Create Account

S60 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 12:08 AM by Rotti.)

4. (64 words) +3 TPE
Rotticus Rotticus Shotticus Scott
He scores so many goals, he has such a great shot!
On one cool night he shuffled through real tight
Then deposited the puck the lamp was alight!

He does his dance he does his jam
He winds up and all the defensemen scram!
Wow oh wow does he do some scoring
All these goals it looks like its pouring!

6. IIHF predictions +3 TPE
My prediction for the IIHF tournament this season is a Canada win. After last season's terrible result, not even making the medal round, I think Canada comes back and storms to a gold. We are adding a lot of new blood to the team this season, which is rare with how many high earners we have on the squad. I'm excited to see the team do well, and hope we can clutch up and get another gold added to everyone's trophy cabinet, and a new gold for a 4 new players we've added to the squad. I think Nathan Thomas and Rock Strongo will be big players on the squad, as they both have really good builds but aren't that high TPE. I think Philip Weaver is going to take that next step as a bellcow goalie with Frans Eller going elsewhere and retiring. It should be a fun torunament and there are a lot of good teams right now after a bit of turnover across the entire IIHF.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. +4 TPE
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?

I think that both teams have a reason they're in the cup. If that makes sense. Buffalo has great coaching, the highest average TPE in the league, and have been dominant in a tough conference all season. Chicago has high tpe, and play in the West, where they have of course been dominant because the west kinda stinks. I think they're both deserving, though. Along with Hamilton and Texas I think these are the top 4 teams in the league. 

b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?

For sure Buffalo. 15 seasons is more than enough time to build a good team, whereas Buffalo has had constant roster turnover and still remains one of the more dominant teams in the SHL year after year. I'd say Hamilton is the best team of the FHM era, by far, but Buffalo is right behind, and would probably have the title if not for Hamilton. 

c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.

I'm going to go ahead and pick on Buffalo's branding because I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I really think the Yellow and Green is kinda yucky. If there were two teams to rebrand I'd honestly pick Hamilton and Buffalo, but those are the most valuable backgrounds so its kinda impossible. Maybe some day when we both stink we can rebrand. 

d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

Rotticus Scott is the best player to play for the Chicago syndicate. Although I didn't play for the team, I did get drafted by them so it counts. It might be the case that I am the SyndiGOAT. Best player for Buffalo is probs luffey. That guy has been cracked on cracked and he's nasty with the puck. Dangle snipe and celly thats that dude Luffey. 

15. Trivia word: Yooooooo +3 TPE

17. Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 03:38 AM by Ferda.)

1.) Season 60 of the simulation hockey League has proven to be fruitful for the big wanger as he was able to chill this season and avoid splurging his load over the opposing teams. In his reduced role, Augustus Wang was able to relax after receiving the Scott Stevens award in season 59. He made it clear that he wanted fellow teammates Emilia Bergman and Nicholas Owens to take bigger roles on the team to build their confidence and show that the team has an amazing up and coming core. Wang was still able to net 16 goals and 33 assists which was good for 49 points on the season. A respectable number to say the least. He obviously hopes to improve over this past season but after a second career challenge Cup win, the big wanger has proven all that there is at every level. He has found success at every level that he has played at. Whether it's the smjhl, NBA, cbt or the shl, the Wang continues to be erect himself in each league as an all star player.

6.) Team Canada is due for a big bounce back after a horrendous tournament in season 59 which saw them drop out very early in the event. Often known as title contenders, we saw what the team bum, also known as rotticus Scott, can do when he takes control of a team. Unfortunately, he will be managing the team once again but all star players such as Augustus Wang will likely have a better showing after Wang secured his second career challenge Cup finals. Will his recent wins make him lazy and complacent for the IIHF tournament? We will see. But what we do know is that the canadian team has too much talent to drop out of the tournament that early. They have too many good looking and skilled players to continuously place poorly when representing their nation. I even heard that Justin Trudeau is going to denounce them if they were to not place in the medal rounds this season. Go Canada go.

13.) Steve Harrington deserves finals MVP for his performance in game 7 of the season 60 challenge Cup finals. The man was able to break his challenge Cup curse by overcoming all adversity to score a hat trick and helped the buffalo stampede of the simulation hockey League secure their 2nd challenge Cup with their current core group. He was always known as a good looking no good choker but now he is a challenge Cup champion and joins his teammates such as Aron Hernadivic and Augustus Wang as fellow cup winners. Harrington should also be recognized for his disapproval of team whipping boy Jack Kanoff as Kanoff is known for being lazy and not putting in enough work for the team to win.

