Create Account

S60 PT #2: Total Recall

You finally got the Wikipedia situation under control.. and your agent contacts you about a fresh fiasco. That product placement deal you landed has gone south, and quickly! The product has been recalled by the manufacturer for being dangerous, either physically or emotionally, obscene, or generally unfit for consumption. This week just gets worse and worse.

Written Task: Describe the product you landed a placement deal with and what went wrong to warrant a recall. What was happening to people who used the product? What hidden message was written on the product or box? You can also describe your player landing the deal/finding out about the recall(150+ words)

Graphic Task: Create a picture of the product with your player involved, and show clearly how it was defective and needed to be recalled.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, July 4th at 11:59 CST.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 09:38 AM by sve7en.)

Jimmy Wagner, often remarked for his speed on the ice, was approached by a new startup ice hockey equipment manufacturer - eTech Supplies. Their prominent marketing campaign hinged on landing one of the league's top athletes and skaters and when Bobby Lane and Ryan Shepard passed on the opportunity, Wagner was a clear best option available. He worked with the eTech engineers to design a new lightest skate on the market with advanced uses of carbon fiber and aluminum alloys to strengthen a super light frame. With the skates designed, he was free to prepare for the upcoming season, but production delays led to the first skates off the line not being ready until the week before opening day this season. With no stress testing, Wagner rode the skates to 7 points in 174 minutes on the skates, and they seemed ready for use this season. On opening night though, the carbon reinforced support and blade shattered during warmups, delaying the start of the game by 30 minutes and causing Wagner to switch back to his old skate model. eTech was forced to recall the few other finished products and revamp their entry into the market. They're now expected to release near the end of next season.

208 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

PT Pass

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 01:18 PM by ByrdeMan.)

PBE Affiliate

My name on PBE is Burb

[Image: 336.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 09:13 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: image0.jpg]

An unfortunate issue with a growth hormone has created a 4 foot / 16 pound #Izzy-Dog.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 08:57 PM by bluesfan55.)

mitchell van der heijden got a product endorsement with a supposed nutritional supplement that was meant to improve your typing. as an avid typer who can often be seen typing on a computer or phone when not doing his day job of skating on an ice surface for a living, van der heijden thought that the endorsement would be a perfect fit as he wants everybody across the world to be a proficient typer if given the chance, as that's how most communicate nowadays. however, he soon found out that people who took the nutritional supplement did not improve their typing skills at all; instead, they just typed the letters "ph" over and over again with the epidemic confined to an online hockey forum. when he found out about the issue, van der heijden called for a recall, threatening to leave his contract with the company unless they took the time to actually fix their product. so far, it has yet to be seen if improvements have been made.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

For a young rookie defenseman who isn't very flashy, product endorsements are hard to come by. That is why Zebulon Leavitt agreed to represent Amigone Memorials, a small Baltimore area business that makes engraved stones, usually for cemeteries but occasionally for other memorials as well such as those you would find in a park.  It wasn't a huge paying deal, and how the hell a local hockey defensemen represents the last marker of a loved one is anyone's best guess, but he took the deal. He made sure to be rightfully somber in the commercial that mainly aired on local stations in the morning, usually the third set of ads in the daily Price is Right show.  Sales actually boosted a bit and everyone was happy.

Until the stones started falling. Sometimes during a funeral.

Once was a fluke. Twice was worrisome. The third time warranted an investigation, but by then it was too late. Over a dozen stones fell in the next weeks, all because of a single lazy worker who not only didn't make sure the bases of the massive stones were level but also didn't bother using mortar or pins to make sure the stones didn't fall. He figured the stones were sturdy enough that they wouldn't fall on their own.  Ownership informed us that the individual is no longer with the company and that they are going to check every stone put into place by them and make whatever fixes are necessary, free of charge.

Fortunately, despite the massive weight of the stones, no one was injured.  The only notable incident was during the funeral of Robert T. Williams; while the casket was being lowered into the ground the vibrations caused the stone to slide into the hole and crush the casket. According to eyewitness reports, Mr. Williams' widow laughed heartily during the incident. 

Zebulon Leavitt's agent has issued a brief press bulletin stating that he will no longer be associated with the company.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

PH

Back in Mats Marner rookie season in the SHL he landed a placement deal with the Calgary Dragon’s official chicken parm sponsor. With this sponsorship there was going to be a special Mats Marner themed chicken parm night at one of the Dragons home games versus their rivals in the Edmonton Blizzard. However, on the night of the promotion half way through the game a lot of the Dragons fans who were eating the Marner inspired chicken parm started getting really sick with stomach issues. It was then found out that the chicken that was being served in the sandwiches contained salmonella and the Dragons organization had to immediately stop selling the sandwiches and there was a recall on them for people to get their money back for those who already purchased them. To make matters worse Marner found out about this recall with a public service announcement that was made by the stadium announcer mid game asking fans to stop eating the sandwiches and throw them out and to keep the receipt of your purchase for a refund.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

So Jarmo, on arriving to Montreal, took up a deal with a local poutine place. He had never been to the city, but knew the history and thought, “what better way to get the fans on my side?”. It really seemed like a no brainer.

