Create Account

Backyard Baseball 2001 Online

Hey everybody, it's me. Your former Reddit Backyard Baseball League World Champion.

I had to retire from the league because my life got a little busier. But all of those dudes are still cool, and they still play in the league / do their own thing with tournaments and files.

For those who are unaware from the last time I posted about this -- some people figured out how to make every player, including those generic people you might recognize by name when playing against them, draftable/playable when we make the files outside the game. That made for more complete rosters, balanced teams, and really competitive play.

Just recently, another huge development was made. Somebody figured out how to make Backyard Baseball 2001 online play a reality using ScummVM and their own server hosting capability. You can download the client with the game at backyardsports.online. The instructions are, in my opinion, quite easy compared to some of the stuff people do on computers now. BUT if you're interested and find yourself confused, please ask me.

Would anyone be interested in checking out the online mode and possibly playing in a fun tournament that I would run? There are multiple rulesets available in the game (BYBB01 was actually quite advanced in that respect) - and I can do a small demo if anyone would be interested.

Just as a note, only the original characters are playable in online mode. There's a 3 inning game mode that I would definitely use for this, makes the games at maximum like 30 minutes.

Interested in trying this out if you can get it going

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I think I need at least 4 - let's do it!

i'll try it out.

Dominik Tretyak
Anchorage Armada
Goalie
Magnitogorsk, RUS

[Image: PP492HY.gif]

I'm making a backyard baseball fan fiction