Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 06:13 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S60 SMJHL Rookies (S61 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, June 20th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 08:29 AM by platanocat.)

Wing Wang the Left Wing Wurmple scooted across the threshold of the double doors to the locker room. The very first thing that stood out was the towering presence of a giant moose. “WOW! Melvin the first round draft pick!” Said Wing Wang. “It’s a pleasure to meet you” said Melvin. Then they high fived (or like… high hoof and high little wurmple arm). Let’s be best friends said Wang. Melvin replied “Ok.” Wing Wang was glad to be drafted to Nevada Battle Born and super stoked to already be making friends. Then Jax entered the room. Wang questioned how this nerdy lookin’ fella would be as a GM. Wang had already met Jess who was super rad. How would this guy do? Jax hushed the room to make an announcement. “Welcome to all our new rookies! Everyone gets $4 million.” Fuck yeah. Wing Wang was rich and to be living in Las Vegas.

[Image: Wing_Wang_Wurmple.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2021, 09:42 AM by WithTheMoose.)

It was a spectacular day for Adelie de Pengu as he found himself drafted with the third overall pick by the Anaheim Outlaws. He wasn't sure what to expect overall because at first he was a bit puzzled. Anaheim? Anaheim didn't sound like a comfortable place for a penguin habitat. It almost sounded warm and dry. When he arrived though he was welcomed with open arms and his teammates were eager to get him involved. They went as far as even bringing in the penguins from the local zoos to give Adelie a huge welcome home. They let him know that all the penguins of the world would be watching his career closely and that he was a true inspiration to them all and someone for young hatchlings to look up to. Anaheim went all out and gave him his own, specialized home outside of the stadium equipped with an icy pool and plenty of yummy fishes to eat. Adelie couldn't see himself anywhere else in the league after this kind of welcome!

Also known as IsaStarcrossed for ISFL affiliate!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

When I first got into the locker room alot of the guys were just chilling, the team just finished their most successful draft they could have had this year. I was greeted by alot of the current players on the team and got to meet the other rookies, shown around the property from the locker room to the gym, pool, basketball court and track and nutrition center.

The locker room seems like a good group of people committed to winning a championship this year, lots of experienced players, and there always seems to be guys on property willing to chat it up or just hang out and talk about how we can make our games better for the team.

I think all in all we should be a real threat to win the whole thing, I'll be looking forward to it and possibly bringing home a rookie of the year award.

As Bjorn walked into the Outlaws locker room, it was a fun, exciting experience. He was part of a large, renowned draft class for Anaheim, with other rookies such as Grogu Mandosson, Adelie De Pengu, Adriano Donini and Dobby Hintzskanen. Daniel Merica Jr. was the first to welcome him in. “You’re going to be on my line to open me some space out there, right!?” Jack Micro popped over and shook Bjorn’s hand. “Welcome to the team.” Sekai Wollker, a member of the leadership team, asked how the flight was into Anaheim and what our living situation was going to be. Such a kind person! Valor was obviously super stoked to be drafted to the SHL recently, he was wearing a Manhattan Rage players hoodie while sitting at his stall. Stan Din’Desque came over specifically to Bjorn. “Hey Bjorn, welcome to the team. We’re at an exciting stage for the team and every bit of effort you can put in helps the team be successful. Can I count on you?”

You’re god damn right you can, Stan Din’Desque.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

it was a massive day for Big Newff as he was drafted with the 38th overall pick by the Maine Timber, as he was ecstatic about joining his first team and being drafted but didn't know how he was going to get to Maine. after he got a plane ticket and arrived in Maine he got a phone call from the GM telling him they'd be happy to show him the locker room as all the other rookies were meeting today as well. As I walked into the stadium it smelt like a forest, you could almost hear the birds chirping in the trees. As I walked into the dressing room nothing but warm welcomes from the management team and the new rookies, as we all began to talk and get s to know each other the management came back and gave us the nickname "the saplings" as we all will grow together and make a forest, as we all chilled in the locker room it was an amazing atmosphere where everyone was trying to help everyone and you could tell it was the spot for Big Newff.

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

It was a little nerve-wracking for Melvin to walk into the locker room initially, after all he was the first pick for Nevada, the first pick for this new management team. It was a lot of pressure, walking in that first time. He didn't want to hurt anyone, Melvin was a bit bigger than your average hockey player, and he wasn't quite sure what he would be walking into, but everyone was so incredibly welcoming from the get go. After a few more minutes, Willie Miller and Wing Wang also walked in. The wurmple especially seemed to be taken with the large moose. They high fived, and it seemed like the start of a beautiful friendship. All of the alumni and current members of the team were there as well, and they were so excited about the prospects that kept walking in, one after another. So many picks this draft for Nevada, and for a team that was coming into a massive franchise rebuild, it seems absolutely surreal how much talent they were able to bring in so early on. He knows it's going to be a hard road ahead over the next several seasons, but Melvin is excited to be a Battleborn. :goatnoises:

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Nothing filled Hans with more joy than seeing his own spot in the Colorado Raptors locker room. A spotless, shiny nameplate brandished on top and a beautiful jersey with his name and number hanging in the middle. As he was taking everything in, his new teammates came to greet him. Right defenseman and assistant captain Angus McFife XVII was the first one to welcome him to the team and to the defensive corps, expressing how excited he was to see the 2nd round pick in action this upcoming year. Then it was 2nd year Captain Ruggs McOoooh, who welcomed the rookie with open arms and with the enthusiasm expected from a good team captain.

It has always been Hans’s dream to play in Colorado, ever since he was a little boy in Füssen. Now that he is here he can keep working on his dream. And while he will be shredding the mountains during the offseason, he is going to be shredding opposing offenses until then.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 10:20 AM by UberBJ.)

Walking into the Detroit locker room was wild. Everyone was super welcoming and I noticed some old friends hanging around, which was a bit shocking and great. Management was cool and I found that I had a fair bit in common outside of hockey with them, we got into discussing Euro 2021 and how Finland is the most efficient national team of all time (1 shot/1 goal/1 win.....100%).

All my teammates, the coaches, and the alumni (who hang around drinking way too much beer) even offered to help me critique and focus on important areas of my game. I think they'll help me move away from being a goon and into a proper two way defenseman. Time will tell, but I feel confident this org will mold me into the best version of my hockey self.

As a side note - It got real weird when I noticed a few members and even some of management participating in some kind of cultish rituals. Turns out they all worship a supremely cute doggo named Nash. They haven't invited me into this select group yet, but I think they'll let me pay tribute to the pupper in good time.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Unlike many draft prospects, Samuel Kjellsson wasn't there for draft day. He knew he wasn't going to be a first-round pick and wasn't anxious about where he would end up. Instead, he was bowling. Somewhere around frame 5 of his second game, he got a text from a fellow draftee, telling him they had both been selected to Quebec City. Very shortly after, he was added to the team's group chat, and his phone practically exploded.

That atmosphere was matched when Kjellsson went to meet the team in person and tour the facilities. He was greeted by a wave of enthusiastic welcomes and realized very quickly just how friendly everyone was. The team made sure to make him feel at home almost immediately. A few mainstays on the roster tagged along for the tour, chatting and giving information or tips in addition to the staff's explanations. He also got a list of great restaurants in the area that appeared to be hastily scrawled on a bar napkin. All in all, Kjellson very quickly felt like part of the team, almost skipping the "new guy" feeling entirely.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

After being selected at the end of the third round, I immediately hopped on a plane and headed out to Vancouver. People picked as late as me don't expect the red carpet to be rolled out. Luckily I was picked by a first class organization in Vancouver. Koopa was standing at the airport with a tattered old sign and his Toyota Prius (hey, at least it gets good gas mileage!). Once we got to the rink the whole team was there along with all of the new draft picks. After a quick meeting with the GM to work on contract details, we headed down to the locker room. There seemed to be a good bond already, and the chatter was non stop till very late in the night. After many drinks, and lots of stories, we finally headed our separate ways for the evening. However, I could tell this was going to be a regular occurrence, with lots of late nights, and hilarious conversations.

