Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2: SMJHL Top Three Scorers
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 01:27 PM by CptSquall.)

Deep Dive #2: SMJHL Top 3 Scorers

Every season, there are those players who rise above the rest and carry their team by leading the offensive charge, sometimes it’s a star on a star-studded team, other times it’s a player on a bottom feeder taking matters into his own hands and showcasing his ability despite a weak supporting cast.  Today we will dive into the leagues top five point earners and see what we can find out!

C- Cian McFelter
Team: Kelowna Knights (21-4)
Stats: 25 GP, 12 G, 18 A, 30 P, +20, 105.4 PDO
- Hands down the leagues top player through 25 games, McFelter is leading the charge for the red-hot Kelowna Knights, catapulting them to a 21-4 record thanks to his 30 points and otherworldly +20, showing that when he is on the ice, his line produces and doesn’t give up any points, something any time would love to see. At this point, McFelter has to be the front runner for MVP as well, and if he can keep up this pace he is well on his way to a 60+ point season. And let’s not forget his 105.4 PDO.

LW- Cole Carter
Team: Anchorage Armada (11-8-3)
Stats: 22 GP, 11 G, 15 A, 26 P, +2, 96.5 PDO
- While the Anchorage Armada are somewhat still trying to find their way, forward Cole Carter is not, carrying the team with his 26 points. Without Carter, I don’t think Anchorage would be sniffing a winning record right now, he’s been that good. While his PDO is subpar at 96.5, advanced stats don’t always tell the whole story, and Carter is proving to be a lightning rod offensively, and it will be fun to see whether he can keep up this pace or even increase it as he tries to chase down Cian McFelter.

LW- Igor Petrov
Team: Quebec City Citadelles (11-12)
Stats:23 GP, 10 G, 14 A, 24 P, +8, 105.8 PDO
- Last season Four Star Cup Champions have been slow out of the gate, with a middling 11-12 record, still trying to rekindle their magic from last season. Word of advice? Keep leaning on Igor Petrov, he’s producing at a point-per-game clip with an above average +8 rating and an outstanding 105.8 PDO. If Quebec City is going to make any noise this season, they will need Petrov to continue to play at his current level, and maybe even more so, or get him some help. Petrov is a dynamic offensive catalyst, with a superior shot and playmaking ability, look for him to finish with 55+ points.

Final Thoughts:
- I don’t foresee anybody catching Cian McFelter, he’s playing on another level right now, and I can’t stop looking at that +20, truly a testament to his overall talents and ability to play to his full potential. I would expect Carter’s production to dip a bit as the season goes on, but he will still finish within the Top 5.  Petrov I think will see an increase in productivity, he’s too important to his team and right now their main option offensively.

Word Count: 581

Approved, +5 TPE @Simply Incorrect

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.