Create Account

S59 PT #3 Free Agent Pitch
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 12:08 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Written task: This offseason will see an expansion draft, which should presumably mean that teams will have a few more spaces to fill and a bit more cap to play with. That being said, free agency might be a bit more exciting than usual. Write a general pitch to free agents to tell what your team/city offers. (150+ words)

Dude/dudette, you need to come to Toronto. We have a great mix of young and old players, our locker room is lively as any other in the league, we all have a strong understanding of what it takes to win, and there’s free nachos!
You’re guaranteed a spot on a team that’s bound to make the playoffs in the new playoff format, one that has a genuine chance at winning the Challenge Cup. As for the city, Toronto is a top-5 largest city in North America, and has many amenities that make living here worthwhile, including (but not limited to): free access to poutine, a moderately competent transit system, a location that’s in the heart of one of the most populated metropolitan areas in NA, and did I mention free nachos?
Become a North Star. You won’t regret it, especially with all the winning we’re going to do with a winner like you on our team. You have a chance for greatness here, don’t pass it up!

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

PBE PT Affiliate

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

When you step off the plane in Tampa Bay, Florida, the last thing you think of is hockey. However, with the general vicinity to the coast line, a beautiful harbor and night life, along with some of the finest restaurants in the state, there are plenty of activities outside of hockey that can make either a young player or a veteran with a family extremely successful here in Tampa Bay. With in the Tampa Bay Barracuda organization itself, you have a plethora of professionals who are here to help you succeed no matter what. There are personal trainers, nutritionists, equipment managers, and personnel assistants to help you become situated in the community. Lastly, the locker room is a friendly, yet competitive group of hockey players. These guys battle it out every day on the ice to make sure they are in top physical condition, and constantly working on their mechanics to help further their team and careers. Not to mention in the winter months you never have to shovel snow to leave your house.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

PBE PT

pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Baltimore Platoon. Baltimore PlaTOON. Why wouldn't you want to come to Baltimore. We're one of the youngest and most active teams in the league. We're already on a collision course with success. By S63 we'll be one of the best teams in the league and there is a spot for 1-2 to join us in our domination and bring the Platoon times around sooner. On top of being one an up and coming team, Baltimore has great locker room culture. While being a bit older than most LRs (most members between 25-35) we also have a lively meme culture, often shoot the shit on discord voice chat, and overall have a great family-like locker room. I believe that without being drafted to Baltimore I wouldn't be as active as I am in the league now. These people make it so much fun to be part of the SHL. Hopefully we'll add one or two really good FAs in the next few seasons and start making some real noise. Because our prospects are all top earners and we're set for success. Come be part of that success!

[186 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

As much as Baltimore can be portrayed as dangerous city, it is a beautiful, historic city with many great metropolises in its surroundings. From Washington, to Philadelphia to New York City, Maryland is a prime location for day tripping on the upper-Atlantic east coast. It is also the home of the Baltimore Platoon, a team steeped in history from it’s S1 debut until today.
I know, I know, the Platoon have been a mere shadow of themselves in the past decade but it isn’t hard to see that this team is young and on the rise. Led by current stars, such as Karl Krashwagen, veterans like Nat Emerson, and upcoming stars like Ethan Duncan & Daniil Nikiforov, the team is primed to rise up the SHL rankings from S60 onwards. And with some space potentially available for another star player, this might be THE train to get on before it’s too late. Make no mistake, the S60s will be the Platoon’s time to shine, and shine they will.
(169 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

So you find yourself to be a UFA. Maybe it's your first time in your career, maybe you're a journeyman. Either way, look no further than signing with Toronto. We are a team where the cup window is wide open. We are currently in a state of being very competitive in this league after years in the basement. It's never been a more exciting time to be in Toronto than right now. On top of the great hockey we are playing and all of the talent you'll find yourself surrounded by, you'll also be feeling right at home in one of the best locker rooms in the league. Everyone is very friendly and supportive and active in the Toronto locker room. It's really a great place to be. You'll feel like you belong from the start and you'll make great friends in no time. Our leadership group is fantastic and our GMs know what they're doing around the league. So, sign with Toronto and be somebody.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 05:04 PM by TheCC.)

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

If we start by completely ignoring the hockey side of thigs, San Francisco as a city is already one of the best places to live. It's a hub of culture that's right on the coast with a lot of interesting places and viewpoints to enjoy. No matter what kind of lifestyle you have, earning the salary of a professional hockey player will ensure that you can actually afford to live here. I've probably already convinced you to join our team because of the city alone, but what if I said joining the Pride on the ice was like investing in Apple in the early 2000s? We're a team that's finally coming out of a long and difficult rebuild which means we've got a lot of skilled players that will all hit the prime of their careers at the same time. If you join the team you're basically guaranteed to win a challenge cup somewhere between S65-S70. (For legal reasons I cannot actually guarantee that you will win a challenge cup with us but I can guarantee that you'll enjoy being a part of our up-and-coming team.)

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I think the main thing that should entice people to Toronto is the fact that the teams core is mostly young and have some of the best current younger in their prime players in the league like Adam Barron an Bobby Lane. The Toronto Northstars as a team have been building for many years for these next few seasons where they will likely be as good or even better than the likes of some of the current powerhouses. In reality, the Toronto Northstars probably do not even have room for any free agents to sign as they have a full team of promosing younger players who are still growing as well as three top prospects from this past draft. It also helps being in the arguably biggest and most popular city in Canada that happens to be a huge hockey market. I think there is a lot to like from this current Toronto franchise that would be very enticing as a free agent. I am sure there are many players who would seriously consider signing in Toronto right now.

Code:
167 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

ISFL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Are you tired of living in a frozen tundra for most of the year? Yeah you skate on the ice but does that mean you need to see it everywhere you go? Have you had enough of there being nothing to do in your city after the game is over except to go home and heat up a frozen dinner? Do you love the color purple? Well then do I have a team for you. The New Orleans Specters are one of the storied franchises in the league, rich in history and tradition. The team plays in the aforementioned southern Louisiana city, where there is always a party going on and some wonderful weather to enjoy. Once more, the team is on the cusp of finishing a rebuild, and there's never been a better time to join and own a team from the get-go. Sure there are other teams out there that are better on paper, but joining those teams means that you'll just be another plug-in player. In New Orleans you can build that legacy as a star from day one. Also, the Specters sport the superior purple in the league. So call now and get your first Mardi Gras beads for free!

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

So you’re looking for a new home and you ask yourself “where do I want to go?”

You’re a professional hockey player and it isn’t easy to just “find work” in the field - most positions in hockey you have to either be given by your father or luck into.

That “find work” mindset is now a thing of the past since the Baltimore Platoon have symbolically opened their doors to professional hockey players around the world. The Baltimore Platoon have allowed a multitude of people from different walks of life to join the squad.

The roster currently sports:
-a bearded lady
-two kids in a trench coat playing adult hockey
-the Missing Link
-an anthropomorphized Big Mac
-and many more!

So, put down the classified section and buy a non-refundable plane ticket to Baltimore to join the Platoon in one of their afternoon tea parties. Or, better yet, send an email to [email protected] and we will send you a helicopter to fly you down.

We are literally desperate for anyone to play since most Baltimorians struck it rich on ethereum.

So come join the Baltimore Platoon so we can play “hockey”!

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

PBE Welfare Claim

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]