Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:15 PM by luke.)

HUGE Thanks to @hotdog for helping prepare the Championships Week. Milestones should be up soon as well, and the link will be updated in the OP

So from Hotdog: I'm back from the dead with my favorite task!!! I hope you enjoy this buffet - hotdog

Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.
The deadline is Sunday, June 6th at 11:59pm ET.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.

One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S59 season (on or off the ice)
- S59 playoff round-up
- S59 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S60 predictions
- Expansion draft predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 08:24 PM by SFresh3.)

PH

3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 16 TPE

1 + 3 + 4 + 12b + 12c + 15 + 17

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best
I'll give you two:
  1. Toronto North Stars
  2. Bean Hockey Network
Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?
Looking at all the current 18 logos in the SHL, and only using one of that animal/being (so no groups of things).

The obvious first out would have to be the: 
18) Tampa Bay Barracuda, they are just a fish, pretty much the lowest of the lows on the food chain, so they can be eaten by any of the other mascots. 

Next comes the remaining non-fictional animals in the following order:
17) Hamilton Steelhawks, ignoring the steel part since that isn’t an actual animal, a hawk doesn’t offer much in regard to a fight. 
16) Edmonton Blizzard, they are a fox, weak if you ask me. 
15) Baltimore Platoon, an eagle isn’t as majestic and strong as Americans make them out to be.
14) New England Wolfpack, wolves are good hunters, but just not the best here.
13) Los Angeles Panthers, panthers are in the same boat as the wolves.
12) San Francisco Pride, just one lion isn’t the best, but it deals with everything before it.
11) Buffalo Stampede, a buffalo can be quite the adversary.
10) Manhattan Rage, a bull is a beast of an animal, and can beat anything already listed.

Then comes the humanoid grouping in the following order:
9) Seattle Argonauts, still just using one and not a full squadron, an Argonaut was a good fighter, but the technology has advanced since then.
8) Minnesota Monarchs, now, I’m talking about a Warring Monarch, not a sit in the castle and hide Monarch.
7) Texas Renegades, a criminal in the West, guns and all.
6) Chicago Syndicate, mafia members weren’t something to trifle with.

After comes the mythical group.
5) New Orleans Specters, a ghost is something difficult to deal with, but aren’t the biggest of worries.
4) Calgary Dragons, a DRAGON!  The quintessential beast when thinking of a fantasy land.
3) Atlanta Inferno, the phoenix beats the rest due to the ability to constantly revive.

And finally, we get to the celestial bodies.
2) Winnipeg Aurora, an Aurora is formed when solar winds from the sun strike particles in our atmosphere and excite the electrons.  This is not something any being, real or imaginary, could take on and survive.

Which only leaves us with the winner of the whole fight.
1) Toronto North Stars, we’re talking about THE North Star here.  Stars are very large sources of nuclear fusion, and Polaris is 50 times the size of our sun.  Nothing would be able to even get close to this in the fight.

(400 words)

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE

Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.
Playing in the Great Lakes
Can be quite difficult
Not a single team there are fakes
Just look at the Regular Season result

The teams, there are four
But the ones that makes playoffs are three
There really should be more
Due to the Great Lakes being the best there can be

One team will always be left out
They will have to sit at home
Where they will be alone to pout
When the rest of the teams fight for the chrome

Next Season Chicago will go out West
While three remain to fight for the Best.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
b. I would have to give Texas the edge here.  Sure, it sucks to always be the bridesmaid and never the bride for the Season 56 and Season 58 Challenge Cups, but they more recently won a Cup in Season 55, having to go through Hamilton in the Semi-Finals to do so.  Texas is trying to get the Great Lakes sized monkey off of its back, after being eliminated by one of them each season since the 12-Team Playoff Bracket started back in Season 56, and what better way to do that, than with a Cup.  (95 words)

c. I prefer the Texas logo and colors over the Buffalo ones.  I think that the buffalo style of logos is way too overplayed for the city of Buffalo in real life, there is the Buffalo Bills NFL Team, NHL has the Buffalo Sabres logo with a buffalo on it (why?) and was just a buffalo, or “Buffaslug”, back in 2006, and finally there’s the Buffalo Bisons, which are a Triple-A Baseball team.  Texas’s colors are a simple black and silver coloring and are in opposition to an already established Texas team in the Dallas Cowboys.  (95 words)

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Fresh

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Milestones +2

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 12:59 PM by yosh.)

