Create Account

Fudge's Sweet Takes (2x First Media)
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2021, 11:40 PM by Dhoop.)

Hello and welcome to Northlands Sports Authority! I am Frans Fudge with your yearly prospect update. Each year I like to select one player heading into the draft that could make a huge slash in the league. This year I have the honor to interview Lesgo Brandon coming out of Edina, Minnesota. This 6'1 195lb Left Wing is considered a natural amongst his peers. He has lead his High School to three state championships and has broke three scoring titles for his school. This young prospect has garnished a lot of attention leading up to this draft and looks to bring hype to this upcoming season. Here is my interview with this young phenom.

Fudge: Hello Lesgo, and thank you for sitting down with me this evening.

Brandon: It's an honor Sir. I have followed your work since I was a kid.

Fudge: I appreciate that, lets get right into it shall we. You are coming off one of the most impressive High School campaigns in state history, braking three scoring records and leading your team to its third straight state championship. How was that experience for you?

Brandon: It was an amazing year. We had a great group of guys this year and we all meshed well as a team. I was blessed to be part of such a historic group and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

Fudge: How did it feel knowing you were on pace to break three scoring records at the half way point in the year?

Brandon: I was just doing my best to stay in the present. We needed to focus on one game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves if we wanted to compete for the state championship.

Fudge: Yeah, but you were on track to shatter three state records by the seasons half way mark. You had to have known you were on pace to break them?

Brandon: I really don't like to keep track of my points all that much, I just want to help the team anyway I could.

Fudge: C'mon, everyone knew where you stood points wise at the start of the year. You were on everyone's watch list this year. No emotion? Be real with me.

Brandon: I knew going into this year it was going to be a big year. I just did my best to play each game to best help my team win. They were the biggest reason I did so well.

Fudge: You really do have a knack for straight forward robotic answers don't you. Dad help you with that?

Brandon: Haha I just say it how it is.

Fudge: OK, no BS, when you played St. Paul for the Semi-Final game and had six goals and four assists, how did that feel?

Brandon: Haha, you are baiting a rival type response. It felt great, we really wanted to beat our rivals and putting a game together like that we all felt great with our play. We did a great job trapping the neutral zone and limiting passing lanes to keep a constant pressure on them. I can say my line mates were the stars that game they made all the plays, I was just the benefactor of the goals.

Fudge: You were awarded Minnesota's Mr. Hockey Award this year, how was it to follow some of Minnesota's greats to win the award?

Brandon: It's an honor to be given the award. I have grown up idolizing past winners hoping one day I would be able to win the award. I really feel its one of the greatest moments of my life for sure.

Fudge: After having historic High School Career, are you excited for taking the next step into the draft? And do you feel ready to play at the next level?

Brandon: I am ready to take that next step. I feel my game fits in well at the next level. I always have room to grow but I do feel I am ready to make a big impact at the next level. I have been working hard on my skating and stick control to prepare myself for the next level. I just want to be part of organization where I can help at the best of my ability to win.

Fudge: Where do you think you will be drafted? Would you consider it a disappointment to fall out of the top 10?

Brandon: I think every prospect has the dream to come into the draft and be selected #1 overall. And no if I am not selected in the top 10 I will not be disappointed. I feel if that is the case, It just means I need to work that much harder to show them I should have been selected higher.

Fudge: So you would coast if selected #1?

Brandon: Haha touché, and no, if that was my fate it would mean working 10x harder to prove that's where I belonged. I work hard day in and day out and where I get selected won't change that. It is just the motivation for the workout.

Fudge: Ok Lesgo, last question: I heard you had some off ice instances last year. Care to speculate?

Brandon: Ah yes, I was waiting for this. All I can say on this matter is I was at this party and no I do not remember any clowns or donkeys. That is all I have to say on the matter.

Fudge: There ya have it folks. Lesgo Brandon, one of the top prospects heading into the S63 Draft.

I feel this kid has a lot of potential moving into this upcoming draft. He already has the professional presence in these answers, but its even more exciting to see him play the game. I hope to see him land in one of the top 5 spots in the draft. He has remarkable hands and even better skating. Like he said in the interview he prides himself on the work ethic he puts in day in and day out to be one the of the best to play. Look for him to make a big impact in the league coming up. He has that top 6 forward mentality and you could see him put in some big power play time with his passing and ability to get open. He can flat out fly and is very strong on his skates. He would probably be the best pure skater I have ever seen going into a draft. He will be a main stay on any club this upcoming season and look for him to produce right away.

Until next time,

Frans Fudge
Northlands Sports Authority