15.) Verification word: bufcup

16.) From all of the rumors I have heard, Luke is into very kinky stuff in his personal time. That is why we're going to skip to the chase and go straight back to the closest motel or Inn and I'm going to tie him to the bed and put a gag in him. Next thing I'm going to do is torture him by leaving the room and then joining fellow buffalo stampede members to celebrate us winning the challenge Cup together in dramatic fashion. I will make sure to bring back some snacks, food and water for Luke at the end of the night if he is still breathing and then we will conclude with me untying him and leaving before he gets the chance to attack me.

17.) Milestones

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

CW

Affiliate claim, 3 TPE - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid503144

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

A team full of Pokémon, sounds like a dream coming true. My starting line up will be as follows, I will make a team of my personal favourites, as I believe that you won’t need a full legendary team to compete:

Left Wing: Gengar, he can pop out of nowhere and give the opponents the scare of their life. An agitator on the ice to gain advantage.

Center: Togekiss, going back to diamond / pearl, Serene Grace Togekiss has been my flinchmaster, if we can flinch the opponents starting at the face off circle, we gain immediate possession.

Right wing: Bulbasaur: small, fast and great at deflecting loose pucks towards the net with his vines, a small but versatile sniper

Defense: Jumpluff , maybe everyone underestimates him , but this little poke has the speed to cripple opponents with both stun spore and sleep powder. Good luck coming through this defense.

Defense: Hippowdon, maybe not the fastest, but he will be able to whip up a sandstorm to make it harder to see what is happening for the opponents

Goalie: Sand Veil Garchomp , with his blades he can shut down even the smallest hole in the net. Combined with the sandstorm which will increase his speed, he will be a force to be reckoned with in goal.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I think we should just let everyone make the playoffs, and perhaps work with some bye’s for the regular season champions, it is a developmental league and it will be nice that the worse teams also are able to gain some playoff experience. This brings at least some playoff enjoyment for all and how nice would it be if an underdog makes it all the way to the cup! While it might be unlikely that a long run like that will take place, I think this brings more enjoyment than just the top 8 would bring. Also the new teams will immediately get some playoff experience, so it won’t even be a bad thing to end up on one of the expansion teams.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

VerificationWord

16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I would take Luke out to a night he will never forget. We will go to the mall. First we will visit a naked fortune teller with three nipples (don’t worry, one is fake), then we will go watch at an art show where we can spot hidden figures in drawings (spoiler alert: it’s a sailboat), then we will go visit the easter bunny and beat that guy up. Turns out, that on the day we’re visiting there is also a dating show to be held and as a surprise for Luke we will drug one of the contestants and let Luke take his place. If he wins the dating show, he might be able to end up the day by screwing the person in a very uncomfortable place (like the back of a volkswagen). If this isn’t a date he will remember , I don’t know what is. And the best part is, I still get to keep all the money as this doesn’t cost much.

17. Milestones - 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083928

TPE: 16

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 09:15 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

What makes a hockey player a hockey player
What makes a man a man
Is it that he fights hard forever
Or that he always gets up again?

If you ask the Steelhawks
The answer is clear
Always bend the rules
Then you have nothing to fear

If the masses start begging
'Would you please think of the league'
You'll just be laughing
With 40 Passing and a me-first tactique

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I've always been a fan of the "everybody makes it" format in juniors and have been involved in quite a few discussions about it way in the past. It gives everyone something to play for for the whole season and it helps keep teams relatively close in terms of roster quality because GMs have less of an incentive to go into hardcore rebuilding- and contention cycles. There is nothing worse for rookie retention than people ending up on teams that already know at the start of the season that they'll miss the playoffs, or that barely have any active players on them because they are rebuilding. I don't think adding more teams to the SMJHL changes anything about that basic calculation.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

That's an interesting hypothetical for sure. I have been quite critical of how some aspects of the change to FHM have been handled especially in regards to parity, so I would assume things would have gone much differently if we had stayed with STHS. I don't think we'd have these mega-dynasties that we have today, where the cup rotates between just a handful of teams. Sure, those teams have very good management, but a lot of them already had the same GMs in the STHS era and back then they didn't win a cup every other season. I think we would have a more balanced league if we had stayed with STHS but also a less engaging one, were building a player isn't as exciting and the graphical presentation isn't as good. Looking at where we are right now, I don't think our league is necessarily better off than it was towards the STHS era. What makes FHM so good however is the potential that it still has because if we finally get parity figured out at some point, then we will indeed be in a massively better situation than in STHS. I just hope we can get there...

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

1. Yes and no. Under the current circumstances, these teams definitely deserve to be in the finals, they have strong rosters, are well-managed and their performances certainly aren't a fluke. On the other hand, especially Buffalo benefitted massively from the league dropping the ball on parity during the switch to FHM, which allowed them to become the perennial powerhouse that they are today. So they definitely got a bit lucky in that regard.
2. That's also tough to say, even with the FHM-issues I think both teams still deserve a lot of praise. Buffalo might have gotten lucky during the sim-transition, but nobody will doubt that they have one of the best management groups out there. They weren't the only team that was provided with such a golden opportunity when we switched engines, but they are one of those that made the most of it. At the same time, Chicago is one of the very rare examples of teams that actually managed to worked their way into the top-tier of the league during the FHM era. This is something that just happens much anymore, which makes their accomplishment even more impressive maybe.

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Done, Verification: Kilo

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

Milestones +3

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 06:50 PM by Cobbenstein.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Off the ice Patrick Shepherd got a chance to reset his career by being selected by the Philadelphia Forge in the expansion draft prior to the season. It was a big wake up call and opportunity to prove himself with a new organization. Despite all of the off the ice issues that he faced this season he actually out performed everyone's expectations on the ice. He went from a third line center in Baltimore averaging roughly 20 points per season to and explosive 51 points in 66 games on the top line for the Forge. He doubled his career high in points and helped to lead a brand new franchise to the playoffs in their inaugural season. Given a chance to start over was huge for Patrick and even through the scandals and recalls ans issues that plagued his life off the ice, he persevered and cemented himself as an important part of the Forge roster. 

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

Through some crazy magic I have been transferred into the body of Alexander Roach on the Buffalo Stampede. In getting ready for the final games of this playoff push I would likely try my absolute hardest to make sure I was ready for the games and ready to perform. I would try to eat well, get good sleep, do any rehab that I may require before the games to make sure I was in top condition to try and finish the series out strong. Some in this position may slack off or try to mess up with the new position and player they are inhabiting, but I would want to try my best for Roach. If I am stuck like this forever then I want to win that cup and perform to my best ability. If it's only temporary then it would be a great learning experience for myself when I get to that spot one day to make sure I handle it correctly. 

Code:
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

With the addition of two new Simulation Major Junior Hockey League teams this offseason it raises many questions about how to handle the playoff format going forward. Personally I would like to see a slightly more high stakes playoff format that excludes the bottom end of the league. I am not decided between an 8 or 12 team format, but I don't think one of those is the right answer. I think ultimately at the SMJHL level you do want user engagement to be high so that recreates and new users stick around and stay active, but I think that without some stakes surrounding the offseason it becomes less engaging even if some teams do not make it. 

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I think at this IIHF tournament that Team Ireland will surprise a lot of other nations. Ireland has been somewhat of a punching bag nation for the last several tournaments, but Ireland was also a relatively young nation roster wise. Over the past couple seasons we have seen great growth both in national interest and player tpe that will hopefully lead to better results and a better chance at competing year to year. While the IIHF tournament will still likely be dominated by the nation's you would expect this young and upcoming Irish team will be looking to turn some heads and surprise a few nations making the tournament more interesting overall. The Irish are led by their defensively responsible top lines and have a superb goaltender that should be able to shut down opposing top lines and frustrate many offensive gifted nations. Overall, this may not be the year of the Irish, but it should be a solid start to a competitive window and a little respect. 

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Tree

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
+2 TPE From Milestones

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

5. We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance. (2 TPE)
    I have a lot of mixed feelings about this question. Given the Playoff structures available, there will have to be teams excluded. I get where some people want to have more competition in the SMJHL, and so they’d want only 8 teams in the Playoffs. Especially with some of the strangeness that may be required of conferences and divisions, I really don’t like that idea. In general, since the SMJHL is supposed to help people get invested in the league and learn how to participate, I’m of the opinion that it should continue to be a 12 team playoff since that gets the maximum number of teams participating that we can in the available formats. Given the ability to expand it to a 14 team Playoff in the SMJHL, I’d definitely be in support of it. Playoff berths for all teams in the SMJHL is a good thing since it keeps people involved longer. (154 Words)

7. Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse? (3 TPE)
    I didn’t get to play a ton of time in the STHS era, but I did get a little bit of experience with it to compare to FHM. If we stayed in STHS, I think it would very quickly have become a rat race where the team with the most TPE definitely stands the best chance of winning. By the time I came into the league in S51, there was already sort of an established meta about what worked with STHS builds. I think the meta would have changed into min-maxing as close to an exploitative build as the rules would allow, and it’d be every team trying to catch a piece of Hamilton’s magic. I think it’s reasonable to expect that Chicago, Buffalo, and Hamilton would still be heavy hitters, with Texas on the periphery. I’m not sure if Toronto would still be on the periphery since we had so many problems tanking in STHS. I think I’d personally be getting bored or have already left the league. I like the variance in builds and logic that has come with FHM and getting to be a truer Playmaker. (182 Words)

9. Create a magazine cover. (3 TPE)
[Image: a2WqXqP.png]

15. CW TRIVIA (+3 TPE)
    Daisy

16. Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy? (+2 TPE)
    I didn’t get to launch my own heist, but I got called in for a few of them. For a date, I gotta start with what I know about Luke: he likes history and stats. I think if cost and location are no issue, a day going through the various Smithsonian museums at the National Mall in Washington, DC would be pretty good. I think, in particular, the Smithsonian Castle and the Museum of American History would be the ones to focus on, since they have the most exhibits about pop culture and American sports. For lunch, there’s a variety of interesting upscale restaurants around that area, since it’s close to the Capitol, or we could have a picnic in the park between the Lincoln and Washington Memorials. I’d have to get some input into what kind of food Luke likes. (141 Words)

17. Milestones, Up to 3 TPE
    Link to Milestones - 8/3 Achieved.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 04:50 PM by Fantobens.)

1) +3 tpe

this was a crazy season. And for all its ups and downs there is one thing that really bothered me this season. some thing that really messed everything up. the one thing that is going to mar this otherwise decent season. thats erectile dysfunction. i dont know what happened. maybe its broke. do these things have warrantees? like it just lays there. i took a bunch of pills for it. the doctor says that its age. you get older some things just stop working. some people have bad backs or maybe knees. not me. i got a bad dick. not like bad like the Michael Jackson song, but like bad as in not good. it goes numb sometimes. like someone was sitting on it. or i had it pressed between my thighs or something. you think its haunted? can dicks get haunted? maybe its haunted. by a lazy spirit. that just lays around. also, I want more hits. and fights.

4) +3 tpe

yoooo shl! this one goes out to all yall!
comin at yah from Texas with a capital ASS yall!
check it

countdowns over time to drop the puck
dont care who we playin dont give a fuck
come into the big D and we rattle yo bone
step on up and shout out gods microphone
Buffal oh chicag oh toront oh oh no
who ever you are ill hit you bro, ill kiss you, no ****
LA, san fran, minny, seattle
come in to my zone the boards they will rattle
your teeth, my fist
your butt cheeks, are clinched
see me coming your way think crap
cuz when i connect its time for a nap

5) +2 tpe

i think there should only be 8 teams in the playoffs. honestly all it does is make the playoffs longer. the outcomes rarely change in a seven game series. the better team almost always wins. i mean when it comes to the first place team and the last place team. its not like a shitty team is ever going to make a run and win a four star. its just boosting career playoff numbers. every team making it is kina dumb. makes the first 66 games purpose seeding. since no one misses the playoffs. making the playoffs shorter would also make the teams missing it, have a shorter wait for the following season.

15) +3 tpe

Fantobens

16) +2 tpe

oh Luke doesn't know what's coming for him. first we are going to the board walk. I'm going to win him a big stuffed animal that he has to carry around. until he gets tired, then ill take it for him because I'm a gentle man. whoops did our hands accidentally touch while we were walking? oh no. maybe on my next arm swing ill just grab one of his fingers and see if he hold my hand back. oh. my. god. he did. we are totally holding hands. ill ask him if he wants to go sit on the beach? he does?! ok, ill lie out my coat so we have something to sit on. we will talk for what seems like minutes, but hours pass. hes hungry. oh boy. lets go grab some food back up on the board walk. i take him to a nice seafood dinner and never call him back.

17) +3 tpe

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083970

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

1. It goes without saying that this was a tough year personally for Lev. Between the dumpster fire marketing gigs he got, the identity theft, and the drama/legal issues with his family, Lev was struggling. All those personal issues, however, did not seem to carry over to the ice. In fact, if anything they only seemed to fuel his drive and pushed him into the insane season he had. Lev never missed a practice, he worked out every day, and it translated onto the ice. Scoring thirty goals and have the third most points on the Whalers roster, it was a pretty standout season for being a sophomore. Maybe all of his success on the ice was a contributing factor to the identity theft and the poor marketing gigs. Regardless, the season certainly had a lot of ups and downs, but at least all of the ups were on the ice. (151 Words, +3 TPE)

