Create Account

Montreal Patriotes + nour Punishment

I appeal this decision.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

With this decision being so hardline, are we going to see the book thrown at teams that missed the regression deadline?

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

11-01-2021, 11:08 AMInf1d3l Wrote: Without going into a lot of details, in the end I didn't do my due diligence to make sure the back-ups were met. There were several other circumstances involved in this (including, but not limited to, making sure our past GM wasn't actually dead) but I digress.

I voiced my extreme displeasure to HO regarding the handling of this situation in the hopes that things would improve, but considering it took over a week between my being informed of the punishment and this post (and over a week between them knowing of the infraction and actually informing me of it), I'm sadly not super convinced that things will improve. I have my hopes, but that's about all I can do.

I did appeal the decision. In fact, I appealed the decision hours after I was informed and long before this post was made, unfortunately HO and Ownership felt that handing down the punishment was more important than keeping the stability of the franchise with a new leadership change, and the situation that lead to that.

I will accept the punishment, but I'm not happy about it. HO needs to get their shit together on things if this is the sort of league they are running.

king

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

11-01-2021, 11:18 AMCementHands Wrote: I'm glad the league takes a hard stance on clearly defined GM tasks being missed

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I don't care if it's hurts my application to HO, this is a stupid fucking decision. The only silver lining is making MTL worse next season actually benefits them.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Does the probation apply to flash? He wasn't even hired when this infraction occured. Putting infi on probation is dumb enough but that'd be icing on the cake.

11-01-2021, 11:18 AMCementHands Wrote: I'm glad the league takes a hard stance on clearly defined GM tasks being missed

Lmao

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Seems like a good way to discourage people from GMing in the future. Inf1d3l gets the book thrown at him while other GMs can't even do something simple like respond to polls, regression etc? The future is bright in MTL. I am not so sure about the SHL though.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Echoing other users, is it possible for HO to revisit this punishment and reconsider the fact that inf1d3l was not the GM at the time, and take a look at other extenuating circumstances?

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

11-01-2021, 11:08 AMInf1d3l Wrote: Without going into a lot of details, in the end I didn't do my due diligence to make sure the back-ups were met. There were several other circumstances involved in this (including, but not limited to, making sure our past GM wasn't actually dead) but I digress.

I voiced my extreme displeasure to HO regarding the handling of this situation in the hopes that things would improve, but considering it took over a week between my being informed of the punishment and this post (and over a week between them knowing of the infraction and actually informing me of it), I'm sadly not super convinced that things will improve. I have my hopes, but that's about all I can do.

I did appeal the decision. In fact, I appealed the decision hours after I was informed and long before this post was made, unfortunately HO and Ownership felt that handing down the punishment was more important than keeping the stability of the franchise with a new leadership change, and the situation that lead to that.

I will accept the punishment, but I'm not happy about it. HO needs to get their shit together on things if this is the sort of league they are running.

HO does need to get their shit together. This and other things that will be coming are solely on them not actually doing anything in a timely manner.

I believe that we found this literally at the start of the playoffs based off my file download history (playoff 1 file) and as far as I know HO was informed about it privately at that time. The fact this is coming out now is absurd.

The punishment sucks and I get that part, but the worst part is that this comes out after a full playoff, and elongated offseason, during which time you had to assume you would be punished with nothing set in stone.

11-01-2021, 11:59 AMmer Wrote: Echoing other users, is it possible for HO to revisit this punishment and reconsider the fact that inf1d3l was not the GM at the time, and take a look at other extenuating circumstances?

Infidel was the co-gm at the time and as such would have been responsible of BU games regardless

11-01-2021, 11:09 AMmastersheep Wrote:
11-01-2021, 11:02 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: what did we do for SFP? is this comparable? lol

I'm pretty sure Thatguy was already GM by then so it's not.

Yeah I took over half way through that season, so I had much more time to do something about it. And I was aware I had to do it, I just messed up the lines upload. So not really a comparable situation to this one.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

So late regression punishments when?

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

11-01-2021, 12:17 PMSDCore Wrote: So late regression punishments when?
This.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

11-01-2021, 10:48 AMGeekusoid Wrote: While I understand its in the rulebooks this way....but..

Montreal just received a new GM.  Can he be held accountable for the actions of the prior leadership?   I mean, if they must have a cap penalty then I guess that goes....but not for termination.  They have 0 prior offenses as new GM.

Yeah, hoping this gets reversed.  Montréal's prior GM ghosts out of nowhere.  Infidel comes in and does a fantastic job picking up the pieces long before HO recognizes him as the GM and misses 2 starts of a backup goalie on a team not exactly competing for the Cup.  Result - the team gets slapped around, and Infidel gets fined and put on probation?  That's not even a sick joke.  That this was ever thought to be a good resolution is incomprehensible.  HO didn't just drop the ball on not catching the infraction.  They completely muffed the supposed punishment.

I'll go on record now.  Infidel gets canned for some stupid little minor thing while on this ridiculous probation and Abel Skinner will retire immediately.  Not the best player in the league as an understatement, but I'm in 7 other leagues and will be happy to recount the reasons why this is one of the only leagues I'm not in.