Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 09:08 PM by Dagumpa.)

PBE PT +3

Task 1 +3
Bob hits boys

Task 2 +3
Now if you know Bob Duncan, he's already a pretty dirty player. This comes to the chagrin of his employer, Disney, who believes Bobby's hits and fits go against their family-friendly image. So you know what? If the SHL decided to go completely clean for a day, Bob Duncan wouldn't do a damn thing dirty. He would play the game straight. So straight that it looked boring. Hell, Bobby won't even play with the puck or show any of his stick skills. It's all fundamentals for Bobby on purge day. And we all know how much the kids love fundamentals. And no hits, of course. No fights either. Ok...I don't think Bob has ever gotten into a fight in the SHL...or in his life. But, any semblance of a fight will have to wait past purge day. The real crime is Bob Duncan depriving the SHL-faithful of the Bob Duncan they've all grown to know and know. What a cruel, sick man. 
Code:
162 Words

Task 5 +2
While it was nice to see the top two teams record-wise make the finals in the SMJHL, there was one team that definitely deserved a better run. That team is the Newfoundland Berserkers. While the Kelowna Knights were, far and away, the best pound-for-pound team in the SMJHL during the regular season, the Berserkers had a very solid argument for number 2. For starters, the Berserkers had a better scoring differential than the team than Anchorage, the team that made it over them. The Berserkers also played in a pretty competitive division against the Citadelles and the Timber. But alas, the Berserkers did not draft Bob Duncan. Therefore, they had no chance in the 'offs. 
Code:
115 Words

Task 16 +2
Oh boy...Bobby sure is hungry. But it's not one of those appetites that I can easily fill with a few drumsticks or a comically-large snickers bar. I must consume...humans. Let me name some of the players I am content with eating. Pablo Salvatici is the first name that appears on the 'players' section of the SMJHL index. He sounds Italian, which is generally delicious. He also had 69 points during the season which is yummy in a different way. I think I should eat someone not well liked among SMJHL players: do everyone a favor. Boris Petrov would then be my choice. He got into more fights than any other player in the SMJHL. This is a weird prompt. Merry Christmas. 
Code:
121 Words

Task 17 +3

[Image: duncan_png.png]

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

SHL is fun. 

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

So for the record, this is absolutely horrifying as a goalie to consider. Goalies are the most exposed players on the ice, despite wearing the most pads. If everything is legal, you know people are going to run the goalie every chance they get. Just starting at the opposite red line and gaining as much speed as possible and coming in, skates out, into the goaltender. Obviously we can't have that, and need to consider a way to protect ourselves. My player will take inspiration from the Greek phalanxes of old. On the goalposts and attached to my pads will be spears of various lengths. If someone wants to try and run into me he's going to be getting a face full of metal for their trouble. In addition, I'm also showing up in plate armor because I'm not trusting one of these guys to not be playing with some sort of axe instead of a stick.

Quote:7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Hockey in New Orleans is potentially a difficult thing to sell to the public. I mean, I don't know if you've ever been to New Orleans but it is about as hot as the sun and, while there is a lot of water around, not much of it is frozen. Celebrities, however, might be able to help get in on the action. I think there are a few folks who would be fans, like Anthony Mackie, aka Captain Falcon from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Reese Witherspoon would be another Hollywood star who would cheer on her local team. There's also way too many musicians to name from New Orleans who would cheer on the Specters.

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification

Quote:16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

So, if we were trapped in the ice rink or locker room and with no potential escape, and we had to eat someone, I suppose my pick would be Olli Saarinen Jr, the other goalie on the New Orleans Specters. The reasons are two-fold. On one hand, yeah it removes an impediment to the starting goaltender job for New Orleans, which my player greatly covets. The other aspect to consider here is Saarinen's raw size. He's 6'2" and 181 pounds. That's a lot of meat to go around and to keep my player fed for a long time. Sorry Olli, but its time.