2. Its the POKESHL and we're gonna acquire the best team of pokeplayers ever. Number one on line up has to be none other than Typhlosion, which is Lev Lebedev himself. Lev has all the energy needed to be that fiery starter who is great offensively and has incredible speed (Plus its my favorite). Next on the list we have our second fire pokemon, this isnt the most well rounded team, with Arcanine AKA Makrus "The Tater" Jager. Another fast and offensive pokemon, Tater has the loyalty and the personality of this majestic beast. Third on the roster, and hailing from NL, we have Blastoise AKA Pasta the Turtle. I think the name explains itself here. The defensive water type is exactly what the team needs to round itself out. To go along with the defense, we have the Whaler's goalie Olof as Machamp. The four different arms allows him to be the best in the net. The team isnt complete, but these four are enough to get started on the journey through the POKESHL. (174 Words, +3 TPE)

3. Lev woke up feeling groggy and sick to his stomach. Completely regretting the chinese food, and subsequent fortune cookies, that he ate last night he quickly ran to the bathroom.. Except this wasnt his bathroom, this wasnt even his apartment. He looked into the mirror and was bewildered to see, for the first time, someone elses face. He was in the body of Chicago Syndicate goalie Mat Smith. Lev knew that fortune cookie tasted weird. His phone (Mats phone?) started buzzing, it was game day and he was running late. Lev's hockey instincts kicked in and he quickly dashed to the arena. The Chicago locker room was buzzing over the finals and trash talking Buffalo. Lev tried keeping to himself in the locker room and for the life of him just couldnt figure out how to put on the goalie pads. A few thoughts raced across his mind.. He was going to have to play in the SHL cup finals in a position hes never played before. Was Mat Smith in his body? He knew two things for sure, there was no way he could win this game, and he was never eating fortune cookies again. (196 words, +3 TPE)

5. With adding two more teams to the SHL playoffs I think its time to adjust the playoff format to a more accommodating and competitive style. There are many ups and downs to switching to a style that takes the top 8 teams instead of all 12. Having the top 8 teams go into playoffs makes the regular season more competitive and gives higher importance to each individual game, as well as any OT win and loss. I think it will keep rookies more invested and will definitely showcase greater divisional rivalries when everyone is edging for a playoff spot. I understand that the J's is supposed to be more inclusive and a learning experience for new players on the site, but with this expansion it seems time to switch to a better format. (133 words, +2 TPE)

12. C. I have never been overly fond of the Buffalo Stampede's logo. I think the color scheme is great and I appreciate the amount of detail in the logo; however, I dont think it accurately depicts their mascot or even what a stampede is. The logo itself reminds me of more a workers union logo than a professional hockey team logo. If you squint your eyes hard enough you cant even make out the buffalo. (74 words, +1 TPE)
D. Aron Hernadivic has had an absolute monster of a season for Buffalo Stampede. He is definitely in the running for one of Buffalo's strongest players. He had an incredibly well rounded season with 92 total points combined between 51 assists and 41 goals. He is an incredibly versatile forward who even has strong defensive capabilities with 80 hits and 52 blocks. He is a strong backbone for the Stampede. (73 Words, +1 TPE)

17. +3 TPE- Milestones

16 total TPE

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 11:07 AM by CptSquall.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Ruslan Zaporozhets has had a hell of a year. With all of the off ice shenanigans, expansion, and moving around the lineup, its been a year. The Toronto North Stars are a strong regular season team and were coming off of a run to the conference finals where they took their rival Buffalo Stampede to game 7. This season, Zapo's production fell again. He is no longer in the near point per game level. Stargang had a great regular season with 90 points, but the end didn't come out so well being swept by the Hamilton Steelhawks. I think the only good thing about this season for Ruslan was meeting Ye Lin. Having a solid partner to enjoy the summer's with outside of hockey might just be the kind of change that this son of a Cossack needs to return to his career highs. Time will tell how far he will go.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Well, lets take a look at this all. For teams that should have a strong showing, i'd say the USA, Switzerland, and even quiet Norway have been solid for the last couple years and it would not surprise me for them to be at the top again. Austria is a bit of a wild card as they have been young for the last couple seasons and this could be a a good year for them. Czechia worries me as well as they had a good amount of players retire last year who may not be on the roster this go around. As for those i don't think will do well? Latvia always seems to suffer sadly and i have not heard much buzz about their team. Russia has been mediocre for the last bit too. Hell Great Britain has not been good since their last bit of medaling. Who knows though. Look at Japan's gold medal team, they weren't top five in the round robin but an amazing team all knockouts.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a: Lets be real, i hate playing for a strong team with zero success. But these two here earned it. CHI went through SFP, TEX, and then CGY. Texas is a high caliber team, Calgary is always a tough one, and even the Pride are a tenacious bunch. On Buffalo's side they battled NEW, HAM, and ATL. New England is a young team, Hamilton is so good, people want to lower the requirements to be called a dynasty. Atlanta might be a little on the down swing but its hard to call them bad when they make the conference finals.