Code:

Easy, the SHL is the best because of its immaculate vibes

WC: 11

Code:

So right away, I honestly don't know how an aurora borealis is able to take damage or deal damage. I think it is safe to say that the Aurora would be disqualified just for not being able to fight.

The next out would probably be the human related logos. Either by human nature where they take each other out, or they foolishly think they can stand a chance against wolves, a raging bull, a buffalo, or a bunch of angry birds ready to swoop down and have human meat for lunch.

The barracuda would likely not survive outside of water unless this battle is happening on some pool float in the middle of the ocean. That's another out.

That brings up another point: how would a specter fight as well? I guess they'd be invincible from the fight in that case.

Anyhow, you have all of these land animals and bird animals, but is nobody gonna address the fact that there's a dragon? Unless it's one of those komodo dragons that can't fly or anything, I doubt there's any chance that the Dragon doesn't win out. Just breathe some fire and take out the land dwellers, use the size to take out the other birds, and that's an easy victory.

WC: 210

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I think, without a doubt, it has to be the Hamilton Steelhawks. I would say they were one of the huge favorites to win the Challenge Cup this season (although, that's kinda been the case for the past few seasons), so to see them get upset by the Texas Renegades was a bit shocking. Not the most shocking, since the Renegades are, by all means, an incredibly strong team in their own right. Still, to see a Great Lakes juggernaut get upset like that is still really shocking to process. It will be really interesting to see how Texas does against the Stampede for sure.

WC: 105

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I honestly want to use this time to highlight my fellow Team Russia. I honestly think it'll be exciting to see how this team does given how this young core has performed in the SHL this season. Long John Donair and Vaseline Podcalzone were big names in the rookie scoring race this season, and with them uncapped and growing, along with a large batch of players that had uncapped last season, I can see Team Russia being the dark horse of this tournament. I mean, we did finish fourth last tournament, so this season would be a huge one to prove that Team Russia's success last year wasn't a fluke.

I honestly do not know enough about how players are going to perform, to be honest. I think your regular big names in the league are going to perform perfectly well, although the biggest wildcard is which players come in and surprise everyone with a massive performance in the tournament.

WC: 160

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

A. I think the Buffalo Stampede are the greater offensive juggernaut between the two teams. They have one of the best offensive defenseman in the league in Augustus Wang who, if I recall correctly, is currently leading his team in points. The Stampede truly can find offensive from anywhere in their roster. I don't think they really have a weak line.

WC: 60

B. Again, definitely Buffalo. As a Great Lakes team with such a stacked roster, that came really close to winning the Challenge Cup in recent seasons, I think the expectation is that they have to be able to prove themselves by winning a Challenge Cup here. I personally think that a Stampede loss in this Finals would be a bad upset for the team that's been having an insane season.

WC: 69

C. Texas' logo is alright, but that being said, the color palette being black and white doesn't seem as interesting. Buffalo's green and yellow colors work together really well, and their logo does the job really well. The team being branded as the Stampede also works pretty well since, well, the team is in Buffalo.

WC: 54

D. If it's in the summer, I wanna say Buffalo? It might be a hot take, but it is close to the Canadian border and Niagara Falls. On top of this, it's awfully close to Rochester, the home of the Garbage Plate, which looks like a great culinary experience. That being said, I think Buffalo in the winter is probably not that great, so in that case it would probably be Texas.

WC: 71

Code:
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

Oh god, well, I know some folks will tell you to "eat the beeg yoshi" right, but since the instructions specifically state eat another player and not a user... yeah, I don't think Vaseline Podcalzone is all that tasty. So what player would I eat?

Oh god I'm sorry... but I'd probably have to eat Pasta the Turtle. It's cruel and I don't want to, but if it's the most dire, life or death, eat or die situation, then I think Pasta would be able to get me through it with his carbohydrates.

Thankfully, this is all just a totally hypothetical situation which ideally will never happen, which is wonderful. I don't think I could ever personally forgive myself for eating Pasta the Turtle.

WC: 124

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

pt pass

aaand done!

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 05:40 PM by Faelax.)

1. Quebec City Citadelles

5. The Hamilton Steelhawks are probably the best team to not make the finals this season. Their roster was stacked from top to bottom, featuring the league's first one hundred point scorer in Theo Morgan, forty goal scorer Elijah Jones, and dominant center Aaron Wilson, the Steelhawks were the winner of this season’s presidents trophy for the top team in the regular season. The Steelhawks breezed past the Edmonton Blizzard in the quarterfinals, but were stumped by the eventual cup champs in the Texas Renegades in the semis. Hamilton has made almost all of the finals in the FHM era, and it is weird to not see them there, although it is a welcome change of pace.