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones here

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

CW pass per @"luketd"

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

SHL Community Awesome

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Enemy can make me vulnerable if they bring a lot of cute animals into ice, because after that I couldn't play hockey at all, because I will be more focused to pet them all and give them a lot of good treats and play with them! Cute animals have always soft spot in my heart and I will always have time to pet them and make them happy! So they could easily bring all their cute animals in my home and I can't even come to the stadium, because someone need to take care of those cuties. And that some would be me, of course. Also I think that if enemies hide my skates, that would be hard to play without skates at all and that would make sure that I need to buy new ones as soon as possible, if no one couldn't borrow me pair of thoses. Very weird situations for sure!

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

It's easy to say that Hamilton didn't appear at finals is big surprise. They had strong regular season and they won cup few times before, so they definitely know how to win. At juniors I would say my own team Detroit Falcons. We had a strong team and we still fall down so easily again and again. In my era, we never won any playoff series, which is truly sad statistic and I hate to mention it at all. Detroit should achieve more than that for sure and it's even hard to find any reasons why we can't make it working, even we tried so much.

Quote:7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Nash of course. He is already the most loyal Detroit Falcons fan and in my opinion, he is the most cutest dog in SHL for sure. I'm very proud that we have a lot of cute animal fans here in Detroit and they will always believe us for sure. Nash is so charismatic and kind dog and he will always protect his territory, even at Detroit stadium. If you can't hear anything, that's maybe because our fur friends bark and cheers so hard! It was pleasure to play at our home stadium when they was cheering to all of us, even we can't win the cup.

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA 3 TPE

Verification word: NASHYCW

SMJHL Milestones +3

16/16 to Anton Mihailov

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 09:11 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

Fitted Hockey Network baybee! The freshest and dankest takes in sports!

---

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

The Winnipeg Aurora would win, because it can't be destroyed. Dragons can breathe fire at the aurora and it'll probably just reappear by science-y magic, North Stars can cause supernovas and the Aurora will still shine somewhere. Land-based creatures can only sit and stare at it. Specters would presumably be exorcised by the Aurora if they tried to cover it in darkness. The Aurora will outlast everything.

The worst off would probably be the Barracuda, as the weaker bird teams could hunt it, and the land mammals would not really be threatened by the beast.

As for mascot battles, it would be necessary to know who everyone's mascot is. Winnipeg might use a bear as a mascot, which would open up some possibilities. It would probably be a close battle between the Dragons and the Specters, but if the Platoon was a literal Rambo-type solider or something and not just an eagle then they might be in it with a chance. Barracuda would probably still lose very badly.

---

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Hamilton Steelhawks are an obvious one for the SHL with their vast coaching and technical experience, coupled with a strong roster capable of big goal production, paced by superstar Theo Morgan and his 100 point season. Hamilton however ran into problems with A Jobin not having his best playoff, while Cillian Kavanagh was lights out for Texas and warranted strong consideration for playoff MVP. Overall Hamilton would probably win about 40% of the time just starting the playoffs from scratch, but it wasn't their year sadly.

SMJHL seems like the best team won, even if Kelowna has a few unpopular individuals. However, for sentimental reasons I would've liked to see Colorado get the gig, and it would've been nice to see the Raptors succeed after some violently up and down years. Plus a few talented Raptors veterans such an Yanno Rosejac and I believe RESO were in their final years with the team. Oh well.

---

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Well I hesitate to use the word celebrity, but I think Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho of All Elite Wrestling fame would be big fans of the Winnipeg Aurora, as they're from the local area and support the IRL Jets I believe, but neither guy could draw a dime if you gave them a silver crayon.

LA Panthers would have a flood of wannabe celebrities and rappers in its fandom, but I don't know if those fans would really be down with the color schematic. Manhattan is probably super popular amongst east coast rappers for its striking black and red color scheme. New England would be a sentimental favourite because Boston main character lol.