b: I'd say Buffalo's continued dominance from building up back around the early S40s in STHS and carrying all the way through to the start of FHM. It is absolutely amazing to see a team so well built and getting the success they have worked so hard to have. Damn, just too good.

c: I usually rag on Hamilton as the colours seem so drab, dark, and just kind of mediocre. Maybe that is why they work so hard to be an amazing team on ice. If their colour scheme had something other than a Grey-Blue, White, and full on Grey they would stand out more. Honestly this is purely a nitpick.

d: God you are going to ask me that? For Chicago it feels easier for me. Martijn Westbroek has lead the Syndicate in scoring in all but two seasons during the entire FHM era including their one and only cup. If this team, that took the more slow build approach to their expansion draft way back in S46 has yet to retire a player's number to the rafters, it will be Martijn Westbroek.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Stargang

Code:

S60 Milestones

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

3. "I wish I could play like him" echoed through Wilson's head as he fell asleep after seeing the game 7 that saw the Stampede win game 7 over the Syndicate, Wilson wasn't talking about a Buffalo player however, he was thinking about the Chicago and Playoffs points leader in Martijn Westbroek. When Wilson woke up the next day, he was inside of his mind and body right before the game 7. He knew that he had to step it up against the leagues winningest goalie in Doyle, and the game began. It started off with an offensive attack by the Syndicate that seemed to never stop with pass after pass until Wilson, in Martijn Westbroek's body had the puck, he felt a strange feeling as he shot like his abilities were much superiors to his own, and hammers one in the left corner, this onslaught never let up changing history with Chicago winning the title instead of the Stampede. Then Wilson woke up in his own body again, confused on this strange experience.

+3 TPE

6. From what I've heard about the IIHF so far, it is very much dominated by the major countries around the world, especially hockey hotspots. I predict that my former home in Canada will dominate their group, maybe run into a little bit of trouble with Japan, but in the end they will reach the medal round easily. For the other group, I believe it will be between the United States and Great Britain fighting for the top spot in Pool B. In the medal round, I think Canada will handle Japan pretty easily again, and in a tight contest over in the Pool B between the United States and Great Britain will end up in the US taking their spot in the gold medal game. In this game between Canada and the US, I believe that due to their cold climate and hockey prowess, that they will already have an advantage and use it to dominate the US and take home the Gold.

+3 TPE

a. These teams do not deserve to be here according to the people of the SHL. Staring with the salty tweets claiming that the league has no parity and is very top heavy, especially those Buffalo, who beat the other very good team in Hamilton, but then got a mickey mouse opponent in the conference finals with the outmatched Atlanta Inferno.
b. I'd say that Chicago making it again is pretty impressive given that they are a newer team that could be the future dynasty if they were able to defeat the Buffalo team. However, I believe they are outmatched and Buffalo will continue their dominance for the foreseeable future until they start to regress.
c. I'm not the biggest fan of yellow on jerseys/logos, so both teams get a point in that category deducted from me. on the topic of logos, I like the Syndicates logo but I'm not a huge fan of the Stampede's logo, but maybe it looks better on a jersey than just by itself.
d.  The best player on the Stampede at least for this year has to be their goalie Elizabeth Doyle because of their league leading 40 wins on the year out of 55 appearances. On the Chicago side of things they are also helped by their goalie Mat Smith who had a league leading 7 shutouts, and we all know defense wins championships.

+4 TPE

15. Trivia verification word: coward
 + 3 TPE
17. Milestones +3 TPE

16/16 TPE

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 12:27 PM by Seymour.)