6. For the past few seasons, IIHF has been dominated by Canada, Great Britain, and the United States, and I do not expect that to change this season. I would not be surprised if those three teams were the medal winners this season, but there are a couple teams that could surprise this season. Germany had a strong showing last season, and are a dark horse candidate for a repeat visit into one of the medal games. The Swiss are also looking to be pretty good this season, and the Japanese team has the top end talent to take some games for sure. If you are looking for a pick for IIHF fantasy this season, at forward I would look at someone from Canada like Aaron Wilson, or a sneaky pick would be Eko Van Otter from Norway. Augustus Wang looks like the top defenseman of the tournament, he should be a huge contributor on both ends for the Canadians.

7. One of the most bizarre crossover fandoms in the SHL is the sighting of Buffalo Sabres star Jack Eichel at the Buffalo Stampede’s second round series vs the Atlanta Inferno. Eichel is apparently a huge Stampede fan, and he can frequently be found in the upper bowl on Sabres off nights. He was interviewed during intermission one night, saying that “It’s nice to see some good hockey in Buffalo for a change, because the Sabres ain’t doing so hot right now”. Sabres management was not happy after seeing that comment from their star player, and are reportedly looking to trade Eichel this offseason.

15. Flex

17. Milestones, 5 earned

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 06:20 PM by sve7en.)

Code:

Best people and content

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why

The Hamilton Steelhawks were easily the best team to not make the finals, after being upset in the semifinals by their division rival in Buffalo. Their roster was loaded top to bottom - as evident by two of their players likely being top 5 or 7 picks in the expansion draft as well as having a disgusting top end consisting of two likely first team all pros in 100 point scorer Theo Morgan and his setup man Aaron Wilson. This team handily won 56 games, and added on an OTL to rack up an insane 113 points in the hardest division in the league, them not being in the finals is a monumental disappointment.

113 words

Code:
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Some teams like Manhattan and Los Angeles rack up the celebrity fans like nobody's business, but one standout celebrity fandom is the love that the rap duo Outkast has for the Atlanta Inferno. When they were founded they teamed up to produce a goal horn for the arena as well as some hockey related streetwear inspired by Atlanta's history and rap scene. You can frequently find Andre 3000 in the first row behind the Atlanta bench with some guests all having a laugh with the assistant coach on TV timeouts. Their presence has definitely elevated the sport for the southern city and it's been rewarding for both sides on the business end as well.

114 words

Code:

a. Both teams have remarkably similar levels of offensive firepower, and relevant. both top lines produced about the same, though both on roster pages and on the stat sheet I'd lean Buffalo. They have a slightly better 2nd line and scored 30 more goals this season which borders between somewhat relevant and very relevant (53 words)
b. Texas absolutely has the bigger chip on their shoulder. They've gone the last few seasons with the league as a whole not thinking they were good enough, while Buffalo has been competing with the best of them. Losses hurt, but the opinions of the league sting more after a few seasons. (51 words)
c. While I don't like Buffalo's much in both color and theme, I think it's notably above the Renegades. The greyscale theme and hockey stick logos both don't do it for me, and Buffalo's jerseys and logo design are both good even if the material to work from doesn't hit for me. (51 words)
d. Having spent weekends in both already, I'm inclined to choose Dallas for the city, but it's entirely a weather dependent bit. I can deal with summer, but Texas summer is rough, and the same goes for Winter. In the spring I'd lean Dallas but would go to either pretty happily compared to some other cities. (55 words)

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.

Verification: e

Code:

+2 TPE

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 03:05 PM by slothfacekilla.)

Code:

fem boy hooters (is it femboy?)

Code:
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

First of all Jimmy Slothface is a kind soul so he isn't going to be going out on the ice with weapons and trying to kill all of the opposing players, that just isn't in his soul.  First thing's first he is probably going to dress up in full goalie gear because he does not trust the opposing players in the SHL one bit in this purge scenario.  Jimmy will be able to withstand (within reason) attacks by opposing players and still be able to try to play hockey to the best of his abilities.  I imagine that most of the game will devolve into mayhem with this purge no rules situation, so Jimmy would have to just move slowly and calmly in his new goalie gear to try and navigate it all.  He could probably employ some non-lethal weapons into his arsenal as well, maybe some sort of trip wire guns that would tie  up opposing players' legs.  That way he could get away from attackers as well.
Code:
169 words

Code:

Since we are a simulation hockey league and not a play in real life hockey league I have to imagine the celebrities that the SHL would attract would largely be streamers from Twitch and whatnot.  Sadly I do not know a ton of streamers and I'm going to have to pull up Twitch here.  Alright immediately I was greeted with a hot tub boob streamer Amouranth on the front page and I feel like that sort of vibe would gel with Tampa Bay.  They are a younger crowd and by the beach so I think that would fit with her being a Tampa fan.  I noticed Dr Lupo on my follow bar and I know that he runs a lot of charity streams so I think he would just be a fan of the SHL overall with our charity efforts in the past.  Overall I think streamers would be the megafans.
Code:
150 words

Code:

I know hotdog had an apology to Julio for this prompt but I am going to have to go with hotdog as another player I would eat (yes I am going with his username and not his actual player name but I do not care).  It would definitely be tempting to eat Julio because there are just so many different cuts and ways that he could be cooked to be eaten.  Plus there is a lot of him to go around so you theoretically would not need to murder multiple players in this situation.  But for some reason a nice hotdog from a stadium sounds really good right now.  I would slather it in ketchup and relish and then go to town, adding nutrition to my player so that he can withstand the full SHL season.
Code:
136 words

Code:

First of all I think I need to do the first eliminated people.  First I think the Winnipeg Aurora would go, what can lights really do to opponents in a fight?  I guess they could blind the other side but then they couldn't really do anything else.  The Argonauts probably are out near the front too since they are just boats.  I know they have painted eyes on them but I do not think that means they are alive.  So they would just sit there.  The North Stars are another dud that couldn't really do much in a fight. Maybe they could supernova and explode the other side but then they are dead too.  The Syndicate would probably be toast since I do not see a weapon in their logo (they could really use a gun).  The Monarchs could use their scepter but that probably would only go so far against the other teams.  The Renegades are tricky since they imply weapons somewhere, but I think eventually they would lose.  The barracuda are probably too small and would rely on water too much.  There are a lot of fierce animals in the SHL logos but I have to say that the dragon probably is going to come out on top here.
Code:
211 words

Code:

Another championship week post and another time for me to say the same thing I always do about my IIHF predictions since there isn't much parity in the league these days (at least in IIHF there is a tiny bit more I guess). Canada are the odds on favorites to win it as always. They have a great player pool to draw from and they seem to have good management who has access to the auto strategy google sheet that seems to be out there. I have to think that they are going to continue their run of gold medals. Then Great Britain is probably the next favorite after nabbing the silver medal a few seasons in a row. We still have a strong lineup with a lot of depth especially with some younger players coming into their primes. I also have to imagine OrbitingDeath's player, who had an excellent season for Los Angeles in the SHL, is looking at being one of the top scorers for the IIHF tournament. He should lead the way for Great Britain. After that, I imagine the US will hang around near the top despite them always seeming to choke when it comes to the medal rounds. After that I hope everyone just has fun.

Code:
211 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 11:19 PM by hockeyiscool.)

17/16

Code:
Code:

Kalakar is why.

[3 words]

Code:
Code:

I would say the team that was the best to not make the finals of the Simulation Hockey League Season 59 Playoffs was the Hamilton Steelhawks. The Steelhawks had a blistering regular season that saw the points record in a season broken with the Steelhawks getting a total of 113 points across the regular season. The Steelhawks are also perennial finals participants since the switch to Franchise Hockey Manager 6 so to see them be beaten by the eventual Cup winning Texas Renegades in 7 games was kind of a league wide relief and a break from from the staleness of a Buffalo vs Hamilton Finals.

[106 words]

Code:
Code:
It is once again time for the IIHF tournament and I think the results will be more similar to the results of last season’s tournament. I fully expect Canada to come out swinging hard returning with their back-to-back winning roster that is pretty much unchanged. Anchored by Frans Eller in Net with Phillip Weaver backing him up. Canada is still fielding Matt Kholin, Dick Clapper, Aaron Wilson and Gabe Johnson just to name a few of their already capped players Canada also has seen tremendous growth from Rotticus Scott. So I expect Canada to finish first in the group stage and easily make an appearance in the gold medal game. Another team that I haven’t talked about in the past but is primed to make a push to make it out of the group stage is Norway. Norway is at the right time to strike. With this being Goku Muerto only having one or two more tournaments left and Axel Meszasros hinting at hanging up the skates early it would be nice to have him send these two out on top. In addition to having the one man band of Ekko Van Otter the reason for the hype around Norway is that they are finally fielding depth. With the youth of Ole Olson and Vladmir Petrov coming into their own it will be exciting to see these two start to be primary producers for Norway.

Teams I expect to underperform for expectations, Japan. Just because I’ve had expectations for them to be a medal round team for the past 4 seasons. I could see this being the season that they are on the outside looking in.

[276 words]

Code:
Code:

B. I think the team with the larger chip on their shoulder is the Texas Renegades, just duo to the nature of having such a large time period since their last cup win. Due to Buffalo winning a cup within the last 5 seasons and being to 3 finals in the last 5 seasons it is not that big of a deal for Buffalo to lose. If Buffalo had been facing Hamilton again I think there would have been a massive chip on their shoulder to win but that is not the case.

[93 words]

C. Between the two brandings of Texas and Buffalo I prefer the Buffalo Stampede’s Logo more. It is not because I like the Buffalo Stampede’s color and design a lot, it is more because I’m not that big of a fan of the black and white logo. It has too many similarities to the Oakland Raiders for me to like too much.

[61 words]

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

D.K.

Code:
Code:

Dwight Knight is not one for eating the homies but if push came to shove and we had a Donner Party level incident I would probably start off with someone light and eat Grape Fruit. For one Grape Fruit is low in calories so a moment on the lips isn’t a lifetime on the hips. In addition to being a low calorie food Grape Fruit will help ward off scurvy with the large amount of vitamin C that Grape Fruit contains. Grape Fruit is considered to be a fruit that is high in fiber which curbs appetite. One of the reasons I would eat Grape Fruit is that Grape Fruit is has a large water content where eating someone else might not help with the dehydration like Grapefruit would.

[129 words]

Code:
Code:
SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): 

Claiming 2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 09:27 PM by Nike.)

Code:
It's the best.

Code:
I’m turning every opponent into a turtle. I’m grabbing them by the jersey, unhooking their fight strap and pulling the wool up over their eyes, quite literally. If you can’t see you can’t play the puck and you most certainly can’t defend or score. And if that’s not good enough, it seems like the next most logical thing to do would be to break sticks. In fact, for the SHL’s purge game, I’m coming out with a metal reinforced stick to make sure that all of my slashes break the sticks of my opponents. Sure, it might be a little bit more challenging for me to pass and shoot. But it won’t matter when all my opponents have to play with are their feet. Obviously, clearing the goalies out is a pretty big deal. We’ll probably just grab the goalies as a team and move them from the net and let our best players play keep away from all of the opposing players with their sticks broken and their jerseys pulled up over their eyes.

Code:
This is the easiest championship week task of all time. Duh. The north stars come out victorious. Stars live like 10 billion years. That stupid dragon, died of hunger. Wolfpack, nope, wrecked by the dragon. The Aurora? Whoops, the sun came up and now its gone. Blizzard, laugh out loud, here’s summer time with the Inferno, you idiots. The Monarch’s reign has ended and the Steelhawks have probably rusted from all of the Panther poo that has slowly worn away at their precious metals. The Panthers and the pride probably out here looking like Mufasa after Scar pulled his nasty tricks and sent the Stampede out into the gorge. I think of all the organizations, only maybe the Specters have a chance, but I assume ghost busters looks for its 15th revive of the series some time before the 10 billion years is up. I mean, they’ve already made like 3 atrocious films since the first. The North Stars win, oh the irony.

Code:
D. Dallas and it’s not even close? Have you ever been to Buffalo? Like it’s claim to fame is a chicken wing, which I can almost certainly get at some barbeque joint while I’m enjoying the beautiful dry heat of a Texas afternoon. I’m most likely going to be playing golf in Dallas. In Buffalo, I might like see a plane fly over head? It’s a no brainer, a weekend in Dallas.

Code:
Verification Word: Nike

Code:
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3044782
+3

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 01:25 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:

#Killowna 4 star Finals

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

[Image: image0.jpg]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

@DannyC

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

Code:

I’d probably have to eat Maxime Bouchard.. first off he drinks allot of Java which means I’ll immediately get a caffeine kick from the meal which is important if i have to run some errands. Also he’s been a dragon for many many seasons which means there should be tons of PEP (performing enhancing parms) in his system which hopefully #ARye can use for his 4-Star cup run. And lastly WT enjoys good heavy metal music which could potentially be fun to listen to while eating arms and legs… I don’t want to eat Bouchard, but with alittle soy sauce, salt and pepper.. it could turn out to be a #delicious meal.

Code:

DEFENSE
Goals -> 10 or more = 13
+/- -> +18 or higher = 30
Penalty Minutes -> 16 or fewer = 8
Shots on goal -> 155 or more = 195
Hits -> 56 or more = 64
Shots Blocked -> 65 or more = 74

16 TPE

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 10:02 PM by bluesfan55.)

Code:
I'm always invested in the IIHF tournament as a fed co head and it's a time that I always enjoy. And after our surprising group win last season, I think Switzerland will be in and around the medal conversation again. We're getting younger with the additions of Luukas Lilja, Anton Mihailov, noted fun guy Yan Dolff, and everyone's favorite alien Narboza Manyhands. We have a strong, young team and should be able to make the medal rounds. However, Canada and Great Britain are the favorites yet again because of course they are. Russia could play spoiler again after goalieing us in the first medal round, and I think the US' continued slide shows no sight of stopping. Finally, Germany are always a tough team, and I think they can make the final behind the goaltending of Scoochie Stratton and a strong lineup anchored by stinky jeffie (although tomen is cool tho so there's that).

Code:

I think that the Wolfpack would be able to draw noted Bostonians like Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg. Ben Affleck would randomly show up to games in an Edmonton Blizzard jersey. The entire Atlanta rap scene, led by the Biggest of Bois and Andre Three Thousand, would rep the Inferno with pride and turn home games into a nice spectacle. Toronto would get Drizzy Drake to show up and become a "global ambassador" like he is with the Raptors. Since Los Angeles is in, well, Los Angeles, many big hollywood stars like George Clooney would come to games; Manhattan would get some as well like noted hockey fan Margot Robbie.

I think based off of their scoring this postseason, and in the regular season, it's the Stampede, who finished three goals behind Hamilton for the most goals scored this season (308 for hammy, 305 for buffalo). They had four players score at a point per game pace and rookie Chimkin Wing's 34 points were the lowest on the team, which is still a point per two game pace.
The Renegades. They got the Steelhawk monkey off their backs by winning a thrilling seven game series and now come into the finals with a point to prove: break the Great Lakes dominance and prove that the top team in the West can be the top team in the league as well.
I think that the better colors out of the two are Buffalo's yellow and green, and they have the way better hockey location in Buffalo, but everything else goes to that clean Renegades logo. Plus, Buffalo's logo is basically Toronto's but with a different centerpiece, so for originality I'm going for the Renegades with the better branding.
Buffalo is a cold, boring, depressing city that has nothing else besides hockey and a border with Canada. Texas has an actual nightlife, actual tourist attractions, and Dallas would have far better weather and other sports teams to watch when having a long weekend there. So I would gladly take Dallas as a place to stay for a long weekend.

I think that the Hamilton Steelhawks (yes, I know, me showing bias to my current team) were the best team not to make the Simulation Hockey League Finals. They had the best regular season in SHL history, racking up 56 wins and 113 points. Theo Morgan scored the most points and goals in 66 game history, staking his claim to being the best simulation hockey league player of all time. Hamilton scored 308 goals, only losing 4 games at home. Goaltender A Jobin bounced back from a shaky last season with a 2.29 GAA and .917 save percentage, staking a claim to best goalie in the league. The Steelhawks combined a strong offense with a strong defense, forming an all-around dominant team that realistically should've won the finals.

If you are going to eat a simulation hockey league player, you are going to want to eat a player that would provide great nutritional value and a player whose remains would last for days, being a filling meal. While noted cow Julio Tokolosh would be the trendy pick, I am choosing Buffalo Stampede winger Chimkin Wing, who is a literal chicken. And I love eating chicken. As such, since chicken is close to being my favorite food, I would eat chicken Chimkin Wing. It would be a healthy meal that would hopefully last for at least a week or two if I rationed my portions wisely. Mmm, chicken.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 03:26 AM by steveoiscool.)

1. 3 TPE: Pingy pings everyone

If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, the first eliminated would definitely be the Barracuda. I mean, yeah, Barracuda are nasty fish, but ultimately in a world full of Argonauts, Phoenixes, Dragons, and Specters, fish are pretty low on the totem pole. The next eliminated would likely be the Syndicate or Renegades, most organized bodies of crime have a pretty specialized set of skills against law enforcement, not Stampedes or Panthers. The most likely team logo to win would be the New Orleans Specters though. They are the only ethereal mascot, and while there are plenty of strong mascots like dragons, panthers, monarchs, so on and so on, none of them have any means to fight with an adversary they can't actually hit. Therefore, the Specters would win not by necessarily being the strongest, but by being the only target that can't be touched.

