Create Account

S60 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 09:21 PM by grok.)

Task 1 - 3 TPE (165/150 words)

While Centerman IV had a tough season off the ice and Seattle didn’t quite perform as well as expected, there were still some great moments for Centerman IV’s career this season. An enhanced role playing PK1 and top pairing minutes with Cassius Darrow and Gabe Johnson helped him obliterate his previous points records, tallying 33 points in the 66 game series for a half a point per game. He led the team in hits, Corsi-For, and relative Corsi, all of which are bright indicators for Centerman IV’s future. Centerman IV also made some big steps in his development, putting a lot of time into the neutral game and his passing abilities. Although he still isn’t an offensive dynamo, he realized the value of playing a little bit of two-way game and improved his stat lines dramatically. In the locker room, Centerman IV realized he isn’t a pure rookie anymore and started moving into a veteran role to assist a huge incoming class of rookie skaters.

Task 5 - 2 TPE (116/100 words)

The SMJHL is a developmental league. It always has been, and always will be. Because of this, I am strongly opposed to any playoff format that would exclude teams from postseason games. I think there could be alternatives like a loan system for players on non-playoff teams or a tournament run in parallel for the bottom 4 teams. The issue I have with them is that it’s just much easier and in most cases preferable to just put all 12 teams in the playoffs at the same time. The playoff experience is important to keep players engaged, and players don’t really have a choice of whether they’re drafted by a good team or a bad team.

Task 12 - 4 TPE (57/50 + 54/50 + 57/50 + 54/50 words)
a. Both Buffalo and Chicago are top tier teams in the league, and are as deserving as any other team in the SHL to reach the finals. That said, Chicago lost two games to Calgary, a team that got taken to game 7 by a Seattle squad that had already sold off a top line winger that season.
b. Definitely Chicago’s recent experience. Buffalo might have “continued dominance,” but they could barely convert that into cup wins. Chicago has a great record of making and winning cup finals in their current iteration compared to Buffalo’s “always the bridesmaid” woes in the S50s, so in my mind Chicago is the more impressive franchise.
c. Chicago’s logo fuckin sucks. It’s a bad logo. You can’t read it from a distance, it’s mushy on a jersey or in motion, and the colors are washed out and dull. On top of that, the name “Syndicate” isn’t really evocative of anything on its own. Buffalo Stampede is a better brand in pretty much every way.
d. The best player to ever play for either team is quite obviously Buffalo’s Cedric Robinson. A near sure thing hall of famer that won their very first cup in franchise history almost single-handedly. Both teams have great players now, but Buffalo would be a footnote if it wasn’t for Cedric Robinson’s illustrious career.

Task 13 - 2 TPE (111/100 words)

The Playoffs MVP should be Aron Hernandivic pretty clearly, but the Finals Series MVP is none other than Mat Smith. Smith had a dominant show over the last 6 games of playoffs, putting up a shutout, two OT finishes, and a 50-save game to keep the Syndicate in it. He certainly wasn’t getting very much support from his forwards, with Chicago only breaking 4 points a single game in the series. Without Smith’s heroics, the Buffalo Stampede would have easily run away with the series, if the final 6-3 game was any indication. He definitely wasn’t the best of the playoffs, but he certainly was the best player in the Finals.

Trivia - 3 TPE
(verification word: grok)

Milestones - 2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086662

3+2+4+2+3+2 = 16 TPE

1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

NOTHING good happened to me this year! The best thing to happen was when I was in the Philadelphia forge locker room and the GM (Acsolap) was announcing our lines for this season; and when it came to be my turn, Acsolap had me stand in the front of the locker room and proceeded to tell me he was shocked I had actually MADE THE FIRST LINE DEFENSIVE PAIR. He was actually proud of me for once, and maybe things were finally turning around for ol Frieds,statistically speaking that is. A spark of joy appeared on my face, and that was his signal. He punched me directly in the solar plexus and shrieked at the top of his lungs that I would be PLAYING THIRD LINE MINUTES - obviously; and took my contract and crumpled it up, and made me eat it in front of the whole team. This is a true story! Oh man, hopefully next season will be a little better – I always thought I was a good locker room presence!

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

If the SHL was a pokemon reality, I think that Honkerrs (Scoochie Stratton) would be metapod and Acsolap (Rex Kirkby) would be weedle. I would stop at nothing to mate the two. Perhaps some ethical boundaries would be crossed, but it is all in the name of science – as a marvel loving funko collecting George carlin watching atheist, I can tell you that science is good. I think if mating these two never worked out, I’d probably try to mate Heracross (Evil allbran) with myself (Rayquaza). This would create a weird beetle dragon pokemon that would break the internet soecial media style. With these two creations I believe we could flip the pokedex world on its head and create a crazy dragon worm weedle beetle gym and destroy all of the fire ice water and electric pokemon. Perhaps my only creation I wouldn’t do is an onyx (rich) mixed with a diglet (luke). I would not do this for obvious reasons.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

I want to be Eliizabeth Doyle. I always wanted to be in net… the whole world against me; and me doing my best to stack them up and make those key saves. Not to mention being female would be a pretty surreal experience (assuming Elizabeth is a female). Also I would like to win challenge cups. So far on my career journey ive won four star cups, some SMJHL defensive accolades, but never ever any thing huge in the SHL. Also goalies are very underrated when it comes to awards, like I cant remember the last time a tendy won the MVP of the league but that has to change. It would be cool to be in a big hockey market like buffalo where I am the talk of town and everybody loves me. I am only a stupid 3rd liner in philly right now! I love philly but everyone laughs at me but if I won the challenge cup I think less people would laugh at old frieds.

4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Geck is lame so you see
All that fool says is e
You know your boy says S – E – X
Cuz E is better with an S and an X
Geck will never reach 1 k TPE
But I think he’s typed 1 million e’s
The dude is worse than Patrick perry junior
I heard he likes to be called a goober
So geck is his name
And hes really lame
Keep your phrases out of my team
Cuz s e x is is better than e

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
(CLAIM 3 TPE)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086605

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word “Bingo”

CLAIM 16 TPE AL TOGETHER>...

So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Down: Yngve Simonsson put up only 9 goals this season for a 5% shooting percentage. Earlier in the year he only had 3 goals and a 2% shooting percentage which was verging on ridiculous. So genuinely it was one of the most frustrating seasons that Yngve has had in his young career, dating all the way back to time in Sweden

Ups: The biggest ups of the season was watching the growth of some of the SFP faithful. Love those guys, really happy to see some guys like Kevens, Stromberg, Money start to break out. Their success is phenomenal and without them SFP wouldn't be on the upswing. Overall, the season had a lot of downs (sh%, lack of points, players leaving in expansion, SFP falling back down the standings. But hey we still made the playoffs again!), but it feels like the last down before an upswing where the future for SFP is incredible.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a. No. Neither team belongs here. I can't think of a less deserving two teams to make it to the finals than those two teams. Where is the cinderella stories, where are the teams that people can really get behind? Teams like the San Francisco Pride one of the most beloved teams in the SHL, everyone loves them and wants to be them. They should really be the best team that should win Smile

b. Buffalo is the most impressive, continued success is easy, but it should still be commended. They have the best guys long term, who are very loyal to the team and want to play for them. That's impressive to have a continuous stream of loyal dudes playing for the team that just don't leave.

c. Buffalo is a bad city no cap and no stop. It smells, it's so close to Toronto and yet so much worse, it doesn't give you the true New York experience despite being in New York. Just so lame and horrible and no one wants to live their. Their sports teams suck ass and their people are rude and mean because they are American

d. Alexis Metzler. He is absolutely the best player of all time in the Buffalo system. And one of the best players I can think of in the mid years of the league that was a true Buffalo idol and staple. Honestly one of the best to do it. Also, he was drafted to Portland by Cuffy like an idiot lmaooooo. Absolute moron, he didn't want to play there