---

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: TrivialPursuit

---

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046251

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Code:

Because it is.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
I’m going with the Buffalo Stampede’s offense here.  They’ve got Aron Hernadivic, Matt Kholin and Monkey D. Luffy, all three of which were in the top ten in the league in points (93, 81, 77).  I know that they are part of the Great Lakes division and their numbers are a little inflated, but these three have been household names for a while now and are known performers.

b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
Having to wait 23 seasons before getting another chance to win the Challenge Cup would be tough.  I hope I don’t have to wait that long for another shot at glory.  But let’s be honest, some teams have and will wait longer than that. Losses in back to back finals would sting quite a bit and potentially adding a third would provide a whole lot of motivation.  Going with Buffalo here again.

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
Texas Renegades, all day long, for sure.  The Renegades branding is top notch.  When you think Texas, you think cowboys and cowboys and renegades go hand in hand.  The colour scheme is great too, black and silver reminds me of the Lone Ranger (I know, I’m old) and the colours just fit. 

d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
I’ve been to Buffalo, well, driven through Buffalo and I got to say, I wasn’t overly impressed.  I’ve only had a stop over in a Texas airport (Houston) once.  So, I would for sure select Dallas.  I reckon there would be a whole lot more to do in Dallas and I like checking out places I’ve never been to before.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word - Wednesday

Code:
SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

Milestone claim - +3

ISFL affiliate - +3

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 06:24 PM by hewasajazzman.)

SHL is the best cause of all you people. (9 words)

puck

SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

+1
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 06:15 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

Code:

The great community

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Latvia is in a unique situation for the first time in a long time. The roster is now fully unbanked with regards to its defenders and only 1 forward remains at 425 tpe. The team is almost done picking up the pieces from the great collapse and I frankly the team is in a tight race with Russia to grab the last playoff spot for the round robin. While Russia really only has one lethal scorer in Jakub Bruchevski (where as Latvia has 3), the Russian's have built themselves an impressive line of defenders. Currently tied for the least goals allowed is definitely impressive and I feel when the two teams do eventually meet in the tournament the question will be can Latvia's offense penetrate the wall? Obviously I am bias as I do play for team Latvia and want them to win, but I am hoping that we can find some cracks and create a flood of goals

Code:

Legendary Belarusian native Gary Vaynerchuk is a huge team Latvia super fan. With Belarus not having a IIHF team, the nation has placed its support behind the prosperous Latvians! Gary flys out to every IIHF game they play and has his own seat right beside the players bench. He recently started giving out scholarship to European teens who show high potential to become SHL athletes and pays for them to train in Latvia with their legendary IIHF players like Kaspars Claude. Word on the street is the next big talent is a teenager by the name Oles Kobliska. He is suposidly the next big center to come out of the nation, although he continues to train and has not yet declared for the SMJH draft

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Augustus Wang has my vote for the most valuable player for the season fifty nine SHL challenge cup finals. Having a +19 is absolutely ridiculous as a defender and not to mention he found the back of the net seven times and also contributes to Buffalo's success with 18 assists. Some would say he is a big reason as to why guys like Monkey D. Luffy are so good. It was surprising to see buffalo lose, but one thing is for sure. Wang was not to blame and I am happy to see a western team take down one of the great lake empires

Code:
3 tpe for milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046436

Code:
3 tpe for triva

Yeet

16/16

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Code:
Because of hockey

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.
As the off-season comes we gather around;
Those of us in the lottery hoping for luck;
While cheers from the playoffs are quite abound;
I look at the balls and feel like a schmuck.

In the announcement I see that we have no balls;
Neither did the Great Lakes which was a relief;
We traded ours to Tampa which had me banging the walls;
But the return we received ended my grief.

As we now have a great man and player too;
I no longer have any worries at all;
Even though the playoff dreams we blew;
I celebrate the call up of Halkohol.

