Create Account

S62 PT#1: Game on

I'm sticking with the dual prompt thingy for this season. With all of the prompt 1s over the season, I will allow the option to build a season long narrative if you stick with these prompts. Feel free to jump over to prompt 2 any time you don't feel you can continue, or jump over to prompt 1 if it feels fun to write about. Anyways, here we go.

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- The SHL technological department (this is a thing?) funded by Luke and his 440,000,000 dollars has had a huge breakthrough and is introducing THE GAME, the ability to upload a player's consciousness into a simulation and play out a hockey tournament with these players. It works like a photocopy of your brain, allowing you to live your life inside the simulation while also having a normal life outside of it, as you've been doing your whole life. The SHL has already collected the consciousnesses of a large number of SHLers, past and present, to begin constructing teams for the ultimate all-time SHL legend tournament.

The 4 teams include the Up-and-Comers, players who haven't hit their prime yet but show incredible promise to become future superstars. Then there's the Superstars, elite talent in the SHL who show dominance on the scoresheet night in and night out. The Grizzled Vets are players deep into regression but still solid, with legendary careers and are likely locks for the SHL hall of fame. The Hall-Of-Famers are retired players who once were the tip-top of the SHL and acknowledged by the HOF committee as deserving of one of the highest honors in the sport.

Now for the crazy part: YOU have been selected to take part in this tournament of the best of the best. Yeah, you. So join us on a season long ride where you might just win the honors of being the best SHLer to ever exist.

Written Task: Describe which team you have been placed on. Younger players will be on the Up-and-Comers, players at peak tpe or just in regression will be in the Superstars, players well into regression will be on the Grizzled Vets, and if you have a retired HOF player (as we all do) feel free to write as them on the Hall-of-Famers team. Once you've picked your team: Write about your teammates, pick at least 4 players selected to your team to help build your narrative. Describe your first practice and generally interacting with them. Be creative! This is your story to build on in the coming weeks.

Graphic Task: Create a graphic with yourself and 4 players on your respective SHL THE GAME team, as well as a special skill for each player as to why they were chosen for this tournament. Again, for complete tpe in this task you need a graphic of 5 players including your own, and 1 special skill for each chosen player (5 total)[/b]

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: A new NEVER seen before prompt.... How has your team changed over the offseason? What have they added, lost? How are you feeling about this season? Pumped to try and make a name for yourself and hopefully do some damage in the playoffs? Or numb because you know the cup champion before the season even starts and are just looking forward to some juicy offseason drama in the s62 offseason?

Graphic Task: Create a graphic about any changes on your team, added/subtracted players, who was grown what attributes, anything you like. Include 1 player graphic and 3 text/stat lines.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, November 14th at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 05:26 PM by hockeyiscool.)

The team that I have been placed upon is the peak players. These is the team that is just now hitting their stride and are reaching top parts of the league. One of the teammates is a team up with Sven Yxskaft. A call back to the four-star cup winning season with the Carolina Kraken, one of the people I have tremendous respect for in the league and carries themselves highly. Paired with Yxskaft we have one of my fellow Norwegian Adam Scianna. Someone who has been core for the Texas Renegades for almost a decade and will be for presumably another decade. Also on the team will be one of my friends and insane powerforward of the league Alexander Roach as well as his peaking S53 teammates Jack Kanoff, Steve harrington and Jaska Seppala. The second pair will be an homage to the annual goal scoring bet between Jukka Timonen and Magnus Liljestrom. In addition to them My fellow linemate Zoltan Topalo will continue to play along side me because we work well together.    

[175 words.]

pt pass

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Code:
Written Task: A new NEVER seen before prompt.... How has your team changed over the offseason? What have they added, lost? How are you feeling about this season? Pumped to try and make a name for yourself and hopefully do some damage in the playoffs? Or numb because you know the cup champion before the season even starts and are just looking forward to some juicy offseason drama in the s62 offseason?

Here in the great land of the Kelowna Knights , we have learned from our previous season by exceeding expectations and making it to the playoffs but eventually falling in the second round. However, this upcoming season our sophomore players have trained extensively hard and have brought in some fresh new faces to liven up our locker rooms to give us that bolt of energy to have a great regular season and perform better in the playoffs (good thing we are in a 3 team division this season). Starting next season is when management believes we will have our cup window, but if we look back to last season many thought we would be a bottom dwelling team and we finished in the middle of the pack. I am super excited to see for this upcoming season and looking to make a deep playoff run and potentially getting revenge on the Colorado Raptors who swept us in the playoffs last season.

Looking to also give my fellow MTL draft pick Zayne Dangle some love taps when we square off against each other as well. 

(183 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 02:56 PM by yosh.)

The Seattle Argonauts have had a fairly productive off-season, picking up a big signing in free agent forward Bobby Sharp. In the Season 62 SHL draft, the Seattle Argonauts acquired two more outstanding prospects to join the cause, adding on Sconnie McHits with the 3rd overall pick and Wendolene Ramsbottoms with the 23rd overall pick, strengthening a very nice farm system of prospects that will really help to give some life to the current core in a few seasons.

As for Vaseline Podcalzone, Season 62 is going to be a season where he's really hoping to prove himself. After going from a relatively down year in Season 60 with only 30 points to reaching a career high in the SHL with 42 points (including his first 20-20 season in the SHL and also recording his 100th career SHL point), he's looking to stay up on the rise and make a name for himself with a beeg beeg season.

WC: 158

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

PT Pass

This off-season was one of big change. At the end of the season, I was a free agent and decided to sign with a new team. I went from playing for the Minnesota Monarchs to playing for the Los Angeles Panthers.

I'm going from a team with some big changes in Minnesota to a team that fits my timeline and is on the cusp of becoming a legit cup contender. There are a bunch of players on Los Angeles that were drafted in Season 56 along with me and each one of us have been developing and working hard since that day. We are leaders among our draft class and ready to come together as the core of this team and lead the Panthers to contention. As the new guy coming in, I want to make an impact on the team. I want them to feel good about signing me in free agency and show my teammates I'm ready to help lead them on, and off, the ice. I've put in a lot of work this off-season to really bump up my game so I'm excited to get on the ice with my new teammates.

I've got high expectation for myself going into this season. I expect to break out and become a major force in the SHL and I think Los Angeles is destined to become an elite team.

(230 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

PROMPT 2

The San Francisco Pride have definitely seen a ton of changes this offseason. After a season where we actually did better than many expected, we still got stuck with Texas in the first round of the playoffs so that dream was ended quickly. This offseason, our GMs spend a lot of time and energy to help make our team competitive this season and in the direct future. To being, we traded a host of picks and a lower activity player for Jack Klompus, both a great player and user, to add some star talent to our first line. While this means that Miguel won't be playing there for the foreseeable future, the team will be much better this way. Further, we traded even more picks for Marco Barengrub, another highly active player, this time from my draft class, so that will also ensure our the offensive side of the puck continues to be great in the future. Finally, the Pride shored up the defense with veteran D-man Parker Smeb. I feel like these moves will allow us to surprise some folks!
183 words.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 05:15 PM by r1c3bowl22.)

PROMPT 2

This offseason, I was drafted 31st overall to the San Francisco Pride. A top prospect, I believe the team picked up a defenceman who can be a cornerstone of the franchise. Although it will be a while until I see any action with the top team. The Pride also drafted Ezra Wong at the 36th overall spot. Another great prospect, Wong comes from a storied line of SHL players including a past hall of famer. Much like myself, it will be a few seasons until he's in a Pride jersey. Making more immediate impacts will be Parker Smeb and Jack Klompus. Both were aquired via trade. Smeb is much older, an S46 draftee, so it's unclear how much longer he has in the SHL. However with more than 1300 TPE to his name, Smeb could be a useful contributor for a few seasons. Klompus is an S54 draftee. He should have a long time in the SHL still to come and could provide offensive firepower this season, and when the new prospects come up to the main roster.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

I think it'd be easier to just say that we in Nevada have been mostly looking at a key season without a lot of change per se, besides strengthening where it was necessary. It's not that we are expecting the other teams to not be good or anything like that but we kinda came for this season as the one at the end of the cycle. Still kinda feels odd that the end of my minor league time is actually coming somewhat soon. I am genuinely looking forward to seeing how I do in Manhattan, not only in terms of actual in-game quality but out of it as well... yet I insist that my run on Nevada has to win with some sort of silverware. It's only fair for such a hard-fought team to get at least something out of the whole interim and I maintain it'd be a miscarriage of justice if we fail to do so.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Ah shit cant believe you made me lose the game

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Code:

Colorado is going to be interesting this season. After losing a few veterans, namely our captain Angus McFife, we got really young quickly. With new captains and an entire 4th forward line and 3rd defense pairing of new players and rookies it will be interesting. I think we have the talent and the coaching to go all the way this season, but I foresee a small drop off in production. The good news is nobody seems to be all in this season like last year. There are definitely threats this year, but no clear cut favorite. I expect Kelowna and Great Falls to only get better this season. If Kelowna can keep that Ben Jammin guy out of the penalty box, they might actually win a game against us this post season. Maybe if he stopped following me around the ice asking to fight and play hockey that would be a good start. As for me? I feel like I am pretty good at flying under the radar. You won't see me winning any awards or leading the team in points. I will make the impact when it counts though. 

190 Words

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

The Edmonton Blizzard went through some changes this offseason. They went out with the old meaning older players and in with the new. They have added a total of five rookies to their lineup. They added Right Defenseman Pasta The Turtle from the Newfoundland Berserkers. Left Winger Slavakov Vladimirashenko from the Newfoundland Berserkers. They added Makrus "The Tater" Jager a center from the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. Left Winger Artemius Nyström from the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League and left defenseman Sven Svechnikov from the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. The Edmonton Blizzard are going the younger route which may be a bit painful at the beginning of the season but could pay off as the season goes on with development. Another player added in the offseason was winger Liam Slate from the Toronto Northstars. Slate has been a major disappointment thus far into his career and the trade may be a spark but will most likely end up in a failure as they player is just bad. The Blizzard's season likely rests of the development of youth.

Code:
179 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!