Create Account

Thank You San Francisco

The season is done, and the offseason has given me plenty of time to think about getting traded away from the Pride at the past deadline. It’s certainly been a ride, moving myself back to Canada, slotting in with a new group of guys (and some old friends), and immediately being thrust into a race for the division lead and later the playoffs. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind since that fated trade.

We’ll start back years ago, I was just some young joker crushing steamies at La Belle Province while playing for Montreal. I was never the best player on the team there, but I did what I could to contribute. A real hot start in my first season had made expectations real high of bumping myself up the rankings, but I was a little more average after that and my draft stock was middle of the pack as someone who people didn’t know if they were going to be able to rely on.

Leading into the draft, I had no idea at all of what to expect. Was I going to go earlier than expected? Or was I going to be sitting in that chair, waiting for a phone call for a long ass time? I had some ideas of teams who wanted to draft me, but I didn’t know where they were looking. My top option at the time was to head to San Francisco. Sure, they hadn’t won anything, and they were in a pretty low spot at the time, but they had a ton of draft picks, and had a vision to build a team around a core of young players from that draft.

Luckily enough, I was able to go where I was hoping and was selected with the 26th overall pick. Immediately, I was thrust into a lockerroom with a ton of active players, and player’s who would go on to make names for themselves in the SHL for a variety of reasons. The beginning of that time was great, everyone was dedicated to coming out of their junior careers strong, and get ready to bring a cup to San Francisco and be a part of that team. Unfortunately, that would never come to pass. Through the seasons since then, we had lost some players to other teams. We had a few times through the playoffs, but we never became that consistent competitor we want to be.

Years down the line, San Francisco faced the crossroads and chose to rebuild again. I think the decision will pay off well for them, but it kind of left me at a crossroads as I started to enter the later years of my career. Working closely with the Gms, I always made it clear that I would be around as long as I was needed. I was open to trade if it benefitted the team, but I was not going to plan on ditching them. In those extra seasons, I was able to take sole control of the Pride career scoring lead. I’m incredibly proud of having done this, though I know looking at the roster right now that that record will be short-lived. I will milk having it for free food at San Francisco restaurants every day that I can.

I was reached out to shortly before the trade had occurred. I didn’t know if it would happen or not, and I know that I had been part of trade talks before that had fallen through in the past, so everything felt a little up in the air. But soon enough, I would get the contact that I had been sent off to Calgary in order to fill a veteran depth role with their team. It was definitely a bittersweet moment. I was leaving the city I had spent my entire professional career in. Leaving behind friends, and an incredible group of fans. On the other hand, I was heading off to a storied franchise with a long history of success who would go on to win their division. While the playoff push didn’t work out as desired, Calgary was able to keep a great squad together.

I wanted to say from the depths of my heart, thank you to everyone in San Francisco. From the leadership team who has been very open with me at every step, my teammates through the seasons, or the wild fan base that has supported me through ups and downs and helped push me to the success I have had in my career, to anyone else in the community who I came in touch with. Thank you all, my time in San Francisco was nothing short of amazing, and I see a ton of success coming for that team who is building around a great core of strong young players.

The crew here in Calgary has been nothing short of great since coming. Immediately accepted into the locker room, and a ton of excitement around last years push. Sure, it didn’t end up the way we hoped, but there’s a great squad of guys who are looking to come in again this season strong.

So here I sit, on the verge of signing a contract extension with Calgary and thinking about my career it’s becoming more and more clear that my time in this league is running out and it’s about time to hang up the skates and call it a career. Before that happens, I’m gonna take one last kick at the can, one last lap around the racetrack. In simpler words, this is going to be my last season before I retire, and I am very excited for the coming season and getting ready to hit that ice with the boys. After this one, I’ll settle down beside the pool with my dog, and a Mai Tai for the rest of my days.

Thanks again San Francisco, you were always great to me.

Dragons, let’s fucking get it.

- Brogen

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

SFP legend! Glad to have played on the team with you for a bit at the end of your time here. Definitely a career worthy of the record books.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Kind and gracious words towards your old squad, showing class and appreciation. Well said.

Now let’s fucking go win dat cup!!!

Dragonite

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

I didn't get to share a LR with you for very long, but every minute that I did was an absolute pleasure. You will definitely go down in SFP history as a legend.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Congrats on a great career.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

You were amazing in sfp and a legend! Wishing you the best in Calgary!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Great read. Congratulations on a wonderful career!
pride  Dragons

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Brogen the legend! _/ _/ _/

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

@Flowseidon you are without a doubt one of the best users this community has to offer. I hope you'll be recreating with a new stud player.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

It's been great having you in Calgary! Hopefully we can send you off with a cup!

Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Cheers

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]