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Aron Hernadivic is the MVP of these playoffs BAR NONE. There is no one that even comes close to the production of Aron Hernadivic aka Fishy my boy of all boys. He had 27 points, 13 goals, and was all around very good. I would give him the thumbs up of approval and I congratulate the Buffalo Stampede for doing the best they ever could and Aron Hernadivic was a huge piece of that puzzle and without him the team would not be where they are today. CHAMPIONS! 11 even strength points and 2 powerplay points are huge, his 5v5 play is unmatched and I think he has a big penis because of the good play he had. Buffalo did better because of his "prowress" on and off the ice.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

booooooooba

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 09:15 PM by SewingWithNancy.)

Outside of the horrible stuff that ole Gatezy had to deal with this past season, things actually went really well for Sean. He got settled in in LA. He found a great condo downtown, above some great restaurants and breweries. When he is off ice, he doesn’t have to drive to go do anything fun because of all the stuff within a 3 block radius of his condo. Everyone else in LA has to drive 45 minutes each way to go do anything, but Sean found that being able to walk to his spots a great way to relax. There are some players in the league that take their diet extremely seriously and refuse to eat sugar or drink alcohol. Sean has found that he operates at a much lower level when he follows those dietary restrictions. So living above wonderful eats/drinks means that Sean is happy and not depressed. Which is a huge part of his game.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.
I personally think we should let everyone participate. The Js are difficult enough with by trying to keep rookies interested when a team gets eliminated in the first round, imagine how its going to be when a team doesn’t even make the playoffs. Maybe the first round should be best of 5 games instead of 7, or maybe play the first round out in just 2 days as a way to speed it up, but everyone should definitely make the playoffs. The SHL is where things are supposed to have more stakes. By the time we get to the SHL its an easier pill to swallow when your post season doesn’t go as well as had hoped

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?
I was told by the grape vine of this league (we really are a sewing circle with how much gossip is shared in this league, but thats a topic for another time) that the SHL was almost ruined by STHS due to how many exploits there were. Not only did the exploits exist, but those exploits were also being used by certain teams. I know that Sean Gatez’s performance would have been stunted because I refuse to participate in any kind of exploits in games/sports/events. It ruins the experience for everyone. Why even bother trying to make a unique player if it will be steamrolled by a team of identical opposing players. It honestly would have made me lose complete interest in the league and I probs would have stopped pretty early in my career. At least now the exploits are limited and are policed well. At least it seems so.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
A: These teams do deserve to be here. They are obviously doing something right in their front offices. Signing good contracts, making quality trades, basically making all the right moves. You dont get to the finals constantly by making dumb decisions. I dont know what their magic is exactly but I do hope it could rub off on some other teams *cough* LA *cough*
B: Obviously they are both impressive, but Buffalo makes a better impression for me due to how often they find themselves in the championship. Chicago has made great moves recently, but Buffalo is the true star. As someone who hasn’t been a part of any of that, I wish they would collapse in upon themselves like a dying star, and give some other teams a chance. JK, but only a little bit.
C: My only gripe with when Chicago wins is the site has gold/yellow banners everywhere and its very distracting. Blue, gray, green or even red is just so much easier on the eyes instead of the gross yellow color invading every single banner. Whenever i see Chicago in the final i only root against them because of this. If they chose black or maybe a different accent color I wouldn’t root against them.
Code:

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Aron Hernadivic obviously gets this honor. He might not have gotten the most goals in the playoffs, but he lead the team with 27 points. The most valuable player in my mind is always the one who not only produces, but helps his teammates produce as well. You dont just happen to have a +16 on accident, you get that by being helpful everytime you touch the ice. He wasn’t just producing on the offensive side, when he wasn’t seeing the score sheet, he was also laying down hits and getting take aways on the defense. He might have only had one bad performance during the playoffs, but that was only him losing a fight.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. 
This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Mindy

16.slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?
Well since Gatez is located in LA, we are going out on the town for an amazing sushi dinner at Matsuhisu, where we will order champagne as soon as we walk in the door, followed by top shelf sake the whole way through dinner. After that we will head out for a concert at the Whisky-A-GoGo or the Viper room, depending on who has the better show. We will obviously have VIP tix with bottle service. After the show we will hit a waffle house to soak up the booze and eat some loaded hash browns before our town car takes us back to our respective places.

