Create Account

Draft day for Miguel Hefeweizen (2x draft media)

2x Draft Media

Miguel’s alarm went off, blaring in his ear. Normally, it took him a few minutes to get out of bed, but not today. It wasn’t like he’d slept well anyway. Today was the day he would be drafted into the SHL and find out which team he would be calling home. Miguel didn’t have much to do other than his normal daily activities and wait. Miguel’s phone was constantly lighting up with messages from friends and family wishing him luck in the draft. Miguel knew that his performance this season was sub-par compared to many of his fellow draftees. Maine had a rough season with all of the callups from the previous season’s team. Regardless, Miguel knew he’d worked his ass off and played his heart out. Miguel had talked to a great many team’s scouts and GMs, but Miguel was pretty sure that the San Francisco Pride were the most interested. One of their GMs had strong Maine connections and he’d had an excellent conversation with the other. However, you never know what’s going to happen and nothing is certain until your name shows up on the board. Finally, the time came for the draft to start. Miguel sat in his living room with his parents and other friends and family, waiting to hear his name called. Dane Von Gucci, his friend and Austrian teammate went with the 2nd pick, and Miguel shot him a quick text congratulating him. The draft continued until finally, pick #7 was on the board. This was the Pride’s first pick and where most of the experts predicted he would be drafted. Sure enough, his picture flashed up on the screen and his name was called! His friends and family went wild as his phone rang with a message from the Pride’s GM, “Welcome to the team!” Miguel just sat for a few minutes, taking it all in. He almost missed another Austrian friend, Robot Sunfish, go with the 9th pick. After shooting him a text congratulating him on getting selected, Miguel wasn’t sure how to feel. His life’s goal was to get drafted to the SHL, but at the same time that came with a lot of high expectations, especially for such a high pick. Oh, well, he decided, as he cracked a beer, that’s a problem for another day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so a bit of real talk here. Thanks to all the teams who reached out to me and had good conversations with me, even just to say good luck (that’s you hotdog!). I’ve really enjoyed my time here in the league so far and I’m more than happy to go to the great team and locker room here in San Fran. See everyone on the ice!

454 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France