We grow and we grow, and soon it's our time;
Other teams should be afraid when we reach our prime.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
Definitely Buffalo. At the end of the regular season they had three players in the top-8 in scoring. And when looking at the top-30 Buffalo has six players while Texas only has three. The reoccurring blowouts with Buffalo on the winning side was something I started expecting after a while. Winning by 6, 7, 8 goals was never out of the picture.

Code:
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
I gotta say Buffalo again. While Texas has fought for decades to reach the finals there's something slightly worse with actually making it. But then not winning it. It's such a tougher loss to deal with. You come as close as you possibly can. Only to have to go home with no more trophies to show for it than any team that missed the playoffs.

Code:
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
I like Texas' branding more. The green and yellow color combination is not a favorite of mine. And black is just a color that always works no matter what. While Buffalo has a more daring and standout branding. Texas looks better because it's so neutral. I also like logos more than aren't a circle or a shield. Feels more unique.

Code:
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
I want to visit Dallas just to say I've been to Texas. Forever I've heard about Texas being the state for barbeque. So of course if I go to Dallas I'll have to try out the abundance of barbeque restaurants. And of course anything grilled out there. Can never go wrong with grilled steak. So I guess what I would do is eat.

Code:
trivivivi

Code:
+3 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045418

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Ham and Juke

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

I’d probably add a thin metal lining to my stick shaft. Nothing too heavy so that it’d throw off my game. But it’d serve a few purposes. One, I’d have a sturdier stick to defend myself from other players with their own dangerous tactics. A metal lined stick will be very useful, and will also prevent my stick from breaking. Second, it’d be a very, very effective weapon on the ice. Crosschecks and slashes would hurt like a bitch, with some major pain being inflicted by metal on unpadded areas. Overall a very helpful two way tool during a hockey purge.

I might also add some extra padding past what the regular SHL rules permit. With everyone else looking for ways to injure opponents, adding extra padding and protection beyond the regulation standards would help in protecting myself. Maybe I’d wear a full cage to protect my face from the infinite shoulders that are sure to come my way.

The Newfoundland Berserkers were definitely the best team to not make the finals. They were a very strong team throughout the season, playing all *fully* active players. No semi-actives/straight up inactives who signed contracts and then dipped. I think, at least. I’m pretty sure everyone on the team was somewhat active in the LR throughout the season. But we had quite a few players crack the leaderboards in various stats, and had a few lines that just clicked really well. Leon Athanasios, Nike Kickz Jr and Jesse Trudeau were some of the leaders on the ice, and the exceptional leadership team deserved to get a cup win.

Honestly, I think the largest superfan or celebrity fan could be Jared Keeso, from Letterkenny. The show has had a couple episodes where Newfoundland teams/players are involved, so I think he could be a Newfie fan. Gronk would probably be the best celebrity fan for Buffalo, as a native from Buffalo. I think his style would fit in really well with folks like Monkey D. Luffy on their team, just disruptive and destructive. For Atlanta, I think there’s plenty of folks to select. Spike Lee is a Knicks superfan, but I think he could also add the Inferno to his list as well. Would be pretty hype. Maybe even Kanye.

Gatorade

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045758

and in case I fucked up trivia:

16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

This is the most painful thing I could ever do. But Newfoundland has prepared me for this specific situation. We have a lovely lad. A lovely defenseman. A young man who has put his heart and soul into the team. And I suppose into my stomach as well if this situation becomes necessary. Pasta the Turtle. He’s literally made out of pasta. It’s a situation that really, has been ordained by a higher power. Who am I to refuse it? But yeah, he’s probably my selection to eat him. Maybe Ekko Van Otter second since he’s an otter and has some decent meat. If it was users though, now that’d easily be hotdog. Yum.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 08:07 PM by CaptainCamel.)

