Create Account

S59 PT #3 Free Agent Pitch

Well it is very easy to sell my city after all it is a big party location so who wouldn't want to come down and play hockey in the big easy! New Orleans is a great place to live with it mix of older European style architecture, amazing bars and clubs to celebrate a victory after a match (which will happen more and more once I actually start playing for the team) and that is before we get to the food. The food here is amazing, the variety, the range, the flavours, there is a reason why cajun food is famous across the world. I for one have taken to eating a dozen poor boys before every game! Lastly you get to the team, this is a team building for the future, while we are not good now the young talent here means we really will be, so best to get in the team now!

WC 155

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Baltimore! We have all kinds of great things to do and a strong up and coming hockey team that is poised to dominate the Simulation Hockey League for years to come. The lovely city of Baltimore has a wonderful downtown and night life along with a beautiful harbor if you are into boats, sailing, or fishing. Come and experience American history straight from the source with multiple historical sites and Washington D.C. just a short drive away! Enjoy the cities mix of beautiful and body filled parks, as well as its ample opportunities for urban exploration with the high number of abandoned neighborhoods! Learn to defend yourself from attackers that contribute to Baltimore having one of the highest violent crime rates in the entire country! Those skills will be valuable in defending yourself on the ice for years to come! So come on down to Baltimore and join the Platoon! Be part of the best team in Florida and one of the hottest up and coming teams in the league!

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Dear free agents. Its me, Zoltan! Forget about the city anyone plays for. Come be my teammate! I don’t bite, I promise, that’s the job for the leader of the cult of Zoltan. Come hang out, drink some kool aid, leave with your hands stuck in the shape of a Z. You’ve all seen it, trust me. Why wouldn’t you want to play with me? I have the best toys. Also, have you been to tampa? Its warm! Its sunny! There are beaches! Even my bubble wrap outfits wick the sweat away! We have ice cream! Not so many other places have ice cream. Its too cold in those places. Like Montreal, who wants to go to Canada anywho? Phildelphia? I can make you a cheese steak here too and probably charge you less. Who wants to eat cheeze whizzz anyways. (just kidding wiz is great on a cheese steak). Come play for tampa. We chomp, we swim and best of all, we Qin!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Well, Well, Well, isn't it time for one of the greatest moments in SHL. A time where free agency exploits the innocence of the players and tries to captivate them in joining their team. Especially after the expansion draft, this will turn out to be quite the experience for many. Firstly, who knows who is safe out there as you may not be saved by your own team mates and secondly, teams are hungry for new acquisitions. So what does the the city of Hamilton have to offer. Well for one, it is only a 50 minute drive from Niagara falls, which essentially splits Canada from USA. So standing on one side, you can see a whole new country on the other end. Secondly, why wouldn't you want to play for the Steelhawks. They are one of the most successful teams in the entire league and have just won the challenge cup and going for a repeat. If you want to be part of a dynasty, this is your time. Join now or regret later.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Hey, free agent! You have a big decision to make but I am going to make it easy for you. Come to the Baltimore Platoon. The Platoon are a team on the rise. Only a single player on the current roster is older than season 50 and of those young ones a good number are at the top of their classes when it comes to TPE. Outside of the rink, the location of Baltimore had a lot to offer. You get beautiful bay views and a location just outside of Washington DC and a quick trip from New York City. Then there is the glorious crabs with Old Bay combo with an ice cold Natty Boh to wash it down. With Baltimore making the playoffs last season the city is buzzing over the team. If you join the Platoon you are going to be a hot shot in town. There are other teams in Baltimore but the Platoon are going to be the top team for sure. COME ON!

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Normally I'd personalize the message and line out how the team is going to build for the short and long term and the fit the player would have in it. Because I can't necessarily do that in this instance, it actually makes this a very difficult task to me.

You see, in our simulation world, I could talk up how being in Manhattan and enjoying the city life of the biggest city in the world is remarkable, but who really cares about locations? I could talk about branding, the Rage having a well defined brand that often marks well, but branding doesn't really matter that much anyway.

What people want is to see their player succeed, wherever they can. What I can guarantee in Manhattan is that we're in a phase that we need some high end players, and so whoever we may target is going to be in a prime position to be a key contributor on a team that will be on an upswing sooner rather than later, as much as the detractors like to mock that. We're on a steady path, and in our division should be able to be consistently competitive if we get some help from a scoring touch or get to add an extra defenseman to make up for our upcoming losses there.

The locker room is still super active even in our downturn, and while we have some off days with it, we never seem to stumble much. We have consistent daily activity, bots and games that keep people engaged and a ton of different channels so you can discuss anything that comes to mind with people who enjoy the same things as you. I'm selective about who I add to the locker room, I make sure we're going to be cohesive in some way, and because of that we have a tight knit group that would love to have you in it.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Well Buffalo is a great city because...well...we’re close to Niagara Falls I guess? If you’re a free agent trying to decide where you want to go, the best part about Buffalo is the fact that our team is great. You might not enjoy the city, you might not enjoy the fans, you might not even enjoy the food, but at least you’ll enjoy winning. Our team is 28-10 and our strong young core is only going to get better and better as time goes on. I can speak from personal experience and say that we have a very welcoming locker room. When I was drafted to Buffalo this year, I only knew 3 people on the team, but everyone was very nice and made sure I was comfortable. If you are thinking about joining our team, I’d be happy to hang out and explore the city with you on our off days, maybe we can cross the border to Canada and see some moose or something.

[Image: wMOao8d.png]

There's something special about Calgary. I don't really know what it is. I'm pretty sure it's illegal, honestly. Sure, the locker room is nice. Calgary itself is a nice city while also being close to some incredible natural scenery. There's stuff to do, and all of that is cool.

But I can't quite put my finger on why Calgary is the way it is. Over the years, they've won eight Challenge Cups, had five Ron Mexico Trophy winners and produced 15 inductees of the SHL Hall of Fame. You have to go back to Season 45 just to find the last time they missed the playoffs. That was close to 2 1/2 real-life years ago.

I don't know what's going on, why Calgary never sucks, why they continue to hang around as a top team in the league when most other franchises have to go through rebuilds and highs and lows. I'm pretty sure there's some voodoo magic involved. But let's be real, do you want it or do you not?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

My player, Lyle Odelein III, should actually be a 'free agent' this offseason.  His current contract comes to an end at the end of this season.  But there is no chance that he will be signing anywhere else.  He will continue being a New Orleans Specter for as long as they will have him.  So my pitch to all other free agents is simple.  New Orleans has had a history of being a contender since they came into the league.  The last couple of seasons, not so much.  But that is going to be changing soon.  We've been stock piling prospects and have created a great team atmosphere in the locker room.  We have some of the best up and comers in the SHL and they all want to see the same thing, New Orleans dominating the SHL yet again.  I was lucky enough to be part of the Specters of past, but I can't wait to be part of the future Specters and I urge all free agents to think about where they want to be a few seasons from now.  The chance to get in on the ground floor is now!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

For once during one of these prompts, I'm not going to have to drag on to pad the word count. It's all pretty plain and simple. Calgary offers one of the best locker rooms in the entire SHL. I don't have a reference point, but I can tell from my interactions with the team that everyone here bleeds red. They have such a family culture dynamic, and we use it to push and elevate one another. You can tell the majority of the roster is made up of adults, and the silliness doesn't start to fly until you mention Tom Wilson. Esa has done incredible work building this franchise into something we're all proud to be apart of. Izzy has taken the reins, and is very proactive with activities and locker room interaction. Also, have you seen our twitter feed? Best in the league bud! Overall, Calgary has a thriving social dynamic, is still relevant on the ice, and has some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure with interacting with on the site.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 11:55 AM by Ohtaay.)

- Going to write the pitch as if I was an expansion team in West Kendal -
Well I think the things most free agents want is a competitive team and somewhere nice to play with low taxes to ensure they are making as much money as they can on their contracts, well moving the team back to West Kendall as mentioned will bring a strong and competitive roster to Miami. Yes thats right Miami, as many know Miami has great weather and great night life so that the players can enjoy their time away from the arena. What else is Miami known for you ask? LOW TAXES, players will get to keep their hard earned cash and not have to hand it over to the tax man.

You may ask what are some other things that we are offering free agents? Well chicken fingers for one, and lots of them. At every team meal there will be a selection of chicken fingers and chicken nuggets with all the dipping sauces one could ask for. To be honest if this doesn't sell you on joining we probably arent meant for each other.

175 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 01:11 PM by CaptainCamel.)

Atlanta has so much to offer to any who are curious to explore their hockey career in this deep south city.

First of all, the locker room is fantastic. I've gotten along and connected with so many others in here you are certain to have a good time and make new friends on the team. Now I've only been in 2 other locker rooms (3 including IIHF), but I've never seen a locker room that is so passionate about otters. If you're an animal fan, you'll be welcome here, but especially if you're a fan of otters. Our otter channel is renowned worldwide. You'll be amazed at the different kinds of otters you see here.

As for the city? It gets a little hot here in the summer, but it makes putting on your skates and getting to the rink that much better. Nothing feels better than chugging along your hundred pound backs of equipment in sweltering heat walking through the threshold to an ice cold arena waiting for you.

WC: 177

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Well I haven't quite arrived in Tampa Bay yet, and I'll probably be a send down again next season by my estimation, but Tampa Bay has been great to me. Not only do we have great branding now (I love the bright colors), but the LR is super active, there are always people around chatting about anything and everything. There's even a dnd group starting up. The team LR is really it's own little community and they are really welcoming and awesome. The team is pretty full right now, at least on defense so I think the focus would be getting a top 6 forward in free agency, so that's who I would target the pitch at. I think I would also suggest that others on the team reach out and tell them how awesome the team is, because it really is great and I think multiple people endorsing it would be the best way to get someone's attention.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

With Anchorage, the pitch centers around the team and the culture. As soon as you the locker room, it is clear that there is a special dynamic. All the Alumni that are still active in the locker room are what really sets a minor league locker room apart from one another. There is also just such a funny group of people that are always posting about one thing or another. Gabe really has built a community around the team, I am sure there were others involved but I give Gabe a lot of the credit sense he is the GM of the team. On top of the great locker room, you have the on ice success. Anchorage is always in the hunt for the cup and always has top talent choosing to sign there. When I was a free agent, I did not know that I would be able to sign wherever I wanted. Once Gabe and I talked I knew that Anchorage was going to be the place for me and it hasn't let me down at all. Grade A experience.

Wc: 182

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]

This is probably the easiest thing ever, what does Seattle bring to the table? It brings rock. It is the birthplace of grunge, of dirty rock. Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, arguably Foo Fighters. If you love rock and a vibrant music scene Seattle is for you. It is coffee mecca, home to a great sports city. Winners in the Sounders and Seahawks and soon to be the Argonauts. It's a moody and brooding city sure, it rains a lot and can be chilly but its got spunk and charm all its own. If you're Canadian, its close enough to Vancouver and points north that should keep you from being homesick. It's home to Microsoft, so great deals await if you are a PC or Xbox player. It's scenic, plenty of mountains and little nooks and places to explore if you want to pack up and get away from it all after the season ends. It's within a short hop flight to any of the country's premiere destinations from LA to Las Vegas without the congestion of living in those cities.