Create Account

S59 PT #3 Free Agent Pitch

ISFL UW Affiliate

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

When looking at everything that Edmonton has to offer, the options really are limitless. Starting with the city, Edmonton has both a small town feel and a big city vibe. It’s also a short drive away from the mountains. Looking at the Blizzard, one of the big selling points is the branding. Edmonton has arguably the best logo in the SHL, as well as a great color scheme focusing on light and dark blue. The team also has long term success due in large part to GM Keygan, who has the Blizzard on an over 10 season playoff streak, as well as two Challenge Cups in Seasons 45 and 49. The locker room is very active and supportive of both rookies and veterans alike, and gives everyone an opportunity to grow their career the way they want to. As a rookie myself, I can not think of a place I would rather be than in Edmonton with the Blizzard.

159 Words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

The Blizzard is a great place for any potential free agent to come. First, the one thing everyone wants to do is win. The Blizzard are currently on the longest playoff streak in SHL history with no signs of slowing down. In that streak the team has completely rebuilt itself and still has a strong future. If that's not an organizational structure that you want to be a part of, then I don't know what's wrong with you!

Another great reason to come to the Blizzard is the potential for personal achievement. We strive to have our players perform at their absolute highest and try to get players who would put up less points on other teams, more points here. We regularly take 2nd liners and make them produce like all-stars!

Finally, the LR is filled with great people. I'm extremely happy with the new faces we've brought in and we still have a solid core of long-time Blizzard players in the locker room. It's a great place to be!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

The Los Angeles Panthers are a great team to play for. There is a clear window of opportunity to win now but also a defined core for the future. The locker room environment is one of the best in the league with lost of activity from current players and alumni stop by to chat fairly often. The leadership is very open and communicative with the team of the direction and line reasoning. Fuzz and TDZ aren't afraid to make moves to improve the team so if there's a chance to pull the trigger on a move that helps now without mortgaging the future or vice versa, they'll do it. The city of Los Angeles speaks for itself as a really cool place to live with something always going on. If you ever want to run into a celebrity, this is the place to do it. Overall, there might be some teams better equipped to win now but LA has a great future with a strong chance to compete now.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761144284655fc162f8910...y.gif&ct=g]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

I am going to be honest, Tampa Bay does not have a lot going for it. Sure, the Lightning, Buccaneers, and Rays have all had great success (very nice!!!!) in the past couple of years. The weather is also absolutely beautiful. Set on the Gulf Shore, Tampa has perfect access to pristine beaches and beautiful coastlines. Similarly, the people are beautiful, as is the upcoming goalie, who will treat you to a pint when you come by.

However, the humidity. Oh god, the humidity. Tampa Bay has developed it's own system of humidity measurement, known as CMI. CMI, shorthand for CROTCH MOISTURE INDEX, is the degree of sweatiness and wetness illicited by the groin, taint, and butt crack. A 2 is a standard summer day in low humidity. A 5 is Scottsdale, Arizona. A 10 is Tampa Bay before a hurricane rips the rest of the state to shreds. With CMI anywhere above Arizona levels comes COD, or CHANCE OF DIARRHEA. Sometimes, the crazy heat just does that to you.

Welcome to Tampa!

[Image: i7BkUWG.png]

Please do not come to Hamilton. Do not come to one of, if not the, best teams in the league. Do not come to a cohesive family of players who always have each other's backs unless it's funny to not do so. Do not come to what has to be the most active locker room in the Simulation Hockey League, filled with people who have left the team, but can't seem to leave the atmosphere. I say do not come because I want it all for myself. Stay away. I mean it. It isn't worth it to play here for the multiple cups you will probably win. The awards that just seem to get thrown at you. Winning all of the time gets boring. Trust me. Oh, this was supposed to get people to come here. Come to Hamilton, you will garner the ire of the rest of the league. Enjoy getting called a cheater for something that happened seasons ago and wasn't actually cheating. Be a Steelhawk.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Looking for an appealing SHL team to play for? Look no further than the rising San Francisco Pride! Located in the scenic and very pleasant city of San Francisco, CA, the Pride are a young team with a ton of potential. Whether you are a veteran player looking for a place to get plenty of ice time, or a youngster looking to be part of a promising future, the Pride is the right place for you. With two outstanding GM’s and a welcoming locker room you’ll feel right at home. Off the ice, San Francisco offers mild winters and summers, as well as plenty of scenic historical attractions, such as the world famous Golden Gate Bridge. The city is also a short drive from plenty of beautiful nature preserves, like Yosemite National Park. If skiing is your thing, Lake Tahoe is also a short drive away! Like a little gambling? Las Vegas for the weekend is no big deal. In short, on the ice or off, the San Francisco Pride are team you should consider!

175 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

With the season sixty offseason having the highly anticipated an expansion draft, this should presumably mean that teams will have a few more spaces to fill and a bit more cap to play with. In turn free agency might be a bit more exciting than usual and is an avenue that Mats Marner is contemplating with his contract set to expire at the end of season fifty nine. Having never played for any other SHL since being draft in season fifty four, Marner will be curious to hear pitches from other SHL teams on what their team and city can offer in Marner’s goal of winning a Challenge Cup.

