Create Account

Should I Come Back?

What's changed?

Hello to everyone I've known from the before-times.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Hi there. Welcome back.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

welcome back durden. Not sure if you were here for it but we got a new index
https://index.simulationhockey.com/

update scale change makes it easier to get players to the SHL.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

One of my all time favorite sim league moments is recruiting ol' Durden to a team with a powerpoint presentation

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

There's a lot more people, I think the site is pretty well under Nour and Luke.

Seasons take a little longer now so TPE inflation has been a bit of a thing but there's work being put in to fix it.

We've been transitioning to new systems to improve parity. It's not perfect but I think there's been some good improvement this season.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

dicks are bigger

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

07-14-2021, 10:47 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: dicks are bigger

Some of us choose not to conform

Sad

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

hey there bb

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

wow

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-14-2021, 10:37 PMluketd Wrote: welcome back durden. Not sure if you were here for it but we got a new index
https://index.simulationhockey.com/

update scale change makes it easier to get players to the SHL.

The index looks gorgeous. Props to whomever (or the group of people) who made it. It's great.

What changes were made?

07-14-2021, 10:45 PMToivo Wrote: One of my all time favorite sim league moments is recruiting ol' Durden to a team with a powerpoint presentation

I mean, it was wonderful. I love to be wooed.

07-14-2021, 10:47 PMTommySalami Wrote: There's a lot more people, I think the site is pretty well under Nour and Luke.

Seasons take a little longer now so TPE inflation has been a bit of a thing but there's work being put in to fix it.

We've been transitioning to new systems to improve parity. It's not perfect but I think there's been some good improvement this season.

What new systems? Are you talking roster eligibility and stuff?

07-15-2021, 07:10 AMdankoa Wrote: hey there bb
<3

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Don't come back

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

07-15-2021, 06:30 AMUrq660 Wrote:
07-14-2021, 10:47 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: dicks are bigger

Some of us choose not to conform

Sad

dont be so sure. Check your pants.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

07-15-2021, 09:47 AMDurden Wrote: The index looks gorgeous. Props to whomever (or the group of people) who made it. It's great.

What changes were made?
Check the build helper, we basically lowered the amount of TPE it costs to get stats to 15 and increased how much it costs to go beyond 18. Basically what this means is that players entering the league at 800 TPE or so dont get absolutely slaughtered by lines with 1500 or more. It also requires that higher TPE players build better in order to maximize their advantage, which also requires that GMs play their tactics better to get more out of their higher TPE players.

Just for reference to what that means, an all star (James Ronlain) has under 1600 TPE and is 10th in the league in points and 12th in goals. His build, his linemates, and the tactics he's being played with contribute to a lot, but it's proof you can be a solid player even at 1500.

07-15-2021, 09:47 AMDurden Wrote: What new systems? Are you talking roster eligibility and stuff?

I cant speak to exactly what he means, but we solidified the playoff format in FHM by adding 2 more teams. This means we can do wildcard playoff seeding, rather than top 3 in each division. Speaking of, we moved some teams around to better distribute parity in the league. Great Lakes was basically 4 cup contending teams, but 1 is always left out of the playoffs. Who knows if this is a long term solution or if we will monitor divisions often this way.

Another new system limits how much money can be distributed to teammates. You can only pay a max of $1m for a sig (or another service) to a teammate and you can only do it twice a season. This stops rich players from just funneling money into prospects, which was bad because it removed the need for large contracts and/or user engagement via media and other activities.

I think there were some changes to contracts as well, which have hit their full effect this season (after grandfathered contracts expire) which makes the cap tighter on mega teams.

there are a lot more he's probably speaking about.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

07-15-2021, 09:47 AMDurden Wrote: What new systems? Are you talking roster eligibility and stuff?

Bromanov did a pretty good job answering but we grandfathered in new contract rules that don't allow players to be signed long-term at amounts lower than their TPE level. This is the first season with no more of those contracts.

We also changed the TPE scale to be much more favourable to lower-TPE players. You can now create a competent build with 700 or so TPE where before it seemed you needed 1000+.

We're continuing to evaluate the changes but have definitely seen some positive results already. Last season 9/18 teams finished with more than 66 points, this season we're on track to have 14/20 teams finish above 66 points.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

07-14-2021, 10:04 PMDurden Wrote: What's changed?

Hello to everyone I've known from the before-times.

Hi