165 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

its always going to be a bit overwhelming ya know? walking into a room full of people youve never met. luckily i was one of seven or so new faces entering the room, gives ya some time to settle in and not be the complete center of attention. the general manager of the Kraken was the first to welcome me... we had talked a bit before the draft and i was thankful that he and his team decided to give me a shot. more members of the management team followed suit, im pretty sure one was a Slothface? its pretty hard not to recognize that... face thing they got goin' on. as i scanned the room i saw a couple more familiar faces. Tomas Lind was a prospect for my dad's team in Manhattan that i had seen around. i had also heard of Cormac Ponaire before, some loose relation to Derek Bohne Jr... a defenseman my dad had played with. most everyone on the team did their little introduction thing and then i sort of wandered off to look around the facility. i did find the spot where the team compiled a bunch of pictures of their pets so i admired that for quite a while and then pinned up a picture of my dog, Puck. i think ill fit in just fine here.

Going into the locker room for the first time is always scary, but this wasn't my first rodeo. I have joined several other teams so I knew how this was gonna be like. I stepped into the locker room and it seemed like everyone went to greet me. The first person to come up was the captain, Hundertwasser. He came up and introduced himself. He made it really feel like I was at home and that everyone was glad I was here. Hundertwasser showed me my stall and I looked around for a bit. It had all my jerseys and gear all there. I quickly got dressed because we had practice. After I got dressed I decided to put on my game jersey for a bit to see how it looked. It looked and felt so nice. After that, I quickly took it off, got my practice jersey on, and hit the ice. The ice was so clear and eventually, practice got started. 

(164 words)

Ellis gripped his bag tightly and swung open the doors to the rink. Glancing around nervously, the only soul he saw was a janitor sweeping up the foyer.

"Uh... I'm looking for the locker rooms?" Ellis' nervous energy transformed his statement into a tentative question.

The janitor wordlessly replied, giving a small grunt and a point down the hallway to the right. A glowing sign reading "Locker Rooms" towered above, an obvious signal from God to an oblivious ant. "Thanks", Ellis muttered. He slung his bag over his shoulder and made his way down the hallway. "Fuckin' duh", he reprimanded himself. Out of sight, the janitor shook his head and sighed, "rookies... typical".

Dressed in his best suit (replete with some faded ketchup stains) Ellis marched down the hallway with nervous determination. As he drew nearer the Carolina Kraken logo grew in detail. Before long, Ellis found himself staring up at the logo, gazing into the eyes of the giant squid. As if to beckon him in, the team GM swung open the door.

"Welcome kid! We've been waiting for ya", sve7en shouted enthusiastically. The rest of the team sat at their stalls and warmly welcomed Ellis with a variety of handshakes and pats on the back. A few ribbed him about the stains on his suit. Ellis took a seat with the other Kraken rookies, placing himself in an empty stall between Atticus Hale and Grogu Mandosson.

A small, subtle smile crept across his face. He'd come a long way from playing in the BC Junior leagues. His SMJHL journey was finally about to begin.

Ellis Lee
LW | Carolina Kraken | Player ThreadUpdate Info | Twitter

[Image: Ellis-Lee-Sharp-Bordered-Thicker.jpg]

Duncan Mackenzie walked into the Kelowna Knights locker room, looking all the world like a tourist. He was decked head to toe in Knights gear (including underwear) and gawked at everything the Champions had going on in their arena. The GM swung by for a quick hello and then mentioned something about not having slept due to draft prep / poor life choices and stumbled off to take a nap. The Knights players looked skeptically at the newest draftee. After a quick meet and greet, however, it looked like DMack was going to get along fine with his teammates. Everyone seemed a bit bummed at hearing Travis Konecny was traded away to Newfoundland, but with the haul of 11 new faces coming in the door, everyone was excited for the future. 1st round pick Leons Briedis gave everyone hell about getting his name right, ranting and raving about how the league got it wrong on the draft stream. Overall, it was a friendly and happy introduction to the team!

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora