Create Account

Robot Sunfish draft experience (2x media)

Robot Sunfish sat- no, was propped up against the wall really- in front of a TV at his den in the Vancouver Whalers Facility. With a charging cable attached to his side, Sunfish was intently watching the program going on at the SHN; the Simulation Hocky Network. Sunfish doesn't usually watch TV in his free time, as his large battery capacity demands a very long charge time; and him being on while being charged lengthened that time even more. 

But today, Sunfish had very good reason to ignore that problem and watch the TV. Today he would find out where his SHL team will be. Sunfish spent a lot of time holding private workouts and interviews, especially after the Whalers' season ended with the team's loss at the quarterfinal series. Sunfish was understdably feeling nervous watching the draft, and at the same time he was feeling hopeful. He had good conversations with quite a few scouts, and a few of them even told him he might be a first rounder! Sunfish was ecstatic when he heard that; never until that point he allowed himself such far fetched hopes. And while he relized that the real chances of him going in the first round was slim, Sunfish still had the hope deep down.

...... "and the next pick is in. With the fourth overall pick, the Edmonton Blizzard select.... Sven Svenchnikov!" It seems like the draft was going well for his Whaler teammates. 'Good for Sven' Sunfish thought. He was very happy that the formidable defenseman and his friend was getting acknowledgedby the teams. 'He's a great player and a teammate, I'm glad that he got the respect that he rightfully deserves'. Sunfish called and congrtulated his friend and teammate, who was very happy at the honor he received and the new opportunities he will get. 

...... "now we enter pick 8, which is the first of two Winnipeg picks. And it seems like the pick is in. With the 8th overall pick, the Winnipeg Aurora select.... Alexis Saint- Michel!" 'Man, I can't believe he fell this far' was the first thing Sunfish thought. Even if he fell a littpe, Sunfish was very glad that his winger teammate got drafted in the first round- something he knew that ASM wanted a lot. As he knew how much effort ASM put into improving himself Sunfish was especially happy for him. 

As Sunfish was trying to call ASM and tell him congratulations, his phone rang. 'Who would call me at this time' though Sunfish. 'Everyone knows that I'm charging and off by this time'. 
"Hello? Who is it?"
"Hey there Robot, this is kez, the GM for the Winnipeg Aurora. Going to congratulate your teammate, weren't you?"
 "Yeah.... I was just dialing the numbers"
 "Well, tell him that you'll be his teammate in the big leagues, too. Congratulations Robot, we're going to select you with the ninth overall pick. Welcome to the team!"
 "Are you..... are you kidding me? Is this some kind of a scam?" 
"Nope" 
"You... drafted me?" 
"Yup. Take a look at the TV, man. The pick just went in" 
Still not believing the words he were hearing Sunfish shifted his attention back to the TV. Indeed, it seemed like there were some action going on. "The Edmonton Blizzard will move back up to 10th overall pick, and while that was going on it seems like the second Winnipeg pick was locked in. With the ninth overall pick, the Winnipeg Aurora will select.... Robot Sunfish!" "Now that's a very interesting pick. Mock drafters will not be happy!" 

Sunfish stood eerily still for a long moment. If it wasn't for the lights, one would have thought that his power was off. "Is my program being hacked?" Thought Sunfish. "The highest I've ever been mocked to was 14th overall.... and that was only by a few people. How did I go this high?" He was awakened from his stupor by another ring of his phone. It was ASM, congratulating him on being drafted and being his teammate again. And then another congratulatory call, this time by Sven. Then Tater called, and then Sailfish..... it was true, Sunfish was indeed drafted ninth overall to the Winnipeg Aurora! 

Sunfish was ecstatic. Never in the draft process he thought that he would be this high if a draft pick. And yet here he was, being a mid first rounder. After all the efforts he put in, he finally made a big achievement. Sure, he still got a very long way to go in becoming the greatest robotic player to ever play in SHL, but this is a great first step to that journey. Sunfish determined that he'll be good enough to don the Aurora uniform (and that uni looked great too), and then be good enough again to make a big contribution for the team. 

----------------------

What a day today has been. I still can't believe that I have been drafted this high. Last night it seemed like I would be a late first rounder at best, and this morning it seemed like I would fall out of first round altogether. I was still happy, as I view myself as an end of second round prospect and early second round was still a lot higher than that. So I was mostly hoping that I would end up with a good team; namely the teams that scouted me and had a good conversation with me. 

So there I was being half asleep around 8 in the morning, thinking that I won't go until the second round. So I took a quick shower, hoping to be more awake by the time I'm likely to go. Boy, was I wrong. I came back from shower, and my discord was going nuts. I received two separate invites to Winnipeg locker room, and guys were pinging me all over the place. And it took me some time to realize that I was drafted to the Aurora, right in the short while I was taking shower.

Of course, I was so happy. I was scouted by 9 teams, and had really good conversations with about two thirds of thse 9 teams. Kez and the Aurora were included in that number. I really liked Kez from the conversation I had with him wnd as I also knew a lot of people from Winnipeg through my DSFL team Dallas Birddogs (half the war room from that team is in Winnipeg lol), I knew I would fit right in. 

And then there was the draft position. I thought I would be a second rounder, and was content to that fact as I mentioned before. 9th overall, which I think amounts to mid first round, was not something I expected at all. I was so moved that kez, roastpuff and other Winnipeg war room guys put that much trust in me. This is the highest that I went in terms of draft position in any sim leagues that I was part of.

So thank you, Winnipeg. For the the experience yall gave me, for drafting me, and trusting me this much. I'll do my absolute best to prove that the decision you guys made was not wrong. I'll try to be the best player and user that I can be, and I certainly hope that I will be able to contribute to this team someday, hopefully in the form of helping bring a trophy home.
 P.S. r0tz, that render was the best thing ever 
P.S.2 Sorry guys for ruining yalls mock lmao
(1,275 words, double media pls)

Robot Sunfish - The Mock Destroyer.

Let his name echo through the ages.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

THE MOCK IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE SUNFISH!!!

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Aurora

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

That render still cracks me up. Welcome to the team!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Never been so happy to see my mock in absolute shambles. Robot's been defying expectations since he walked into Vancouver, why stop now?

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Congratz man...fish...robot. No mock lives forever.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]