8. [Image: Nhr6A1C.png]

9. [Image: rKiZELK.png]

10. [Image: HHk8Cwz.png]

13.  I think it would extremely unfair to all the players on the ice to pick an most valuable player. Sometimes everyone deserves recognition so that is what is going to happen. Each player on Buffalo Stampede and the Chicago Syndicate deserve recognition and maybe like a participation medal for all their hard work. Also the referees deserve it for calling penalties unlike NHL but that’s a prompt for another day. But at the end of the everyone including their moms are the real most valuable players. I hope all people involved have enjoyed their journey to the cup. But to me, all of the are most valuable players. [108 words]

14. [Image: iWhMPZ7.png]

16. J Milestone

16/16

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 04:30 PM by Mooney.)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

While the motto of pokemon is gotta catch em all, unfortunately you can only have 6 pokemon in your party at once. This lines up with the 6 players on the ice at one time so my party would thematically consist of one player in each spot. While high TPE pokemon would make beating the elite (first-to) 4 finals easier, there would be less joy in that so my pokemon team would consist of players that I have a stronger connection to. In Goal would be Jon St. Ark, the up-and-coming NOLA Goalie. I know Arkz well from Yellowknife and I’m sure he’s soon going to be one of the best goalies in the league. In D we would have one strong player from my S56 class, Michael Withecheck, Sakro is an amazing user and will pair up nicely alongside Rikard Bjerg, my GM. Up front we will have Taylor Johansson, another Yellowknife player and amazing user, Miguel Hefeweizen who will soon be playing on both my sim league teams and then our exp share user, Jay Cue. He’s gonna do big things, but might need some time to grow before he takes down the league.

Code:

The SMJHL is about development of players and keeping them active and involved in the league while they’re working up the TPE to compete in the big leagues. For that reason, I think everyone should have the chance to play playoff hockey. While it means the regular season is less impactful than if not everyone makes it, the excitement and hype behind a playoff series is worth that and the potential for anyone to go on and win it is a feeling that might keep some players around if they had doubts otherwise. If your team is better in the regular season, you’ll still have a easier run through or a bye but letting everyone play on the big stage should be encouraged.
Code:

At the time of writing this, Canada are the team to beat. They’re always a top team but have 8 wins from 9 game and with top players of Adam Barron and Theo Morgan already firing, they’re looking like they’re favourites to win again. However Norway look like a team that could seriously contend with them. 2 OTL’s are the difference between them and first place currently, though they have played more games, and Daniel Laforest won’t be lying down and letting them roll over to Canada ever. He’s the goals leader and points leader in the tournament currently and is looking like one of the players of the tournament so far. I expect the USA to climb back up the table as a perennial contender in the IIHF but they’ve not had quite as strong of a start as you would hope. They’ve got a hard group with Norway and Sweden looking like teams who can beat them, but should be looking to contend still.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. The Chicago Syndicate built a team this season to make the final. With the additions of Boris Poroshenko and Mats Marner in the last offseason, this was a make or break season for Chicago. They showed up properly though by doing everything you can do, making the finals and in a single series, anything can happen but they fully deserve and expected to be here.

b. Extended dominance is always impressive in any self-balancing league. The salary cap and draft picks mean that teams should go up and down but Buffalo have shown they’re a top class organisation by making it here so many times. Chicago have a much younger franchise and it’s still impressive to have made such solid runs so quickly but the constant of Buffalo is had to beat.

c. The buffalo stampede logo doesn’t really put across the idea of a stampede. From a distance or on a small scale, it’s kind of just a green blob as the yellow doesn’t contrast in enough detail for the quite intricate design. Either more buffalo than the solitary single buffalo are needed for a more stampeding feel, or more colours/less detail to really pick out the buffalo.

Code:

Moons

Code:
17. Milestones, 2 TPE
S60 Milestones

I understand the appeal of sending every team to the playoffs since the goal of the SMJHL is to keep people active and make them addicted to the league in a way. Well, I think it has the opposite effect. It makes the regular season almost useless and it’s even more frustrating when you play a team that got in as a participation trophy and you get eliminated by them. I think we should make it the best of 8, even if it sucks for those who don’t get in the playoffs. I’ve never been a fan of rewarding people even if they finish last. There are probably other ways to make people stay active even with a longer offseason.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

I knew how to use STHS so I’m sure my player would have done a lot better. There are so many stats to update in the new sim and now with the new, punishing scale it takes even longer to go up by a point so if you mess up, it’s pretty difficult to change your trajectory and I’ll probably never pay to redistribute in my life because I’m too lazy to make more money. STHS was so random, you could put points anywhere and still perform decently. I always liked creating scorers so I would have put a lot of points in scoring and even with rules to limit the “cheating” with scoring, I think I would have done well a lot earlier. All the players looked the same after a while but if you had sim luck on your side, everything was possible… oh wait, I never did have sim luck so maybe if I follow instructions I’ll actually do better with FHM.

