Create Account

Player TPE Trajectories: Atlanta Inferno

06-11-2021, 07:22 PMBy-Tor Wrote:
06-11-2021, 04:33 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: How do you calculate TPE growth? In the past I've used TPE per day and TPE per season, the latter a bit overzealous for newer players but tuned better for regressing players.

This is only measuring claimed tpe before each offseason post. Any tpe claimed after an offseason post is rolled into the next season. This method does have a mild affect on output: one of the players above only claimed like twice a season, so they see a big dip and then a big gain in back to back seasons. It's all manual - combing through update pages for tpe totals at offseason post dates. Hence only one team being published rn.

oh, this is a historical graph, gotcha.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

@By-Tor Let me know if you want to team up! I think I can think of a way to both get the data in quickly and I can provide interactive visualizations. See for instance Visualizations/Player Similarities as an example.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

06-11-2021, 02:42 PMhotdog Wrote:
06-11-2021, 10:23 AMleviadan Wrote: This might be a totally ignorant question because I know nothing about TPE curves and the amount of TPE that's available now vs. in the past-- but do brighter minds than mine have any idea whether or not the pandemic has been playing a role in there being more high earners? People not taking vacations and therefore not missing two weeks of stuff, people like me that were unemployed for a year, that kind of thing? Is site activity / PT completion just higher in general?

there are more systematic causes of tpe inflation, like introducing an extra weekly task (primetime), predictions TPE being easier in FHM than STHS, mock draft TPE growing relative to before, extended offseasons yielding extra ACs and trainings, and removal of the PT cap. what you mentioned probably affects the number of people that can fully max out TPE, but the ceiling itself has definitely gone up for other reasons

It's crazy how quickly it's happened! I'm S43 and was the 20th player to reach 2k, some other 43s did it quicker. We'll probably hit 100+ players to have reached 2k TPE by the time S53 players are regressing.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

06-12-2021, 02:44 AMTommySalami Wrote:
06-11-2021, 02:42 PMhotdog Wrote: there are more systematic causes of tpe inflation, like introducing an extra weekly task (primetime), predictions TPE being easier in FHM than STHS, mock draft TPE growing relative to before, extended offseasons yielding extra ACs and trainings, and removal of the PT cap. what you mentioned probably affects the number of people that can fully max out TPE, but the ceiling itself has definitely gone up for other reasons

It's crazy how quickly it's happened! I'm S43 and was the 20th player to reach 2k, some other 43s did it quicker. We'll probably hit 100+ players to have reached 2k TPE by the time S53 players are regressing.

Fucking fantasy rng bullshit tpe I would have hit 2k too

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-11-2021, 07:29 PMluketd Wrote: @Blastmeaway  you got anything to help him out? He's manually pulling the data Sick

Yikes

Ya I’ve got numbers 99% of updates that have occurred since like S44.

The other person to talk with would be @RedCapeDiver he probably has a bunch of info too

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

06-12-2021, 10:10 AMSlashACM Wrote:
06-12-2021, 02:44 AMTommySalami Wrote: It's crazy how quickly it's happened! I'm S43 and was the 20th player to reach 2k, some other 43s did it quicker. We'll probably hit 100+ players to have reached 2k TPE by the time S53 players are regressing.

Fucking fantasy rng bullshit tpe I would have hit 2k too

You also spent the majority of your career getting 8 less TPE from equipment

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

06-12-2021, 02:28 AMCanadice Wrote: @By-Tor Let me know if you want to team up! I think I can think of a way to both get the data in quickly and I can provide interactive visualizations. See for instance Visualizations/Player Similarities as an example.

For sure! I really like those visualizations. This post was just kinda a preview and test. Maybe I can cop that data from @Blastmeaway

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

06-12-2021, 03:28 PMTommySalami Wrote:
06-12-2021, 10:10 AMSlashACM Wrote: Fucking fantasy rng bullshit tpe I would have hit 2k too

You also spent the majority of your career getting 8 less TPE from equipment

Truuu fucking equipment rng bullshit

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-12-2021, 03:37 PMBy-Tor Wrote:
06-12-2021, 02:28 AMCanadice Wrote: @By-Tor Let me know if you want to team up! I think I can think of a way to both get the data in quickly and I can provide interactive visualizations. See for instance Visualizations/Player Similarities as an example.

For sure! I really like those visualizations. This post was just kinda a preview and test. Maybe I can cop that data from @Blastmeaway

Hmu on discord

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]