing things differgently. instead of banking my tpe and toiling away in the smjhl like a sucker, i will be playing prime time in tampa bay, spending all of my hard earned tpe as i earn it to improve out chacnes of making it to the finals. i think we will be very good, as every single rostered player on the team is active and earning tpe at a crazy rate, so it is just a matter of time until we are the undisputed number one team in the leauge and will be in the championship week for many seasons in a row, and hopefully will win dynasty of cups along with it. i thnk by unbanking and playing up i will improve my chances of making the finals by a lot next season, and hopefully we can keep grinding away and become the best team ever

5. (2 TPE)

the best shl team to not make the finasl this season in the simulation hockey league was the simulation hockey league team called the tampa bay barracuda. the simulation hockey league team called the tampa bay barracuda is located in a divisison of the simulation hockey elague, which is loacted in one of the conferences in the simulation hockey league. tampa bay barracuda, a team of the simulation hockey league was aweosme this past season and dserved a chacne to shine in the finals with all the new rookies and core players starting to develop into stars before our very eyes. would have been great to see them in finals, this is why they are the best team to not make the finals imo

15. (3 TPE)
milestone claim

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

PBE PT +3

At 1st glance this was a tough decision then I thought about it for about 2 seconds and the choice was clear give immunity from penalties, offsides, and icing. While I get the other will have a constant power play, my team wouldn't have to worry about how they play. No icing means we wouldn't have to worry about clearing the puck out of the zone, plus we don't have to worry about offsides which means when we do have possession of the puck we can go all out. Considering how much short handed goals the FHM engine gives I think being shorthanded wouldn't be so bad.

If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

Obviously the season did not go the way we wanted in New England. For Jakub it wasn't a terrible bad season although he failed to hit 10 goals and had a career high in negative +/- and PIMs, but Jakub was still top 3 in the team in goals and points and lead the team in hits and shots blocked. While Jakub will be starting regression this offseason but I don't think it will have not much effect on me atleast not for the upcoming season. The however improved in a huge way this off-season acquiring one of the best defensemen in the SHL in FR Finn Rhys. He will be moving straight into the top pairing with Sven Yxshaft, giving us 2 over 1700 TPE defensemen. On top of the trade all of our young players have been earning TPE and NEW now has 4 forwards above 1000 TPE and another 3 forwards all all under 200 TPE away from having 1000 TPE.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
These are two very storied franchises, what is each team's all-time top 3 forwards, top 2 defensemen, and top goalie? Why did you choose them? For graphics people, make a graphic showing both team's starting lineups and some key stats.

For the all time Hamilton roster I'm going with Aaron Wilson, Robert Philips, and Joe McKeil as the forwards. Aaron Wilson dominated the league for a good 4 seasons but which felt like forever, Wilson has been arguable the biggest reason for the Hamilton dynasty over the past 10 seasons. Robert Philips is Hamilton's all time leading goal scorer with 391 and all time leading point scorer at 988, his fire power is a no brainer and absolutely deserves to be here. Joe McKeil is the last forward on here and is Hamilton's 2nd all time goal and points getter and also brings a physical side to the forward line. On defense for me it's Tig Murphy, and Gabe Johnson, both defensemen have had incredibly SHL careers and matchup beautifully as Tig being more defensively and Gabe being the more offensive presence. Geezus Kryyst is the no doubter to start in net Kryyst holds all the Hamilton goalie records and has just dominate in his day.

For Buffalo they are in their golden era right now so most of their players are still active. The forward line would be Viktor Marius, Hippo Passamus, and Monkey D. Luffy. Defensively it would be Alexis Meltzer, Charles Walker and Elizabeth O' Doyle in net. Marius is one of the best offensive threats of all time and Luffy is no slouch himself, Passamus lives up to his last name and is an excellent set up man slash 2 way forward. Defensively Meltzer might be the best Dman of all time and Walker is just a tiny step down. My former Crow teammate O'Doyle is probably the best Goalie right now and the best in the last couple of seasons.

Plain in simple the defense, Buffalo is one of the best defensive teams in the league and still have the scoring to make it not a one dimensional team. Hamilton certainly aren't a one dimensional team but I do think that Buffalo is the more balanced team of the 2, but I'm not sure it will be enough to win 4 games.