Every time the Hamilton Steelhawks, Chicago Syndicate or Buffalo Stampede make it to the finals, it’s just a series of shitfuckeries. Wake up sheeps, the league wants only these teams to win to fit their agenda and they threw in a Texas win to look a little less obvious. All luck, no skills. /s

I’m so damned tired of seeing Buffalo in the finals but I can’t deny that it’s impressive. I could be talking out of my ass (as I often do because I don’t like to do research) but I think they did it mostly with homegrown talent instead of signing every cup chaser ever. That’s pretty good management.

I like both the logos enough so I’m complaining because I want that one TPE. Chicago’s logo doesn’t need the diamond in the background. Is this a sports logo or a freaking traffic sign? If you want to add something in the background add something that has to do with the branding.

Elizabeth Doyle is Evok’s player and Evok is always the answer so you have your answer for this question too. She has won a bunch of cups, awards (I think?) and although she plays on a packed team, she still has amazing statistics. A packed team needs good players so I’m not uncomfortable choosing a player who happens to be awesome even while a team is dominant. I’m also too lazy to research so… Evok.

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

We already established that the correct answer to anything is Evok so I will pick Elizabeth Doyle for this question. She leads other goalies in most categories and she did so despite playing until the finals. Sometimes you see a goalie stats drop because they have to play longer but she stayed the leader anyway. The Stampede is a well oiled machine so everyone participates in their success but I think Doyle was the player that helped them to the cup the most.

Maximov

2 milestones

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 07:54 PM by boom.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

Even with the embarrassing obstacles, William Hartmann still had a very good season. He set personal bests in assists and points with 43 and 68 respectively, and also showed up as a physical force to be reckoned with even through his small size, adding 122 hits and 75 blocks to cement himself as someone willing to go to the dirty areas of the ice to make the play. While his skills on defense can still leave something to be reckoned, having a huge season as a playmaker was a huge boon to the retooling Edmonton Blizzard, being able to help other younger players get plenty of shots and goals. Off the ice, Hartmann excelled as well with a big contract extension taking him through S62 where he's expected to get even better of a player, and Hartmann also gained attention in Edmonton for his endorsements with local businesses and his work with a local charity for homeless people. The Swiss Army Knife, as he has been occasionally referred to for his all-around play, has nowhere to go but up.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

I tend to consider myself a relatively conservative player/GM, and with my background in the SMJHL as a GM there I love my picks/prospects with their potential. I'd say my approach to navigating the PokeSHL would be to assemble players from junior and train them up into a juggernaut 2000 TPE squad, and focus on getting young players with potential to grow. The most important part of creating a Pokemon team is to create a team that is balanced, but also has synergy between each other to ensure they can work together well as a team to achieve victory. The first player would be my own William Hartmann, as the jack of all trades and fast player. My second team member would be Jimmy Wagner, built for outspeeding players and getting hits off before they can strike back. Third up is Zayne Rotzbua as the beef, as every good team needs someone who can sponge hits while dealing tons of damage. Fourth up would be Nour's player, Gabe-Gooney-Waters Harrak, as the supporter. Every team needs a player who does a ton of work behind the scenes to make sure everyone is taken care of. Fifth up is Axel Foley as another pivot player who can serve a role on both offense and defense, while the final member of the team is Jon St. Ark, who serves as a pure defensive wall to sponge hits that would otherwise take down other team members.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

Oh man, this one brings back bad memories. I played one season in STHS before we switched to FHM, and to put it simply, my build was atrocious. I don't remember exactly what it was, but even at my rookie season I had something like 75 skating and checking and passing/shooting ratings in the 50s. It was ugly. I had four goals and 7 points in my rookie season, but I did get 156 hits, 53 PIM and I think one or two ejections in that season. Had that build stayed the same, I probably would have followed a path similar to someone like Niccolo Livius, where I did nothing but hit and fight. STHS had a quirk where higher checking just meant more penalties, which was annoying. However, FHM was a good chance to rebuild my player the way I wanted, and I ended up creating the fast, physical winger that I was trying to get to all along. I think in that case I might have gotten more SMJHL points (still annoys me that I didn't get to 100 career J points), but overall I think my career would have been pretty similar.

Quote:12. 

The best-ever Chicago Syndicate player would probably have to be Corey Kennedy. He's consistently been a great two-way defenseman for the team, putting up over 40 points in six of the previous seven seasons. He's also responsible with the puck, having consistently high plus-minus numbers every year. And with triple-digit shot block numbers five seasons running, Kennedy is the guy you want on the ice when you need to keep the puck out of the net.

15. Trivia word: roast (+1 TPE, plus correct answers)

17. Milestones claim +3 TPE

Claimed: 14 + trivia/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 01:16 PM by TheCC.)

15. Verification word: bayleysux
17. Milestones
18. ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]