Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 - Colorado Raptors
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 04:22 PM by leafs1997.)

Deep Dive # 1
2021/4/26
Colorado Raptors

This is my first attempt at a “Deep Dive” contribution.  My intent here is to take a look at the Colorado Raptors and some of the individuals who are playing for the team.  Before progression, I have recently signed with the Raptors for the current season as an undrafted rookie.  I would like to take the opportunity of thanking @LordBirdman for giving Rinky McDangle the chance to play for a very competitive team.

[Image: Du8USPBkzScwy3mf8tJxJ3zednafG-aM2G73EPPq...lLOBjeq-M6]

I chose to sign, for at least this season, with the Raptors because a.) the contract seemed very lucrative and b.) the team has been consistently competitive.  The Raptors have made the playoffs each year since Season 53.  In recent attempts for a league championship the Raptors have stumbled in Round 2.  Overall, the team seems to be a middle of the road team as far as the standings are concerned from year to year.  However, having said that, this season (Season 59) the Raptors are off to a great 11 - 4 - 3 start, amassing 25 points which puts then in second place overall in the league.  Second only to the Kelowna Knights who are 3 points ahead with a game in hand.

Before beginning to discuss some of the Raptor’s personnel, I would like to forewarn readers that I will be referring to Corsi and Fenwick analytic metrics.  To keep it simple, and to not get tied up with the math, Corsi basically refers to the total number of shot attempts a player makes regardless of what happens to the shot  Fenwick is a lot like Corsi but it does not include the shots that are blocked.  For some reason unknown to me, Corsi has a lot more love than does Fenwick, but each metric has its own merits.  

Noel Blanchet @JT3 is leading the way for the Raptors.  Selected 6th overall in the season 57 draft, Blanchet has 17 points in 18 games.  This as mentioned is the best on the Raptors as well as being second in the league overall.  He has a Corsi % of 57.7%, meaning that the Raptors take 57.7% of the shot attempts while Blanchet is on the ice. So we can see that Blanchet makes a real difference.

Leading the defensive corps is Angus McFife XVIII @micool132 drafted 7th overall in a very productive Season 58 draft, McFife has produced 14 points in his 18 games.  With a game rating of 65, Mcfife is definitely one of the offensive leaders on the team.  With a Corsi rating of 51.5%, it is a bit of a saw off in that the Raptors had 323 attempted shots and 304 shots against them. The Fenwick stats show much the same as when Mcfife was on the ice they has 242 unblocked shot attempts and the same number against them.  Still good stats.  I am glad that McFife is on our blue line.

Yanno Rosejac backstops the Raptors.  Goalies stats are, of course, measured with a different set of stats, the most telling being Goals against Average (GAA) and Save Percentage (SV%).  Rosejac is off to a good start with a GAA of 2.7 and a SV% of 0.907.  These numbers are dramatically affected by how a goalies team is performing defensively in front of him.  Rosejac is a solid goalie and has the potential to propel his team to a championship. (Sorry Demolish, I can't seem to ping you.)

I know I have only mentioned a few of the many deserving Raptors’ players and hopefully I will get the chance to mention a few more in further Deep Dives.  Thanks for reading !

Word Count: 605

@Eynhallow GRADED! +5 TPE

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Raptors

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Glad to have Rinky McDangle on the squad!

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride