Create Account

Emiko Memorial Thread

Hey everyone,

As I’m sure some of you have already been made aware, longtime user in multiple sim league communities @Emiko passed away at 26 due to complications with cancer, something that she had opened up about on here and on various other forums.

This has been an absolutely heartbreaking thing for many of us in the community, I didn’t personally know Emi very well but I know she meant a lot of things to a lot of people, and after forming a lot of my own very close, personal bonds through this site, its very easy to understand and empathize with how tragic this has been, and how heartbreaking it is for those who were close with her.

Emi has been around the SHL since S44, finding success for the first time in S48 as the long time goalie for the Edmonton Blizzard, and more recently, as a member of the Kelowna Knights as a rookie. She was a member of this community here for over 3 years now and she will be missed and forever loved by a lot of people. As niche as this hobby is, it has allowed us to form a community that is really so connected in our niche, and this loss is one that we can all feel because of that.

PBE has done something similar on their forums, and we’d like use this thread as an opportunity for you all to share some of your favourite memories with Emi. Rest in peace friend, we will never forget you.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 09:12 AM by BadWolf.)

If anyone needs a place to talk, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I know how tough loss is. We will all miss Emi. <3 _/ _/ _/

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

oh my, so young :(

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Emi was one of the reasons I first joined the SHL, and was always a nice person to hang around, I’ll still remember the partnership we had before the S59 draft, (even though it didn’t turn out).

Rest In Peace Emi.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I didn't know Emi very well, having only talked to her a couple of times on league-stuff while scouting, or as a rookie mentor to her latest draft class. My thoughts go out to her family and loved ones.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Heartache here... Wish I had more words :(

[Image: Wally.png]

Damn, rest in peace

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

It is regrettable, for me, that I didn't get a chance to know her as well as many others here on the site. From the few conversations we had, she definitely showed that she was both compassionate as well as perseverant. This is a terrible loss and we will miss her dearly.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

sad news. If there is anything we can do for her family, i'm sure the league(s) would like to know

\_\_\_

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I had no idea she was dealing with that. Awful to see.

Very sad news.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Horrible horrible news - too young. RIP

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 10:23 AM by Fluw.)

Damn... Had a great conversation with emi during the J draft and really wanted to draft her to the Grizzlies, as I really enjoyed talking with her... Excuse my language but fuck cancer.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Oh wow, losing a family member or a friend so young is one of the worst things in life. I hope her family and friends find peace and can celebrate her life and the memories she left.
Remember people, life is meant to be lived. If you're affected hard, speak to someone about it<3

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Rip @Emiko

[Image: Fantobens.gif]