4. Written, 3 TPE

My green Stampede, you inspire me to write.
How I hate the way you pass, score and shoot,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about the clean jumpsuit.

Let me compare you to a keen buffet?
You are more special, amusing and weird.
Lean breeze flaps the bruising dancers of May,
And the springtime has the golden crown beard.

How do I hate you? Let me count the ways.
I hate your mean attitude, skill and hands.
Thinking of your musing skill fills my days.
My hate for you is known through the lands.

Now I must away with a biting heart,
Remember my eared words whilst we're apart.

The Vancouver Whalers were the best team to not make the finals this season. Finishing the season at 10th, no one would've blamed them for rolling over and exiting the playoff early to focus on next season. Instead the Whalers beat Carolina in 5 games, then took the top seeded Kelowna Knights to 6 games before finally succumbing. The Whalers gave the league a sneak preview on what they should be expecting to see for the next couple seasons, and the rest of the league should be scared. Vancouver's young and hungry core will be contending for multiple four star cups.

My prediction for this season's IIHF tournament is that Sweden is going to come up big. A Jobin is goaltending for Sweden, backed up by Vancouver's pride and joy Jon St. Ark. This tandem of goalies are going to literally not let a single goal in all tournament, and at that point it's almost irrelevant what the rest of the team is doing, since all they have to do is luck into a goal and they'll win every game. However, they won't have to luck into a goal with offensive talent such as Gunnar Soderberg and Karl Krashwagen. These players can score in their sleep, which is good since all they'll have to do is sleepwalk their way to victory as Jobin and St. Ark stop everything effortlessly. The rest of the teams should probably just start playing for silver and below, since the gold is all but locked up by Sweden already.

sven

If I had to eat another SHL player, I would most likely eat Strawberry Sailfish. Sailfish hasn't updated much and has played mostly fourth line minutes, so I know there wouldn't be any bruising on the meat that I would get. Also, fish is great mostly anytime, but if you add in strawberries then you've got a downright decent meal, not even a desperation meal. The only downside is that Strawberry Sailfish is quite small so if I am this desperate then I don't have a meal for a very long period of time. But if I'm getting desperate enough to eat my teammates I at least want it to be a good meal.

16/16

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:37 PM by Kyamprac.)

Code:

Hockey best sport

(3 words)

Code:

If there are no rules, I have to say the idea of scoring any goals to win a game seems kind of moot. All anyone has to do to take away your win is climb over the boards to the scoreboard controls and change up the numbers in their favour, or sweep your legs out from under you before you can change it yourself. That said, if the scoreboard does still matter in this situation and the purge idea applies only to things you can formally get penalties for.. I would just probably trip, crosscheck, and slash my way through players to get the puck on net. I would really have no shame in this situation because I'm sure most others would do the same if those scary purge movies are any indication. Also I would hate to be a goalie in this situation, because I imagine one of the first targets on the ice is going to be him to open up that net. 

(232 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE

Our season is over, no more games for now
We must wait for the season to start anew
The offseason is long, we'll manage somehow
Until then we bid you adieu

Today I will practice my golf swing
Tomorrow I will visit the zoo
Maybe I'll go try that new thing
Or go on a trip in a canoe

No hockey can get boring
It's often tough to get through
But next season we'll be soaring
And showing what we can do

The offseason is long, we'll manage somehow
Please send help, I don't know what to do now

Code:

Duh, obviously I'm going to say the Winnipeg Aurora. In my totally unbiased and professional opinion, this is one of the best if not the best team in the SHL. Stats not good enough you say? Roster too young or needs some tweaks? Pah, what do you know. This team should win a championship based on its beautiful branding alone. Just thinking of the Aurora in the Canadian night sky gives me goosebumps. Besides having one of the best uniforms in the league, the guys in our locker room are just awesome human beings which, let's face it, are pretty hard to come by in today's world.

(107 words)

Code:

Verification Word: eeevillll

Code:

As much as I love Southpaw and his player Duncan, I didn't even hesitate to think of him as being first on my list for this. I would absolutely cook up that big ol' walrus on an open fire. Technically I couldn't be labelled a terrible cannibal because he's not a human, and he would keep me and probably a couple of other players fed for a while. Plus he'd probably taste okay, although maybe a little fishy, and we could probably use his extra fat for other survival things. It's kind of morbid to think of him this way, but I think he'd understand. Maybe.

(106 words)

Code:

+1 for fighting

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 11:27 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 1: (3 TPE)

I helped build it.

