Create Account

Add a [better] warning about retirement
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 03:05 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Aside from the whole meme retirement thing, if we implemented some of the changes suggested in here that would make unretiring have very little consequences, it would open up a whole new avenue of potential abuse and players would then be able to use retirements to strongarm their GMs, force trades, avoid certain teams in the Draft etc... I think some people underestimate the can of worms such a change would open.

Besides, I think it's a bit tactless to insinuate that people in here don't care about mental health merely because they don't agree with a suggestion you made/support. There are legitimate reasons why the rule was originally implemented and there also are legitimate arguments to uphold it - which of course you can disagree with on a factual level, but don't resort to shitty personal attacks like that. Nobody is gonna be forced off their player for a snap decision and if you wanna discuss lowering the amount they lose by unretiring from 15% to 10% or something then be my guest. But actions need to have consequences or this game becomes meaningless - especially if the rules clearly state what those consequences are in multiple places.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:13 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Vik - 08-14-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Wally - 08-09-2021, 06:28 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by hhh81 - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a [better] warning about retirement - by RomanesEuntDomus - 08-10-2021, 02:59 PM