Create Account

S59 mPT #5 - PT Ideas

If you could switch with another player in the league who and why.
Hockey players are the new stock market. Why should investors buy your players stock
Everyone likes pets. Tell us about your players pet (past or present) or just your pet. 
When the time comes to retire your player what do they wanna do after Hockey.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

One that I had primed for the end of the season (before all this shit happened, sorry :( ) was which playoff series is most likely to end with an upset. Gets everyone in the playoff mood.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

A PT especially for the start of the season (following the draft):

Your team has just signed their new rookies and the rookies are settling themselves into your team's city. As rookies, they're looking to room with another player on the team. Who would be the first to reach out? Who would be the best teammate to live with? Would you offer the rookie the opportunity to stay with you? If so, what would they be expected to do as a favour in return (i.e. dishes, laundry, etc.)?

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

PT IIHF idea - write something about real lifes ice hockey championship. This is a great spring for latvians thats why I'm on hype right now. But yeah, idea is clear, write something about real life.

I think a good mPT could be to talk about one of the strangest encounters the user's player has had with a fan. For a PT, I think an open one, kind of like how the kindness task is a thing now for CW, could be cool. Kind of like "talk about something league-wise you are passionate about, or not so passionate about, and why."

Someting like "Pick your dream line". You can pick every active player on the league and make your line. 3 Forwards , 2 Defender and 1 goalie , write about why you picked them.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

one thing that always do rounds in sim league apparently is trivia and I guess with new index and some guidance to forum threads/sheets could be a fun task here too

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

This has probably been suggested before, but i would like to see a PT that asks for input on how to spend the money that is collected from the SHL store.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

The "What If" Challenge. Over the past sim week, take a team and ask what if x happened what would change in those games. So, you could change a player, a goal, a line, or maybe even what if a disease shortened everyones season.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Wow I used to be a PT director in PBE and having a ton of ideas about PTs was always hard and always fun to come up with. There's always good holiday ones like halloween or christmas. There's charity (your player is doing a charity event). Something like that

I think a PT about the players home town fave food joints or even their current cities fave food joints would be cool. Anything food related tbh so the fatty in me and all those in Calgary can easily hit the word limit

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

"Season in review" write a short description about something that happened on the ice during Season XX. Please make reference to either awards, games played, season stats, or forum posts relating to events of that season (PTs without reference(s) will only receive half TPE).

Idea would be for the PT thread to basically be a crowdsourced history of that season. Would be cool as a mini PT or a weekly one OR a special event PT

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I love the say something nice PTs. It can never heart to do that once every other season. They are easy and make people feel good about themselves.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

I think a cool PT would be to talk about our players' youth hockey career before they were picked up by the SMJHL. Did they play high school or college, or were they discovered playing in a semi-pro league somewhere?

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

PT Ideas
  • Where do you expect your team to be in 5 seasons?
  • What previous SHL player have you most based your game on? How have they influenced you on and off the ice?
  • If you could travel back in time and play on any past SHL team, which would it be and why?
  • What has been your biggest failure in the league so far? What has been your greatest triumph?
  • You are in charge of running a Carnival for your club. What rides would you incorporate, which players would each ride best represent?
  • Compare your teammates to famous movies. 
  • Make a playlist of songs. Represent 5 of your teammates with these songs.
  • SHL D&D! Explain what D&D class each of your SHL teammates would be in a game of D&D
  • SHL Pets! What pet(s) does your player have? What about that pet makes them special to you

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]