Basically, for a reasonable fee, Jarmo appeared on a few commercials, a couple of bus stop ads, and a large billboard! All easy work really.

But the issue was that Jarmo had never tried poutine before. He didn’t know what was considered “good” or “traditional”. So after a few weeks, the ads go public and Jarmo’s phone starts blowing up. It’s his agent. Turns out, the company that he did the ad work for is well known for having the worst poutine around. Not only do they use smiley French fries, they also use strips of slice cheese for the cheese!

Of course, he immediately had the company cease running the ads. Not much damage done overall, but Jarmo will ask around before taking on his next endorsement deal.

Listen I don’t understand why I, Luffy Richard, must defend the great product that I have endorsed: Rowdy Ramen! It says right on the packaging, ‘will give you spice induced ulcers and possible burn through your colon so fast that your butthole will be stinging for days to come.’ That is literally on the package. If you do not have the brain cells to run together to see that you are in for a Spicy night of sweating, grunting, and calling out to God, then that is your fault. I eat it all the time and I am fine. I am better than fine. I am putting my dog through dog school with this endorsement deal. It has a man on the package holding his stomach as his eyes melt in his skull. What did any of you expect? Do not be me for speaking the truth, you sweaty mouth breathers. The ramen has been recalled, and now I get to eat it until I turn into that guy at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Eat Rowdy Ramen if you hate your butthole and want to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

Code:
Written Task: Describe the product you landed a placement deal with and what went wrong to warrant a recall. What was happening to people who used the product? What hidden message was written on the product or box? You can also describe your player landing the deal/finding out about the recall (150+ words)

I have always ate instant noodles when growing up and I always ate the same brand as well. When I got approached to be the face of the brand, I did not hesitate to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity! But that turned out to be a total disaster for me.

Shortly after endorsing them and giving them my stamp of approval, the health authorities revealed that the company added crystal meth into all of their instant noodles and that was why people kept eating the ramen. This became a worldwide story and the company's executives were scrambling to come up with a reason as to how this could be. It turns out that the company management team was actually a drug cartel and they needed to get rid of some of their crystal meth so they used it in the instant noodle machines. 

When my agent called me about this, I had to quickly find out if this was true and to my demise it was. I removed myself from the brand immediately and disassociated with the instant noodle company completely.  I will be hesitant about future endorsement ventures for the foreseeable future. 

(194 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Oh dear. This is unfortunate.

After making himself known around Toronto for driving a yellow, black, and red Porsche that he bought a couple of seasons back, Danny got a promotional deal with Volkswagen of Canada as their Porsche spokesman. Last season he did voice over and a little bit of filming for a small ad campaign that turned out pretty well, so they recently renewed him for a three year deal.

Well, now there's a problem. The new 911 Carreras have a problem with the gearboxes. Customers report that the cars just stall with little or no mechanical explanation. It doesn't matter which or how often the parts are replaced or upgraded, the car doesn't speed up to the thrilling speeds expected and it never leaves the driver feeling like they've gotten their money's worth. Sure, it may start okay as they back out of the driveway, and rumble promisingly as you start to throttle down to put it in park, but it never changes the disappointment and inexplicable mechanical failure. All told, it's been most devastatingly and accurately compared to Marston's tenure as General Manager of the St. Louis Scarecrows.

Not only is Danny rather embarrassed and hurt by the criticism, Volkswagen of Canada has recalled all of their 911s, halted the Marston ad campaign, and cancelled his contract. Thankfully there are no reports of physical injuries to anyone.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

With my player name being Dogwood Maple, my agent and marketing team came up with the brilliant idea to sell a package deal of two products. An axe (the nod to the dogwood tree) and a jug of maple syrup (obviously). The problem was that the instructions were so unclear that it caused many people to cut their mouths and horribly disfigure their hands. What they were doing was switching the products. Many of the customers tried to drink the axe. They literally put it up to their mouths and licked the axe blade which caused horrific bleeding and damage to their faces. They also tried to use the glass jug of maple syrup as an axe. Of course, after one hit of the jug on the tree, it smashed which caused glass to embed in their hands, fly into their face, and generally go everywhere. Once reports of this mix-up hit social media, my agent and entire team went into damage control mode. We were getting threats of lawsuits, threats of violence, and we were inundated with pictures of mutilated customers who, for some reason, mixed up the two products. I hope this doesn't end up tainting my legacy and it has taken every fiber of my being absolutely going off on these numbskulls. I mean, who would switch those two things?

223 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]