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)
Milestones = +1 TPE

1+2+2+3+2+3+3 = 16 TPE

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

I think this season was probably the worst for me in a long time. Off the ice, I lost my rl job and got seriously hurt. The two weren't mutual but I did lose my job because of those injuries because of taking time off. On the ice, of course we lost to the damn boats again. But we did have a bright spot starting the season 10-0. We shook up the J, they learned the hard way you can't keep Quebec down for long. We brought on a new generation of owls and Flex and Evok are the best J GMs in how they develop us. They made the issues off the ice better, plus its hilarious to see Evok cuss out trolls in French. Meanwhile my player remains the only one on earth to endorse Tesco Tea and I don't think that's on accident. Though I've never in my life had it. Its probably good.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

I think I'd be a first ballot hall of fame Defensive Defenseman had we stayed with STHS. The last year of Simon T I won the Bojo Biscuit along with having the second most blocked shots in Jets history. I was playing on a premier paring with Adam Barron and while the Jets weren't spectacular that season the future looked bright. With Simon T there were fewer variables you needed to be proficient in and in FHM I feel like you have to be proficient in too many. There is more pressure to be an everyman rather than an expert in just one role and honestly that sucks. Simon T wasn't perfect but I feel like there was a better chance to build the player you want rather than the player your GM wants. I get it of course, at the end of the day you have to fit into that mold, but it still hurts a little not to be the player I had intended.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

A. I think every season Buffalo tries to get better and the team in the west whether thats Chicago or anyone else has to retool. Or so it seems. So I think Buffalo being here makes more sense. Though I will say a West Dynasty is coming. If any one team can get its act together its Winnipeg or Chicago and possibly Calgary and Seattle.

B. For Buffalo, anything less than a trip to the finals is unacceptable. So to see Chicago fight through the static of the Western Conference to a second trip is pretty impressive. Especially for a new team. Well, newish. Any new franchise should look to what Chicago got right on how to build a contender.

C. Chicago's logo can be so much better. Some red would be great as a reference to the valentines day massacre as well as a reference to the meat industry Chicago was historically known for. Otherwise their logo looks like Bugsy Malone from the Bugs Bunny cartoon only in yellow and black.

D. There are so many great players who have played for Buffalo but I think Cass Darrow will always stand out. He's still a tremendous force in the league today and in the beginning of his prime was a top pairing man for the S46 and 48 Cup Runs. If he wins a cup with the Argos he is the best ever bar none.

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: Saigon

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085511

15. Toasted

1. After a hard season off the ice of never seeming to get out of trouble with PR related business there were still some bright spots for Trudeau off the ice that i'd rather focus on compared to the bad. What the news didn't mention that happened this year was me starting my own charity for underprivileged children to get them into hockey, Gave back to frontline workers with food delivered to hospital as well as tickets to next seasons games. The team also decided to do a "big brother" type of program where we all get assigned a young kid who's dad isn't there for them and get to teach them a bunch of things about life as well as hockey, luckily they are all big hockey fans so it makes it a lot easier. There is a lot of bad in the world but it's nice to focus on the good instead.  

3. So freaky Friday (aka Freaky SHL finals) and I get thrown into some random players body either from Chicago or Buffalo and to me it doesn't matter who I get turned into because I'm sticking with my plan of recreating the classic movie Space Jam. I'll make sure who ever I swap into will not even know how to skate, pass a puck or even know how to hop over the board onto the ice, i'll make sure to act just like him personality wise but when it comes to hockey skill have it gone, maybe even blame it on some G2 fuel ruining my skill and that's why I can no longer skate and see how many other players get so afraid that they refuse to even show up and play cause the league wide investigation into what is happening. Long story short this is a long scheme to just do some shit disturbing that only I would find funny.

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

Code:

After a very tough season both on and off the ice Atlanta Inferno rookie forward Pablo Salvatici is looking back to reflect on this tough season and remembering both the highs and lows. Minor identity fraud, a hacked twitter account and an utter failure of a product endorsement are the highlights, though they are more like low lights off the ice. On the ice Pablo had a very successful rookie season, scoring 13 goals and adding another 25 assists, leaving him just shy of 40 points. He was a bit of a sparkplug for his new team, bouncing all around the ice providing a big hit or a key block to get the team buzzing. His good play early in the season catapulted him into the top six where he stuck for the rest of the season. He had to fight through a nagging injury in the second half of the season but didn't miss any games. This season proved his worth to his GM's and he looks to be a staple for the team for the foreseeable future, making this a net positive season overall. (186 words)

Code:
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I personally think that it's more important keeping everyone involved in the SMJHL, so the current playoff format is better. If only a few teams make it then players are sitting out during the offseason for a considerable amount of time and probably will lead to some users abandoning the site and going inactive. Keeping people involved, even if it's only for an extra series, lessens the wait from the end of the season until the draft. While 8 or 12 teams makes more sense from a competitive perspective, the SMJHL is first and foremost a development league so I feel that my stance is the correct one. Not that I have any say in what happens but this is personally how I feel. (124 words)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.

[Image: cw_task.png?width=1197&height=674]

Code:

Verification: cucumber

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

First up on our date we're going straight to McDonald's and only ordering from the dollar menu. No frivolous spending on wasteful stuff like food when you could be consuming instead. After we take 20 minutes to eat we then drive to the airport and fly to Atlanta from wherever we previously were. We buy tickets to Kanye West's release party for Donda, listen to it and then I bitch when it doesn't release even though I wasn't really expecting it to. He is probably indifferent but annoyed at my bitching. After that we go to Waffle House and eat again, ordering the cheapest food we can of course. Then we go play mini golf because everyone loves mini golf and we have a blast. What a wonderful date. (129 words)

Code:

Milestones Link

16/16

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PBE Affiliation
15. Crabcake
17. Milestones +3

RESO: I will not deny, it has been rather hard on me in my rookie season. I don’t have a twitter account and for good reason: Twitter in my honest opinion is a trash heap. I just spend a few minutes there just scrolling around on what’s going on and I just see multiple accounts trashing my name with non-constructive insults. Hell, I’ve even seen some accounts imitating me with disparaging comments. I had to get my team’s PR to contact twitter about those accounts, hopefully shutting them down. On the opposite side however, I did get to see many charity events that happened in the Seattle area. One of them was based around a harbour close by, so I decided to give them a visit in my PT boat. The people in the charity even had a major surprise on their faces when I appeared, and we even got some photos there. It was honestly a nice day out.
Oh, you want my on-ice thoughts, nope, not in this one.

PS: This goes out to my broski the Notorious T.I.G (@notorioustig)
I love ya homie, but you know I have to crack one for ya.

Yo my bro, admire the fire
You’re Joan of Arc these days, you’re burnt in the pyre
I hear 0 IQ in your brain with no desire
That’s all the specs for the GM job, the perfect hire.
I see you leaning back in that German
But Darrow came and took out the Sherman
That green turn black , that shell keeping you burning
And all that acumen means jack, now get back to learning.

…………….I need more time to learn to create actual lyrics.

PS: I will be honest, as interesting as it is to have everyone make the playoffs in the J, I found it rather suspect and lacklustre as it makes the regular season feel like there is barely anything to play for, because the team that finished last could still win the cup. I would like it having the best 8/12 teams fight it out for the spots. It would provide some interest and drama in the J regular season, especially if it comes down to the final sims. It would also provide an extra impetus to earn TPE and even provide media points to use.

