Create Account

Rock Strongo's Free Agency Journey w/ Press Conference
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 04:18 PM by Leafs4ever.)

(READY FOR GRADING)

There aren't many firsts that are left for me to experience in the SHL. Having been here since day 1, being a GM, and being commissioner, I've seen it all. This past weekend, however, I happened to go through a first in the SHL. After 61 seasons and 4 players, currently on number 5, I finally experienced free agency as a player. If we're being fair, this is only the second player that has had the chance to go to free agency, as the first 3 were during my GM days. Either way, I finally ventured into the great unknown that is free agency and came out the other end with another first in my SHL career. First the first time, one of my players will play for more than one SHL team in their career.

Earlier today, Rock Strongo decided to leave Minnesota and join the Los Angeles Panthers. This was one of the toughest decisions I've had to make in the SHL. Firstly, I'm not a fan of changes. If you've been here long enough, you may have noticed that already. I do things the same way like clockwork. I legitimately agonized over this decision. I loved all my teammates in Minnesota and I was happy to see @Mutedfaith take over as GM. The team had been put in a tough spot and I knew that leaving hurt them even more. After a few sleeps, though, I messaged Muted and told him of my decision to sign elsewhere. I want to take this space now to thank all of Minnesota for welcoming me into their team and being a fantastic group of people. I wish them so much success and I know they're destined for great things.

This brings me, now, to the team that made it possible to experience this first in my career. Right when FA discussions were open, I got a message from Fuzz about joining the Panthers. They made it clear that I was a main target for them in FA and were quick to lay out their plan for me and the team, both in the present and the future. They were open and honest and generally awesome to discuss things with. After Fuzz, I also talked with a couple of other members of the team and got to know a little more about the team, the environment, and how things were run. I came out of each conversation more and more impressed. Everything just seemed to be right whenever I would talk to them or think about myself on the Panthers. It felt like the perfect fit for my player. After I let Minnesota know, I messaged Fuzz and told them of my decision to join Los Angeles. Being there for only a few hours, I feel so welcomed by all of my new teammates. I'm so excited to start my journey with Los Angeles and I really think we are bound for greatness. So thank you to @FuzzSHL and @TheDangaZone and all of Los Angeles for wanting and welcoming Rock to their team. I hope to be a big piece in bringing the Challenge Cup back to Los Angeles.

*special shout out to @Mike Izzy for reaching out on behalf of the Dragons. The cojones on them to actually attempt to get me to sign with Calgary when they damn well knew I would sooner delete the league then ever play for them. Gotta respect the hustle!

Press conference time! I will now take any and all questions you may have about my player, my free agency, my favourite recipes, whatever your heart desires.

(603 words)

-------------------------------------------------

10-27-2021, 03:47 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Were the parm offers not enough?

What impressed you the most about LAP?

1. Nothing will ever been enough. NOTHING!

2. Their roster. The players fit with my player and the timelines are a perfect as well. A lot of top earners that are still young and improving. Also, the management group made me feel wanted in every message they sent. They didn't try to BS anything about the team. They laid everything out, were honest in their assessments, I felt that they and the team genuinely wanted me. It felt right from the very beginning.

10-27-2021, 03:49 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: Favorite recipes, you say? What’s your favorite dinner recipe and your favorite dessert recipe?

I went keto a couple of years ago and as such got into a lot of low carb recipes. There was one for dinner that I really enjoyed. It's chicken layered with broccoli and cheese. So you flatten some chicken breast, season it, and lay it on the bottom of your casserole dish. Then, you mix chopped broccoli with some shredded cheese, cream cheese, and seasoning. Layer it on the chicken breast in the dish and then top it with another flatter chicken breast, like the bottom. Bake it and enjoy. Delicious.

As for dessert, there's a few that I've made that turned out great. Two of my most recent ones were a keto pecan pie and keto pumpkin pie. Both really good for there being no real sugar in it.

10-27-2021, 03:54 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: how many agonizing days did you have to wait

I slept on my decision for a couple of nights. Went back and forth until I decided last night.

10-28-2021, 11:21 PMluketd Wrote: LAP hasn’t won the cup since S17, since you were a GM all those seasons ago. What makes you think they can get over the hump

This roster already has a bunch of high earners on it who are still a ways away from regression and improving every day. I fee like my addition helps round out the forward group and make it that much deeper from lines 1 to 3. Add in an impressive top 4 on D and I think we're ready to take a big step in contending. This isn't a roster that only has 1 or 2 shots left, this is a group that is going to grow together and be elite for a lot of seasons.

10-29-2021, 03:31 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: First of all wanted to welcome you to LA again!  It has already been great having you in the room and I'm excited to see where our roster can go.

Questions!

When free agency started did you think you had a better chance of staying or leaving?