Code:

Fantastic Friendly Faces - Claim 3

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Binder's a pretty small player on the ice, but he's got spunk and tons of heart. While he's short as shit, he can still run the opposing team through the glass if he wants. With that aggression in mind, he would absolutely start using his stick to just whack the ever loving shit out of his opponents. We're aiming for the face, too much padding everywhere else. He would also make sure to bring back the cage helmet for the day. Yeah people will joke on him and call him a little bitch for taking that way out, but we'll see who's laughing when they're on the ice picking up their entire row of teeth. While this might be a bit unrealistic to be able to untie the skate in time, he'd love to take a page out of Happy Gilmore's book and take his skate off to use as a weapon as well. He's attempted this in practice and it's much easier said than done. WC: 166

Code:

If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

There are some mighty fine logos in the SHL.....and a couple not so much. Starting off, I think Toronto would get instantly eliminated by Texas. What is that....a leaf on the tower? Cool. I think Chicago would be another close early elimination right behind Toronto. Who the hell wears a fedora anymore. I don't care if you're a gangster or in the mob or what, fedoras should be illegal. The final 3 fighting for that top spot would likely be Atlanta Inferno, Calgary Dragons, and Manhattan Rage. As much as it pains me to say it, we would probably be seeing Calgary coming out on top. I mean, it's a freaking dragon... come on. A small part of me wants to see Buffalo make it to the #1 spot, but I've heard more than a few people in the league disagree. The green and yellow is spot on for a color palette, and the art of the Buffalo is just *chefs kiss*. It wouldn't win, but I felt the need to call that one out. WC: 175

Code:

Camel

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Absolutely, 100%, Bean Beanman. I'm sorry. I love him and it would pain me so much, but I mean, HE'S BEANS!! Not only is he Beans he's DOUBLE Beans! Beans are one of my favorite foods and they are chock full of protein and other wonderful nutrients my tiny baby body needs. My second choice would probably be Puddles O Duck. I would feel even worse about this because ducks are extremely cute, and I'm also a little concerned of what these puddles are. Did the duck pee? Is it just leftover water from floating around? Is it succulent stock for max flavor? WC: 103

Code:

Juniors Claim - 3 TPE

Total claim amount: 16

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 09:18 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Sports, Friends & VIdeogames

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Haha this question immediately made me think of a Flula Borg interview on Conan O'Brien that is about that very topic, I can definitely recommend checking that one out on YouTube ("Flulas take on American Sports" or something). But I digress, there certainly are some interesting Contenders here... Wild Animals, Forces of Nature, Murderous Humans and, well, Buildings I guess? A favorite to be eliminated first would probably be the Barracuda, I mean they are scary as shit but if the fight doesn't take place in the water, their options will be severely limited. Some of my favorites would be the Inferno, the North Stars, the Panthers and the Aurora. The Inferno logo features a Phoenix if I'm not mistakes which should be very hard to kill for good, whereas the North Stars and Panthers logos feature building or whole skylines. I guess their usefulness will be highly circumstancial: Match them up against the various animal-related logos and they'll have an easy time, but if they end up facing a Platoon or an Inferno then they'll have a problem. And lastly the Aurora... How do you even beat some freakin polar lights? I definitely see them making it all the way to the end for their sheer surviveability, but the problem for them will be to actually get the last kill. What can they do, make it too bright for you to find some rest so you end up dying from sleep-depravation? Doubtful, given how romantic most people perceive those Auroras to be...

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a) I would have gone with Buffalo and I guess I would have been wrong. The Stampede have so much offensive talent that has produced with remarkable consistency for years, but many younger pieces of the Texas core have just started hitting their prime with players like cup-winning-goal-scorer Edward Williams and he and other players like Eric Hudson and Burlok Sulfurgold will probably be among the leagues very best soon.
b) I would say Texas. Even with their recent losses to Hamilton, Buffalo is a team that has just had so much success over the last decade or two that i think they might be a little saturated and that some complacency could settle in without them even noticing it, whereas Texas is a team that is hungry for success after not having a lot of it for years.
c) To be completely honest I'm not that much of a fan of either one. The Buffalo Stampede branding is... okay, but it's also rather obvious and neither particularly original nor stylish. It's not bad, but not great either. And I've just never been a fan of the whole Renegades brand in general. I love me some good black-and-white designs but in the context of a game like this they tend to be boring, and their whole concept is too close to some real life teams as well. So I guess I'd have to pick Buffalo here.
d) As a real life Sabres fan who has never really been to the US (only to NYC but that doesn't count), Buffalo would probably be an easy choice here so I can watch that other hockey team that plays in the city while also having a chance to visit the Niagara Falls and maybe take a trip to Canada as well. Then again, Dallas would not be a bad option either as I think the differences between Texas and my home country are much bigger than those between my country and Western New York, so I could probably have some new and unique experience there that I couldn't have in Buffalo.