Nevertheless Marner is still considering resigning in Calgary and there are reason why I think the Dragons are a great team. They got a great locker room with funny threads like the hot chick draft, food thread, poker nights, and Izzy has got a lot of creative initiatives going on to spark activity. Also we have a new FHM guru with Wally who has been doing a great job this year maximizing our players. Finally the friendships I have built in Calgary would be tough to leave.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Well here we go! The Minnesota Monarchs!
For starters, who does not want to be a butterfly... wait we are not butterflies? Oh. Oops.
Who does not want to be a king or a queen. Your choice. In Minnesota, you are treated like royalty. We are one big happy royal family. Not dysfunctional like that British family everyone keeps talking about.
In Minnesota, TPE does not matter. Clearly we have shown that is a scam. We are currently second in the northwest division! That is after a few high level players left.
Our team mates care deeply about each other, win or loose. We have a good time and support people in real life. That is the point of the site. Have fun and make friends. This is where my friends are and hopefully yours will be too.
At the end of the day, you do you. Whatever makes your happy. I appreciate you taking the time to read my short spheal.
Have a great day Smile

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 03:04 PM by Muerto.)

Why Winnipeg? Well, for starters, we're not the Jets any more so you wouldn't have to play for a shitty NHL copy team! The Aurora have quickly elevated themselves from a team with the worst branding to the team with the best logo and uniforms in the league! You will look sharp af wearing those unis on the ice. Now, don't let the on-ice performance this season fool you into thinking we aren't very good. We've very deliberately embraced a full-on youth movement as our aging stars are in regression, so there is a plan in place - having a great group of people all within a few draft classes of each other means everyone will be peaking at the same time to really challenge for the Cup and not just be a bubble team. But that group is still pretty young, so for the next few seasons it means there is ample opportunity for a younger player finding it hard to crack a roster of a current contender, to step in and make a big immediate impact for the team. This could be you! And also it looks like divisional realignment is on the way so we won't have to go to EDM and CGY on road games that often any more, instead we will get multiple games in great destinations like New Orleans, Chicago, and Texas! The perfect getaway from the chilly doldrums of Winnipeg! Heck ya this is a great opportunity for players to step in, be a big star, get tons of love and adulation from the fans, and be part of a great group of people who are all supportive and welcoming! Go 'Rora Go!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Code:
Written task: This offseason will see an expansion draft, which should presumably mean that teams will have a few more spaces to fill and a bit more cap to play with. That being said, free agency might be a bit more exciting than usual. Write a general pitch to free agents to tell what your team/city offers.

I do not play on the squad yet, but as a member of the Toronto North Stars I can tell you about the wonders of the city. First of all it is the hockey capital of the world. Hockey is huge here, the fans are absolutely devoted to the team, which makes them an bsolute joy to play for. The team is filled with great people who make the locker room feel like a very warm inviting place to be and everyone can get along with each other. Then there's the chance to be a part of the biggest division in hockey. The great lakes has some of the greatest hockey in it with 4 deadly teams who are all playing at an insanely high level right now, which provides for excitement day in and day out. If these words have not convincied you yet that Toronto is the greatest team to be at, then you cannot read my friend. Toronto is a great time for anyone who wants to be a part of greatness.

[ 175 words ]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

A pitch to potential free agents as a PT? Alright well I guess we can’t get punished for tampering if everyone is doing this, so let’s get it!

As a free agent who made the jump and joined the Steelhawks back in Season 56, I know what the free agency process entails and I know what I looked for when joining a team. The Hamilton Steelhawks are a great team, and once you join the locker room you realize that it’s more of a community than it is a team. Everyone is super nice, everyone is very helpful and you can always count on having a good time in the locker room.

Now while the locker room talk is great and being a part of a team like that is something every active member would want, the real reason you should join Hamilton is because we win, plain and simple. This team is competitive and the pipeline is constantly stocked with players coming up and getting ready to take over for guys who move on or retire. Since joining in Season 56 I have won 2 Challenge Cups and couldn’t be happier. In addition to winning, the team is going to try to get the best out of their players, and you can see it from me. I joined the team and they consistently try to get the most out of my player. For any active, performance in the sim is important, and you can’t knock it when you come here.

Trust me, join Hamilton. You won’t regret it.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

There is a lot to love about playing for the Los Angeles Panthers in the Simulation Hockey League. First of all, the weather is great so you can enjoy your off time away from hockey all year long. There is a lot to do in and around the city no matter what it is that you are looking for. If you miss cold weather or the snow you can take a quick drive to the nearby mountains and enjoy a winter wonderland. If warmer weather is more your vibe then you can head to one of the many great beaches along the coast. If you're into food, Los Angeles has many world renowned restaurants that serve some of the best food anywhere in the world. If you like the wilderness then there are many great state parks and the like nearby. I would highly recommend driving up to Yosemite if you get the chance, the scenery is unreal. But if the off ice stuff isn't enough to lure in would be free agents then I would just point to the Panthers' fantastic prospect pool, ability to get is players awards, and management's continued investment in the team's success. I think Los Angeles offers the perfect mix of off ice and on ice benefits for would-be free agents.

217 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]