PS: Ok, so first off, if we stuck with SimonT, I think I could have become a SHL or SMJHL GM. I don’t know why, but I really kicked off with SimonT, especially in its final season where I somehow managed to win gold in the IIHF, and in my rookie Fed Head season as well. I also believe that I would have been more productive with EVO since he did put up decent number in that time. However, I think the change to FHM opened up quite a bit more tactics. It’s a lot to learn, most of it I can’t even comprehend currently, but I do think that SimonT is too basic at its core, and whilst I miss it, I’m happy that FHM is around……….although FHM does have its own set of problems………especially its atrocious User Interface.

Santan Dave

PS: I can only presume that Luke wanted to go international, because there is no other reason why Luke would have come over to the UK just to see my lazy ass. But either way, I would enjoy my with date. I would lay down these options for Luke:
A Day of racing over in Silverstone or Brands Hatch (Or if he wants it calmer, outdoor go kart racing)
Watching a football match of his choice
Skydiving over the Pennines
Casual gaming
All topped with a Chad night of food and alcohol.
I can already it is as a great night out between us, and hell we could always get drunk in a pub, or some mad shit.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

17. Milestones +3

ISFL PT +3

15. Trivia +3

12a. To be perfectly honest I barely even know what teams are even in this seasons championship but I'm 100 percent certain that none of these teams deserve to be in the finals over my precious Quebec City Citadelles and its a disgrace that the sim has lucked these teams into a final over us like that +1

12b. To be fair to Chicago, making the finals like they have done is fairly impressive as a young team but there is absolutely no doubt about the fact that Buffalo has made it there so often in the past and continues to dominate like that, it's simply much better than Chicagos two. +1

12c. I actually think Chicago's logo is pretty cool so I'm gonna have to nitpick the Buffalo one instead. It's not a bad logo by any stretch of the imagination but to be honest I think its a bit plain even though I guess it definitely brings across the point of the team name. +1
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 10:04 PM by jtam.)

With all of the harassment and difficulties that Hammarberg experienced this season with the loss of his Ikea line and the recalls that have happened to the furniture that his name had been on, hockey was the oasis that Rikard went back to for some sort of normalcy. Focusing on his on-ice performance to drown out the noise from the off-ice issues, Hammarberg put together a very good season for the Steelhawks. Producing his first point per game season with 24 goals and 46 assists, Hammarberg’s focus on is on-ice product paid dividends. Although he wasn’t able to replicate his success in the postseason, Hammarberg’s new focus on his defensive game has allowed his linemates to focus on the offensive aspects of the game. With a new found understanding of how much focus he needs to improve his game, Hammarberg has decided to fully cut out his off-ice distractions, hoping for an even better season this time around.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

For instant success, the easiest way to make sure you become a strong is to find the highest level Pokemon and call it a day. But to ensure that you become the very best, like no one ever was, you need to build up Pokemon from the ground up. Build a team that is either very specialized, or very well rounded with no weaknesses. To achieve this, you need to do your research and know the strengths and weaknesses of each team and then gather all the TM/Discs you need to personalize all their techniques, making sure your whole team compliments each other. You can grab all the strongest pokemon to do this too, but there may be incompatibilities with the techniques you are trying to teach them. Free Agency or catching your Players out in the wild to supplement your team on top of your core is the way to build in the PokeSHL.