In FHM it really seems like offense is slightly better then defense. Your not going to get were in a position to win a Cup if your not great at both but it just seems in my experience that offense holds a little bit bigger of an advantage. Plus offense isn't just offense but it also means possession, and if your just keeping the puck you will end up just buzzing around in the opponents zone.

Neither team really has my favorite branding, I think the Stampede works a lot better with the Buffalo location then the Steelhawks fit with Hamilton. That being said I do like the Hamilton logo better then Buffalo's, and I do think the color schemes work well for both teams. I don't really think there's a clear winner between the 2 but if I had to pick I guess I would go with Hamilton.

I really like this question, the 4 I'm sending out are Aaron Wilson, Elijah Jones, Augustus Wang, and Elizabeth O' Doyle. Wilson, and Jones as the forwards that will dominate the Offensive zone, and Wilson is not a slouch on defense either. Wang is comfortable in both zones and is pretty physical. As for goalie O' Doyle is the obvious choice. I think there are lot of combos you can go with I think this one is the winner.

SHL Milestone +1

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

I don't know if this was the most surprising, but I heard that Eni set the record for most shutouts in a single season for Buffalo. It's a record that is very impressive, and I offer significant kudos to Eni for accomplishing the feat. I'm not the most familiar with the records or history of the SHL, but knowing Eni, she has made a phenomenal goaltender and deserves the success. It probably helped Buffalo make their run in the playoffs, and they'll be leaning on her heavily in the finals to try to win the championship. Also on a personal note, and in the juniors, my player decided to wake up in the playoffs, producing points at a nutty pace. It may not have been the most surprising or most noteworthy aspect, but I found it really cool to see and a bright sign for my future on both Newfoundland and on Buffalo.

I'd choose to have 6 skaters on the ice at all times. It's basically a permanent powerplay opportunity, so the other team not getting called for penalties doesn't really matter. Plus, the prompt says for the whole game, so that means that even if the home team gets called for a penalty, they still get to play with 6 skaters. Also, if the other team wants to cherry pick with no offsides, you can just leave a skater back in your own zone to defend against them. Icing could be approached the same way, just leave a player back in your own zone to retrieve the puck.

As a player still in the SMJHL, I think reaching the finals in the SHL will be a difficult challenge. Therefore, my immediate goal will be to win the finals in the juniors and get that kind of high octane playoff experience that I can translate to the SHL. We came close this season, losing in the semi-finals, so the team will have to put in the work to try to get to the finals next season. I'll be working more on my strength so I can play a more physical game, and also try to be more sound defensively and across the ice. With folks getting called up to the big leagues, there's more pressure on me to step up and perform. I think just working harder in practice and working on improving areas of weakness will go a long way in reaching my short term goal of winning the SMJHL finals next season.

This is a bit of a biased pick, for obvious reasons, but I think Newfoundland was the best team to not make the finals in the juniors. We had a strong regular season and a strong postseason, with some players at the top of the league in multiple categories, stats wise. But we had very strong depth, and we'll continue to have great depth going into next season as well. We'll just have to make sure to keep playing our best game in the semis so that we can make the finals. Losing Podcalzone will be big, but we have plenty of folks ready to take the next step.

16. Written, 3 TPE

Well, I'll shoutout Juke and Ham, I probably would have gone IA a long time ago if they hadn't been on my ass. Whether I'll ever really go to the SHL will be in the air, I don't think I'm active enough to really make the big leagues. Plus getting drafted low means that Buffalo has no real expectations for me, so doubt they'd miss me much. But Juke and Ham have been very nice and helped a lot, the LR is fun to be in and the folks are great. A general shoutout to everyone in the LR, y'all are good people. Tez is not neat tho.

15. Milestones, 3 TPE

Link +3

Looking back at my second season in the SMJHL there we quiet a few things that surprised me from the first season. As being a newfoundland player I found teams positions and their strengths by the end of the year compared to how they did the year before could change so drastically. Newfoundland themselves had a terrible year in S57 and coming bottom to this year springing back up to 2nd in our division. Another team that I would like to point out will be Maine who we faced the year before in the playoffs and had a huge upset against them by beating them in our first round and this year with all do respect was a bit of a punching bag for the rest of the league anytime they would play. The season can be full of surprises and can spring up at anytime on how fast rookies can grow and start making a difference on a team that needs them. 

