Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 02:43 PM by Zoone16.)

One of the many snubs from the new All-Star game rules is Ryan Shepard ( @Naosu ), who has a stat line of 20goals and 52 points this season, as a setup man on a strong Chicago team, he has been solid in all situations whilst having a PDO of 98.4, indicating that there is still some room for him to improve based solely on puck luck. Being a second centre behind Westbroek, he is only 4 points behind him and a major reason as to why Chicago has rebounded this season in the Great Lakes division where every game is a must win to make the playoffs.
Another easy low hanging fruit that I could’ve used is Monkey D Luffy who has been pretty vocal about his snub from the All-Star Game who has unfortunately also lost a spot to the new rules as multiple players of the Buffalo Stampede took precedence over him.
Ultimately, the All-Star game is just an exhibition game and all in good fun. It is not a measure of performance this year, unlike the All-Star teams at the end of the year.
(186 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 11:02 PM by 39alaska39.)

The biggest SHL All-Star snub this season to me is Frans Eller, goaltender for the New England Wolfpack. Despite our teams struggles this season, Eller has put together another very very strong year that is not being supported by the team in front of him. A .923 SV% is a exceptional number for a goalie, especially when one considers that he has just 11 wins to go with that. Eller is, to me, the biggest snub this season for the SHL All-Star game and he fully deserved to be there. Goalies may be voodoo, but at the end of the day, New England wouldn’t be in the position that we are without Eller’s performances this season. It would be a disservice to his ability to ignore that and not give him the nod to go as a representative for the team at the All-Star Game this season. If nothing else, at least Eller didn’t throw an absolute fit about not making the team initially and I think he deserves credit for that unlike some other players.

WC: 176

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 02:18 PM by Ragnar.)

PH

Just kidding I’m just going to do it now. And if I was going to do it later I’d just do it later and not put a placeholder for no reason. That’s just stupid.

The biggest snub from the all star game was clearly Chimkin Wing. Isn’t there some sort of rookie thing like the NHL does? Wing is like second in points among rookies I think. That’s pretty neat. And tho he has like the second lowest points total of anyone on Buffalo, he is I think like number 6 in assists, so I guess the “playmaking forward” build or whatever it’s called is coming along nicely. Either way, Chimkin Wing was snubbed and I am extremely upset about it. I can only hope that one day the league realizes that though Wing isn’t very good at hockey, he still has a heart of gold.
Also as a member of Buffalo I have to defend Luffy’s honor, and though I understand it wouldn’t be fun nor fair for the rest of the league if the all star team was just loaded with Stampede players, it can’t be denied that Luffy is absolutely an all star in the league.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 02:10 PM by Bayley.)

The player that got snubbed from the All Star Game this year is Right Wing of the Texas Renegades, Alexander Watcher. Look at the year that that guy is having. He is a really balanced player with 26 goals and 25 assists for 51 points, but look at his +23. That is really impressive, how are you going to tell me that he doesn't deserve to make the All-Star Game? I think he absolutely deserves it. He also has 18 EV which is fantastic. I really cannot believe that he doesn't even get to sniff the game.

I think the other player that deserved to make it was Ryan Shepard. Ryan had 20 goals and 32 assists for a total of 52 points. Once again, he also had +27 which I think says a lot about the production on the ice as being a huge impact. I cannot believe neither one of these guys are going to be going to the game.

Words: 165

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

As a player who loves players who play physically, I have to say Boris Poroshenko. 273 hits in 45 games! That is insane and also clearly the best number in the whole league. The second-best hitter has lame 151 hits, which further highlights Porosenko's dominance in the physical game. Let's not forget his ability to produce offensively. 39 points in 45 games, +/- ratio of +20, he does not play in the first powerplay unit - a top two-way player and someone who I would have liked to see in the All-Star game.

Some say the All-Star game is more of an exhibition game where the fans get to see the biggest stars on the ice, but in my opinion, it's about time we bring hockey back and get the underrated stars into All-Star games. Get the grinders, power forwards, and two-way forwards in, so they can take shots at these stars. Right now, All-Star games are a snoozefest; ''look at me and my buds, we are going to pass around'' - every SHL All-Star ever.

Who gives a ***k, I WANT TO SEE HITS.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 03:16 PM by leafsftw1967.)

One player I was surprised not to see make the all star line up for season fifty nine was the super star center from the Chicago Syndicate Ryan Shepard @Naosu . He has been having a stellar season scoring an incredible fifty two points in forty seven games so far being over a point a game player being ranked eleventh in the league for points. I guess it can be tough to get recognition when you are playing behind a stud center like Martijn Westbroek @JNH being in the shadows of a guy who has regularly been one of the top forwards in the SHL for the past couple of seasons. I understand that this season the all star committee was trying to make the selections more representative for the whole league of teams but still think that Shepard should have been included especially since Chicago has had one of the hottest offenses in the league.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Every season we see some great and dominant play in this lovely league, however there are a privileged few that get in to the prestigious all star game, and of course, there are those who think they have achieved the honor only to find that someone else has taken their spot undeservingly. I was shocked to see that Hamilton Steelhawks goalie A Jobin did not make the all star game. Jobin has been the driving force to why Hamilton is leading the league with the best record, he has the most wins with 29, a .957 save percentage, and a 2.58 goals against average. No offense to Chicago’s Mat Smith, who is putting up similar numbers to Jobin, I just think that Jobin has a better win record and a better save percentage compared to Smith, which makes my point clear, that A Jobin, was robbed and snubbed of a well deserved all star game spot in S59.
(160 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

The big one that has been discussed around the site lately is Monkey D. Luffy, it feels weird to leave out the guy who is top 15 in points and tied for 7th in goals. I get that he has been there a few times before, but the guy is still having a monster season, and it would make sense in my mind to put him in the all star game. Another player from the Great Lakes that is having an insane season is Ryan Shepard from the Chicago Syndicate. Shepard has been a driving force on the Syndicate in the offensive zone this season, with 20 goals and 32 assists at the time of this writing, good for 11th in the league in points. It is just so bizarre to me that two of the top scoring players in the league can just get left off of the roster like this, but it is the nature of the beast I suppose.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

The biggest snub of this years all star game was the rest of the Great Lakes rosters. They're obviously the best at everything and the rest of the league is a talent vacuum, so we should be recognizing where all the talent lies and rewarding them accordingly. Awards mean nothing if they're not given to the best players, and it's no one's fault that all the best players are in one division. If we send unworthy people to the All Star Game it just cheapens the prestigious achievement that is the skills competition and the long standing tradition of the All Star Game. In the future we should make a more concerted effort to not include teams that don't deserve it to really inspire them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and move their teams to the Great Lakes division. Then we can have an All Star game that we can truly be proud of.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

When looking at snubs for the all-star game, I think everyone’s going to talk about how Luffy is top 10 in points, he’s a future HOFer, and on and on until the heat death of the universe. I would rather talk about a much more underrated player, Jon Forty-One. Jon is currently leading the Edmonton Blizzard in points with 45, 12 of which are goals and 33 assists, making him the team leader in assists. He is averaging 20:40 minutes of ice time per game, which is a very high amount for a forward. He doesn’t contribute as much defensively, with 33 hits and 23 blocked shots, but this is also due to how much time he spends in the offensive zone. Jon has a corsi for % of 61.9%, tied for 2nd highest on the team. This means he really drives play for the Blizzard, meaning he doesn’t need to block as many shots or hit as many players, as he is producing with the puck on his stick. Overall, Jon deserved to be an all-star this season, but to his credit he has been very humble despite being snubbed as Edmonton’s point leader and should be the example of how to handle a snub with class.

208 words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Just to get this out of the way first, congratulations to the folks who have been nominated to the All-Star Game! For the most part, they are all very much deserved and its a credit to their teams and seasons that they find themselves playing in the event. Now, with that said, there's always folks that sometimes get missed in these things, either because of bias or because the voters miss the greater story. One such person is going to be New Orleans Specters' goalie, Olli Saarinen, Jr. Olli has had a long, long season so far. He's played in 34 games (more than Texas Renegades' Cillian Kavanagh) and has faced 1567 shots. That is almost twice the amount of shots that Kavanagh has stood against. Yeah, sure, Cillian has better stats when it comes to the goals against average, but the save percentage isn't that off. It stands to reason that if Kavanagh was facing the same amount of volume as Olli, he probably wouldn't have the stats that Saarinen Jr. has at this stage. Not an offensive snub, but another example of voters not looking deep beyond league leaders in a couple of stats and calling it a day.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

I think when something like the All-Star rosters come out the immediate reaction is to see who didn’t make it rather than who did. So I would just like to say congrats to all those who did make it and hopefully the skills competition and the game itself was a great time.

When it comes to the topic of snubs, I think the two that are “obvious” (and I’m sure everyone reading this will know where this is going) would be Chicago’s Ryan Shephard and Buffalo’s Monkey D. Luffy. Both are having tremendous seasons being one of the top forwards on their respective rosters and being top forwards in the league in general.

This being said, I think a slight darkhorse snub would have to be Jon Forty-One of Edmonton. He is one of the elite playmakers in the SHL today and he leads the Blizzard in points. Jon is one of the few pure playmakers the league has these days, and his vision and ability to find his teammates is one of the best. When looking at team representation and just how good he is, Jon Forty-One is probably a bigger snub than Shephard and Luffy mentioned above.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

PBE Welfare Claim

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 11:44 PM by yosh.)

You know, I think every all-star this season was very well deserved, no doubt about it. This is not a jab at them, but moreso my blatant homerism, but I personally believe that the fact that none of the Argonauts defensemen, specifically players like Cassius Darrow, Gabriel Johnson, and Satoshi Zigzagooney, were selected to the all star game is quite a snub.

Yes, this initial argument is virtually 100% just pure, sheer, raw homerism from the beeg yosh, but honestly, I don't think it's too much of a stretch. Darrow has been a steady defender for the Argos, blocking shots and nailing hits, as has Satoshi Zigzagooney. Meanwhile, Johnson has double digit goals and been a steady defenseman.

Honestly, I don't really have any specific evidence to back me up here, but really, I'm just going off of homerism and saying that there really should have been at least one Argos d-man at the blueline, but hey, I get it. There are only so many spots in the all-star lineup. At least we did see Scarn and Kane repping Seattle at the all star game!

WC: 185

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]