I like the idea that everyone makes it. In a feeder league into the Big League in the SHL, it is good to keep everyone engaged and involved. Having long stretches where you may not have the best players on the ice to ice a lineup to go into the playoffs kinda sucks when you are new to the league and new to the sim games in general. Everything goes once you are in the playoffs and bonding with the team over an underdog run, or a destined cup is incredibly fun. This helps with keeping new players and improving retention to keep players engaged through to the SHL.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I don’t know about predictions for this season’s IIHF tournament. With a short tournament, anything can happen and players can go on a hot streak, or a cold run. Goalies can suddenly be like Dominic Hasek, or let in beach balls from center ice like Dan Cloutier. Its what makes the IIHFs so exciting! I’ll focus on Sweden because I am on the team. This year, Sweden looks poised to do some damage in the IIHF tournament. With new high TPE transfer Jimmy Wagner bolstering the forwards, this year’s rendition for the Tre Kronor forward lines is the deepest it has been in seasons. All lines have boast over 1000 TPE players with a mix of offensive and defensive studs. The backend was spoiled for choice to fill out and unfortunately, some players had to be left off of the team. With Jobin and Jon St. Ark manning the fort in net, the Swedes are looking for a medal from this IIHF tournament. Preferably of the gold kind.

Hammarberg

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE - 2 TPE Claim
Milestones Claim

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 10:50 PM by trashae.)

Code:
I think that the J should keep the current format of everyone making the playoffs. Even if it is just for one series extending the season with a few extra games I think drives the goal of more user engagement and the J existing as in introduction to the league and player retention tool. With 14 teams the format gets a little funky and that's fair, but 16 teams was already on the table for this expansion so if/when the next expansion comes we'll be back to powers of 2 which will fix a lot of the playoff format headaches that exist today even with 12 teams this past season.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
This season for the IIHF tournament I don't expect there to be too much of a shakeup from previous iterations of the tournament and that the federations are largely trending in the same directions each of them has been heading over that time. Stuff like USA will hang out in the middle as they rebuild some defensive depth and Norway will be a strong contender that can surprise some people with another strong showing. For individual players I expect Ethan Duncan to have a strong show as a member of the red white and blue continuing to take on a larger and larger role on the squad. Teddy Murphy should also do well on defense for team Norway, but by no means should anyone expect him to become a star of the tournament. He'll just keep growing and in the future stardom is on the way. Truthfully, I expect to see massive growth from the S55 players overall with the new scale and now that a lot of them are at 1200 TPE+

Code:
a. As annoying as it can be seeing teams so consistently be at the top of the league I don't think either team is undeserving of their finals appearance this season. Buffalo has been solid at this point for actual IRL years so until I see it happen they're going to be a well run organization. And Chicago just has a shit ton of TPE on their roster coming off of a cup win so of course they're here again.

b. Buffalo has been a force since before Chicago joined the league. That alone means any success Chicago has had in recent seasons doesn't hold up unless they're doing something historic to the league and they aren't there yet. Buffalo is the gold standard for consistent excellence in this league and no other team can compare to their recent body of work.

c. Buffalo needs to chill with this whole winning thing. I've only been in the league for 7 seasons and holy hell apparently the only certain things in life are death, taxes, and Buffalo in the finals. I'm sure it feels good to gloat, but the rest of us are stuck seeing/ reading about how good Buffalo is. Give us some different content guys.

Code:
dibs on winning

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
With the number of people all of a sudden offering to take Luke out on a date I think to treat him extra special and step out of the norms we will have a nice quiet night in. Although to make sure he doesn't think I am being cheap I'll get us a penthouse suite in NYC with a truly wondrous view of the city skyline. Once there I am going to pamper and dote on him never letting his wine glass empty out and make my signature dish for us to enjoy. I'm not quite good enough of a chef to make a 5 course meal so we will stick to 3 with the previously hinted at quesadillas as our main entree.

Code:
3 TPE Milestones

Code:

Verification - 12345

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

6.I love predicting IIHF because I don’t think I’ve seen a single game for that tourney. I’ve gotta go with the ladies and gents wearing the red, white, and blue to win it all. They’ll probably win it easily if they send that scrub, Colin Lambert or whatever his name is to the press box for each game. Finland would probably be runner-up if they finally let superstar Michael Fitted run the organization. I have no idea who is running Finland now, but I know for a fact that Fitted would propel that group all the way to second place if he had a chance. Uh… third is going to be… Canada. I don’t know. I think they actually did kinda bad last year if I remember correctly. Hopefully Rich’s player tears it up again for the USA. Can’t remember what his player name is though… Bobby Something is going to light up the touney again. I’m done. (158 words)

7. From what I remember, creating a player for STHS was pretty simple compared to now. It’s nice to have all of the different player types to go off of in FHM, though. If we were still in STHS I would just pump up my passing and defense skills as high as possible. My first player was under 800 tpe (maybe even lower than that, honestly) and was still able to put up pretty good numbers because my defense and passing was all the way up. It was kind of easy to exploit and caused everyone to have pretty much the same build. I like it a lot better now. I’m sure a Lambert-type of player would have sucked in STHS. My build is kind of balanced now and I think those tended to suck back in the day. I think FHM is a lot better, but it definitely makes thing tougher for GMs in the league. (156 words)

8. [Image: L0nufdy.png]

9. [Image: SDnBHkO.png]

10. [Image: eilvNKo.png]

15. imdone

16/16

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Task 1:
Well this season was a really strange one for Matej. For some reason, it seemed like he didn’t do anything at all this year. It was like he took a leave of absence and has only recently returned to put in an outstanding performance at the WJC so far (who needs points when you can be an absolute corsi monster and play very very strong defense). Anaheim had their ups and downs which was definitely impacted Winters’ poor performances throughout the season and overall lack of effort with training and such. There’s a lot of room to improve for Winters in this next season and hopefully it’ll be something that the extra effort and renewed commitment to the game will fix. And with his overall improved performances, one has to assume that Anaheim will also be a lot stronger as Winters is expected to be one of the most important players for the team and a leader on the ice.
Task 5:
I don’t think I’ve ever really been in favor of everyone making the playoffs in the J, so I would be in favor of that changing. I know the argument has always been that it’s better for player development and member retention, but I think while maybe someone could say that it keeps someone a year longer, I think that if someone was going to quit because their team didn’t make the playoffs, then they’re definitely going to quit when their team misses the playoffs in the SHL. It’s really something that is only prolonging the inevitable. I just don’t think it’s that helpful overall.
Task 7:
There’s a zero percent chance that my career with Alex Winters would have gone worse if we had stayed on STHS. Winters 1 was an elite first line forward, first team all-star in the last season of STHS (and I didn’t even use the exploits), and then went to basically barely a replacement level player of third line ability despite having my peak TPE at the beginning of the FHM era. Add in the fact that the person that was supposed to be giving advice and helping with player builds very much did not for the team that I was on, was a full recipe for disaster with regards to Winters 1.0. I’m hoping that things will go better with my current player, Matej. It’s a little bit easier to have limited expectations as a defenseman as well, you can recognize your impact in other ways. There’s opportunities to do things like have a great corsi and that actually means more as a defenseman than a forward in my opinion.
Task 12:
C: My relationship with Buffalo has never been a particularly friendly one, something that I’m sure they know, and that’s overwhelmingly because of their on site demeanor. If things were different back when I joined the site who knows, maybe I love the Stampede, but that’s not what happened and that’s my biggest nitpick of them, attitude.
Task 13:
So all I know is that the Stampede won the Cup, which is annoying, and the only player that I know on the team is Aron Hernadivic. So he’s my pick for series MVP in the finals. Fish is a good dude most of the time, and I think that his player has been an excellent one for Buffalo over the years. It’s hard to argue with the long term overall performance, so if you really think about it, Buffalo could never have made the finals, much less won the Cup this season if it weren’t for Aron’s performances and he’s the real MVP.
Task 15:
Pumpkin
Task 16: 
Getting to keep the money from the heist would be nice, it would be great to have a huge stockpile of cash to build up my player’s savings. If I had to take Luke out in order to do so, I would be going all out on the expensive dinner. Pick something super nice, a great place to eat, and then with my plan fully enacted, I would heavily heavily heavily consider leaving him to foot the bill at the restaurant. What kind of heisting thief would I be if I didn’t pull it over on the big bad boss one more time by running away and footing the bill as I go back to my millions I stole?
+16 TPE

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52