Did you expect LAP to target you or was it a surprise?

Seen any good movies lately?

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Knowing myself, I just figured that I would stay. Like I said, I'm not big on changes and I tend to stay where I am. However, the Chiefs were going through a tough situation with the turnover of GMs and a couple of notable retirements and aging of top players. I knew I would keep an open mind to any serious offers from other teams.

To be honest, I never thought about which teams would reach out. All I was going to do was wait until FA hit and see who would come and reach out. I'm not going to lie, I thought I would get more interest, but thankfully the team that did reach out was such a perfect fit. Almost like it was meant to be.

I haven't seen any new movies lately. I watched Good Boys on Netflix, that was pretty good. Other than that, just been catching up on my shows (Dark Side of the Ring, Only Murders in the Building, re-watching The Office).

I don't really think I've tried anything out of the ordinary. I'm not the type to venture out and try those weird dishes anyway. I've eaten things like grape leaves and dandelion. Not necessarily weird, but uncommon.

(Press Conference Answers: 533 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Were the parm offers not enough?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Favorite recipes, you say? What’s your favorite dinner recipe and your favorite dessert recipe?

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

how many agonizing days did you have to wait

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

10-27-2021, 03:47 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Were the parm offers not enough?

1. Nothing will ever been enough. NOTHING!

2. Their roster. The players fit with my player and the timelines are a perfect as well. A lot of top earners that are still young and improving. Also, the management group made me feel wanted in every message they sent. They didn't try to BS anything about the team. They laid everything out, were honest in their assessments, I felt that they and the team genuinely wanted me. It felt right from the very beginning.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2

10-27-2021, 03:49 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: Favorite recipes, you say? What’s your favorite dinner recipe and your favorite dessert recipe?

I went keto a couple of years ago and as such got into a lot of low carb recipes. There was one for dinner that I really enjoyed. It's chicken layered with broccoli and cheese. So you flatten some chicken breast, season it, and lay it on the bottom of your casserole dish. Then, you mix chopped broccoli with some shredded cheese, cream cheese, and seasoning. Layer it on the chicken breast in the dish and then top it with another flatter chicken breast, like the bottom. Bake it and enjoy. Delicious.

As for dessert, there's a few that I've made that turned out great. Two of my most recent ones were a keto pecan pie and keto pumpkin pie. Both really good for there being no real sugar in it.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2

10-27-2021, 03:54 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: how many agonizing days did you have to wait

I slept on my decision for a couple of nights. Went back and forth until I decided last night.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2

Code:
*special shout out to @Mike Izzy for reaching out on behalf of the Dragons. The cojones on them to actually attempt to get me to sign with Calgary when they damn well knew I would sooner delete the league then ever play for them. Gotta respect the hustle!

There will always be an extra Chicken Parm sub waiting for you at the Dragons dinner table.

Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

LAP hasn’t won the cup since S17, since you were a GM all those seasons ago. What makes you think they can get over the hump

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Panthers

Panthers

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

We have that strongo strength now  Panthers Panthers Panthers

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 03:37 PM by Leafs4ever.)

10-28-2021, 11:21 PMluketd Wrote: LAP hasn’t won the cup since S17, since you were a GM all those seasons ago. What makes you think they can get over the hump

This roster already has a bunch of high earners on it who are still a ways away from regression and improving every day. I fee like my addition helps round out the forward group and make it that much deeper from lines 1 to 3. Add in an impressive top 4 on D and I think we're ready to take a big step in contending. This isn't a roster that only has 1 or 2 shots left, this is a group that is going to grow together and be elite for a lot of seasons.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2

First of all wanted to welcome you to LA again! It has already been great having you in the room and I'm excited to see where our roster can go.

Questions!

When free agency started did you think you had a better chance of staying or leaving?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

10-29-2021, 03:31 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: First of all wanted to welcome you to LA again!  It has already been great having you in the room and I'm excited to see where our roster can go.

Questions!

Knowing myself, I just figured that I would stay. Like I said, I'm not big on changes and I tend to stay where I am. However, the Chiefs were going through a tough situation with the turnover of GMs and a couple of notable retirements and aging of top players. I knew I would keep an open mind to any serious offers from other teams.

To be honest, I never thought about which teams would reach out. All I was going to do was wait until FA hit and see who would come and reach out. I'm not going to lie, I thought I would get more interest, but thankfully the team that did reach out was such a perfect fit. Almost like it was meant to be.

I haven't seen any new movies lately. I watched Good Boys on Netflix, that was pretty good. Other than that, just been catching up on my shows (Dark Side of the Ring, Only Murders in the Building, re-watching The Office).

I don't really think I've tried anything out of the ordinary. I'm not the type to venture out and try those weird dishes anyway. I've eaten things like grape leaves and dandelion. Not necessarily weird, but uncommon.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2