Task 5: (2 TPE)

The best team that didn't make it to the finals is a very obvious choice. In the SHL, the top team, by far, was the Hamilton Steelhawks. They've been the best team in the league for what seems like forever and this season was no different. They dominated their way to 113 points and a staggering +163 goal differential. They entered the playoffs with a bye and then quickly dismantled Edmonton in a 4 game sweep in Round 2. In Round 3, they faced a very tough Texas team who finished third in the league, but Hamilton was still the better team. Well, wouldn't you know it, but Hamilton ended up losing in the series in Game 7. The far and away best team in the league just couldn't hang in there and get it done when it mattered the most. Fatigue from years of deep playoff runs? The end of a dynasty? They are facing these questions in Hamilton going into a very interesting off-season for them.

(168 words)

Task 7: (2 TPE)

The SHL has a cult following compared to the mainstream attention that the NHL has. It's a group of hardcore fans who have embraced the league since day one. Now, since that day, the fan base has grown a lot. There has been more coverage of the league in sports media which has brought in a few, more high profile, fans. One team in particular has gained a rather famous celebrity group as their super fans.

In Hamilton, they've built themselves a perennial juggernaut. With success comes popularity and a big name rock band from Hamilton has strapped on for the ride. I'm talking about The Arkells. Already embracing other Hamilton teams like the Tiger-Cats, you can find the Arkells in their box suite at most home games. They've also recorded their own Steelhawks anthem that plays at each home game. They've really embraced the team and the partnership has been great for everyone involved.

(155 words)

Task 12: (4 TPE)

Buffalo has the stronger offensive power and I don't think it's particularly close. In the regular season, Texas' leading scorer was Alexander Wachter with 71 points. Buffalo had 3 players with more than that, led by Aron Hernadivic with 93 points. They scored 33 more goals in the season as well. In the playoffs, Texas is led by Kondos with 12 points, while Buffalo has 10 players with more than 12, including the top 4 scorers in the playoffs. Give this one to Buffalo in a landslide. (87 words)

I think this is Buffalo as well. Texas not being there for so long I don't know that you come with a chip on your shoulder. This team is completely different from the one that was here last so they don't carry those losses with them. This is their first chance to make an impact and they haven't had the chance to lose and get that chip. Buffalo, however, has been here very recently and with mostly the same players. Coming up short in the finals as many times as Buffalo, they have a whole bag of chips on their shoulder. They need to win, to prove to themselves and to everyone else that they belong at the top with the likes of Hamilton. The chip is squarely on the shoulders of the Stampede, and so is the pressure. (139 words)

I think both brandings are very clean looking, but I'm taking the Buffalo branding. Texas is a good look and a cool name, but Buffalo has the more unique look to them. The green and gold is not a colour scheme you see a lot, especially compared to silver and black. It's an uncommon team name as well, but works really well with the city. The logo is also very clean and has that classic circle look that teams seem to be moving away from. Thumbs up for the Buffalo Stampede branding. (92 words)

Much like the other answers, this one is a no brainer. I'm staying in Dallas. First thing I would do is get some famous Texas BBQ. Next, I would head out to AT&T Stadium where the Cowboys play. I want to see that magnificent structure with my own eyes and hopefully catch a Cowboys game while I was there. I would also want to rent a Jeep and drive out and experience the open desert. At night, I've heard some really good things about all those country bars they have down in Texas. I like a would rather enjoy my long weekend there in Dallas. (105 words)

Task 15: (3 TPE)

Verification: Strongo

Task 16: (2 TPE)

Hypotheticals can be fun to think about, they really get your brain working and get those creative juices flowing. However, sometimes those hypotheticals can get downright strange. Like this one, where we find ourselves in a situation with absolutely nothing to eat, except each other. Which SHL player would I hope to find so I could devour them for their nutrition? There is only one answer, and that is Tony Pepperoni. First of all, come on, he's actual pepperoni. Second, pepperoni has a decent fat content and that is what you need when food is scarce. The fat will turn into long term energy in your body so it will sustain you for a long period of time. Pepperoni is also cured meat so the shelf life is very long which is so crucial in this situation. Sorry Tony, but I'm coming after you first.

(145 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 11:20 PM by Wally.)

Fuck me... Not this again.  SHL could make some serious dime if you would let us lazy bastards pay $20 to get out of this every season.

05-28-2021, 10:21 PMLeafs4ever Wrote: Task 1: (3 TPE)

I helped build it.

Also more than three words damn it. You are banned. Smile

[Image: Wally.png]