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: Cornflakes

Quote:16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Edmonton sure is a team with many enticing options here, Julio Tokolosh and Tony Pepperoni sure are prime culinary options for obvious reasons. However, However I think that Los Angeles is an enticing option as well due to all the Jimmy's we've racked up in recent years... For some reason, not sure why, the word "Jimmy" tends to make me think of snacks and a name like "Jimmy Jimmy" just sounds like a brand of weird delicious treats as far as I'm concerned. Lastly, you never go wrong with eating a member of the Wastlund family simply because i imagine the effects would be very similar to those you get after eating a pot brownie...

+2 - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045434

Code:

Because it is the bomb dot com.

Code:

Awww yiss, I love me a good battle royale. The logo that gets eliminated first is really the easiest question here, because it's going to be the aurora. Don't get me wrong, I love me some northern lights (even though I've never gotten to see them in person, boo) but while it does have the ability to make the other mascots look up to the sky and say "ooh, pretty," they're really not going to do that for very long. I guess you could argue that you can't really grab and aurora and that it could just hang out there and win, but it's going to go away anyway when the sun comes up. North Stars would probably exit almost as quickly for some similar reasons. OK, so which of these mascots is actually fierce? That bull in the Rage logo could definitely mess some people up, same with the Calgary Dragon. You have to think that one of those would ultimately emerge victorious despite being a bit slow. However, the New Orleans Specter is the true wildcard. What is the extent of its magical powers? That could be a game changer here. (193 words.)

Code:

I think most people are going to be in pretty good agreement that the answer here is Hamilton. They had the best record, they had players leading the way in just about every stat. They're totally stacked, just like they've been for the past few seasons. Them not being in the finals should be considered a major upset but, you know, most of us are just happy not to have to see them win it all again, because we're like that. But you know how it is, they'll just be back and better than ever next season. Some regression, sure. But they always seem to find a way. (108 words.)

Code:

I guess I should admit that I can't think of any celebrities that are known to be hockey fans other than members of The Tragically Hip, so I don't have as much material for this as I should. I guess I have to think of some other notable Canadian celebrities. Drake would probably be into the Toronto North Stars, right? Well, as long as they're winning. He doesn't want to be seen in the stands of a team that isn't winning or at least on the up and up. In that case, I guess he'd be more likely to be a Hamilton fan right now, but he'd probably prefer a more glamorous city. Anyway, who else is from Canada? I can only think of people from Toronto right now. Wait, isn't Bret Hart from Calgary? Would he like hockey? Perhaps you'd see him in the stands at a Dragons game. (150 words.)

Code:

friendly

Code:

Claim!

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 09:16 PM by micool132.)