So we need to spice stuff up and change things around a little eh well for me this choice is easy as I would go for the second option of being immune to most on ice rules as you could abuse that in so many different ways, can change up how you line up for a faceoff and have a player waiting down the ice, Trip anyone who gets away on a breakaway, Guys on the bench could grab players that skate by/play the puck and that's just the tip of the iceberg. The extra player being on the ice could come in handy from time to time but having no rules placed on your team would make for some very easy games

It's always upsetting watching the finals knowing how close you were to being able to play with your team in it. In my mind no matter how good I do I could always do more for my team if we're not the winners of the cup at the end of the year. This year for the playoffs I only put up 7 points through our 15 game playoff run which just did not sit well with me as I felt I really let my team down with my offensive game, I did manage to have a +8 through them but still feel as a offensive player I could have been more of a defying factor on getting us through some tough games and pushing us to a final against Quebec. The only thing I can really do now is not dread on the past but to train more and come out next year with a better regular season as well as a great post to see Newfoundland bring home a cup

16. Written, 3 TPE

Honestly this shout out will go to everyone on Newfoundland @Alyxander @grimreaper @"Minnesotafine" @visceralpotamus @GoonerBear @Nike @Jedi @TheBigSandeenie @juke Just to name a few of you guys. I know as I always say I'm not in locker room as much as I want to be as I appreciate everyone of you but I want to thank you all again and again for understanding my busy schedule and making me feel included anytime I pop in even if it's for just 20 minutes or so and you get me right into the conversation and I couldn't ask to have been drafted into a better group. Special shout out as I feel I have to @Toast

Total TPE 11

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

2 TPE
2. I’m taking the no penalties, offside or icing. If you cant have any penalties towards your team would you not be able to just play more than 6 people on the ice? That should be a penalty but they couldn’t enforce anything. Additionally, theres no interference so you could just switch who is on the ice whenever you wanted. The extra player would may it difficult but I would expected it to be more of the defensive side rather than impacting the offensive game as much as one would expect. If the defense played a zone and it wouldn’t be as bad unless they have some sniper wingers.
3 TPE
4. I’m sitting on the couch thinking to myself, why did these losers make it and not us? Its simple. We need more offense. Our defense isn’t league best by an means, but it would do enough to make us competitive. But we need to get the puck in the net. Right now we are putting every game on our goalie trying to hold the other team to 1 or 2 points. It doesn’t work! We need players who can go out there and put up 3-6 points on any given night. The other teams goalie needs to fear that we are going to attack the net hard. I will be that player. I can focus on attacking the net. I will set up other players, hit sniper shots, screen the goalie. We need someone who can provide that scoring spark and we should look no further than Golden Face to provide that for the panthers.

2 TPE
5. It’s the . This team fought hard all season against the eventual champion. They even had arguably a better defense than the Steelhawks who won the championship. We all know that defense is supposed to win championships, so its easy to say that the North stars were the best team in the finals. Using this logic you may thing the Dragons have the better argument but he eastern conference was better in scoring thus having a larger impact on the North stars defensive statistics. It is a shame that the North stars couldn’t put together the right series and walk away with the cup as they might have had the best opportunity to win it.

3 TPE
6. This is difficult to me when it comes to strongest IIHF teams. I find its always best to stick with the safe answers when it comes in regards to predictions. The most likely teams to win are either united states team due to pure numbers or Canada. This is followed by Russia and the Scandinavian area teams, then last but not least the smaller countries with fewer users. If there is a sleeper in the bunch I would say its Ireland. They surprisingly have the 3rd largest total user base to build their team, which is impressive. They have enough at each position to build lines and have experienced high earning users. I will be glad to predict another podium appearance for the Irish team and making it well past the group stage. Federation heads like Evok and TheDangerZone they knowledge experience and users are there now its just the right time to put it all together.

3 TPE
16. People might start thinking that im in love with @slothfacekiller and maybe I am a bit.. But sloth has been one of the nicest people I’ve met in a sim league since joining. He provides a fun positive attitude to every locker room that he is in and makes every league better for others, even if he may not be enjoying it as much! Everyone should be more like sloth.
3 TPE
15. WINGER
Shots on goal -> 135 or more
Hits -> 34 or more
Takeaways -> 10 or more

[Image: f7.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 07:55 PM by frazzle14.)

Task 2:

Although this is a tough choice I’d have to pick option B. I’d pick option B because although the other team would have a extra player on the ice, what’s stopping my team piling every player onto the ice when they’re immune to penalties? Even if for some reason they couldn’t just pile the whole team onto the ice then I’d just have my teams players taking out the other teams players until they have none left, can’t get into the power play until we take them out. Also if we started a fight with the other team they’d get a penalty and we wouldn’t. Option B definitely has much more plus points for me than just having a extra player on the ice.

Task 15:

Milestones +2 TPE

ISFL PT +3 TPE

If you go with anything other than 6 skaters on the ice you are insane. While no penalties would be ideal. Simply having the 1 person advantage at all times will allow that home team to wreak havoc on the opposing teams goalie. Even with the other team able to just run around the ice, smashing your players, and doing everything they can do get an advantage. Unless they knock one of your six out. They are SOL and out gunned by the shear force that is a 6 on 5. The only time I could see the penalties really working is if you have more larger and tougher guys than the other team. If that is the case, you can bully an opponent into submission. But this league tends to lean a little more skill based. 

Well you see, I haven't necessarily been performing my best with my time in the SHL. I've certainly been very very very average in comparison to my draft class. This next season I am really going to step up my training. This season coaching is going towards some extremely powerful stuff that I think will push the newly branded Tampa Bay Barracuda over the edge. My offensive attributes are going to allow me to be a scoring machine for the line, while still passing the puck around like crazy to pump up those assists. I do hope that with these preseason buff's to my stats I can carry that same energy through the season with weekly training and all of the other opportunities we are given as players to go off and kick ass. Mark my words, you will see Tampa Bay begin to kick ass. Maybe not next season, but we are very very close to running the SHL.

The Texas Renegades seemed to get unlucky in the Semi Final matchup against the Hamilton Steelhawks. The Steelhawks are insanely stacked, as they have been for quite some time now. Regardless, Texas and the players on the team are in the upper echelon of TPE amongst other teams. It seems their schemes just didn't quite work out against Hamilton's quick changing offense and defense. Stacked in every position, they are extremely strong and are seemingly a spring ready to pop and go bonkers. They clearly had some momentum heading into the playoffs after stomping teams like it was nothing all season long. Like I said, this spring is gonna go, and Texas is gonna go nuts.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I think its finally time for team Germany to kick some ass. Now I might be slightly biased, as my player is on the team. But with some kids like myself starting to reach higher amounts of TPE. There is no reason for the team to not go berserk. With some legends like Darrow, Pepperoni, and Klaus leading the team. There is nothing that the younger bucks like Panico and Harrington really starting to roll. I would expect Team Germany to be in contention for that Gold Medal this season. There is nothing that will stop them this go around. It will definitly be a tough top 4. A lot of the success this season will be RNG based though, just as we have gotten better, so has everyone else. The next team I would be worried about is Great Britain. I think with who they have running the team you will see some crazy strategies pulled out.

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Samuel Michaud, hands down. Firstly, they absolutely dominated on the powerplay. Having 3 power play goals, and 3 power play assists. They really took advantage of the extra player and kicked ass while doing so. With that being said, they didn't do anything the best when comparing to the other players. However, they did everything to such a high degree that it was hard to not see their impact on the ice. They made their presence known by dominating on defense while making some sweet offensive plays. They truly set up Hamilton for success and pushed it to the next level. Michaud deserves the MVP, hands down.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3012237
+2

16. Written, 3 TPE

I'm not going to tag them, just cause I'll feel a little awkward. However, Sve7en and Dwight Knight (hockeyiscool) have both helped me tremendously throughout my time in the league. These two are easily why I still pay attention to Panda Panico. They both gave very subtle pushes to get me to work harder. Whether that was what they were intending or not, I'll never know. But it certainly kept me updating and improving my player.

[Image: panico.png]

Task 2 (2 tpe)

No penalties on its own would be omega busted, but adding the other two is icing on the cake. Being able to defend illegally instead of worrying about staying within the bounds of the rules gives much more of an advantage than a 6th man. Yes, if a team played perfectly and their mentals were unphasable, the team with 6 players could probably just overwhelm with the extra man, but that's not unrealistic. In this scenario, the team with 5 men could commit murder on ice and pass to the guy cherrypicking across the rink for an easy goal. It's a no brainer.

Task 5 (2 tpe)
The best team to not make the finals was definitely the Texas Renegades. A team that has been putting it together for a while finally did an incredible job in the regular season of getting wins on the board, but they got unlucky to face the only better team in the league in the second round. Maybe the Renegades could've put up more of a fight, but their quality is undeniable. The K-unit of Kvalheim, Kekkonen and Kubinec is pretty unstoppable, and that's not including the rest of their unbelievable offensive depth. 8 players had over 50 points this season for the Rs.

Task 12 (4 tpe)
a. The Stampede simply have more offensive depth than the Steelhawks. If Buffalo can make the top forwards on the Hamilton side work for everything, they can make their task a lot tougher. They also both have elite defenses, so a huge deciding factor will be what the Stampede defense can do that the Steelhawks defense can't in this series.

b. Unfortunately, as we saw, the great offense won out, but I think it's also a case of the fact that the Steelhawks defense was just as good in terms of the individuals' skills themselves. Meanwhile, the top end of their offense was nigh untouchable, and that's why they managed to take it in the end.

c. You could make a case for either. Hamilton is a garbage city, and if the team were anywhere else, the branding would vastly improved. That said, I think the Steelhawks is a strong branding choice, great logo, great color scheme, and it has staying power. I love the Green and Yellow, but overall, I think I have to lean Steelhawks here.

d. I'm going Aaron Wilson and Theo Morgan from the Steelhawks and Bobby Sharp and Emilia Bergman for the Stampede. In terms of pure goal generation per 60, these are the top 4 guys, and they're all very strong at limiting the other team's offense as well. End of the day, both teams are so deep that you'd be comfortable with plenty of players, but it's definitely these four that I think lead the pack.

Task 13 (2 tpe)
On a team that is constantly stacked on offense and defense, I think it's time to give the goalie their due. Jobin was fantastic all playoffs long, and he's never been unreliable between the pipes. It feels like any player on this offense can produce on any given night, but for Jobin, he's got to be on his game every day, and he never missed a beat. Outside of Game 1, Jobin did not let in more than 2 goals in any game of the finals, and while the team backed him up, he still had to make those saves, and he did.

Task 15 (3 tpe)
milestones

Task 16 (3 tpe)
I can say nice things about so many people on this site, but it feels like every time I do this PT, it goes like 600 words, so I'll save myself by talking about the people on this Steelhawks team that I talk to every day and I love to death. @nour, @Gooney,@Hallsy,@whateverKimmyiscalled, @RotticusScott, @notorioustig,@Gwdjohnson, you guys are all pretty pog and I love talking to you. Without the boys, my life would simply be worse than it is. Every movie night, every fun bit, every league game, i feel better when I'm with the boys. Plenty of people hate Hammy cause they don't know what we're like in our own little bubble, but I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I weren't in this lr, with my friends, my men, my teammates, my lovers even. God bless Hamilton and you know what? God bless America. Yeah.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Task 1 – 3 TPE, 3 Total:
Perhaps the most surprising thing, to me, of the SHL season this year was just how bad New Orleans ended up being. Like don’t get me wrong, I knew we’d be not great, but I didn’t forsee the 10-50-6 record of death. Yuck. There were some really cool things that happened during the season, but the biggest surprise for me is actually Esa stepping down from GM of the Calgary Dragons. He’s been one of the most recognizable faces in the SHL for a very long time. As his friend, I can tell you that even though he’d say he was going to quit a bunch of times and never mean it, I really didn’t see this coming. It was such a surprise and came out of left field! The SHL will never truly be the same as we lose one of our longest tenured and most respected GMs. Good luck out there Esa! (154)

Task 3 – 3 TPE, 6 Total:

I’m not entirely sure if I’m allowed to talk about this, being on the HOF committee and all. But when I read this question, the first player that came to mind was FR Finn-Rhys. I think he’s been a fantastic defenseman for a LONG time now, but he was just starting to really get noticed by the league more recently. However, his trade to New England could derail his HOF chances, OR it could be the best thing for him. That’s fun to watch. As for older guys, DeMaricus Smyth is almost retired. He’s a former MVP who’s won a cup and even successfully switched to defense near the end of his career and was able to reinvent himself as a bad ass defensive defender. I think he deserves a good look. Finally, I think Martijn Westbroek is on a HOF path as well, but he’s going to suffer unless he wins a little more hardware. Hopefully that will be the case. (162)

