Create Account

The Disrespect of Fedor Sotakov (2x)
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 12:44 PM by DollaBill.)

**2x DRAFT MEDIA, LIKE IT OR NOT!!**

Maybe it is because I have always been so damn good at this game.

Maybe it is because I have always placed myself among the best.

Maybe it is because I work my ass off and know my value.

Maybe it is because the Colorado Raptors drafted me second overall in the Season 58 SMJHL draft.

Maybe it is because I played three-quarters of my rookie season on the Raptors top line.

Maybe it is because I finished third in SMHL scoring among all rookie’s last season.

Maybe it is because I came up clutch in big spots; netting game-winners in playoff games.

Whatever the reason, I am not at all happy to be so disrespected by the Season 59 SHL draft.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is not my intention to shit on my fellow Season 59 draftees as there are plenty of great players that are heading to new teams. Congratulations to you all..but…f*ck…I outplayed most of you last season. I hope you all understand that I’m extremely salty to be passed over so much in one sitting. Worse, I was drafted well after players I never have f*cking heard of.

What the f*ck is going on here?

Oh, right…nepotism.

I was told by many that the SHL was full of “good ol’ boy” bullshit. I did not believe it…I did not want to believe it. Turns out, it is true. I spent so much time interviewing with teams; 12 teams to be exact. Some interviews lasted upwards of two hours. There were also the surveys and questionnaires I completed ad nauseum. What the f*ck was the point? Were these General Managers simply performing due diligence? Must have been. I guess it is too easy for them to send virtually the exact same, copy-pasted questions to SHL draft prospects repetitively.

The time and effort I put into Season 58 and the time and effort I put into the pre-draft process did not matter. SHL teams are scared, scared shitless. They are scared to do what Colorado did in the Season 58 SMJHL draft by taking a chance on a newer guy with obvious potential.

Instead of doing their jobs and performing actual scouting, the SHL teams opted to go with the easy facts. “We already know this guy…” and “That’s the son of [insert former player here]…” dominated the 1st round.

And why am I so pissed to be left out of the 1st round…because Fedor Sotakov is a 1st round talent. Plain and simple.

“Don’t sweat it, that’s just how it goes”, is what I have been told. So much wrong with that statement.

“Hey Fedor, any teammates in Colorado that you think we should draft with you, if we could?”

“Yes, I would love to play with Angus McFife XVIII and Jack Nishimori at the next level!”

“The Atlanta Inferno selects at pick 17…Angus McFife XVIII…”

“The Atlanta Inferno selects at pick 20…Jack Nishimori…”

Still on the board…Fedor Sotakov. F*ck me!

Part of me wants to say “f*ck this, f*ck them…I’m going back to Russia”. I mean, if I wanted to be a part of some crooked shit, I might as well, right?

I feel very foolish for putting myself out there. I put forth a lot of media in the days leading up to the draft where I continuously announced myself as a 1st round talent. I dismissed teams that did not have a 1st round pick. Little did I know that Fedor Sotakov did not stand a chance at being drafted in the 1st round. A f*cking turtle stood a chance but I did not. It is…honestly…embarrassing. I am embarrassed. Embarrassed and very disappointed. I don’t feel that the work I put into Season 58 and the potential I know that I have is being validated.

Simulation Hockey League: Get your shit together.

Be more respectful of the new blood. Take us seriously. Stop letting the “friends of the program” influence your every decision.

I have given many thoughts to taking my talents elsewhere; that is how angry I have been. I should not stew over shit like this, but I do. I have because I am a competitor. I have great pride.

I should leave the SHL but I won’t.

Of all reasons to stay in the SHL and deal with the nepotism and lazy bullshit is because of my friend, Sven Svenson. I know Sven petitioned to the Pride to bring Fedor Sotakov to San Francisco and for that, I am grateful. I am grateful but I will not forget that the Pride also passed on Fedor once today. My motivation is to not let Sven look like an asshole with his advice to his team. That's it.

Toronto, Edmonton, Minnesota, Seattle, Winnipeg, New England, Manhattan, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Chicago…you all f*cked up. You f*cked up by passing on Fedor Sotakov in favor of drafting your buddies.

Don’t ever send me another interview request or a f*cking free agent offer. You all wasted my time and disrespected me. I will not forget it.

I am done kissing ass. I am done doing shit in ways that “looks good to SHL GMs”.

I have a Four Stars Cup to win for Colorado and that is all I give a shit about right now. Back to work with the Raptors. To hell with everything else.

**953 words**

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

@Nhamlet

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I only drafted first generation players, I didn't know a single one of the people I drafted before last week.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

amen. for what its worth I kind of felt the same way in the s54 class, got drafted 9th by the Edmonton Blizzard and honest to god I have never been happier. Things happen for a reason!

good luck in SFP I am sure you will have a great experience!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

A turtle playing hockey will pay for itself so fast just off the spectacle alone, much less Pasta THE Turtle.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

04-03-2021, 09:52 PMDollaBill Wrote: Don’t ever send me another interview request or a f*cking free agent offer. You all wasted my time and disrespected me. I will not forget it.

You promise?

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Dude there’s no reason to attack other first Gen players like Pasta because they were drafted before you. I’m a first gen too and I think the adage “You catch more flies with honey than vinegar” holds true here. It’s a sim league, the main goal here is to have fun, not complain when you don’t go top 3. Humility will get you far.

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

Bud I went 45th with my first player. @"TommySalami" has been one of the best players in the league for like 15 seasons and went end of the second round. It becomes a chip on your shoulder and feels really good when you prove people wrong and become a steal

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I was drafted 47th OA, didn't get a contract from the team that drafted me and changed teams twice before I played a game in the SHL.  SHL careers are long, slow burns.  Burning bridges by whining you got drafted a little lower than you wanted seems very short sighted.  Good luck with your career.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Yo what is with the draft day drama

Wtf no one talks shit about Pasta the Turtle.

And to think I was telling @Nhamlet Chicago should draft you.

sad eh

04-03-2021, 10:08 PMPatty Wrote: I was drafted 47th OA, didn't get a contract from the team that drafted me and changed teams twice before I played a game in the SHL.  SHL careers are long, slow burns.  Burning bridges by whining you got drafted a little lower than you wanted seems very short sighted.  Good luck with your career.

Yeah this guy was literally terrible and now a team is giving him money to play on their top line. Believe in your dreams, kids.

I think the bigger question is which thread team will be better, this one or the Valor one.

bro calm down lmao

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

04-03-2021, 10:11 PMVandy Wrote: I think the bigger question is which thread team will be better, this one or the Valor one.
dont matter cause i am on both

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]