Code:

Claiming 3 TPE

Code:

The big winner would obviously be the Atlanta Inferno. The logo is a Pheonix, which for the uncultured is a long-lived bird associated with Greek mythology that  regenerates. A phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. It is also made of fire, which would burn all the other logos of the league, especially the Champion Renegades, since they are made of flesh. It can also kill auroras, syndicates and even barracudas.  Now you might say that some could kill the bird, sure, but that bird will reborn from it's ashes everytime. Get rekt.  The first logo to lose would be the Pride.  How many times have we heard " it's time to swallow your pride"? Something that can be defeated just by getting swallowed wouldn't fare long in a battle royale.  I also think the barracudas would lose quickly, while it is high atop the food chain, many of the other logos are either mythical creatures, or apex hunters in the human form. Get fished son.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

My predictions for this IIHF tournament is that the Great-Britain team will absolutly dominate all of it's former colonies back into submission, kick ass to other foreign nations, and crowd itself as the champion again by winning another goal. That team has it all, selfless forwards, sturdy defense man and brick walls goalies.  They play in a relatively easy division which should make it easy to qualify for the championship rounds, and then elevate their game to crush their opposition no matter who it is.  The players I expect to do well is Guy Zheng. The guy is a legend, a former Dman that switch to forward making him extremly reliable on both sides of the ice and being a lethal weapon as a scoring option.  I expect them to win the gold against the United States of America, to show them they should ahve remained a good little colony. Independance day? more like Independance it's time to pay amiright?

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Karlo Kekkonen should be the one getting the mvp for the Texas Renegades. The forward is a complete player. He racked up lots of hits, got a few clutch goals and setuped his linemates with saucy assists. He was a big part of why Texas was superior to the Buffalo Stampede with his offensive play but also by being sound defensively. Kekkonen racked up a lot of hits and a couple important takeaways while not giving it up much.  Another key element of his MVP nomination should be his leadership. The guy exudes big brother energy and all his teamates wished he was their brother. He stood up to adversity, passed thru it as a team and decided to kick it up a notch when his team needed him to. Many of his teamates deserved to be named MVP, but it feels like he was the one elevating his teamates up to his standard to push them to a cup win.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:

verification word : tocaps

Code:

2 TPE from milestones https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046504

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 09:28 PM by karlssens.)

Code:
Because the S stands for Super! [imagine Ralph from the Simpsons saying it]

Code:
The big dogs are gunna eat so it's no shocker I have the usual suspects at the top of each pool. USA, Canada and Great Britain have established themselves as IIHF powerhouses with Sweden taking big strides to join them. At the other end it hurts to see Latvia being out performing by even the most recent expansion countries. Just not a lot of Latvian users any more I suppose. My darkhorse would have to be my boys team Norway. I don't think we're ready to sit at the big kids table yet, but we have a nice blend of solid veterans and promising youth which should open a window here soon for us to compete before the veterans retire. Player wise my Blizzard boys will dominate again. Tokolosh is fresh off a tournament leading 17 point performance last IIHF round robin and the year before that it was Jon Forty-One with 21. They both play for dominant squads in USA and Great Britain respectively so I predict they'll put up nice numbers again in the S59 tournament.

Code:
A. There are 3 Buffalo Stampede players on the regular season point leaderboard ahead of the first Texas Renegade player so on that alone I'll give the edge to them. TPE wise the two are close, but Buffalo's weapons seem to have done a better job of converting, or at least their big guns do. If the big guns are rolling everything else is just gravy.
B. I like to think Texas is playing with house money here. No one, or at best very few, expected them to dispatch the reigning champion Hamilton Steelhawks so while they naturally want to win and cap off the amazing post-season it would still be a success if the lost. Buffalo meanwhile would be real chapped to have come so close 3 years in a row and lose in the finals. It's the big "what if" and it's definitely on some peoples mind.
C. Hard not to like the Stampede. Green and gold go well together, the circular logo is conservative, but never a bad choice. The best part is that in addition to being a team name it's also a fun play on words since Buffalo's have been known to stampede. I also have a bit of a soft spot for teams that pull off the non-plural branding.
D. No knock on Buffalo (ok maybe perhaps a small one) but as a Canadian I'd hardly call a trip to Buffalo a worthwhile vacation. Pretty much the same as far as I understand it. Dallas on the other hand sounds like a wonderful excursion. The heat, food and overall vibe are a stark contrast to my igloo and would be most welcoming.

Code:
karl

Code:
Karlstraße Scholz

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride