Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

Written task: The preseason has ended and we're about to jump into the regular season. The best part of preseason is the fact that we can extrapolate small sample sizes to make huge assumptions for the upcoming season and then be completely disappointed when they inevitably don't come true! Based on the preseason what is a prediction you have for the upcoming season. It can be about your player, your team, the league, whatever.(150+ words)
Graphic task: Make a magazine cover that we may end up seeing at the end of the season.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, April 25th at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

PT Pass

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 05:47 PM by yosh.)

Oh man, if were basing how the Seattle Argonauts will do in Season 59 of the SHL solely off of pre-season results, that'll be fun.

The Argos had a 5-2-0 record in the pre-season, and if we extrapolated that, that's around a what, 40 to 45 win season? That sounds pretty damn good to me.

If we went a few steps further, let's take a look at some point results from the Argonauts during the pre-season. Michael Scarn is going to have a monster of a season, if we extrapolated his 10 points in 7 games to a 66 game data set. I mean, it's not too much of a stretch that Scarn will be a huge offensive juggernaut and take Seattle to the next level, that's like 90 points in 63 games. Now that's pretty epic to me!

And what about Vaseline Podcalzone? The Russian rookie winger had a pretty damn impressive pre-season, putting up 4 points in 5 games, with 3 of those points being goals. If we extrapolate that data, it's looking like Podcalzone could have a Rotticus Scott-esque rookie season if he somehow plays at the same torrid pace as he has done in the pre-season. And yeah, a 40 goal season would certainly be quite the way to make your mark as a first year player.

Granted, pre-season is full of meme lines and chaos. But hey, it doesn't hurt to ask "what if?"

WC: 239

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Gunnar Söderberg had a very promising preseason - in fact, when the Syndicate faced the Winnipeg Aurora, Gunnar put up five points in the form of two goals and three assists. Based on this one game, I am going to predict that Gunnar will continue to score five points every single game this year. If you, like me, are not good at math, have no fear, I have done the calculation for you - this means that Gunnar will finish the season with a pretty respectable 330 points to his name, undoubtedly resulting in a lot of awards and a lot of people regretting very much that they did not pick him for their fantasy teams. Regression is a thing of the past, Gunnar is going to continue to improve from here and this 330 point season is just the start; he will be putting up 100+ point seasons every season henceforth, mark my words.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

dee centerman iv made a critical career decision this season, converting from a forward to a defenseman. it was a decision made with grave consideration, but one that was best for the team and for centerman's style of play. "i already played defense, now i just have that letter by my name. and i do not take faceoffs anymore." with centerman on the defensive corps paired with teammate sabo tage, seattle put up an impressive 4.2 goals per 60 when the pairing took the ice. "i love playing hard and keeping the other guys off the puck," centerman had to say about his impressive offensive possession statistics, "i guess it's better that i do that from back here and let the goal scorers do their thing." seattle projected well with new rookies podcalzone and salming along with big time free agency add michael scarn, putting up 5 preseason wins including a 2-1 record against teams in the great lakes division. "i will do what i always do, which is what i can," centerman told us in closing.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 01:32 AM by Dextaria.)

Based on the preseason, we're in store for a historic season in the SHL where not only one, but two teams will go undefeated for the entire season. The Atlanta Inferno are 7-0-0 in the preseason with a goal differential of +27. Taking a quick extrapolation, the team will go 66-0-0 in this S59 season with a goal differential of +255. Absolutely historic numbers and season expected from this Atlanta Inferno team. However, they aren't the only team expected to do this. Again based on the preseason numbers, the other team to go 66-0-0 based on extrapolation is the Edmonton Blizzard. The Blizzard also went 7-0-0 in the preseason with a goal differential of +24. This is about a +226 goal differential in a full season.

Now speaking on my player Ryosuke Sato, it seems nothing has changed and Sato continues to struggle to get the puck past the goalie. He has 0 goals in 7 games even with 13 shots on net. This means Sato is in store for his worst goal season since he joined the SHL with 0 in 66 games. The struggles to get the puck past the net continue. This isn't even mentioning that this would mean he is going to have fewer points this season with 18 points in 66 games.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Baltimore went 4-2-1 in preseason which if extrapolated out to an entire 66 game season would be approximately a 38-19-9 season which would be good for 85 points and would be their best season since S49 when they went 30-15-5 in 50 games. While they should then be no match for the undefeated Atlanta Inferno, this would place them second in their division and ahead of past playoff teams like the Buffalo Stampede and the aging Manhattan Rage. Karl Krashwagen finished the preseason with 10 points and will once again lead the league in goals, this time scoring a record setting 56 goals and also will notch 38 assists to get a nice 94 points cementing his place as an all-time great in the SHL. Those who have doubted Krashwagen’s ability to score at 20% will be shocked when he does it again. My player, unfortunately, will continue to score at a blistering 4.5% and fail to score 10 goals on the season. This one might actually come true though.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:
Written task: The preseason has ended and we're about to jump into the regular season. The best part of preseason is the fact that we can extrapolate small sample sizes to make huge assumptions for the upcoming season and then be completely disappointed when they inevitably don't come true! Based on the preseason what is a prediction you have for the upcoming season. It can be about your player, your team, the league, whatever. (150+ words)

My prediction for the upcoming season would be that Edmonton taking first in the Northwest division and proving to Calgary that we are the superior team in the province of Alberta. For the preseason the Edmonton  Blizzard finished a perfect 7-0 and scored 37 goals while only allowing 13 goals against. In the offseason we were able to upgrade our goalie, upgrade our defense which was extremely lacking last season with the $12M cap penalty against us. We have many returning players who are taking team friendly contracts to keep our core together as we nearly defeated the Hamilton  Steelhawks in the playoffs last season after coming back from 3-1 series deficit. 

With Calgary facing heavy regression from their veteran players and us getting better in goal and on the blue line, we should be able to take the Northwest. 

Another prediction would be for us to once again face Hamilton in the playoffs as it always seems we end up against them in the playoffs. However, this time we will be able to overcome them and advance further in the playoffs. 

(182 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Look out for TheSparkyDee’s player to become a sleeper pick up in fantasy! He is primed and ready to take the ice. Zakkira Diporov is paired with an old man by the name of Goku... he is so old, that Zakkira and Zelma remind him to take his medication before each practice and game. No the second line for the Winnipeg Aurora are going to be scary and we are looking to have more wins and secure a playoff spot again! We are young but have great experience players, I want to see us win some more games and have a chance to compete here soon. The fact of the matter is... we can not win when the GREAT LAKES region is stupid strong. I think if we can bounce back from last years awful start, and have a great start to the season we might turn some heads like we did two seasons ago by making it to the semis of the SHL Playoffs. 

(160 words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Burlok was rolling along at a nearly PPG pace during the pre-season. Despite Burlok's history as an entirely mediocre depth scorer, we have to assume that this pre-season trend will hold true. 28 goals and 28 assists would be a enormous offensive leap-- not to mention a showing of pure talent and skill that has just not yet been remotely in Burlok's wheelhouse. HOWEVER... every dog has their day. Is this the season that Burlok turns into a nightmare O-zone threat capable of scoring ~30 goals? A real SHL power forward that other teams fear? It certainly could be!

Similarly, extrapolating the pre-season, over a 66 game season I'm on pace to be +56 or so. That seems far-fetched but it may honestly be more likely than me potting 28+ goals. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it, but Burlok has always been stronger in the defensive zone than the offensive zone. I'd sooner put money down on finishing the season >+50 than scoring more than 20 goals. Hopefully I'll eat my words by doing both.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2021, 10:50 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Based on the preseason the obvious prediction is that the Atlanta Inferno and the Edmonton Blizzard are going to go undefeated for the entire season. The only thing that might throw this assumption off is when these two teams play each other twice during the regular season. According to the pre-season, the buffalo stampede are the great lakes team left on the outside looking in when it comes to playoffs and the New England Wolfpack and Tampa Bay Barracuda are going to be the two teams that miss the play-offs in the Atlantic and Tampa Bay won’t win a regular season game at home. Guy Zheng will be the points leader in the league followed shortly by Eko Van Otter and Simon Takshak. The Penalty Minutes leader will be David Kastrba followed by New England’s Ethan Price and Keith Lee and Chicago’s team should continue to hold their spot in the league as dominant leaders in the corsi stat department. 

[160 words]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2021, 01:12 PM by Faelax.)

Based on what I saw in the preseason, it's going to be an interesting season in Buffalo. I hope you drafted Augustus Wang in fantasy, because he is about to have a point per game season as a defenseman, and will probably end up winning the Stevens award. Looking around the league as a whole, expect the Atlanta Inferno and Edmonton Blizzard to not drop a single game, somehow even winning against each other when they match up head to head, both walking away with perfect seasons. Atlanta is going to be led by their two GMs in Eko van Otter and Guy Zheng, who should put up about 150 points each or so, absolutely shattering the single season record. Julio Tokolosh is going to be the top player from the Blizzard, expect him to put in about 100 points this season, and put in your fantasy waiver claims for those players if you have yet to do so, because they will certainly go fast.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

My prediction is that the Hamilton Steelhawks will win the challenge cup. This is a crazy thought, but I have a reason behind it. The reason is that Hamilton is the best team in the world lol. Rotticus Scott is going to score so many goals people are going to throw up at his production. Literally sickeningly nasty at the game. The Great lakes are going to be like "ok gg go next this isn't even fair we got outdrafted bad bans bad picks go next man". Also, Rotticus Scott will win mvp, its going to be the year of the Rotticus in the Simulation hockey league. Buyer beware, bet on these steelhawks or you're going to seriously regret your bets folks. Also go Jobin, he deserves to win an award one time I think. Also Elijah jones is going to score like 50 goals, no cap he's going to be lighting that lamp like we haven't seen in a long time folks.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Edmonton is looking absolutely incredible if we take the pre-season to be a representative sample of how the SHL season is going to go. Julio Tokolosh is on form and looking on pace for a 94-point season, while defenseman Erben Kasius and forward Daniel Laforest are both on pace for absolutely massive breakout seasons of 85 points. That said, that William Hartmann scrub is going to have to pick up his game to keep pace, as a sluggish preseason of only 3 points puts him on pace for only 28 points in the SHL season. The most interesting stat to extrapolate, however, is the 7-0 record for new starting goalie Scoochie Stratton. Even with the subpar offensive performance from Hartmann, a 66-0 record speaks for itself and Edmonton will look to be a force going into the playoffs, where their mix of old and new talent will chip in to take the Blizzard all the way.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]