Task 4 – 3 TPE, 9 Total:

Sadly, as much as I plan on doing things a little differently for the New Orleans Specters, the truth is that we have another season of suffering ahead of us. Barring the most outlier of outlier seasons, We’ll be battling for 1 or 2 OA next year. It’s just our time in the grand scheme of the SHL to be not great. However, I don’t imagine this to be lasting very long. After ANOTHER successful draft where we acquired 5 new active players, the future of the Specters looks VERY bright. As much as I want to sit here and say we’ll be competing for the cup next year, the best thing we can do as a franchise is to truly stay the course. A new update scale that’s much nicer to lower TPE players is right in our wheelhouse, and our actives are going to be kicking ass sooner than later. (152)

Task 12 – 4 TPE, 13 Total:

I think Buffalo already did the one thing they needed to do to give themselves a leg up this season when they proceeded to make a trade deadline move for Dick Clapper. Adding a 2k player to any roster is going to improve it a bit, and Clapper may have been the missing piece for Buffalo. (56)

The answer is always a great offense. Teams with the greatest offenses tend to eventually figure out how to crack even the best defensive schemes. Buffalo has had one hell of a defensive run with Lizzie Doyle being just FANTASTIC as usual, but with all of the offense Hamilton can throw at you, its only a matter of time before one of those lines finds a mismatch and scores. (69)

This is the easiest answer for me: give me the Buffalo Stampede branding all day. It’s a classic logo for one, and has always been one of the top ones in the league since they began the franchise. Plus, they’re in Buffalo, which is my hometown. Also, Green is my favorite color, so that also works in Buffalo’s favor with me. Plus, the name Stampede is superior to whatever a Steelhawk is. (72)

Since I can mix and match, I’ll take two from each team. I’ll send out Bobby Sharp and Micheal Scarn to play up front for my forwards, but for my defense, I’ll have Monkey D. Luffy play D (and pinch up on the rush to help score). The other defenseman will be Samuel Michaud for sure. That gives 4 fantastic players who can absolutely get me the OT winner more often than not! (73)

Task 16 – 3 TPE, 16 Total:

The first thing I’m going to do is talk about how great @Nictox is. Nic puts up with my nonsense, and reigns me in when I’m getting a little too ridiculous with my ideas for trades or how to run the team. He’s been one hell of a rock, and a big reason the Specters haven’t like, dissolved. I’ll also give a shoutout to @Huck24 , who’s been nothing but a fantastic friend to have ever since we drafted him like 100 years ago. Shoutout to @overdoo , who’s been great with giving advice and generally helping out with war room activities. He’s a swell boy. And finally, I’ll end this by saying @Arkz is awesome, and we’re incredibly lucky to have him. He’s been a beast in the locker room and for getting our sim boxscores up, even when they weren’t that fun to look at. Thank you all for what you do for the team!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I’m confident the answer to this is the Colorado Raptors. I know I’m biased but we are a very all around team, almost akin to the islanders in the NHL. We all have to work together to get the wins and noone is pulling too much more of their weight then the rest of the team. (Besides Yanno, he’s a god). I think with different matchups there is definitely a timeline where the raptors went to the finals and even won the cup. But regardless as well as we should have done we are right on pace to do massive things next year. 

Quote:8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!
[Image: 7zzJWYr.png]

Quote:9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: qCzr8Gu.jpg]

Quote:10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: N3FHkaZ.png]

Quote:15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3012147

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE

Big ups to my guys like @Jumbobone19, @Birdman, @lespoils, and @hhh81 for helping me out learning the ropes in the SHL and helping me get to where I am today (also for the fantasy tips, I should have listened more). 

Everyone in the Raptors crew are awesome and I love the great rookie groups we’ve been bringing in season after season since I got there. Theres too many to try and list specifically here but you all know who you are. 

Also thanks to everyone whos given me a chance to help out with the site like @Carpy48 and @TheDangaZone, the jobs have really helped me stay interested in the community

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]